• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Damn, remember when Hero and Banjo were revealed in June, then Hero released in July and Banjo released in September and they revealed Terry at the same time? And then Terry released in November?

Well your memory's ****ed because that never happened. They would never reveal/release so many characters so close to one another. Stop being desperate.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Damn, remember when Hero and Banjo were revealed in June, then Hero released in July and Banjo released in September and they revealed Terry at the same time? And then Terry released in November?

Well your memory's ****ed because that never happened. They would never reveal/release so many characters so close to one another. Stop being desperate.
I don’t think acting like that will do anything. You can’t really tell us what to do, not that we are doing that; we are just speculating. I am more into a Direct than a Smash reveal, but I don’t think we’re desperate here.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Having Fighter #8's reveal a month after Steve's release doesn't mean the character will be released the same month as said reveal. We could get a November reveal, and a December release for instance (thus a two month gap between releases). Not that I'm expecting a reveal this month, mind you.
True, you have a point there. But I said what I said because I assume they will follow the same structure as they did with Steve and Min Min (kinda), that is, revealing who's the fighter and releasing him shortly after, no more than 1-2 weeks.

If that is how they will handle the rest of the Pass, I have a hard time seeing FP8 being announced in November and to be released at the end of the month or early December.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't think we're getting a reveal until atleast the Game Awards either but I don't think a reveal in November is impossible, just unlikely. I'm more expecting a 2021 game reveal right now than anything else.
True, you have a point there. But I said what I said because I assume they will follow the same structure as they did with Steve and Min Min (kinda), that is, revealing who's the fighter and releasing him shortly after, no more than 1-2 weeks.

If that is how they will handle the rest of the Pass, I have a hard time seeing FP8 being announced in November and to be released at the end of the month or early December.
I mean, that's almost certainly just because they aren't holding any general directs for the time being. There's no place to reveal the characters so they just decide to wait until they are actually done and show them that way. I think once we reach January Nintendo will go back to a more traditional announcement schedule.

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
SMRPG Sequel RE Gaz SNIP
Hear me out... Gaz as the MAIN PROTAGONIST.

A sequel set 7 years later, a drastically changed world since Smithy‘s defeat, Gaz inspired in his formative years to shape himself into becoming like his legends, Geno & Mario’s merry band, swearing to protect the realm in their stead... when a new threat emerges, beckoning the warriors’ return.

It’d give off heavy MHA Deku:AllMight dynamics with Geno’s reunion & elder-seasoned leadership.

Trouble is, where’s MARIO???!?? The first half of the game before a big middle-climax would be the quest to restore Mario to the fray... and then he’d be featured prominently & given EPIC story treatment. Big Papa Merio Energy.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hear me out... Gaz as the MAIN PROTAGONIST.

A sequel set 7 years later, a drastically changed world since Smithy‘s defeat, Gaz inspired in his formative years to shape himself into becoming like his legends, Geno & Mario’s merry band, swearing to protect the realm in their stead... when a new threat emerges, beckoning the warriors’ return.

It’d give off heavy MHA Deku:AllMight dynamics with Geno’s reunion & elder-seasoned leadership.

Trouble is, where’s MARIO???!?? The first half of the game before a big middle-climax would be the quest to restore Mario to the fray... and then he’d be featured prominently & given EPIC story treatment. Big Papa Merio Energy.
..I know you made the MHA reference, but for some reason this just gives me Wind Waker vibes. "...But the hero did not appear."

Mario's just stuck in a painting again, isn't he?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember, we do have precedent for Friday announcements for Smash to occur as noted by MinMin's being announced on a Friday and occurred 3 days later. Keep your eyes open tomorrow. If not, next week seems to line up going by the upcoming maintenance periods for the 16th

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
..I know you made the MHA reference, but for some reason this just gives me Wind Waker vibes. "...But the hero did not appear."

Mario's just stuck in a painting again, isn't he?
Hehe, I love it!! Great comparison.

Lol naaah, I actually think it’d fit the humor of the original to have Mario’s disappearance simply be that he & Peach took an extended tropical vacation just vibing sipping Mai Tai’s oblivious to what’s happening on the mainland hahaha.

Luigi can be an early recruit instead. Say you’re on this massive quest to find Mario when you just coincidentally stroll up to Peach in a beach town (a la Costa Del Sol) who ferried ashore to get farmer’s market goods for their vk and got separated from Mario bc the tides have gone otherworldly crazy (one of the new villain’s generals)...

Cue Jonathan Jones’ crew to the rescue ;)

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Awwwww S***!!! Y'all Sakurai is hyped to show what's coming up on the remainder of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (according to his latest Famitsu Column, as reported by Event Hubs).
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/nov/04/masahiro-sakurai-next-ssbu-steve/

"Masahiro Sakurai mentioned how he was looking forward to the next reveal." 👀

EDIT: Omg, they changed Steve/Alex's tag on his character banner that's on the Fighters section of the official Smash Bros. Ultimate website by adding again the "Coming 10/13/2020". Earlier today it just said "New". They've been switching this back and forth for quite a few days now.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Awwwww S***!!! Y'all Sakurai is hyped to show what's coming up on the remainder of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (according to his latest Famitsu Column, as reported by Event Hubs).

EDIT: Omg, they changed Steve/Alex's tag on his character banner that's on the Fighters section of the official Smash Bros. Ultimate website by adding again the "Coming 10/13/2020". Earlier today it just said "New". They've been switching this back and forth for quite a few days now.
Perhaps a Sakurai Presents announced tomorrow for Monday, like Min Min?

One can dream.

Reactions: QQS

QQS

Smash Lord

GENO SMASHES THE PARTY!

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Problem with this is that there's no way to tell it was ever removed aside form taking people's word for it. I keep checking Wayback Machine, and literally every snapshot from Oct 4 - now has the "Coming 10/13/2020" removed, meaning it's a wayback glitch, cause I am pretty dang certain that 10/13/2020 thing was there on Oct 4, despite Wayback Machine saying otherwise

TLDR? We have no proof that 10/13/2020 was ever removed, because Wayback Machine is glitching. So we can't know if it was added back.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Problem with this is that there's no way to tell it was ever removed aside form taking people's word for it. I keep checking Wayback Machine, and literally every snapshot from Oct 4 - now has the "Coming 10/13/2020" removed, meaning it's a wayback glitch, cause I am pretty dang certain that 10/13/2020 thing was there on Oct 4, despite Wayback Machine saying otherwise

TLDR? We have no proof that 10/13/2020 was ever removed, because Wayback Machine is glitching. So we can't know if it was added back.
I first started keeping an eye on Steve/Alex's character banner from October 30th and onward. On that day the banner had the tag saying "New Coming 10/13/2020". When I checked the next day it only said "New". Then I think around November 1st it had gone back to saying "New Coming 10/13/2020". Earlier today again it only said "New", and when I checked a couple of minutes ago it said "New Coming 10/13/2020" yet again. Dunno; for a character that's been out since October 13th, I'd at least understand their character banner keeping the "New" tab. It's the near constant changing of the tag that's seemed odd as of late.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Hi everyone, how are y'all doin, been a while.
I'm currently focused on the 2020 elections (since you know it's really important) but I thought I'd say hi.

Let's hope for a Geno(and Waluigi wink-wink) reveal this November.

Peace. ✌
Waluigi is probably my second most wanted character that still feels realizable. Hopefully the Smash team likes their puppets with a side of angry Italian men.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
A reveal in November would be insane. A reveal in November and that being a character hard to pronounce so you can call him Geno after the doll; that would be out of this world...
Genovember, now that´s funny.
But seriously guys, odds are, we´re probably seeing the next dlc in december at the earliest and early february at the latest.
I love that you guys are still holding the flame though. Keep it up.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The past few days have proven any Nintendo related news on their social media pages like Twitter have been much later on in the day, so don't count out the day until then

T2by4

Smash Lord
The past few days have proven any Nintendo related news on their social media pages like Twitter have been much later on in the day, so don't count out the day until then
Do people really think we're getting some big announcement today? Really?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Tbh I don't really care whether something happens tomorrow or within a month from now, I just have fun popping in and seeing the speculation.
Yeah same here. As absolute poggers as it is for me to have Geno in Smash, I will also be sad to see where this thread goes from here. This site has been the most fun I have ever had when it comes to speculation and I will be sad to see the thread die down once Geno is revealed.

QQS

Smash Lord
02E04F35-A62D-4816-8BA4-E2E67675F7C6.jpeg

Updated list on top10 switch best selling games. Found in Twitter.

Will Smash will be the 2nd when Geno, Crash, Hayabusa, Lloyd, Isaac, Waluigi and or Doom join the battle?

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 291277

Updated list on top10 switch best selling games. Found in Twitter.

Will Smash will be the 2nd when Geno, Crash, Hayabusa, Lloyd, Isaac, Waluigi and or Doom join the battle?
Being top 3 if not top 5 is still good numbers for Ultimate. No one will ever call Ultimate a commercial failure with over 21 million copies sold

StarLight42

Smash Lord
keep in mind, these numbers came out just before the Steve reveal

If there’s any character that’s going to bring in potentially millions of people to smash, it’s Minecraft. It’s over 10 years old at this point yet somehow is getting increasingly popular these days with youtubers and speedrunners like Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom