• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I saw this coming a mile away, but here it is

Yeah this was bound to happen unfortunately.
At least I'm happy that Suda made a statement about this instead of being completely silent and leaving us in the dark for this pandemic like a certain other company. cough Nintendo cough

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
Here's my worse case scenario for the fighter pass:

77: Jonesy - For one jonesy is a really boring character imo. Secondly, I feel the only reason that Fortnite get spoken about for smash is because it's currently really popular. In few years time, I reckon Fortnite will probably just be replaced by some new popular game. Thirdly, I just don't think Fortnite is that impressive of a game compared to some of the other big third party game franchises we've gotten such as sonic, persona or banjo-kazooie.

78: Freddy Fazbear - So many better indie reps out there to choose from. I also kinda feel it got a lot of its popularity from Youtube and stuff as opposed to being a genuinely amazing indie game like Hollow knight or Undertale.

79: Ryza - Was kinda hesitant putting this one on considering I had no idea who they were until a few months ago, but here we go anyway. Ryza and Atelier just seem really boring. Like I watched some gameplay of the games after that fake leak and it all just seemed so lackluster. Might be being unfair considering I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen I would be glad to take most other characters over this one.

80: FE Rep* - Honestly I don't mind the amount of fire emblem characters in smash. Neither Byleth nor Corrin disappointed me, and heck I even main Corrin now. My only gripe with another fire emblem character would be if they are too similar to Marth/Roy. We have enough Fire Emblem characters who play with that similar moveset and I feel it would be a real bummer getting another.

81: Saber - The origin of the franchise is a bit off for me. Design is pretty cool though.

Also, if someone thinks Sora, Master Chief or Waluigi is a worst outcome and you disagree with that, there's really nothing you can do about it. It's a personal opinion, telling them that they're wrong/made a mistake for thinking that just doesn't seem right. Heck, a character could bring happiness to 99.9% of the smash community and it would still be unfair to tell someone that their opinion is invalid for not wanting that character. (Note: I'm trying to defend people having their own individual opinions as opposed to those who try to impose their opinion on others (like detractors))

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think my worst case scenario for the fighters pass would be Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Doom Guy, Steve, and Crash Bandicoot. Only because they’re the ones that people talk about the most about being rumored to be in and it would be sort of anticlimactic if essentially bandwagon’d characters were right all along.

I legitimately like some of those characters, so it’s not out of disliking them and in reality I do want some of them, I just think it’d be too funny to pass up if absolutely none of them actually made it after so many were “locks” during early speculation.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hot girl Tiffany who has leaked multiple things in the past correctly ran a poll asking people when the next fighter reveal would happen and it appears someone got it right as she has liked their tweet
Regardless of whether or not HGV is legit, an announcement on Friday followed by the reveal itself on Monday seems like a safe bet, especially since there's maintenance happening on Monday. Plus, if nothing else, we won't have to wait long to see if this outcome is true or not.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Regardless of whether or not HGV is legit, an announcement on Friday followed by the reveal itself on Monday seems like a safe bet, especially since there's maintenance happening on Monday. Plus, if nothing else, we won't have to wait long to see if this outcome is true or not.
It was also how Min Min was revealed - Sakurai Presents announcement on Friday, Sakurai Presents itself on Monday - so not a stretch to see them follow the same outline and do it again.

Only question then is whether it's simply a Sakurai Presents for FP7 and nothing else, or if "presentation" implies something a little more like a Smash-centric mini that would feature multiple character reveals. There's no reason Sakurai can't reveal 8 (or a bonus fighter) in the Sakurai Presents for 7, but that hasn't been done before now so it's not liable to predict it when we don't have evidence of that particular rule being broken yet.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I’ve been kind of hoping some sort of Smash Mini Direct might happen along with FP7 Sakurai Presents. Just a short segment or something detailing plans and things for the next few months and announcing any delays or troubles they’re experiencing. Maybe FP8 or FP9 plans.
Unlike the recent shadow dropped games, the Fighter’s Pass is something that a decent amount of people have already purchased for non-trivial amounts of money, so I could see where keeping consumers in the loop would be a good idea. Doesn’t really matter to me ultimately, when it comes it comes, but the lack of news and updates on progress is the worst part of it for sure.

Griselda

Smash Lord
On the topic of additional fighters besides the current pass - it's not that I think Sakurai was just lying when he said that these were the last ones, period, it's just like the way I wasn't lying the other day when I said I'd go to bed and then ended up awake for another few hours. It was my plan to go to bed, and then circumstances changed. We could end up with no extra fighters like Sakurai said, not even echoes, but we could also end up with something different than his original plan because circumstances changed. And I feel that focusing on his specific wording in that he said 'these are the last ones' instead of 'these are the last ones I have planned' is thinking about it too hard.

He also said that they were ahead of schedule, despite the fact that from our end you wouldn't think that at all. So unless someone accidentally deleted all of their work right after he said that, I don't have any reason to believe that they are behind in regards to characters. And this isn't really some solid, set in stone thing where Sakurai can't change his mind about anything. If he decided to make even just one more character because he found that he'd have more time/resources than he thought he would, then he would just clear it with the higher-ups and they would find a way to market it to the public separately from this pass, or even just say outright 'we've decided to add another character to this pass'.

Small Battlefield has already proven that we don't know everything that's coming just based on the initial statement - yeah, he didn't specifically say 'no extra stages', but that's definitely reaching a bit to justify it. It's still additional content that we weren't told about when the pass was announced, but we got it anyway.

The point is, we could get no extra fighters at all, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't say 'we might'. Some people went into that last base reveal expecting a ton of new characters, and I went into it expecting at least something different than what we ended up getting, but we only got Ken/Incineroar. Nothing really happened besides people getting disappointed, and at that point it's just starting to look more like 'hype responsibly' again to tell people to not entertain the thought that things might've changed regarding Sakurai's plans. Not even just Sakurai - Nintendo could just order another pass outright, and they'd have to make it. Even if Sakurai refused, they could just appoint someone else as the project lead.

QQS

Smash Lord
The only problem I see if they announce Bonus Fighters during the FP2 timelapse, is that numbers are already decided.

DLC 6 = 76
DLC 7 = 77
DLC 8 = 78
DLC 9 = 79
DLC 10 = 80
DLC 11 = 81

So if they, for example, announce character #77 and then a Bonus on the same trailer, what fighter would he/she be? that bonus won’t be character 78 cause that spot is taken with DLC #8. So for example following the Bonus ideas during the FP2 era, I see Geno as #77 and the Bonus as #82. Get it?

But I don’t think that’s is happening. If they announce BonusFighters during the FP2 era, they could be just Echoes with already represented numbers IMO. For example, Geno as #77 and Dixie Kong as ε36.

That on the Bonus Ideas. Though I just need Geno playable which is already happening and I’m done forever with Smash, speculation and satisfied 100% with my 2 most wanted Third Parties ever: Mega Man and Geno. (Skull Kid also but I can live with that...)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I really don'y have a worst case scenario for how this Fighters Pass would go, even if Geno doesn't make it I'm immensely satisfied with Ultimate as of now and have no qualms with essentially anyone.

I posted this somewhere else a few months back and got gaslit, with such comments like "man no one cares that you're taking the moral high ground!" Even though I never once implied what they thought was a worst case scenario was invalid (which also goes for here). Can't help but look back and laugh at the memory.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
On the topic of additional fighters besides the current pass - it's not that I think Sakurai was just lying when he said that these were the last ones, period, it's just like the way I wasn't lying the other day when I said I'd go to bed and then ended up awake for another few hours. It was my plan to go to bed, and then circumstances changed. We could end up with no extra fighters like Sakurai said, not even echoes, but we could also end up with something different than his original plan because circumstances changed. And I feel that focusing on his specific wording in that he said 'these are the last ones' instead of 'these are the last ones I have planned' is thinking about it too hard.

He also said that they were ahead of schedule, despite the fact that from our end you wouldn't think that at all. So unless someone accidentally deleted all of their work right after he said that, I don't have any reason to believe that they are behind in regards to characters. And this isn't really some solid, set in stone thing where Sakurai can't change his mind about anything. If he decided to make even just one more character because he found that he'd have more time/resources than he thought he would, then he would just clear it with the higher-ups and they would find a way to market it to the public separately from this pass, or even just say outright 'we've decided to add another character to this pass'.

Small Battlefield has already proven that we don't know everything that's coming just based on the initial statement - yeah, he didn't specifically say 'no extra stages', but that's definitely reaching a bit to justify it. It's still additional content that we weren't told about when the pass was announced, but we got it anyway.

The point is, we could get no extra fighters at all, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't say 'we might'. Some people went into that last base reveal expecting a ton of new characters, and I went into it expecting at least something different than what we ended up getting, but we only got Ken/Incineroar. Nothing really happened besides people getting disappointed, and at that point it's just starting to look more like 'hype responsibly' again to tell people to not entertain the thought that things might've changed regarding Sakurai's plans. Not even just Sakurai - Nintendo could just order another pass outright, and they'd have to make it. Even if Sakurai refused, they could just appoint someone else as the project lead.
My thoughts, more or less. I don't think Sakurai was lying when he said that Fighters Pass 2 would be the last set of characters, and he could be entirely right... but there's still the chance that things could change, and we could end up getting some more characters, whether it's Fighters Pass 3 or just a few bonus characters separate from either Pass.

Griselda

Smash Lord
The only problem I see if they announce Bonus Fighters during the FP2 timelapse, is that numbers are already decided.

DLC 6 = 76
DLC 7 = 77
DLC 8 = 78
DLC 9 = 79
DLC 10 = 80
DLC 11 = 81

So if they, for example, announce character #77 and then a Bonus on the same trailer, what fighter would he/she be? that bonus won’t be character 78 cause that spot is taken with DLC #8. So for example following the Bonus ideas during the FP2 era, I see Geno as #77 and the Bonus as #82. Get it?

But I don’t think that’s is happening. If they announce BonusFighters during the FP2 era, they could be just Echoes with already represented numbers IMO. For example, Geno as #77 and Dixie Kong as ε36.

That on the Bonus Ideas. Though I just need Geno playable which is already happening and I’m done forever with Smash, speculation and satisfied 100% with my 2 most wanted Third Parties ever: Mega Man and Geno. (Skull Kid also but I can live with that...)
They could label them any sort of way, to be honest. '#EX 1-4' is something I could see them going with.

Reactions: QQS

Ovaltine

Smash Master

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hot girl Tiffany who has leaked multiple things in the past correctly ran a poll asking people when the next fighter reveal would happen and it appears someone got it right as she has liked their tweet
Yeah, why are we trusting budget Belle Delphine again? What did she even get right lol

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, why are we trusting budget Belle Delphine again? What did she even get right lol
Decent amount surprisingly
For one, MarioKart Home Circuit was teased by her a while back
8A6B27CB-3500-46BD-B1E4-F11ED9D34933.png
A3E855A4-669C-42CF-B8E0-78FDCFFC0586.jpeg
She also called another Zelda game coming that was not BotW2
1C54396E-E6F1-42C7-A603-EAE3352A31B9.jpeg
Called a NMH3 announcement happening soon few days ago
39F1B95E-60C0-4311-B275-362DA95D7D18.png
Despite being a bit skeptical of her in the past, she actually did appear to get some things correct. I do think it’s worth considering at least. 14th is also pretty close to the date on Fatman’s predictive model

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
This, the only thing I remember her being "right" about was when she gave 4 dates, and ONE of them happened to be a date that something happened on. That's more of a lucky guess than anything else.
Twas her that leaked a "Non BOTW Zelda game" and, i **** you not, Mario Kart Home Tour

Heoj

Smash Ace
The obvious worst case scenario is if they just cancelled the fighters pass but if i had to choose anyway, it might look something like this:

FP6:Min-Min just gets removed from the game and Master Mummy or Max Brass replaces her.

FP7: Toad/Captain Toad. Sakurai also says something about how he was gonna add geno but nintendo or someone on the development team said something like "nobodys gonna like geno we should put in toad instead". Genos mii costume also comes back.

FP8: Dixie Kong
With a Phoenix Wright mii

FP9: Lara Croft
And a Neku Sakuraba mii

FP10: Crash
I get this is probably really controversial, but yeh i just dont want crash, im afraid id fall asleep if he got in.
I respect crash fans, but crash just ain't it for me personally

FP11: A bokoblin
Before this gets announced, we get a "guess who" zelda themed reveal, and for a whole month we are left speculating on mipha, urbosa, revali, botw2 zelda, skull kid and midna, and then in the end its a bokoblin.

Then sakurai annoumces that theres one more character left.

... And its jonesy...

Then sakurai announces hes leaving smash for good and then in a few years time we get a smash mobile game announced that cuts over half the roster, all third parties are gone and its just very vanilla, like im talking mario, luigi, bowser, peach, pikachu, charizard etc, even characters like ness and captain falcon get cut.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Then sakurai announces hes leaving smash for good and then in a few years time we get a smash mobile game announced that cuts over half the roster, all third parties are gone and its just very vanilla, like im talking mario, luigi, bowser, peach, pikachu, charizard etc, even characters like ness and captain falcon get cut.
And then all the cut characters get brought back as in-app purchases for $19.99 each.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The obvious worst case scenario is if they just cancelled the fighters pass but if i had to choose anyway, it might look something like this:

FP6:Min-Min just gets removed from the game and Master Mummy or Max Brass replaces her.

FP7: Toad/Captain Toad. Sakurai also says something about how he was gonna add geno but nintendo or someone on the development team said something like "nobodys gonna like geno we should put in toad instead". Genos mii costume also comes back.

FP8: Dixie Kong
With a Phoenix Wright mii

FP9: Lara Croft
And a Neku Sakuraba mii

FP10: Crash
I get this is probably really controversial, but yeh i just dont want crash, im afraid id fall asleep if he got in.
I respect crash fans, but crash just ain't it for me personally

Before this gets announced, we get a "guess who" zelda themed reveal, and for a whole month we are left speculating on mipha, urbosa, revali, botw2 zelda, skull kid and midna, and then in the end its a bokoblin.

Then sakurai annoumces that theres one more character left.

... And its jonesy...

Perfect creepypasta for me to go to bed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'd actually really like to see BotW!Bokoblin join Smash. He'd have a pretty diverse arsenal to draw from for a moveset: from the basic Boko weapons to Boomerangs and Korok Leaves. Hell, even the odd Spring-Loaded Hammer could be incorporated into his kit. He'd have plenty to draw from for skins as well thanks to the in-game enemy recolors on offer, as well as a possible alt costume in the Stalkoblins. And for a Final Smash, they could ride in on a gold Lynel and lay waste to their enemies, with a blazing Blood Moon looming off in the distance.

Also, they're cute as ****.
BokoblinAmiibo.png

Griselda

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'd actually really like to see BotW!Bokoblin join Smash. He'd have a pretty diverse arsenal to draw from for a moveset: from the basic Boko weapons to Boomerangs and Korok Leaves. Hell, even the odd Spring-Loaded Hammer could be incorporated into his kit. He'd have plenty to draw from for skins as well thanks to the in-game enemy recolors on offer, as well as a possible alt costume in the Stalkoblins. And for a Final Smash, they could ride in on a gold Lynel and lay waste to their enemies, with a blazing Blood Moon looming off in the distance.

Also, they're cute as ****.
View attachment 285155
My problem with Bokoblins is that English media recently has been pronouncing it as 'Bo-koblin' as in rhyming with goblin - but Wind Waker, the species' first appearance, heavily implies otherwise given they appeared alongside Boko Sticks, Boko Babas, Boko Seeds etc. It's meant to be pronounced 'Boko-blin' to follow the other 'blin' types like Miniblin, Big Blin, Stone Blin. You could bring up the pronunciation of 'Moblin', but then, we're probably saying that wrong too since it's coming from 'Moriburin'. Something like 'Forest Blin' is probably more accurate.

This is an actual issue I'd have, honestly. I was half serious when I made that post about the chance they'd somehow screw up Geno's name a while back.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright alright, I'll get in on the "Worst Case Scenario" pass. I'm not going for personal bias, I'm going based on what the Smash fandom likes and dislikes

Fighter 7: Black Mage. It's not Geno, it's not Sora, it's not Tifa or Sephiroth, it's not even Lara Croft. It's a blanket FF rep that borderline shares the same kind of spot as Plant as "Just a generic mook". Throw in a Sephiroth and Geno Mii costume for extra sting.

Fighter 8: Urshifu. We're all dreading the idea of a new Pokémon rep weaseling its way in to the pass, but at least the starter trio does have it's fans (With how many people wanting Rillaboom or Cinderace if we have to get a Pokémon). So why not throw them under the bus too by putting in a double-shill pick: A commercial for Sword and Shield, and a commercial for its DLC. A character everyone forgot existed a week after the DLC dropped.

Fighter 9: Tracer. Now see, I actually like Tracer as a character and I'd actually be pleasantly surprised if she got in, but looking from how the overall Smash fandom feels this would be a waking nightmare. Overwatch isn't the big franchise it used to be, public opinion on Blizzard entertainment after certain... incidents last year is at an all time low, and more importantly to Smash fans, she'd steal the Activision slot away from Crash Bandicoot, the actual request

Fighter 10: Camilla.
Oh, you thought because Three Houses came out and Byleth got in there were no possible way to wring out another damn Fire Emblem rep? The only possible FE rep that could get in is Edelgard? "Big sister" has something to say about that. Camilla is very divisive character from an already divisive game, Fire Emblem Fates. Not to mention Corrin is still seen as the absolute worst reveal in Smash history even next to Byleth. But, even if she has a mixed reception, she does have a sizable fanbase... that's all the justification Nintendo needs to put in another ad for it's favorite series.

Fighter 11: Ahri. This was a tie between her or Jonesy, but I'd say Ahri edges out in being the worse choice. People love to dump on Fortnite, but it has a lot of fans (Such as kids, and Smash's casual demographic IS kids) and I know a lot of people would unironically enjoy Jonesy if somehow he got in. Ahri meanwhile is a pick I'm convinced no one would enjoy. For one, Ahri would steal the coveted "PC gaming rep" title away from requests like the TF2 mercs, Gordon Freeman, etc. Also she would represent League of Legends, a game that's notorious for a toxic playerbase, combined with the already bad reputation of Smash players makes for a perfect storm of negativity. The bigger issue though is Tencent, the company behind LoL.

There are people who want to bar Sora's entry to Smash purely because of how much they hate Disney. Tencent has the same level of vitriol, and they own Riot Games. (Actually funnily enough they also have Epic so Jonesy would fall under this problem too). Finally though... casuals just won't know who the hell she even is. She'd be a worse Terry-reveal in terms of recognizability

So there you go, my worst-case scenario pass.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
BoTW is rather overrated and overhyped, yes, but that's primarily an issue of the Switch's install base and the fact that there wasn't really anything else of note when BoTW released to even compare it to. But I don't like it because of my own experiences with the game, to the point that I dropped it for two years before I made myself finish it - I could go on and on about my exact reasons, but I wouldn't wanna get smacked for a huge non-Geno post and I've just gotten home from an unpleasant appointment, so I'll just leave it at a somewhat melodramatic quote from the last time I ranted about the game elsewhere:

"...I climbed to the top of the highest mountain in Hyrule and looked out at the whole world. And then I was hit with the sudden realization that no matter how far I traveled, I would never see anything new."
BOTW is a little bit overrated but I won´t deny that the first ten hours of the game or so were M A G I C A L, in a way that reminded me of when I played games as a kid. The game´s flaws are similar to oddysey. TOO LITTLE SPREAD FAR. a lot of mini dungeons but they ended up becoming annoying. the minimalist music was kind of a drag after a while. the story was kind of weak, as well, even after filling out the sidequests.
I didn´t mind the weapons breaking or the rain. It´s an 8.5/10 for me,

Decent amount surprisingly
For one, MarioKart Home Circuit was teased by her a while back
She also called another Zelda game coming that was not BotW2
Called a NMH3 announcement happening soon few days ago
Despite being a bit skeptical of her in the past, she actually did appear to get some things correct. I do think it’s worth considering at least. 14th is also pretty close to the date on Fatman’s predictive model
I really feel like it´s gonna be on tuesday. Monday feels weird even if it has precedent.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo have capitalised on it though. Bonuses are literally additional characters and acting as if it's a foreign concept to Smash when the fighter pass is functionally that and we know Ultimate has to end at some point so the only real reason you provided isn't too substantial. Honestly people really need to start listening to Sakurai when he says things because I feel like 90% of people are flat out ignoring that Sakurai adamantly insisted that these are the final 6. Believe what you will, but outright saying you believe it just makes me think that the column wasn't being taken into consideration.

This isn't just 'no more plans' btw like he said for more dlc during pass one it's flat out this is all you are getting. And Sakurai isn't one to go back on his word when he says something adamantly at least not until the following console gen which obviously means new game
But he did with Ultimate.
He literally said he doesn't want or enjoy creating DLC for an already finished product, and then we got P. Plant, Joker, Stage Builder, Hero, Banjo, Homerun contest, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Small Battlefield.

Edit: also, during the Min Min presentation, he flat out said "I promise we'll at least be releasing five more characters"
At least five?
I don't know about you, but I don't think Sakurai meant the five remaining Fighter Pass 2 characters when he said that, it's not like Nintendo is suddenly gonna pull a FFXV and cancel DLC support for Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
BOTW is a little bit overrated but I won´t deny that the first ten hours of the game or so were M A G I C A L, in a way that reminded me of when I played games as a kid. The game´s flaws are similar to oddysey. TOO LITTLE SPREAD FAR. a lot of mini dungeons but they ended up becoming annoying. the minimalist music was kind of a drag after a while. the story was kind of weak, as well, even after filling out the sidequests.
I didn´t mind the weapons breaking or the rain. It´s an 8.5/10 for me,

I really feel like it´s gonna be on tuesday. Monday feels weird even if it has precedent.
The Great Plateau at least was pretty good, I'll agree on that. Mostly because new things were constantly happening, and I could brush off the flaws - we were getting new runes, it wasn't immediately obvious that the enemies we were fighting were pretty much the only ones in the game, and even though I despise weapon durability, it made sense at the beginning when we were swinging around little sticks and spears that were more rust than weapon. Then it just sort of.. stopped. For me, the game held on just a bit more when I took on Naboris first, but once I realized that the other Divine Beasts and Blights were essentially copy-pasted, it all began going downhill. I hadn't been spoiled on much, but I knew of the Wild tunic. I thought that I'd get it with the Master Sword like in TP, so I worked to build up my hearts and pulled the sword. I fought the same few recolored enemies on the way to a mountaintop, and then I reached the top...

I hope we're a week away from Geno. I really do.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
The Great Plateau at least was pretty good, I'll agree on that. Mostly because new things were constantly happening, and I could brush off the flaws - we were getting new runes, it wasn't immediately obvious that the enemies we were fighting were pretty much the only ones in the game, and even though I despise weapon durability, it made sense at the beginning when we were swinging around little sticks and spears that were more rust than weapon. Then it just sort of.. stopped. For me, the game held on just a bit more when I took on Naboris first, but once I realized that the other Divine Beasts and Blights were essentially copy-pasted, it all began going downhill. I hadn't been spoiled on much, but I knew of the Wild tunic. I thought that I'd get it with the Master Sword like in TP, so I worked to build up my hearts and pulled the sword. I fought the same few recolored enemies on the way to a mountaintop, and then I reached the top...

I hope we're a week away from Geno. I really do.
my biggest problem with the game was how empty the overworld was, for how big it is, there is barely any content, compared to how games like skyrim are paced. Had the map been about 1/2 to 1/4 its current size, with a few more towns i feel like it would have helped alot. As the game is, you just spend so much time walking around fields just looking for shrines so you have something to do. Given how breath of the wild 2 is reusing a bung of content/assets i hope they can do more to flesh out the world

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
my biggest problem with the game was how empty the overworld was, for how big it is, there is barely any content, compared to how games like skyrim are paced. Had the map been about 1/2 to 1/4 its current size, with a few more towns i feel like it would have helped alot. As the game is, you just spend so much time walking around fields just looking for shrines so you have something to do. Given how breath of the wild 2 is reusing a bung of content/assets i hope they can do more to flesh out the world
Open world rant
I´ve never finished skyrim, had it on ps3 and switch, both times dropped it. the story is basically told on supplemental materials and the acting is stiff.
The glitchy janky physics are funny but the game has a lot of unfinished feel too it. Skyrim is paced HORRIBLE if you walk.
Once you get everywhere at least once, it becomes like ffxv:
Loading screens The Game ©
Open world games are really hard to nail down within the pacing context, and once you had the first taste, the rest of the games will seem pretty much the same.
I loved Batman Arkham City and Red dead redemption( which was barren but it made sense within context), GTA 5 and Sleeping dogs.
This last one did suffer the same problems that Spider-man did, if it was a sidemissions, they freaking repeated themselves too much.
Open world´s tend to feel even more fake than levels because it has content spread out too much.
BOTW2 has to reuse the same map, they told us so. What they need to do is add more creatures, abilities and towns. Recontextualize the old towns, and probably add more music. ( They´re probably not changing the minimalistic/ambient crap)
I swear if I hear the riding day theme again, I´m muting the tv/switch.
-------
So, I´m pretty sure next week will get some Smash news. I really am feeling the 15th.
EDIT:
Also, I want to make one more educated guess.
If we don´t get BOTW2 next year, we will probably get some sort of Zelda collection but will probably only include Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I still very much play this game competitively so the only worst case scenario for me is the Bayonetta treatment from 4- aka drop an overpowered character as last dlc and walk away without properly balancing the game down the road and not listening to the massive outcry from the competitive community and casuals alike.

and of course not getting Geno.

The others could be Shrek, Goku, Waluigi, and Thomas the Dank Engine and if we get Geno it's no problem to me.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
But he did with Ultimate.
He literally said he doesn't want or enjoy creating DLC for an already finished product, and then we got P. Plant, Joker, Stage Builder, Hero, Banjo, Homerun contest, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, and Small Battlefield.

Edit: also, during the Min Min presentation, he flat out said "I promise we'll at least be releasing five more characters"
At least five?
I don't know about you, but I don't think Sakurai meant the five remaining Fighter Pass 2 characters when he said that, it's not like Nintendo is suddenly gonna pull a FFXV and cancel DLC support for Smash Ultimate.
That isn't at all the same as 'that's all you are getting'.

You are also looking way too deep into what Sakurai is saying. It was during when the Min Min presentation was recorded that Sakurai said that is all we are getting so he never implied bonuses. At this point im thinking it is just because people want more content that they think bonuses are a lock or what have you since these really seem like straw grasping. I've alread said this in the Waluigi thread but being completely objective, expecting bonuses probably isn't the best idea considering all it has going against it. Even the people who are making up reasons as to why can't seem to come up with any believable reason. Like I said think what you will but it's evident that nothing suggests they have much of a shot if even the people who think so have to take a phrase out of context in a completely unrelated video and comparing Sakurai saying 'I dislike' to 'that's all you are getting'

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My mindset for DLC is that I don't expect any more fighters after this fighter pass....

but at the same time I'm not exactly going to be like "oh my god how could this happen!?" if Sakurai turns around and says we're getting a third fighter pass. At this point it's not that shocking to me to get a "but wait there's more" moment. (if anything it's more surprising when you learn that it really is the end)

I do kinda wonder what affect the pandemic might have had on their plans. Like does it make it less likely that we'd get extra fighters or more likely? If Nintendo is really struggling to deal with this and it's causing delays to a lot of their games I could maybe see them wanting to double down on the "reliables". The "reliables" being Animal Crossing and Smash Bros. (maybe Pokemon as well but they're kinda doing their own thing)

Although with that said this fighter pass is supposed to be complete at the end of 2021, so it's possible that Nintendo has recovered by then and what I mentioned above is largely irrelevant.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Alright alright, I'll get in on the "Worst Case Scenario" pass. I'm not going for personal bias, I'm going based on what the Smash fandom likes and dislikes

Fighter 7: Black Mage. It's not Geno, it's not Sora, it's not Tifa or Sephiroth, it's not even Lara Croft. It's a blanket FF rep that borderline shares the same kind of spot as Plant as "Just a generic mook". Throw in a Sephiroth and Geno Mii costume for extra sting.
I get geno not making it is our wcs but comparing black mage to plant is kinda overboard dont you think? A lot of people wanted him as the square rep for a very long time myself included.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
outside of smash the only nintiendo news i can see happening soon are
animal crossing fall update-growing crops, and gyroids are in the games code
hyrule warriors- more info
fire emblem-30th anniversary, but nothing has been announced for it, there was supposed to be a concert, but it got canceled
3d world+ bowsers fury- more info on what bowsers fury is
3rd party game announcements

metroid prime 4, and boyonetta 3- outside of announcing a delay, i don't expect to hear from these until e3 at the earliest

Theguy123

Smash Lord
outside of smash the only nintiendo news i can see happening soon are
animal crossing fall update-growing crops, and gyroids are in the games code
hyrule warriors- more info
fire emblem-30th anniversary, but nothing has been announced for it, there was supposed to be a concert, but it got canceled
3d world+ bowsers fury- more info on what bowsers fury is
3rd party game announcements

metroid prime 4, and boyonetta 3- outside of announcing a delay, i don't expect to hear from these until e3 at the earliest
calling it right now the Bowsers fury mode is gonna be the return of fawful and the dark star. It makes sense if Nintendo now own the mario and Luigi RPG characters. Fawful felt complete but could come back due to popular demand and the dark stars story didn’t feel fully complete

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
If you guys wanted to know what Tiffany Treadmore/HotGirlVideos69 looked like, I came across this in Google Images-

-image removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom