• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let's play a drinking game!

Every time Fatmanonice Fatmanonice uses the words 'literally' 'heavily' or 'hard' take a drink.
Don't actually play though because you'll drown. :ultpacman:
I type how I talk so I use superlatives a lot. I'm kind of surprised you're the first person in probably a decade to call me out on it. On that note:

119759872_10158841773123432_5976699697537676010_n~2.jpg

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Honestly, what is the thing still needed to push them over the finish line and add Geno? Seems like there's so many things in his favor, what else do they need to go 'Alright, fine, he's playable.'
Wishes from Star Road.⭐ I feel pretty good about Geno being the next character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nazyrus Nazyrus I brought up the various retail leaks because of what happened with several notable retail leaks back in January/February. For example...

This leaked mid January and then coincidentally was officially revealed during the mini Direct in March. I've come to notice with most retail leaks with actual backing that they tend to pan out a few months later. For example, Skyward Sword Switch and a Collector's edition of BotW 2 leaked mid August so, if not a complete error, this suggests they should be panning out soon.

spongeabc5

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, and it may just be because of the election, but is anyone else a little suspicious of how NoA has been dead silent on Twitter today?

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Can you imagine the second when Geno hints are 100% clear of being him in the trailer? Like the Jiggy in Banjo trailer...or the moment when Geno is announced and we have the “Later Today” or counting the days for next week. Or the seconds after turning on the Switch with the “Joins the battle”.

Omg man, after 2 decades of Fan Demand; after almost 25 years from his only playable game back in 1996 and after all our wait (in my case since I was a kid with 7 or 8 years old), that would be surreal.

Now I’m 30 like many old school fans here, like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice who has done everything for this Cause.

Geno will have all of our DNA. Geno will grant our wish and will make thousands of people happy, worldwide.

This is happening. I believe this in a 100% mode since Ultímate got DLC confirmed. It’s clear for me, too much evidence, fan demand, recognition and PERFECT FIT.

Firox

Smash Master
To be fair, every other Nintendo account has yet to tweet anything.
Though then again... this election...
Guess we'll see tomorrow, really
To be honest, the election isn't just deciding the fate of the US, but rather the entire world. I'm sure all of our allies and enemies are on the edge of their seats right now, Japan included.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Can you imagine the second when Geno hints are 100% clear of being him in the trailer? Like the Jiggy in Banjo trailer...or the moment when Geno is announced and we have the “Later Today” or counting the days for next week. Or the seconds after turning on the Switch with the “Joins the battle”.

Omg man, after 2 decades of Fan Demand; after almost 25 years from his only playable game back in 1996 and after all our wait (in my case since I was a kid with 7 or 8 years old), that would be surreal.

Now I’m 30 like many old school fans here, like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice who has done everything for this Cause.

Geno will have all of our DNA. Geno will grant our wish and will make thousands of people happy, worldwide.

This is happening. I believe this in a 100% mode since Ultímate got DLC confirmed. It’s clear for me, too much evidence, fan demand, recognition and PERFECT FIT.
You mention the jiggy from Banjo being the hint before he was revealed. For the last trailer when I saw Mario and Cloud together before Steve, I’ll admit they had me going, and I thought it was going to be Geno.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, and it may just be because of the election, but is anyone else a little suspicious of how NoA has been dead silent on Twitter today?
As MrJudd MrJudd pointed out to the Star Road earlier today, Nintendo's official Japanese Twitter hasn't posted since Sunday so it is kind of suspicious.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Silent Twitter
  • A bunch of maintenance
  • Random Monthy Recap
  • Many listing and ratings still unaccounted for
  • Partner Showcases randomly canned for the rest of the year
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope, still not biting. I do think we are getting SOMETHING soon, maybe even tomorrow, but a major presentation just feels wrong at the moment.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I really wanna say that an actual direct is likely, but yeah it could be something else maybe Smash? Idk
  • Silent Twitter
  • A bunch of maintenance
  • Random Monthy Recap
  • Many listing and ratings still unaccounted for
  • Partner Showcases randomly canned for the rest of the year
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope, still not biting. I do think we are getting SOMETHING soon, maybe even tomorrow, but a major presentation just feels wrong at the moment.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Also
A. Spirit Event tonight, 100% since the last two were tournaments
B. Watch if NoA unpins the Partner Showcase tweet today, it's been up for almost a week. When Steve's reveal got announced they unpinned the Age of Calamity tweet they had the evening before so they could pin the stream announcement the next day.

Last edited:

drewber2635

Smash Cadet

I feel you brother. 30 here as well and Geno would be the perfect “retro” choice for this fighter pass. I have so many fond memories of the SNES and Geno really represents that era of gaming for me and a ton of other people too I’m sure. Kids nowadays got a huge prize by getting Steve/Alex in Smash so I think its about time us older fans got our wish granted! Also, Square-Enix apparently don’t want money. They are sitting on characters like Geno and Mallow and just wasting all of that potential. They should at least sell those characters to Nintendo or something instead of having them collect dust! Anyways, here‘s to Geno getting into Smash this time around! Cheers!

QQS

Smash Lord
I feel you brother. 30 here as well and Geno would be the perfect “retro” choice for this fighter pass. I have so many fond memories of the SNES and Geno really represents that era of gaming for me and a ton of other people too I’m sure. Kids nowadays got a huge prize by getting Steve/Alex in Smash so I think its about time us older fans got our wish granted! Also, Square-Enix apparently don’t want money. They are sitting on characters like Geno and Mallow and just wasting all of that potential. They should at least sell those characters to Nintendo or something instead of having them collect dust! Anyways, here‘s to Geno getting into Smash this time around! Cheers!
Its our time now, brother!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom