• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I see people on Twitter say he’s going to be shown as a Mii costume in this presentation. I guess we’ll find out in a bit.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
They will start shortening the gap between reveal and release with each character. Byleth was about two weeks, Min Min was one week, Steve will be three days, 8 will be 1 day, 9 will be a few hours, 10 will release the second they are revealed and 11 will be released 2 weeks before they are revealed.

Heoj

Smash Ace
For mii costumes heres what im predictiong:

Minecraft mii 1
Minecraft mii 2
Arle
Monster hunter
Rathalos armor
Premium mii, probably indie

Hopefully we dont see geno, even if its unlikely.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So from this we can determine that the mechanics of Steve were as much a strain on development of Smash DLC as a global pandemic. This ridiculousness is why we haven't gotten any news for the majority of the year

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
so from this we can determine that the mechanics of Steve were as much a strain on development for Smash DLC as a global pandemic
Not really. COVID will be around for awhile and continue to be a burden on humanity. A video game character's development doesn't even compare.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Not really. COVID will be around for awhile and continue to be a burden on humanity. A video game character's development doesn't even compare.
All things equal coronavirus was always going to be there, a character that required them to edit every single stage in the game and develop a complicated inventory/resource management system is objectively going to take more development time than one that doesn't

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All things equal coronavirus was always going to be there, a character that required them to edit every single stage in the game is objectively going to take more development time than one that didn't
All I was saying is that COVID is a bigger burden to humanity than Steve's development was to the Smash team.

Edit: Welp, pack your bags bois and gurls it's over! Kirby is, was, always, and forever will be the Square rep. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Wow, guys. It's official. Steve is the ABSOLUTE GOD of edgeguarding. Fortunately his onstage game seems a little lack luster to compensate. Also it looks like Gil and Travis Touchdown are officially dead. Man, crazy stuff. Still nothing for Cacomallow so I guess we're back to square one. No harm, no foul.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I was kind of scared when Sakurai namedropped Final Fantasy. Anyway seems Amiibo Theory suggests 2021. Even if it means anything we probably aren't getting the next character this year anyway so that's not surprising

T2by4

Smash Lord
Fellas. How many Sm4sh mii costumes are missing left? I recognized Gil being one of them. How many are left?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
GENO FANS, WE HAVE SURVIVED, TRAVIS IS DECONFIRMED
That's one more point for us. That's another step closer to Geno. That's one dollar even. (Yes, you have to pay, lol)

But still, Steve looks fun, if complex and a bit overpowered. Who's gonna use him?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The fact that Travis is out of the running with this wave shows me that they aren't afraid of shooting down beloved entities with Mii costumes, so it does make me eye Geno as a costume more than before, but Bomberman's REALLY nice costume makes me hope that, should Geno's come back, it'll get better treatment than in 4.

I never post here anymore and I've distanced from Smash, but I can't not express my sympathies for Travis and his fans. They did NOT deserve this.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think Gil returning is a pretty big hit against Namco as Lloyd is the only costume left and certainly wouldn't release with himself. Still weird he is MIA but since Gil and Heihachi have returned in different updates I'm thinking that will be the same for Lloyd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom