• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The only good conclusion we reached is that it was a DDOS attack.
Really? Yikes. I'm guessing this is someone from 4Chan and GameFAQ's considering the people on both sites hate us for some reason.

Its also for these reasons that make me believe that haters are more obsessed with Geno then we are.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
You stop working or studying cause a Direct is coming. You turn on your computer. 3-2-1.... A star falling from the sky is seen...You though it was something Kirby or Metroid related.

32250F51-3B32-483E-994F-870CC456253E.jpeg

The Star enters to a house and the scene of Geno Awakening starts to play.

D5F44315-0011-417A-B314-CA807900AB9D.png

Mario is lost in the woods running from some arrows falling with Mallow.

617EE39C-1E09-4A41-97EE-AD794208E4C9.png

B6A4D206-65B4-4653-A3B8-7BC0883C337C.jpeg

He sees a mistery puppet fighting against Bowyer. Bowyer suddenly attacks Mario but the mistery fighter aids him.

A6526368-40C1-4B4D-86BE-DC08C510BAFE.jpeg

353C4C48-C0B4-4A45-A681-765D1679DB3F.jpeg

AND:
30F92233-7C0C-47B8-9FC2-F9415B6F07E0.jpeg

AD0BA2F1-A62C-4177-950A-430240D660AC.jpeg

Then some gameplay in a Stage between Forest Maze and this:

78831B65-799B-4B5F-88F4-961555BA7599.jpeg

Then this wallpaper with some Smash family:

A91C9EE2-70BB-4714-AC28-F0331AFA2406.jpeg

and finally the mistery fighter saying thanks to his new dad:

E1E9250C-9AB5-4CE7-9944-3540C8EFFD20.jpeg

Finally, internet collapses.

(Credit to all artists please)!

papagenos papagenos

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Really? Yikes. I'm guessing this is someone from 4Chan and GameFAQ's considering the people on both sites hate us for some reason.

Its also for these reasons that make me believe that haters are more obsessed with Geno then we are.
the whole site was the target, not just ya

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretty sure this thread got hit the hardest though.
not sure that matters when whoever the DDOSer was wanted to take the whole site down but failed lol. Tho why this site was a target is beyond me.

But anyway, I don't expect anything to come out of this maintenance tomorrow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to say, in the Smash Ultimate speculation era, this is the most hype Geno ever had a lot more so than brawl. If you look at speculation, predictions, and leak videos on YouTube, you would see Geno on the thumbnail again and again as you scroll down. Not to mention all the social media buzz and the over abundance of fake leaks containing Geno. There’s Geno trending on twitter. You even have Wendy’s and Walmart Canada of all things mentioning Geno. I would be genuinely surprised if Nintendo isn’t aware of Geno’s popularity let alone the Smash ballot. GENO MANIA.:geno:

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, in the Smash Ultimate speculation era, this is the biggest hype train Geno ever had a lot more son than brawl. If you look at speculation, predictions, and leak videos on YouTube, you would see Geno on the thumbnail again and again as you scroll down. Not to mention all the social media buzz and the over abundance of fake leaks containing Geno. You even have Wendy’s and Walmart Canada of all things mentioning Geno. I would be genuinely surprised if Nintendo isn’t aware of Geno’s popularity let alone the Smash ballot. GENO MANIA.
When did Wendy's mention Geno?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In regards to the new Nintendo Monthly News Roundup format, for November's edition (which would be around early December) the idea would be to highlight notable events/news that occurred within the month. October sure had its surprises so, one could surmise that November might have some as well.

EDIT: IMPORTANT HEADS-UP

Just checked the Network Status on the Nintendo Website and they added two more Maintenance subjects to November 16th.

November 16th Maintenance
  • Parent/Guardian Confirmation - 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM Pacific Time
  • Nintendo eShop Using Credit Card - 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM Pacific Time
  • Nintendo eShop (which was the one shown before) - 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM Pacific Time

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In regards to the new Nintendo Monthly News Roundup format, for November's edition (which would be around early December) the idea would be to highlight notable events/news that occurred within the month. October sure had its surprises so, one could surmise that November might have some as well.

Just checked the Network Status on the Nintendo Website and they added two more Maintenance subjects to November 16th.

• Nintendo eShop (which was the one shown before) - 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM Pacific Time
Okay, THIS is important to pay attention to because this is basically a copy and paste of the updates that happened the Monday before Steve's reveal.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

I heard that some people had problems with the eShop during Steve's release to buy Pass 2. This maintenance could be related to the release of 8, not necessarily the reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Literally 3 days into November and the evidence is pretty stacked that at least two of the next three weeks will likely have something big in it. I can dig it. The maintenance on the 16th heavily implies that something Smash is coming this month so even if Murphy's Law kicks in and we don't see anything the next two weeks, a new dark horse has entered the race and, surprisingly, the week of the 16th is now totally fair game too.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
So since it’s theorized that the next character could be done already, maybe we could get a presentation this week and a release date on the 16? Or we could get a presentation on the 16th with the character releasing the same day? I think the ladder is more likely.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I have to say, in the Smash Ultimate speculation era, this is the most hype Geno ever had a lot more so than brawl. If you look at speculation, predictions, and leak videos on YouTube, you would see Geno on the thumbnail again and again as you scroll down. Not to mention all the social media buzz and the over abundance of fake leaks containing Geno. There’s Geno trending on twitter. You even have Wendy’s and Walmart Canada of all things mentioning Geno. I would be genuinely surprised if Nintendo isn’t aware of Geno’s popularity let alone the Smash ballot. GENO MANIA.:geno:
Honestly, what is the thing still needed to push them over the finish line and add Geno? Seems like there's so many things in his favor, what else do they need to go 'Alright, fine, he's playable.'

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, THIS is important to pay attention to because this is basically a copy and paste of the updates that happened the Monday before Steve's reveal.
Literally 3 days into November and the evidence is pretty stacked that at least two of the next three weeks will likely have something big in it. I can dig it. The maintenance on the 16th heavily implies that something Smash is coming this month so even if Murphy's Law kicks in and we don't see anything the next two weeks, a new dark horse has entered the race and, surprisingly, the week of the 16th is now totally fair game too.
In other words, the next two weeks could ultimately give us both the reveal and potential release before December. Chances are the Mario 35th anniversary tournament/Challenge Cup will take place in the middle of the month/near the end of the year to give players time to potentially get used to FP8 should it turn out to be Geno

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Lol I don't even care if nothing comes of this. It's got me schmovin' anyway

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, with the additional maintenance periods scheduled for the 16th, there are some that will doubt we will get a release that week because of potential competition. However, we've had Smash DLC released on the same week as other titles before so don't give up on it just yet. We may yet see a reveal/release by the week of the 16th, if not before Thanksgiving for those in the US

D

Deleted member

I've had a pretty dog **** morning all things considered and the rest of the day ain't looking much better, so I sure hope Nintendo drops something juicy.

Joshdabozz

Smash Cadet
What have I missed? seems like theres some sort of Maintenance coming? That's pretty hype.

Why is it whenever people talk about smash speculation nowadays (not just this thread, Im talking in general on all sites) people automatically assume its going to be a third party most likely revealed. Anyways since it seems like we are pretty set on November 16th being a significant date, I would like to remind people of a leaker with 100% accurate information that we still need to keep tabs on, they usually leak things a week or so before they get revealed, and they do not always leak smash information, but they have before. Leaker in question is https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So since it’s theorized that the next character could be done already, maybe we could get a presentation this week and a release date on the 16? Or we could get a presentation on the 16th with the character releasing the same day? I think the ladder is more likely.
Basically what we're looking at is that the new maintenance hard implies one of two outcomes:

-8 is getting released the week of the 16th.

-8 is getting announced the week of the 16th.

Either way, it heavily implies 8 is coming this month. More food for thought: Steve and Byleth had 12 day gaps between their reveal and release. Apply this to the 19th and this makes 8 a December 1st release. The Mario Smash tournament is scheduled for an unknown date in December.

Dude, if Geno is released literally four days from my 33rd birthday after this ****-tastic year...

Joshdabozz

Smash Cadet
Basically what we're looking at is that the new maintenance hard implies one of two outcomes:

Either way, it heavily implies 8 is coming this month. More food for thought: Steve and Byleth had 12 day gaps between their reveal and release. Apply this to the 19th and this makes 8 a December 1st release. The Mario Smash tournament is scheduled for an unknown date in December.

Dude, if Geno is released literally four days from my 33rd birthday after this ****-tastic year...
I totally agree with the logic here

T2by4

Smash Lord

High doubts we're getting a revealed this soon man. It could be literally for anything else too.

Joshdabozz

Smash Cadet
High doubts we're getting a revealed this soon man. It could be literally for anything else too.
I do think Fatman may be hyping us up too much, but I do agree with him that something will be happening, it just lines up perfectly. It does not have to be smash at all. But since this is a smash speculation thread, what else do you expect.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a lot I could say here but here's one particular thing I want you to consider: if Smash was totally done for the year, why is there a major tournament in December? Keep in mind that the Splatoon 2 tournament is in January so there's literally no reason why it couldn't have been in December instead. This was also planned out more than three months in advance so there was definitely thought put into the placement of it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's a lot I could say here but here's one particular thing I want you to consider: if Smash was totally done for the year, why is there a major tournament in December? Keep in mind that the Splatoon 2 tournament is in January so there's literally no reason why it couldn't have been in December instead. This was also planned out more than three months in advance so there was definitely thought put into the placement of it.
Exactly. Plus, we need to keep our eyes on Nintendo's social media accounts to see when an announcement for FP8's reveal could potentially take place. Sometime this week or even the next and before the 16th.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Points aligning for a potential November announcement of some sort (likely to be Smash related; ergo, CP 8 reveal).
  • In previous years, Nintendo has held a noteworthy Direct within the month of November.
  • The last two years, Nintendo has had Smash-themed Directs/Presents in November (2018 being the last Smash Direct prior to the game's release, and 2019 being the Mr. Sakurai Presents Terry Bogard).
  • It was stated that the October Partner Showcase would be the last of its kind for the rest of the year, opening up the possibility of a Direct akin to the usual General Directs, or Direct Mini (or a game-specific-themed Direct).
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open October 2020 Tournament ended last Sunday, November 1st. Two other past Smash Tournaments of a similar format (NA Online Open, and VS Cup Challenge) this year saw the eventual reveal of Challenger Packs 6 and 7 not long after their conclusion (with the reveal gap being no more than five days after the tournament's conclusion).
  • A few days ago there were some minor, almost unnoticed changes in the Smash website, specifically on Steve/Alex's character banner on the Fighter's section; one day appearing with the tag "New Coming 10/3/2020", the next day only saying "New", and then going back to saying "New Coming 10/3/2020".
  • Nintendo's Six Months Earnings report will go live this coming Thursday, November 5th. After said reports have been published, notable game news have followed soon after.
  • Two additional maintenance subjects have been added to the scheduled November 16th maintenance.
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary-themed Tournament's exact date(s) is still to be announced for December.
  • Yesterday Nintendo uploaded the first of their Monthly Rewind videos for the year. Among the news were many noteworthy moments such as the Hyrule Warrios: Age of Calamity news, the Pikmin 3 Deluxe release, as well as the October Partner Showcase. November's Monthly Rewind will most likely go over notable announcements to be made within this month.
Those are some of things I could gather from what I've kept up with. Certainly there's more I think. 🤔

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
-Amiibo theory suggests an average 12 gap between character releases and Amiibo waves. The next Amiibo wave is November 20th, making November 5th the plausible date if you count backward and December 2nd if you count forward. Along with this, Byleth was released 12 days from their reveal, Min Min 7, and Steve also 12, making all the 2020 characters have the shortest gaps between their reveal and release by a considerable amount.
I think my only worry with this is how fresh steve still is with the announcement of not 2 but 3 amiibos that last time, which have the weirdest release window ever… makes me wonder if we are getting any new smash amiibos getting revealed any time soon again at this point 😕

-DOOM Eternal is still MIA. Zenimax said "soon" over a month a half ago now.
The thing is now we know there aren't gonna be more partners, so this is most likely just gonna be tweeted or marketed in some other way. Unless we get an "actual" general direct before this year ends, it's gotta be tweeted or something then.

-Skyward Sword and BotW 2 retail leaks were roughly about two months ago now.
I don't think this is telling of any specific time. All we know is that insiders in general such as Nate and others, agree that we would be seeing BOTW2 before the year ends. My guess is it will be at TGA, just like botw 1 had a trailer back in 2016. I feel like SS will be just part of what gets announced in February when the Zelda anniversary happens. I don't see Skyward sword being announced any time close Age of Calamity, that's why its best chance of being revealed is at the anniversary, in a similar type of direct like Mario's, or something.

-7/11 ad is strangely MIA.
Does anyone know if there's been ALWAYS one before each reveal since pass 1 started? specially curious if there was one before joker was announced at TGA of 2018… Because if that's the case I'm curious if this could be the easiest way to know if there is any reveal left in the rest of 2020. My predictions on fp8 reveal are either: TGA, or January like Byleth. I doubt November for smash reveal, unless it's like Terry with just a reveal cinematic, I dunno how far they are in development of fp8 with how much work steve alone took them and steve still kinda freshly released. So yeah I think either TGA or January for fp8. Really curious how they are gonna fit the rest of the pass in 2021 lol, maybe we are lucky and the rest of the characters don't require so much insane work and they are developed quicker…

-All but one of the non-Monday maintenances this year have correlated to a presentation that week.
Maintenances have been the most reliable leads (yet not 100% always leading to anything necessarily) this year. I remember thinking the direct archive website updates meant anything until I noticed they kept doing them on almost a daily basis for no damn reason lol, so I discarded that as meaning anything. But maintenances have been definitely interesting this year, or at least in this second half of the year. There are 2 freaking maintenances on the same day this month, November 16th… I guess that's the week we are all expecting something? 🤔 if there is something at all this month I just hope it's not one of those times they keep us waiting till the end of the freaking month, lol.

-Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and FF VII/VIII combo pack leaks are about a month and a half ago.
I'm honestly surprised the NGT hasn't been announced yet, specially after that heavy pressence KT had not so long ago a month or two ago. I'm starting to guess this will be tweeted if there is no direct this month. I think there was a rumor saying the trilogy would be in early 2021? I can't remember where I even read that lol.

-Nintendo has had a presentation in November of some kind the last 8 years.
Considering Hyrule Warriors had a direct before its launch, I think Age of Calamity will as well this time. They suddendly stopped giving teaser clips and new renders of characters anymore, I feel like we will be getting anf Age of Calamity direct before it launches on the 20th, telling us about game modes and all the stuff they haven't covered. It's insane how little we still know about this game to be honest lol, other than a few characters, divine beasts, and the demo… which btw… that datamine is juicy lol and it's still incomplete so I cannot wait to see how much we are actually getting in this game, but damn the stuff I saw are pretty interesting...

-Nintendo UK announced today that 35 days of Mario giveaways will start Monday November 16th.
Huh I guess that explains the double maintenance on that same day… still hoping we get something this month. We honestly have no idea about early 2021 in terms of first party games aside from the Mario game… and that's it? yeah… when is Nintendo pretending to tell us what we are. buying in early 2021 from their first party side? It's honestly getting too tight close now to keep delaying such announcements, unless the start of 2021 is super weak and empty, which I pray it's not the case… Obviously there will be zelda stuff announced in february at the anniversary, but yeah… there are a lot of nintendo second party partners that haven't revealed their games yet, such as camelot. Games that have been already in development for 2+ years… 🤔

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
Alright, let's do some theorycrafting.

Byleth: 12 days between Sakurai Presents and release
Min Min: 7 days between Sakurai Presents and release
Steve: 10 days between Sakurai Presents and release

There is maintenance on the 16th, which could mean that CP8 is getting released on that day. The average gap between a Sakurai Presents and release for this year is 10 days, so we could expect a Sakurai Presents around the 6th. This would almost directly parallel how Steve was revealed.

*On September 30th- the first Wednesday after September's NintendoVS Challenge Cup- the announcement of the video that would reveal Steve (what a mouthful lol) was tweeted. The next day, Steve was officially revealed and the Sakurai Presents took place two days later.

*Tomorrow, the 4th, will be the first Wednesday after the Smash North American Online Open, so we could expect a tweet about the announcement of the video that would reveal our next character. On the 5th, we would have the formal reveal of CP8 and have the Sakurai Presents maybe one or two days after.

Just food for thought.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think my only worry with this is how fresh steve still is with the announcement of not 2 but 3 amiibos that last time, which have the weirdest release window ever… makes me wonder if we are getting any new smash amiibos getting revealed any time soon again at this point 😕

The thing is now we know there aren't gonna be more partners, so this is most likely just gonna be tweeted or marketed in some other way. Unless we get an "actual" general direct before this year ends, it's gotta be tweeted or something then.

I don't think this is telling of any specific time. All we know is that insiders in general such as Nate and others, agree that we would be seeing BOTW2 before the year ends. My guess is it will be at TGA, just like botw 1 had a trailer back in 2016. I feel like SS will be just part of what gets announced in February when the Zelda anniversary happens. I don't see Skyward sword being announced any time close Age of Calamity, that's why its best chance of being revealed is at the anniversary, in a similar type of direct like Mario's, or something.

Does anyone know if there's been ALWAYS one before each reveal since pass 1 started? specially curious if there was one before joker was announced at TGA of 2018… Because if that's the case I'm curious if this could be the easiest way to know if there is any reveal left in the rest of 2020. My predictions on fp8 reveal are either: TGA, or January like Byleth. I doubt November for smash reveal, unless it's like Terry with just a reveal cinematic, I dunno how far they are in development of fp8 with how much work steve alone took them and steve still kinda freshly released. So yeah I think either TGA or January for fp8. Really curious how they are gonna fit the rest of the pass in 2021 lol, maybe we are lucky and the rest of the characters don't require so much insane work and they are developed quicker…

Maintenances have been the most reliable leads (yet not 100% always leading to anything necessarily) this year. I remember thinking the direct archive website updates meant anything until I noticed they kept doing them on almost a daily basis for no damn reason lol, so I discarded that as meaning anything. But maintenances have been definitely interesting this year, or at least in this second half of the year. There are 2 freaking maintenances on the same day this month, November 16th… I guess that's the week we are all expecting something? 🤔 if there is something at all this month I just hope it's not one of those times they keep us waiting till the end of the freaking month, lol.

I'm honestly surprised the NGT hasn't been announced yet, specially after that heavy pressence KT had not so long ago a month or two ago. I'm starting to guess this will be tweeted if there is no direct this month. I think there was a rumor saying the trilogy would be in early 2021? I can't remember where I even read that lol.

Considering Hyrule Warriors had a direct before its launch, I think Age of Calamity will as well this time. They suddendly stopped giving teaser clips and new renders of characters anymore, I feel like we will be getting anf Age of Calamity direct before it launches on the 20th, telling us about game modes and all the stuff they haven't covered. It's insane how little we still know about this game to be honest lol, other than a few characters, divine beasts, and the demo… which btw… that datamine is juicy lol and it's still incomplete so I cannot wait to see how much we are actually getting in this game, but damn the stuff I saw are pretty interesting...

Huh I guess that explains the double maintenance on that same day… still hoping we get something this month. We honestly have no idea about early 2021 in terms of first party games aside from the Mario game… and that's it? yeah… when is Nintendo pretending to tell us what we are. buying in early 2021 from their first party side? It's honestly getting too tight close now to keep delaying such announcements, unless the start of 2021 is super weak and empty, which I pray it's not the case… Obviously there will be zelda stuff announced in february at the anniversary, but yeah… there are a lot of nintendo second party partners that haven't revealed their games yet, such as camelot. Games that have been already in development for 2+ years… 🤔
Plus the fact the upcoming maintenance periods as pointed out here are a copy/paste of what preceded the reveal for Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom