• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Just watch them show off a Cacodemon hat but it has a different model so we're just left scratching our heads wondering if the leak was fake or if at some point in development they just changed the way it looks.
I feel like if the Cacodemon Costume does show up, but different, then one reason could suggest is that they’re aware of the leak that happened almost a year ago and so they changed the design a bit to not make people seem that the leak was real.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
The key words are "too much", I don't really think the outrage was anywhere as big enough that Nintendo immediately thought that they should put in Waluigi in Pass 2/bonus all of a sudden. I think they notice the demand for a majority of the characters in pass 1, but that doesn't mean that they're going to get in; at least right now.

Currently Waluigi AND Geno both suffer from being rivals to each other, yeah they're from different genres but ultimately, they are BOTH Mario characters. I don't think Nintendo's going to put them both in the same pass for that reason, even if they both have fan demand; especially since there are a multitude of other 1st party characters suffering from that same issue but from completely different series. I could see one of Geno/Waluigi in this pass, and then the other in a potential future pass; but not together. And currently I lean more towards Geno getting in right now compared to Waluigi.

The thing with Waluigi is that he has a mii costume that references him heavily AND an AT. Those are some steep hurdles to overcome. But who knows maybe he will overcome them. If we really aren't getting a mii costume upgrade like Fatman suggests, I don't really think we're getting Waluigi or Dixie (along with Rex). Really the only difference is that Rex has a full set, but if mii costumes deconfirm; then all mii costumes should deconfirm. As we haven't had any upgrade in the exact same game yet, maybe those characters will get in next time.
Okay listen, I know this is a Geno thread, and we're only discussing Waluigi because he might tie into Geno being the next Mario rep fighter.

But you don't have to outright lie to downplay him.
The outcry for his absence was big, probably the biggest in Smash history.
Even huge corporations and major news outlets like the Washington post wrote a full-on article on their website after he was deconfirmed for Ultimate.

Was it because of the memes ? Yes and no.
"Waluigi for Smash" isn't a meme, but Waluigi himself is memeable.
And I don't think memes is something to scoff at or dismiss when we've managed to get Ridley, Sans, and Steve because of said memes.

We've gone through hell and back on how ATs can be disabled on certain stages. It's not farfetched to imagine that Nintendo would make use of this to promote a popular AT.
And btw, Waluigi doesn't have a mii costume, it's just a hat that was ported from the 3DS' Miitopia (or whatever it's called).

There's nothing stopping Waluigi right now from being the next DLC fighter.
He was never as important as the core Mario roster, but as the years went by he became a staple of the Mario series, mainly the Spin-offs.
Nintendo didn't pick Waluigi for past Smash games because he was low on their priority list.

Even though the outcry was big and Nintendo themselves spoke on the matter multiple times prior to Ultimate's release, there was a plan to create more characters through Fighters Pass 1. If Waluigi were to be picked, it would be for the next season pass, which is Fighters Pass 2, not 3 or the next Smash game.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I wonder if Doom Guy still has a chance as an actual character tbh. He can still come with geno, technically. And with old rumors back on the table, it's worth considering
I really hope so.

I want the "Doomguy is friends with Isabelle and Geno" meme to become an actual official thing.

QQS

Smash Lord
“Ultimate Battle: HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER EDITION”

These fighters were so tired of not being invited to Smash that they started their own battle, training with Goku and Vegeta to show the world which one deserves to get the invitation from Sakurai.

0282DAFF-E413-40E7-9795-4710560D1609.jpeg

Photo created by QQS. Please credits to all artists and content creator I used in the .png images.

Best wishes from Chile!

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Waluigi and Geno are the last two Mario reps we will ever need. Waluigi can represent the Mario spinoff games and Geno can represent the RPGs. It's perfect!
After those two we will still need Toad. Toad is literally the biggest Nintendo character missing from the roster.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow! Who I feel could be the Mii Costumes for this wave are:

Creeper Outfit
Ender Dragon Outfit
Joanna Dark
Conker Outfit (That would be so cool!)
Maybe a Blast Corps Outfit (Not sure, but I would love it!)
Cacodemon Outfit! (If it appears in any way! I would be shocked!)

Nicnac

Smash Ace
After what happened with Heihachi’s Mii Costume, I’m never going to feel safe going into Mii Costume reveals until Geno’s trailer drops.
Agreed. Heihachi deserved better than to get capped in Min-Min's presentation when he dodged the Terry presentation. Sad stuff, but at least Squenix seems to want to keep its stuff separate, so a Geno Mii is really unlikely imo

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Mii costume predictions:

-Joanna Dark
-Both MonHun sets
-Cacodemon
-Creeper Hat
-Mincecraft Skeleton

I can see Chief or Cadence popping up too.

Something like that

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I think if Gil is coming, Lloyd is also coming. I don't know if it is as a Mii Costume or full character, but I think they'll come as a set. Just like the two Monster Hunter things will come together and Geno and Chocobo.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Actual, worse case scenario: they reveal Mallow's costume and nothing for Geno, only to have the next FP character later on NOT be Geno and THEN his costume comes back. That would horribly sting and feel like Nintendo was being expectionally cruel and petty.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ladies and gents, good day to all. Prior to the Steve showcase coming up in a few minutes, I thought of looking into some details pertaining Mii Costumes. The assumption of the possibility of the Cacodemon Mii Hat appearing in the next upcoming wave of Mii Costumes is based on the thought that Bethesda/Id Software IPs are now property of Microsoft. Thus Steve being also a Microsoft IP, we could expect the Cacodemon Mii Hat appearing. However, that has been the assumption thus far but, to make sure if said outcome could actually happen, let's go back to the last Mii Costume wave that was announced alongside Min Min. In said wave, we got the Vault Boy Mii Costume (a character from the Fallout series, owned by Bethesda). I went back to look at the "Mr. Sakurai Presents Min Min" video and at the end (when they show all the Companies involved in Smash), Bethesda was nowhere to be seen; only Microsoft. Had Vault Boy's Mii Costume been identified with Bethesda, one would think that the Company's name would appear among the other collaborating partners. The fact that only Microsoft appears leads me to think that perhaps Vault Boy's Mii Costume came as Microsoft content.

It is natural to question "but how" when the ZeniMax acquisition by Microsoft was made public last month. In addition to that, the deal of the acquisition is to close (complete) by the second half of fiscal year 2021, according to Microsoft.
https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/...ia-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/
Then again, the revelation that Steve's inclusion in Smash had been in discussion since around 2015, and the fact that Steve is now actually in the game, does make one wonder if the ZeniMax acquisition had been in the works for quite some time as well. Obviously they had been planning the acquisition prior to the September public announcement, but how far back? Vault Boy's Mii Costume could serve as a clue in estimating how far back this acquisition was planned (or perhaps what assets had already been transferred first).

That being said, today's Mii Costume Wave could prove vital in getting a grasp on what to expect as soon as CP 8, the legitimacy of the CacoMallow leak, the Doom Slayer, Geno, the missing Mii Costumes from Smash 4, and other wanted characters.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
The main thing I’m concerned about with the Cacodemon hat coming in this presentation is that if it happens we’re going to be dealing with people for months who are gonna keep saying Geno’s only coming back as a costume.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'll leave you all with a "tinfoil hat theory" of mine before this presentation.

As we established yesterday, leaks can take a LONG time until they come in to fruition. Minecraft content has been rumored for literally ages, and we just finally got that content with Steve in the game. As such, CacoMallow could still possibly be real, even though that leak was almost a year ago. Now, I am sure most of you heard the quite unexpecting news that Microsoft is buying out Bethesda, which means that IP's like Fallout, Skyrim and DOOM are now Microsoft IPs.

So, what's the theory you may ask.

My theory is that when Nintendo was approaching Bethesda for Mii Outfits to be put in the game, Sakurai was able to find out that Microsoft planned to buy Bethesda before it was known to the public, and as such they plan on releasing the Cacodemon hat as a Microsoft Mii Outfit to coincide with Steve's wave. This may be reaching, but I really could see this happening if, to quote Malo Mart Malo Mart , CacoMallow is real. It would fit together perfectly and I could see this as a possibility and I think it could even explain why Vault Boy and this Cacodemon hat were added to the game separately and not all at once. Either way, today should be exciting and if we do get a Cacodemon hat shown off today, especially the one that looks from the leak, then I am pretty sure that essentially confirms our boi. :D

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Here's the stream link, everyone!

Am I reading it wrong, or is it just saying he'll mention the release date in the stream proper? I do suppose it could be today though, that has happened before.
No, you've got that right, it says he's revealing the release date today, not that he is releasing it today.

The main thing I’m concerned about with the Cacodemon hat coming in this presentation is that if it happens we’re going to be dealing with people for months who are gonna keep saying Geno’s only coming back as a costume.
What else is new? But honestly, I think the Cacodemon hat coming potentially being revealed today can only mean good things for us. If we're 100% confirmed to be getting a Mallow hat some time down the line, it would be very weird for it to be added alongside Geno's mii costume returning. I mean, what would be the point, y'know?

Stopping in to wish you guys luck that Geno survives the massacre.
Ehh, I wouldn't worry too much. Historically, SquareEnix Mii costumes have only come alongside the release of SquareEnix characters, so I don't think it'll come back today.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
can someone tell me all the reasons why geno wont be shown in the mii costume reveals today because i need reassurance in these trying times

D

Deleted member

We've already been doing that with the DeLuXe MiI CoStUmE crowd.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
can someone tell me all the reasons why geno wont be shown in the mii costume reveals today because i need reassurance in these trying times
Square Enix costumes so far haven't appeared with anyone other than Square Enix characters. If Geno's coming back as a costume, then he's not showing up here with Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom