• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I've missed the part where this doesn't mean anything, but it looks like both the Smash fighters page and the Direct website were updated quite recently?

I feel like I might be overanalyzing things, but does Nintendo seems very suspicious lately to anyone else?
Yes, they are. It's crazy to think this theory was right all along (but the elections pushed it a day back):

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Yes, they are. It's crazy to think this theory was right all along (but the elections pushed it a day back):
What was the deleted tweet that you were talking about?

BUFF MY PUFF

Smash Apprentice
Yeah true. I think it would be cool to refill 5% of his health though since in SMRPG, taking Honey Syrup restores 5% of FP, so I decided to reference that here.
Makes sense, forgot about that. I was just saying 1% for sake of balance, but maybe 5% on first use and none on future uses would work?

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
So what's the likelihood of something happening tomorrow. I say it's pretty likely, what do y'all think?

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
A gimmick that I'd like to see for Geno besides timed hits would be bonus flowers. They'd work very similar to how they work in SMRPG. If Geno gets a kill, he would have a random chance to get a bonus flower. The bonus flower could give Geno one of three effects: increase his damage output, decrease the damage he takes, or heal him for 50%. It wouldn't be very overpowered because there'd be a decently low chance of it happening, but it could be a nice comeback mechanic.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, I was thinking about what we would get tomorrow if there is indeed an announcement, and looking at everything that's been announced over the last 3-4 months I realized something
  • July 19th-25th : Partner Showcase
  • July 26th-August 1st : NOTHING
  • August 2nd-8th : Pikmin 3 Deluxe/Small Battlefield
  • August 9th-15th : NOTHING
  • August 16th-22nd : Indie World
  • August 23rd-30th : Partner Showcase : 2nd Impact
  • August 31st-September 5th : Mario 35th Direct
  • September 6th-12th : Age of Calamity
  • September 13th-19th : Partner Showcase : 3rd Strike
  • September 20th-26th : Kirby Fighters 2
  • September 27th-October 3rd : Pokemon/Steve
  • October 4th-10th : Treehouse
  • October 11th-17th : NOTHING
  • October 18th-24th : Shadow Dragon NES Translation
  • October 25th-31st : Partner Showcase : Final Bout
We haven't actually gotten a major First-Party game announcement since Age of Calamity almost two months ago, all we've gotten since then is smaller downloadable stuff and DLC. (I'm not complaining, mind you). It's pretty obvious a few major retail games got delayed into 2021, Bravely Default 2, I assume 3D World (did we ever get 100% confirmation from anyone it was meant for this year?) and potentially Pokemon Snap (heard multiple people say it was meant for 2020 but the anniversary being next year makes me think otherwise). I get the feeling that either this week or the next is when we'll get an announcement for a January/February release that was pushed out of this year.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was thinking about what we would get tomorrow if there is indeed an announcement, and looking at everything that's been announced over the last 3-4 months I realized something
  • July 19th-25th : Partner Showcase
  • July 26th-August 1st : NOTHING
  • August 2nd-8th : Pikmin 3 Deluxe/Small Battlefield
  • August 9th-15th : NOTHING
  • August 16th-22nd : Indie World
  • August 23rd-30th : Partner Showcase : 2nd Impact
  • August 31st-September 5th : Mario 35th Direct
  • September 6th-12th : Age of Calamity
  • September 13th-19th : Partner Showcase : 3rd Strike
  • September 20th-26th : Kirby Fighters 2
  • September 27th-October 3rd : Pokemon/Steve
  • October 4th-10th : Treehouse
  • October 11th-17th : NOTHING
  • October 18th-24th : Shadow Dragon NES Translation
  • October 25th-31st : Partner Showcase : Final Bout
We haven't actually gotten a major First-Party game announcement since Age of Calamity almost two months ago, all we've gotten since then is smaller downloadable stuff and DLC. (I'm not complaining, mind you). It's pretty obvious a few major retail games got delayed into 2021, Bravely Default 2, I assume 3D World (did we ever get 100% confirmation from anyone it was meant for this year?) and potentially Pokemon Snap (heard multiple people say it was meant for 2020 but the anniversary being next year makes me think otherwise). I get the feeling that either this week or the next is when we'll get an announcement for a January/February release.
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD or the rumored 2D Metroid, I'm calling it now.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Is this the Amiibo thing? Why would they repost it on November 5th and what does it mean if they do?
1. It's less of a repost and more of a "this is actually when it was first meant to appear", because they haven't returned it when we saw places like Japan posting just a vague 2021. If it was a error, they would've fixed it and put back up already.
2. They have some kind a presentation that made them hold off on this update (and not give us back during Steve's release, which was when the tweet first surfaced). If they knew the date back then, why wait a entire month to show it off?

Also, something to remember: NintendoVS doesn't have a tournament scheduled for this week (but they have for the weekends after), being the first time since the start of September without a tournament and we just got a Smash Tourney.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Not sure if I've seen this brought up very often (or at all) but I think I'd like to see Gaz and his mother become more important characters. For the owner of the Geno doll, Gaz isn't all that important - he sort of becomes irrelevant immediately after you leave town. And while you can just visit him again whenever.. you can visit everyone else whenever, too, so he doesn't really stand out.

It might go against the 'town, inn, dungeon' pattern, but I think I'd like to see the party have a defined, traveling base in a SMRPG sequel - Bowser's airship, something made by Gadd or something to do with Peach - but a solid place that you take around with you as you travel.. And bring Gaz along with you. If you buy into the theory that his mother is the one who made the doll for him, then maybe she could come too and be the one to supply Geno's upgrades and such. It could still function as a progression-based upgrade system if you only get improved weapons/armor as she designs them chapter by chapter, and she requires coins for purchasing materials. There could even possibly be special hidden upgrades that you could only get if you bring her rare materials that you find in hidden blocks, special enemy drops etc.

Gaz, if he doesn't end up as a party member or in some other role, could be a part of the upgrade system, too. Maybe he's taken up sewing over the years and he's the one who makes Geno new capes and hats while his mother handles the more dangerous weapon crafting.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Perhaps I've missed the part where this doesn't mean anything, but it looks like both the Smash fighters page and the Direct website were updated quite recently?

I feel like I might be overanalyzing things, but does Nintendo seems very suspicious lately to anyone else?
Huuhuuhuu. So, they once again removed the "Coming 10/3/2020" tag from Steve/Alex's character banner in the Fighters section of the Smash Bros. website. Since near the end of October (I believe the 30th), I had noticed that they had been tinkering around with Steve/Alex's character banner; adding the "Coming 10/3/2020" tag, then removing it the next day, then on the next day adding it again, up until now that they once again removed it. HMMMMMMMM.👀

Was there something specific we should look at in the nostalgia section or were you just pointing it out because it's cool? That Super Metroid Switch skin is making me stupid giddy, ngl.

The only thing I can think of for the Minecraft thing is that the Switch version of the game comes with both a Mario character costume pack and texture pack that makes the world look like it's from Mario.
The thing about the Nostalgia blasts section I found curious is seeing Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy among the products/games. Sure, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is also there, but when I saw Crash, it was... rather... curious.🤔

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, right, Nintendo published earnings today.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/201105_4e.pdf

TL:DR Highlights
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still beating out Animal Crossing at 28.99 Million and 26.04 million respectively
  • 3D Allstars Sold 5.41 Million (in September)
  • Origami King sold 2.82 Million (By October)
  • Clubhouse Games sold 1.81 Million
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition sold 1.40 Million
off topic yes but im Happy AC sold 26.04, makes me real happy

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Bowser's airship, something made by Gadd or something to do with Peach
Lol anyone remember when they used to use E. Gadd a lot before just completely dropping the poor guy from everything, except the Luigi's Mansion games where it's kind of mandatory that he be in them?
The thing about the Nostalgia blasts section I found curious is seeing Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy among the products/games. Sure, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is also there, but when I saw Crash, it was... rather... curious.🤔
I think Crash is a likely character but I doubt this means anything at all.

D

Deleted member

Huuhuuhuu. So, they once again removed the "Coming 10/3/2020" tag from Steve/Alex's character banner in the Fighters section of the Smash Bros. website. Since near the end of October (I believe the 30th), I had noticed that they had been tinkering around with Steve/Alex's character banner; adding the "Coming 10/3/2020" tag, then removing it the next day, then on the next day adding it again, up until now that they once again removed it. HMMMMMMMM.👀
This is another instance of Nintendo's accidental genius level plays. Min Min's "coming [date]" banner was on her literally until Steve launched, and I only know because I checked the page frequently in the months leading up to Steve like some kind of asylum patient hoping for a mistake to be made and a character to be leaked.

I say that this is accidental genius because Nintendo no doubt had a rough year. Late last year/early this year I pointed out how they are actively hiring for two website positions, but I'm not sure if their Japanese half is hiring for those same positions. It is reasonable to assume that right now, or in the past few months, there was no one whose whole job it was to take care of their web presence, and therefore, Min Min's launch banner was never removed after it stopped being relevant. Likewise, it is just as likely that they keep those up until a new character is about to take the "coming [date]" banner... It's tragic that these things mean so many different things that they essentially mean nothing.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
oop, i came on around 10 minutes ago and i was the only one, and then suddenly guests an others are pouring in a little, did something happen whilst i wasn't here?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We have to remember that Daylight Savings ended, so it might be an hour later than we're expecting. That, and don't forget the odd post/update that happened later on yesterday
By odd post/update you mean the site/direct page update?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well I'll gladly take this baloney to distract me over the other baloney going on in the world.

I put the odds at 40% that Nintendo has one more reveal left in the year. But I also put the odds at 100% that we'll be waiting at least a month to hear anything

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Food for thought: If you had a event being livestreamed, but something else is taking all of the world's attention, would you do the event anyways with very few people watching or wait until after it so you can have a good audience?

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Food for thought: If you had a event being livestreamed, but something else is taking all of the world's attention, would you do the event anyways with very few people watching or wait until after it so you can have a good audience?
i like to do things asap so no one will give me spoilers (cuz it always happens) so idm

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, it depends on what the world is attending too. If its something unimportant then I will stay tuned towards that event. If the world was set to end soon then I might stay tuned towards that instead.

D

Deleted member

I'd do it anyway because I know my audience is mostly children.

I highly doubt Nintendo is postponing anything just because the US political theater is providing a clown show for the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I don't think anything earth shaking was planned in advance for the first week in November on a year divisible by 4.

The world can only deal with so much crap happening at once. That's why World War 2 has about three years of movies made abut it for every one year it lasted

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys are really desperate if you think we'd get anything this month despite it having only been little over a month ago since Steve.

Name me one time character reveals were close to that time range?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For Smash 4, both Corrin and Bayonetta were revealed one month after Cloud.
Wasn’t Isabelle revealed one month after Simon, Richter & K. Rool for Ultimate too?

also in 2014, E3 saw Palutena, the Mii Fighters and PAC-MAN. Robin and Lucina were revealed the next month, and then Shulk the month after that.

Then again these that I’ve mentioned are all base game examples so...

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wasn’t Isabelle revealed one month after Simon, Richter & K. Rool for Ultimate too?

also in 2014, E3 saw Palutena, the Mii Fighters and PAC-MAN. Robin and Lucina were revealed the next month, and then Shulk the month after that.

Then again these that I’ve mentioned are all base game examples so...
Yeah, as you said, those were reveals pre-base game, which work differently from DLC.

I mean I'm not gonna say FP8 this month is impossible because who knows, I guess there's always a chance, but it's still very very unlikely in my eyes. December or January.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, as you said, those were reveals pre-base game, which work differently from DLC.

I mean I'm not gonna say FP8 this month is impossible because who knows, I guess there's always a chance, but it's still very very unlikely in my eyes. December or January.
Feel like the one month gap between Cloud and then Corrin/Bayonetta was an exception too cause the latter two were in the final presentation for 4 and thus wanted to show them off even though their releases came later

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You guys are really desperate if you think we'd get anything this month despite it having only been little over a month ago since Steve.

Name me one time character reveals were close to that time range?
Dude, we’re just speculating. I am more into hoping for a Direct of some kind than a Smash reveal, at least on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom