• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Square Enix seems to have decided to start the week kickin'. Not only did they reveal Neo TWEWY, but about an hour ago they also revealed Tomb Raider Reloaded. Albeit it's a mobile game, it's nice to know that they're working on the IP again. Also, I love the Lara Croft model they came up with this time.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno's still a safe guess with or without Mondo's posts. However I noticed something today. To throw some more fire on the speculation side of things, take a look at the content ratings for the second Fighter Pass from Wal-Mart
1606159462410.png

Whenever Suggestive Themes shows up in a content ratings board for an E10+ rating like this, it's often related to female character anatomy or suggestive outfits, which could potentially imply something about one of the remaining 4 characters

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Ok, so I am kinda out of the loop about this whole thing. What happened and should we be excited or nervous about Geno's chances? Because I'm hearing numerous different stories from both sides.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so I am kinda out of the loop about this whole thing. What happened and should we be excited or nervous about Geno's chances? Because I'm hearing numerous different stories from both sides.
Some dude name MondoMega who has 0 track record, said that Geno is in on RE however, that was him trolling. Basically a waste of time talking about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Geno's still a safe guess with or without Mondo's posts. However I noticed something today. To throw some more fire on the speculation side of things, take a look at the content ratings for the second Fighter Pass from Wal-Mart View attachment 292573

Whenever Suggestive Themes shows up in a content ratings board for an E10+ rating like this, it's often related to female character anatomy or suggestive outfits, which could potentially imply something about one of the remaining 4 characters
Isn’t that just the same rating criteria for Smash Ultimate as a whole?

D

Deleted member

Ok okay. I still think Geno has a strong chance regardless, even if this guy was just trolling.
Everything is all good. Tansut doesn’t have any info regarding Smash right now. I think he might look if his source has heard anything. I doubt it because it’s harder to leak stuff nowadays.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 292572

Not even sure why we're speculating anything is even happening this week. Every single time a new fighter was coming a 7/11 ad was up.
Don't take the image super seriously, like what some servers are doing.

Not all reveals had Smash 7/11 ad's relating to them, most notably Terry and Min Min.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
When I saw Mega Man reveal I broke in tears and my heart stopped for a second. On that moment, I thought: “I will never revive this moment again ever with any character, unless Geno gets in”. Then, Banjo took part of my childhood also and made an impact, but not as big as Mega Man. Finally, with Geno, when he gets in, he will surpass everything and everyone, due to how demanded, the amount of sacrifice, wait, nervous, Mii costumes, theories and upside downs he survived. Also, how hard and how amazing was to put a 25 years old character with one playable game, in the best multiplayer game ever. It’s insane, and Geno accomplished it. (He will).

When Geno awakens, it’s game over for me. Time to be grateful and enjoy.

Sakurai, if you are reading this, please deliver Geno before Christmas. And thanks for remembering Geno, for releasing it.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Geno's still a safe guess with or without Mondo's posts. However I noticed something today. To throw some more fire on the speculation side of things, take a look at the content ratings for the second Fighter Pass from Wal-Mart View attachment 292573

I'm looking through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine for earlier images of this, including those during FP1, but they simply aren't loading.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did Byleth get a 7/11 ad? I don't remember. Anyways, I know it's a reliable predictor but I don't know if it's as consistent of an indicator as people are making it out to be. I feel like it's like nude sunbathing in your backyard, even if you think you're being sneaky about it, all it takes is one person to notice and then suddenly you have an audience. I feel this is why they opted out of it for Terry and Min Min because it was TOO strong of an indicator.

Last edited:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Whether Mondo's information is right or not, I don't see any reason to be an asshole to him. I'm currently seeing people dig into him on other sites and Discord channels and it's like... "Is that REALLY necessary?" I swear, like 3/4's of the Smash fanbase goes in' feral if Geno's mentioned in a positive light in literally any context. God... It took a leviathan effort to get people to cancel Sabi over his bull and yet people are armed and ready to destroy this dude for basically repeating what multiple notable insiders already said months ago.
Hey, thanks for this. Doesn’t seem like i’m able to send you a DM, but do you mind shooting one my way? I’ve got something to say.

QQS

Smash Lord
Who wants to play a mini-game?

What’s your DREAM MATCH in Smash? Your 2 favorite characters, from any company. What are their chances in Smash to be playable? Well, I start, and I’m going to witness the other half of my childhood dream, very soon. My 2 favorite Third Party characters. Also I can mix them with my favorite Nintendo hero: Link.

EA04080B-C75F-4297-8731-B5141BEA4F7D.jpeg
66AF4A8D-5A98-40B2-94AF-32A94004D2D1.jpeg

I choose: ROCK & GENO

(please credit to Photo Creators).

MattX20

Smash Hero
Did Byleth get a 7/11 ad? I don't remember. Anyways, I know it's a reliable predictor but I don't know if it's as consistent of an indicator as people are making it out to be. I feel like it's like nude sunbathing in your backyard, even if you think you're being sneaky about it, all it takes is one person to notice and then suddenly you have an audience. I feel this is why they opted out of it for Terry and Min Min because it was TOO strong of an indicator.
As far as I can recall, no
What would Comic Mischief apply to tho? Steve? Someone else?
We're not even halfway through, so it's not exactly clear yet what comic mischief could be. It's just that with suggestive themes, it's often indicative of a game or series that's at least a hard T-rating to M-rating since E-rated titles wouldn't have suggestive themes like that normally

D

Deleted member

Damn, it sure is great to come back after a morning of doing my job to read a sea of comments that act like I sent the order to have Mondo crucified for his affront on Geno when all I did was point out that he's not really credible, got passively dunked on by someone who is, and isn't really worth listening to. I live for coming back after one of my less popular posts has had an opportunity to age like a fine cheese and find even more people repulsed by its aroma and taste, while they take not-so-subtle jabs at me without even having the common decency to quote my posts or even call me by name. It's hilarious how passive aggressive this community can be. ****in nuts, then, to really sit down and start formulating this reply and see this ****:

View attachment 292572

Not even sure why we're speculating anything is even happening this week. Every single time a new fighter was coming a 7/11 ad was up.
Right again?! Unconscionable. Serenade, who posts only facts and somewhat less than optimistic opinions, also known as "pointlessly dooming" cannot possibly be correct. I hope they pay you guys well for picking cherries with so much fervor.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
We're not even halfway through, so it's not exactly clear yet what comic mischief could be.
The ESRB's definition of Comic Mischief is "Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor" and Steve fits the slapstick part to a T, what with his fishing rod, TNT, and anvil shenanigans.

D

Deleted member

This is the rating for Smash Ultimate as a whole. The DLC is not going to receive a more strict rating than the base game, so WalMart probably just took what they knew and rolled with it, in case any parents are concerned about buying DLC for Christmas they can sleep easy knowing that little Jimmy is not going to be exposed to anything worse than Bayonetta.

Taken from the Smash website:
1606160874372.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
This is the rating for Smash Ultimate as a whole. The DLC is not going to receive a more strict rating than the base game, so WalMart probably just took what they knew and rolled with it, in case any parents are concerned about buying DLC for Christmas they can sleep easy knowing that little Jimmy is not going to be exposed to anything worse than Bayonetta.

Taken from the Smash website:
View attachment 292586
No, the DLC was rated individually. That's not an uncommon practice for DLC to attached games, DB FighterZ did it, Tekken did it, Street Fighter V did it and so on

D

Deleted member

Damn, it sure is great to come back after a morning of doing my job to read a sea of comments that act like I sent the order to have Mondo crucified for his affront on Geno when all I did was point out that he's not really credible, got passively dunked on by someone who is, and isn't really worth listening to. I live for coming back after one of my less popular posts has had an opportunity to age like a fine cheese and find even more people repulsed by its aroma and taste, while they take not-so-subtle jabs at me without even having the common decency to quote my posts or even call me by name. It's hilarious how passive aggressive this community can be. *in nuts, then, to really sit down and start formulating this reply and see this *:

Right again?! Unconscionable. Serenade, who posts only facts and somewhat less than optimistic opinions, also known as "pointlessly dooming" cannot possibly be correct. I hope they pay you guys well for picking cherries with so much fervor.
Dude... you were all doom and gloom from Tansut’s post thinking and almost betting he possibly disconfirmed Geno. You were the one who assumed wrong. That was you taking a post out of context. Tansut doesn’t even know anything regarding Smash right now and you never knew. It’s baffling to act like you’re not doing anything wrong.

Edit: Also the reason why people got upset was because you were throwing serious shade I mean really rude. Be skeptical, but not throw them under the bus.

D

Deleted member

Dude... you were all doom and gloom from Tansut’s post thinking and almost betting he possibly disconfirmed Geno. You were the one who assumed wrong. That was you taking a post out of context. Tansut doesn’t even know anything regarding Smash right now and you never knew. It’s baffling to act like you’re not doing anything wrong.
There are limited possibilities:

Tansut knows nothing and he hopes Mondo is right. Cool.
- He had a lapse of understanding the English language and tried to say "I miss being in the loop/[it sucks] being out of the loop"

Tansut knows something and is doing the usual insufferable insider bull**** of dunking on someone tongue in cheek.
  • He knows it's Geno and is making a fool of Mondo
  • He knows it isn't Geno and is making a fool of Mondo.

These are the most likely scenarios. In two thirds of the scenarios, Geno's chances are unaffected and in one third of the scenarios, Geno's chances are harmed. That's a net increase of negative over positive chances. Basic maths, people.

D

Deleted member

There are limited possibilities:

Tansut knows nothing and he hopes Mondo is right. Cool.
- He had a lapse of understanding the English language and tried to say "I miss being in the loop/[it sucks] being out of the loop"

Tansut knows something and is doing the usual insufferable insider bull**** of dunking on someone tongue in cheek.
  • He knows it's Geno and is making a fool of Mondo
  • He knows it isn't Geno and is making a fool of Mondo.

These are the most likely scenarios. In two thirds of the scenarios, Geno's chances are unaffected and in one third of the scenarios, Geno's chances are harmed. That's a net increase of negative over positive chances. Basic maths, people.
And you’re missing another scenario. You were just blasting MM that he’s full of crap. So why not consider that the dude doesn’t actually know anything or he’s trolling?

D

Deleted member

And you’re missing another scenario. You were just blasting MM that he’s full of crap. So why not consider that the dude doesn’t actually know anything or he’s trolling?
Because if I think that Mondo is of no consequence, why would I consider what he has to say valid statistically? Tansut is the only person with a track record in this scenario and as such, his words are the only ones with weight.

D

Deleted member

Because if I think that Mondo is of no consequence, why would I consider what he has to say valid statistically? Tansut is the only person with a track record in this scenario and as such, his words are the only ones with weight.
All righty, whatever you say

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
To put it to rest: No, Tansut has really been out of the loop for a year and likely more, this isn't new information, stop trying to twist it to make it seem like Tansut is deconfirming Geno when he doesn't know anything at all about it currently.

D

Deleted member

Say what you will about me (and oh boy, have some people said a lot), but it isn’t worth looking too deep into what Tansut said.
I certainly hope no one has anything worse to say about you than I have, because any more is honestly uncalled for.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

What’s your DREAM MATCH in Smash? Your 2 favorite characters, from any company. What are their chances in Smash to be playable? Well, I start, and I’m going to witness the other half of my childhood dream, very soon. My 2 favorite Third Party characters. Also I can mix them with my favorite Nintendo hero: Link.

View attachment 292577View attachment 292578

I'll use my 3 most wanted newcomers. I've always wanted to see a match between Geno, Sora, and Paper Mario. It's probably one of the worst set of favorite characters to have for this scenario because they'll probably never all be in the same Smash game. I at least get to see Cloud fighting Mario now which is still crazy to me.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

View attachment 292577View attachment 292578

I have two big dream matches. One of them is a match between Mario, Sonic and Crash because it would be absolutely N. Sane [badum-tsh] to have the big three 90's gaming platforming mascots in the same game duking it out with each other. As for my second dream match, I would love a match between Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno. The battle of the "never evers", and it would be so surreal to have all these four characters in the game after so much demand for all these years.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tansut has kind of implied that he hasn't gotten anything major in a long time (makes sense because, ya know, pandemic and Square specifically ass blasting people over the Seven Squares leak) is trying to distance himself from all this because having the moniker of "insider" means total strangers bug the **** out of you all the time and laugh until their chin rolls chaff if you get even the most minor of details wrong. After all the petty bull**** and hobnobbing that surrounded the lead up to Hero's reveal and release, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 4000% fed up with Nintendo fans.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Still wondering exactly what we have in store this week. It's nice to finally have TWEWY 2 confirmed after over a year of rumors (something something, stuff takes time to pan out, something something Covid obviously delayed a bunch of announcements, something something) but it just kinda makes me wonder about the rest of the week.

Doom Eternal Switch still has to get an update somewhere this month, and basically everything about their wording implies that it's out SOON, yet being saved for something specific, and digital only games/ports are pretty standard for getting shadowdropped in Directs. I still think Nintendo isn't going to do a presentation on Thanksgiving so that just kinda leaves tomorrow and Wednesday, which makes sense since I'm sure they'd want to get hype going around the Switch a bit after the next-gen consoles "launched" and Black Friday is now being stretched to an entire week.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I'm not 100% convinced on this whole thing personally, BUT... if this rating IS INDEED for the DLC SPECIFICALLY and "Suggestive Themes" is the content descriptor of the hour here...
sh2.jpg

Aw look, she's happy.

I mean uh... yeah. She doesn't really wear much. A bra and some really tight pants. That's kind of it for her. Has to dress like that so she can belly dance, which is integral to her moveset, turning into elephants and such. A belly dancing, bra wearing girl in tight pants. Pretty Suggestive Themes right there.

Genosmrpg.png

Then look at THIS... this... ANIMAL! This HORRIBLE DISGUSTING ANIMAL! He doesn't wear any PANTS! No pants dance all day every day for this guy! He wears just about everything BUT pants. If Shantae won't wear a shirt, Geno won't wear pants. ABHORRENT, truly! No pants dance is definitely a suggestive theme if ever there was one :)

Now this last one's a SUPER long shot, probably not even likely, but like...
Perhaps.jpg

If Hayabusa comes, I'm not exactly gonna be too upset if Kasumi or Ayane join him as like an alt or something, if they even wanna go fast and loose and do that (more DOA can only be a good thing IMO). Some might be upset at their outfits, so that's pretty Suggestive Themes. Probably not gonna happen, kind of a long shot. Though weirdly enough, if they DID get in Smash, it wouldn't be the first time they were grabbed and slammed around by Ridley as DOA: Dimensions can attest to.

So yeah... there's a Suggestive Serving Size of Suggestive Themes for ya.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

This is actually another hint at Geno, who is no stranger to "suggestive themes"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom