• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Seeing the promo image for the next Spirit Event, I saw the Shy Guy spirit and the silhouette with its mask removed and thought, "huh... what if Sakurai went full mad lad and added a Shy Guy as a playable fighter?". Of course it wouldn't be a full Challenger Pack, but it would be a nice bonus character. In addition to that, the Shy Guy color alts, although basic, are pretty cool.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Yo, this makes me want for Geno to have an evil alt color. 👀
An alt for Geno based on the Dark Star from Bowser's Inside Story would be so sick and would make a lot of sense thematically.

You could even make his cape resemble Fawful's after he siphons some of its energy.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
One year ago, in a November morning, I woke up to biggest the leak in post-launch Smash Ultimate history. I still remember picking up my phone and being greeted by papagenos papagenos 's video coverage of the leak and all the debates and commotion that happened on this very thread.

To most people it's just a silly ol' Smash leak that's probably been out for too long to real, but to me it's much more than that. It skyrocketed my faith in Geno, which is high as ever to this day. It made me curious about the Doom franchise and led me to play the classic Doom games, which I ended up loving and also still play fairly frequently. And last but not least, it brought me and hopefully a lot of other people both here and on the Star Road server a lot of joy and laughter due to the memes I brought about.

I don't mean to sound sappy or anything, but this here leak really did do a lot of positive things for me in the end, and for that I'm grateful. Whether it's some talented modder or a Nintendo intern who let it out to the public, I thank them! It may be as old as the hell that was fighter 5 speculation, but it's as real as can be and you can't convince me otherwise.

Happy Cacomallow Day y'all!

cacomallow day.png

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, here's to hoping we get something decent this week, because with my hypothetical "worst possible outcome for everybody involved" scenario playing out exactly as I expected it to I could really use some good news.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, would absolutely love to see a Smash presentation announced for Friday and reveals Geno for release on the 16th.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't want just any Smash news at all - I want Geno as a fighter in Ultimate news. The last time I got Smash news effectively killed any hype I had at that point, and now it's like "What could they possibly do to make up for that?"

And the answers are very few. Shadow? I doubt it, either due to SEGA mandates or Sakurai just not seeing him fit to be even an Echo. Alis/Alys/Chaz/Nei? Never in a million years, considering SEGA only cares about anything post-Online in regards to Phantasy Star.

It has to be Geno. I feel like he's the only one of my wanted characters that actually has a real chance that you can see. The only one who you can say 'He's probably in' for.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I don't want just any Smash news at all - I want Geno as a fighter in Ultimate news. The last time I got Smash news effectively killed any hype I had at that point, and now it's like "What could they possibly do to make up for that?"

And the answers are very few. Shadow? I doubt it, either due to SEGA mandates or Sakurai just not seeing him fit to be even an Echo. Alis/Alys/Chaz/Nei? Never in a million years, considering SEGA only cares about anything post-Online in regards to Phantasy Star.

It has to be Geno. I feel like he's the only one of my wanted characters that actually has a real chance that you can see. The only one who you can say 'He's probably in' for.
Steve was pretty hype for me, but everyone has their opinions and I 100% respect yours. I do see why some people might not like Steve all that well.

I will say, I do want Geno next too. I want to properly enjoy the final fighters without worrying "will this be Geno?".

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Steve was pretty hype for me, but everyone has their opinions and I 100% respect yours. I do see why some people might not like Steve all that well.

I will say, I do want Geno next too. I want to properly enjoy the final fighters without worrying "will this be Geno?".
This, definitely. Some people feel that Geno would be a good fit for the final fighter, but I disagree all the way - either tell me he's in as a fighter next, or tell me that he won't be coming at all next. This waiting game wondering 'what if' has very much overstayed its welcome.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So the maintenance that was scheduled for yesterday (the first one of that type that I ever seen) wasn't the only one that happened: Nintendo made 2 more maintenances on online play, one before the scheduled one that lasted 1h40m and another after that lasted 3 hours.

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/archive_maintenance.html

Something's up... Imagine if my amiibo theory is right and I guessed the Direct date a month ago.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
It really is hard to believe that it's been one year since the great false hope. What a year...

I wish only the worst for the perpetrator of Cacomallow if fake.
I have to say, there is a special place in Hell for people that get off on giving others false hope. Here's to hoping Cacomallow is real.

QQS

Smash Lord
Can you imagine guys/girls:

-Geno as 78 bringing Mallow costume + SMRPG to the NSO + a Remake to promote Geno
-Doomguy as 79 bringing Caco costume
(They were always real...)
-Crash as 80 with Crash4 to Switch
-Hayabusa as 81 for the good relation with Koei + being a nice fit in terms of design, character, moveset, music, best Ninja ever and mostly: a third party NES LEGEND like Mega Man.

BD543EE2-2B4A-4BBA-8BE6-163317CBEE07.png

I can totally imagine this pic between Ryu-Greninja and Sheik in the trailer.

Also this a wallpaper at the end to remember this epic moment:
2B79293D-7105-45BD-8F2E-8D751ADE73AB.gif

With those 4 (Geno-Doom-Crash-Hayabusa), I would be missing only Lloyd, Rayman and Dante (on the third party scene) + Bandana and Dixie (on the first party scene).

Of course this is IMO and talking about the real chances, cause if it depends on me, put please Skull Kid and Zero from Mega Man X hahaha.

SFor me the rest of the pass is between:

Geno-Doom-Crash-Hayabusa-Lloyd-Rayman-Dante.

I don’t consider Bandana, Dixie or Pokemon cause I think those could be Bonuses.

Now the real point: LETS HOPE FOR GENO’S AWAKENING!

GENO LANDS FROM THE SKY!

B0209953-2E8D-463A-B981-CFD9D3371C2D.jpeg

(Collage made i time ago but please credit to ALL AMAZING ARTISTS).

Best wishes from Chile! May Geno finds his inner light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom