• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So Amiibo theory would suggest we won't get the next character until 2021, but they're releasing three in the next wave, so they are outpacing the character releases. So isn't it possible we could still get another character release after Steve this year to catch up a bit to the Amiibos?
Maybe? I've been considering that for awhile and the fact they only said "2021" instead of something like Winter has me thinking. Amiibo generally tend to release in waves regardless of series these days. The next confirmed dates for new amiibo is February 13th with Cat Mario and Cat Peach, so until we know otherwise I'm assuming that's when we get Banjo and the rest. Are we really waiting until the 2nd half of January at the earliest for a 8 release? We'll just have to wait and see for now.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Okay so the positives to take from this is they Geno didn’t get revealed which makes him more likely to be playable.

the negative of the mii costumes being shown is that it’s made the caccomallow leak being real less likely now.

Firox

Smash Master
It makes ZERO sense from a game dev pipeline standpoint to model these costumes out more than a year and a half before their release when stuff sitting around is more prone to be leaked or retooled because of new glitches.
How does it make zero sense? It makes PERFECT sense. Mii costumes are the fastest and easiest to make, thus Sakurai could have relegated their development to the more newbie members of his team. Why would he care about them being leaked? Nintendo's new methods of development have made things absolutely airtight, hence why we haven't had a reliable leak since Banjo (not counting Terry since that was a clerical screw-up on Nintendo's part). From Byleth onward, the leakers have gotten NOTHING. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The only reason we even know about Cacomallow (assuming it's real) is because the leak came BEFORE the shutdown.

Regardless, neither of us is on the dev team so who are we claim knowledge of their intentions? Also consider how many pre-existing costumes have been held or are being held up to this point. By your logic, they would have blown all the pre-existing ones with the first pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Right, but returning all of the Namco costumes no longer depends on getting a Challenger pack for it since Gil got shoved inbetween the “Craft Costumes and Travis.
It might not matter, but it would definitely softly deconfirm a Namco if it's not happening. I wouldn't bank on a Namco rep not happening if Lloyd's costume returns in a non Namco pack though. It still could happen.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Interesting takes from this presentation.
  • At one point in the presentation, Sakurai referenced the Geomancer class from early Final Fantasy games. For reference, here's more or less how they look like. Does their clothes look familiar? :denzel:
  • The Bomberman Mii Costume imo, is the premium Mii Costume of this wave due to how IDENTICAL it looks to a) the real deal, and b) the Assist Trophy. Also, the fact that you can change its color based on your Mii's current color is pretty cool. However, this Mii Costume in particular felt odd. Hmm... could be a good idea to keep an eye out for this one. Then again, this quality of Mii Costume is pretty good.
  • Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth Amiibo's slated for a 2021 release does seem to point to CP 8 being revealed around January 2021 (or March the latest).
  • With no Cacodemon Mii Hat anywhere to be seen, the legitimacy of the CacoMallow leak remains an enigma. However, the question remains in regards to Vault Boy's Mii Costume inclusion in the previous wave; was he added as Microsoft content, or Bethesda? Fortunately, this is good news for the Doom Slayer since this could mean that the Cacodemon Mii Hat has been saved for a Mii Costume wave that would release alongside him. Only time will tell.
Not gonna lie though; the reference to the Geomancer class (specifically, and rightfully so) does make me think that CP 8 might be our boy Geno.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Wow that was amazing! Steve is practically a god! I was right about the Creeper Costume (Which I was worried about who that could be at first) but I didn’t type down the Diamond Armor I thought of earlier and I thought It would be a hilarious idea last night for them to have a Pig Costume which oddly happened! Also the Gil Costume returns, Travis Touchdown was a costume, and I’m so excited for the Bomberman Costume! Now I can play as him, that’s gonna be fun!

I noticed no Cacodemon Outfit, not sure what this could mean now? But I’m really excited! Also the new Amiibo‘s, especially Banjo and Kazooie’s look beautiful! I noticed they didn’t put any Minecraft Story Mode Music though? I was really hoping when Steve got announced that he would come with that awesome Wither Storm Theme, but overall I’m excited!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Good god...

-No true Microsoft or RARE costumes.

-No Master Chief costume.

-Lloyd and the Monster Hunter costumes are still MIA.

-Yet another popular assist trophy has been made into a Mii costume.

-Was told last December to not expect Travis as playable. This wound up correct. They also said not to expect Ryu either so we'll see how that plays out.

-More evidence that games don't get multiple Mii costumes unless they have a playable character.

I don't know about you guys but ironically Steve has brought some of the best news in our corner in like a solid year.

unspeakable-evil-intensifies-mood-16259543.png

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I mean amiibo theory could potentially be indicated by the Cat Mario and Peach amiibos if you think about it? All variations of a character when scanned in from an amiibo summon the character they were based on. Gold and Wedding Mario summon regular Mario for instance. And obviously amiibos of certain characters also summon those characters. Ironically enough Cat Peach is a spirit (while Cat Mario isn't) so maybe that could mean something? I guess the Links Awakening Amiibo may not have worked with his spirit but old exactly or it just may be that it fits only with Smash amiibos (or that may be coincidental since Smash is pretty much the only game still getting amiibos so again idk)

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Travis was originally gonna be a fighter but was cut and just gave him a Mii Costume. Also, why did Suda say "no comment" that's a bit odd to say for a Mii Costume would it?

Heoj

Smash Ace
Whats this about a geomancer class from final fantasy being mentioned by sakurai?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Thoughts:
-For as much as I don’t care about Minecraft Steve looks like the most interesting dlc character thus far in terms of gameplay and in general is pretty fun/funny. I also am liking the music or at least that one track they keep on playing.

-Tbh Travis never really seemed like a hugely likely fighter to me as much as I love NMH. Sucks for him to be deconfirmed though.

- Geno lives. Cacomallow lives. To anyone saying Cacomallow is unlikely to be real because it’s been so long from when it leaked I tap a metaphorical picture of Steve’s reveal.

-Bomberman looks amazing

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I have never played Minecraft but Sakurai is a God. I need that Banjo amiibo. Bomberman looks amazing. The amount of work the did with Minecraft is unbelievable. Looking forward for a Capcom rep that brings Rathalos and Hunter costumes (probably Dante); and a Square rep bringing Chocobo costume (this is Geno fighter).

Steve is DLC #7, fighter #77 with 7 songs. That reminds me of something hahaha :(

Im 100% sure Geno still very high and he will be playable, so clear for me. I hope as fighter 8 or 9, to have him “soon” rather than 11. Also Crash is a 100% for me due to how iconic the game is. This is perfection and Geno will bring so much happiness.

Does Bomberman was deluxe costume or normal one just looking good like Skull Kid?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since the next Amiibo wave won't be coming out until 2021, I won't expect to see FP8 being announced or released until than. I told y'all we would be waiting until January or February.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I feel like Travis was originally gonna be a fighter but was cut and just gave him a Mii Costume. Also, why did Suda say "no comment" that's a bit odd to say for a Mii Costume would it?
It would be likely because he can‘t mention any kind of content coming to Smash Bros. That would include anything such as Spirits, Mii Costume or playable character.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I have never played Minecraft but Sakurai is a God. I need that Banjo amiibo. Bomberman looks amazing. The amount of work the did with Minecraft is unbelievable. Looking forward for a Capcom rep that brings Rathalos and Hunter costumes (probably Dante); and a Square rep bringing Chocobo costume (this is Geno fighter).

Steve is DLC #7, fighter #77 with 7 songs. That reminds me of something hahaha :(

Im 100% sure Geno still very high and he will be playable, so clear for me. I hope as fighter 8 or 9, to have him “soon” rather than 11. Also Crash is a 100% for me due to how iconic the game is. This is perfection and Geno will bring so much happiness.

Does Bomberman was deluxe costume or normal one just looking good like Skull Kid?
Bomberman doesn’t come with a music track, if that’s what you mean.

Good god...

-No true Microsoft or RARE costumes.

-No Master Chief costume.

-Lloyd and the Monster Hunter costumes are still MIA.

-Yet another popular assist trophy has been made into a Mii costume.

-Was told last December to not expect Travis as playable. This wound up correct. They also said not to expect Ryu either so we'll see how that plays out.

-More evidence that games don't get multiple Mii costumes unless they have a playable character.

I don't know about you guys but ironically Steve has brought some of the best news in our corner in like a solid year.

View attachment 288121
What do you make of Gil being Mii’d? Sounds like the theory of Lloyd’s Mii costume is now 50/50 whether he remains standing because he’s playable or whether he’ll simply be Mii’d in the next few waves. Since he’s the last Namco Mii standing, playable Lloyd isn’t the gateway to the rest of the Namco costumes coming back like he once was.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet

He was a normal costume! He’s just that good looking!

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Maybe? I've been considering that for awhile and the fact they only said "2021" instead of something like Winter has me thinking. Amiibo generally tend to release in waves regardless of series these days. The next confirmed dates for new amiibo is February 13th with Cat Mario and Cat Peach, so until we know otherwise I'm assuming that's when we get Banjo and the rest. Are we really waiting until the 2nd half of January at the earliest for a 8 release? We'll just have to wait and see for now.
Well in any case, even if we have to wait until next year, if they are still aiming on meeting the December 2021 deadline, the character reveal/release pace will be sped up next year so that’s good. I doubt any other character will be as complicated to program as Steve was so they shouldn’t have too much trouble releasing 4 characters next year. Hoping we will see a trailer at the TGA’s though, even if the actual release isn’t for a month or two after that.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Right off the bat, I noticed the E-E10+ rating. That means no M rated character Mii outfits, including Cacodemon. :/
Except No More Heroes is an M-rated franchise. It seems like even if there is no M-rating shown, that probably means the logo for the franchise isn't used. So if we get a Cacodemon hat, it will say "Cacodemon" and not "DOOM".

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
Whats this about a geomancer class from final fantasy being mentioned by sakurai?
Sakurai was explaining how the player would need to form combat approaches with Steve based on where they were standing as materials gathered could change, much like how the Geomancer's abilities change based on the terrain they are on. Grass = wind/earth attack while rock means fire/earth, etc.

Comparing Geno to the Geomancer based on looks though is ehhhhh. In Tactics it kind of looked like a Nordic Barbarian, in XI it looked like an Asian Samurai/Mystic, and in V it looked like a pajama party sleepover. Don't think there is any connection there. Only thing to take away from the comments is that Sakurai likes FFV and Tactics.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What do you make of Gil being Mii’d? Sounds like the theory of Lloyd’s Mii costume is now 50/50 whether he remains standing because he’s playable or whether he’ll simply be Mii’d in the next few waves. Since he’s the last Namco Mii standing, playable Lloyd isn’t the gateway to the rest of the Namco costumes coming back like he once was.
I talked about it the other day but I predicted Gil and Lloyd wouldn't come together because they didn't come together in Smash 4. Heihachi was in wave 2, Lloyd wave 3, and Gil wave 6. The fact that Lloyd is now the only surviving Namco Mii costume after a year and a half of deconfirmations is super significant in my opinion.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Also, I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. When they revealed Travis's Mii Outfit returning, the screen was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X TRAVIS" instead of "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X No More Heroes".

Smash X Travis.PNG

M theory lives on, and I am really thinking this may mean something here.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
At 12:35 in the presentation, Sakurai compared Steve's crafting strategy being dependent on the terrain of the stage to the geomancer class from Final Fantasy. It could have been an off-hand reference.
Sakurai was explaining how the player would need to form combat approaches with Steve based on where they were standing as materials gathered could change, much like how the Geomancer's abilities change based on the terrain they are on. Grass = wind/earth attack while rock means fire/earth, etc.

Comparing Geno to the Geomancer based on looks though is ehhhhh. In Tactics it kind of looked like a Nordic Barbarian, in XI it looked like an Asian Samurai/Mystic, and in V it looked like a pajama party sleepover. Don't think there is any connection there. Only thing to take away from the comments is that Sakurai likes FFV and Tactics.
Was literally about to post something like this. It could have just been an off-hand reference, like mentioning Vegeta's VA in the Min Min presentation. But I've got a feeling that since Sakurai has Final Fantasy on the mind, something Square-related is coming later in the pass.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
When Sakurai's explaining the Mine special move, he references the Geomancer class since said special move depends on the surface in which you gather resources (different surface, different minerals). Geomancer's cast different weather attacks depending on where they're fighting (forest, mountain, etc.).
https://youtu.be/_Sp5o1JJdDk?t=748

EDIT: Ninja'd^2

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I don't see Geno being the last character. Ultimate has always had the lame characters to end off. Like Incineroar and Byleth. But hey maybe. This game definitely needs to end on a high note.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. When they revealed Travis's Mii Outfit returning, the screen was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X TRAVIS" instead of "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X No More Heroes".

View attachment 288126

M theory lives on, and I am really thinking this may mean something here.
What is M theory?

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I fully support Geno why well we got Mario RPG Sequel Rumor and Mario RPG Copyright Musics I think 2 I guess? And he's easy pick among the Square Enix Reps they not doing nothing with Mario RPG Series . Even know I want Sora over Geno but in reality I see Sora being really difficult negotiate with Disney after their incident with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite sales.

Dan

Smash Lord
It's kinda scary how good Geno fits the Deluxe Mii body type but I could live with it. In an ideal world he would get a Mallow Brawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom