• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not quite. Nintendo published SMRPG, whereas Ubisoft published Mario & Rabbids.
Publishing doesn’t mean they have ownership. Nintendo published Bayonetta 3, but they don’t own Bayonetta. Another example is that Microsoft published Cuphead on the Xbox, but the owner is StudioMDHR. Square owns the original characters, music, and story scenarios despite being Mario content. Nintendo only licensed their characters to Square. They would have to negotiate with Square anything related to Mario RPG even a re-release.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think it's a good idea to give up on this week just yet but to paraphrase Hitchcock "there's no terror in the bang but in the anticipation of it." (Something something my wedding night something something.) There's a lot of smoke and it does feel like there's a ton of "deadlines" coming up.

-September Directs have never been past the second full week of the month.

-Next Amiibo wave is September 25th. Character releases and announcements have always been at least a week apart making the 18th the "deadline."

-TGS is going to have a massive outpouring of third party content this year to the point that even Microsoft is participating.

I mean, ****, at least Nintendo FINALLY ripped the bandage off most of the heavily rumored Mario 35th anniversary stuff so now it's just waiting for what would have been the E3 2020 announcements.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So I have a theory I want to posit to the thread.

Enter September(?) 2018. Ultimate has just had its final pre-release Direct revealing FP1 and Piranha Plant. PPlant was being worked on before the game launched, but FP1, consisting of 5 characters, was slated to take a year to fully release, which it did.

FP2 is then announced, but despite having only one extra character in comparison to FP1, it is slated to take about double the time, being almost 2 years to completion. We all assume that they’re just taking their time for FP2 and/or they have a smaller dev team meaning it’ll take longer to develop fighters. It’s also possible that it was a security blanket to give them wiggle room if there were any unexpected delays - which we immediately got with COVID.

However, I want to posit the theory that this is intentional, and the reason being is that they are also going to work on 4 bonus characters in-between.

there are currently 16 extra slots that were added post-launch that sat unused, of which 7 have been used so far for PPlant, FP1 and Min-Min. This leaves 9, of which presumably 5 would go to the remaining FP2 fighters. But as demonstrated with SM4SH - and to which others have takes more extensively - any extra fighter slots added post-launch really never go unused. They added 7 for SM4SH and used all 7by the end of the DLC cycle, so if they added 16, why would they go through 12/16 and leave 4 open slots when that’s not historically what Sakurai and the Namco team that’s assisted him for two games now has done in the past?

Take 6 fighters in FP2 and 4 bonus fighters not included in FP2, and you have 10, which coincidentally fills all those slots. The thing about this that’s really interesting, though, is that if it took about 1 year to develop and release 5 characters, then by deduction, it would take about 2 years to develop and release 10. Double the time, for double the fighters.

The concept of 4 bonus characters isn’t new, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone connect the dots, so to speak, with the timetable we were given for releasing FP2. We absolutely can still end the DLC got Ultimate with an FP2 character to keep true to Sakurai’s statements that the DLC will be finished after FP2 is done - and actually, I think this is super likely from the standpoint that we had comment from Sakurai earlier in the year that implied that COVID delayed negotiation talks for the last 1-2 fighters in the pass. If the bonus fighters, as Fatman has theorycrafted prior to this, are going to be basically 1st-party characters with semi-clone potential that would be easier to develop without the need for a full pack, the emphasis here is on “1st-party”. It’s likely that, in this case, while the 3rd-party talks for FP11 and/or FP10broke down because of communication issues for a time due to the virus, then it stands that, because these bonus characters are 1st-party, they wouldn’t be subject to the same delay necessarily, meaning that they would have been negotiated quicker and first, meaning they could start development first. All of which to say that, if theystart development first, they would release first, putting the last release(s) as (an) FP2 fighter(s), which doesn’t contradict Sakurai’s statement of finishing with FP2 at all.

So, take 2 years to develop 6 FP2 fighters and 4 bonuses, and you likely have them release interlaced with the FP2 fighters - something like 6>7>B1>8>B2>9>B3>10>B4>11. And considering how long they’ve been sitting on a complete 7 (and possibly 8 now too) with the length since Min Min’s release (which we know was also likely delayed initially too), we could potentially get 7 and B1 released together at the same time and do the same for 8 and B2, etc. etc.

Sakurai has mentioned that despite the virus, they’re still on schedule and on track with developing the DLC. They could possibly even be ahead of schedule again. But if they’re on track and they budgeted double the time, then whenever we do get the Smash information this month, whether this week or next, I doubt we’re just gonna see 7, or 7 and 8. If there’s bonus fighters in play, I bet we’re seeing at least 1 - and with the Mario anniversary and the tournament being so far out instead of an immediate thing, that means 7 and B1 stand a good chance of being Geno and Waluigi and being revealed together.

If I have misremembered or misquoted any information, please let me know, a theory only works if in the information used to posit it is accurate

EDIT: Some additional thinking is that we know that they were working on Joker, Hero and Banjo all at the same time, started work on Terry around Joker’s release, and started Byleth around Hero’s release. If thinking like this, if we only had 6 more fighters to look forward to, they’d have started Min Min around the time of Banjo’s release 7 when Byleth released, 8 in March when Min Min should have released but didn’t because of the COVID delay, 9 in July when we would have had 7 revealed at E3 but didn’t, and 10 starting this month when presumably 7 is going to be revealed and possibly released shortly thereafter. This means that, if they follow the sameschedule, 11 starts in November and 12 in January, putting a 12 release around the time of E3 2021 and leaving an entire 6 months without any DLC release. And even if you account for the Min Min delay because of her mechanics that Sakurai mentioned, that still at most would leave 3-4 empty months, but at the time FP2 was green lit, which was likely around E3 2019, they couldn’t have known there would be delays with Min Min’s moveset, or that there would be a global pandemic, so why budget 6 months that would sit empty if there weren’t going to be extra fighters to fill those gaps?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah I stopped paying attention to people’s “when” speculating. I bet wrong at least 80%the time on dates if you scrolled back and checked. I do like thinking about the “what”s though.
God, yeah, I feel this... Trying to figure out presentation dates is just an ongoing exercise in misery.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm just using Bug Fables to stave off my boredom for waiting for news regarding FP7. It's tiresome to say the least

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a good idea to give up on this week just yet but to paraphrase Hitchcock "there's no terror in the bang but in the anticipation of it." (Something something my wedding night something something.) There's a lot of smoke and it does feel like there's a ton of "deadlines" coming up.

-September Directs have never been past the second full week of the month.

-Next Amiibo wave is September 25th. Character releases and announcements have always been at least a week apart making the 18th the "deadline."

-TGS is going to have a massive outpouring of third party content this year to the point that even Microsoft is participating.

I mean, ****, at least Nintendo FINALLY ripped the bandage off most of the heavily rumored Mario 35th anniversary stuff so now it's just waiting for what would have been the E3 2020 announcements.
Who says these WEREN'T the E3 2020 announcements? The big rumor from March centered around Nintendo making Mario's 35th the big focus of E3 2020 right? Pikmin probably would have been announced in the Spring but Hyrule Warriors and Mario Allstars/3D World almost certainly would have been E3. I'm not saying this would have been EVERYTHING, obviously Smash, probably BOTW2, maybe 2D Metroid or the Splatoon spinoff, but I really think we were heading for more of a E3 2018 than a 2017 or 19, or god forbid anything like 2010.

Firox

Smash Master
Who says these WEREN'T the E3 2020 announcements? The big rumor from March centered around Nintendo making Mario's 35th the big focus of E3 2020 right? Pikmin probably would have been announced in the Spring but Hyrule Warriors and Mario Allstars/3D World almost certainly would have been E3. I'm not saying this would have been EVERYTHING, obviously Smash, probably BOTW2, maybe 2D Metroid or the Splatoon spinoff, but I really think we were heading for more of a E3 2018 than a 2017 or 19, or god forbid anything like 2010.
The fact that reputable sources are saying that HW: Age of Extinction is the last big game reveal of the year supports this theory. I'm optimistic for one more (hopefully two) smash reveals this year and that's about it. COVID or not, if Nintendo was going to blow our socks off for holiday 2020, I think they would have done it by now. Then again, there is the extremely thin possibility that they'll shadow drop some stuff two months out like they've been doing, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
Feel like E3 might’ve had another game or two, Breath of the Wild 2, CP7 and then that’s all

Edit: Alongside what has been revealed this year of course

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember, Sakurai stated in his interview quite clearly that the DLC development team was doing quite well apart from the technical difficulties with MinMin, so chances are they have more or less completed up to FP8 at bare minimum and are probably close to FP9. Expecting two more character reveals by years end isn't unrealistic

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
God, yeah, I feel this... Trying to figure out presentation dates is just an ongoing exercise in misery.
I can't do it......

...I can't do it, Fatman!

Every thread page, every Theorycraft--LEAKS! DATES! AMIBO'S! RUMORS! Don't you understand?! MY BRAIN IS FULL TO BURSTING! IF I HAVE TO MEMORIZE A SINGLE INSIDER POST, I THINK IM GONNA EXPLOOOOODE!!!

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Remember, Sakurai stated in his interview quite clearly that the DLC development team was doing quite well apart from the technical difficulties with MinMin, so chances are they have more or less completed up to FP8 at bare minimum and are probably close to FP9. Expecting two more character reveals by years end isn't unrealistic
Not to mention, the Min Min presentation was recorded May 2nd, almost 2 months before she released. Pack 6 was in a completely playable and presentable state at the start of May, if Pack 6 was in the final stages of bug-testing/polishing 4 MONTHS AGO I don't see how Pack 7 isn't finished by now and 8 isn't in a good state as well.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I can't imagine at least FP7 isn't just about if not already done yet. Even with any delay. Just based on those dates with Min Min. I assume FP7 will be out by September / early October at the latest, and then at least have FP8 announced if not released by year's end. Until Sakurai tells us otherwise that they're running into delays (which is possible, I don't discredit that possibility, even if I don't currently think that the case), I still think we'll end up getting characters every 3 or so months, starting mid/late September with FP7.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
there IS a maintenance on the 14th, but idk what for at this point as Joker and Hero's amiibo functions are supposedly already added

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So I have a theory I want to posit to the thread.

Enter September(?) 2018. Ultimate has just had its final pre-release Direct revealing FP1 and Piranha Plant. PPlant was being worked on before the game launched, but FP1, consisting of 5 characters, was slated to take a year to fully release, which it did.

FP2 is then announced, but despite having only one extra character in comparison to FP1, it is slated to take about double the time, being almost 2 years to completion. We all assume that they’re just taking their time for FP2 and/or they have a smaller dev team meaning it’ll take longer to develop fighters. It’s also possible that it was a security blanket to give them wiggle room if there were any unexpected delays - which we immediately got with COVID.

However, I want to posit the theory that this is intentional, and the reason being is that they are also going to work on 4 bonus characters in-between.

there are currently 16 extra slots that were added post-launch that sat unused, of which 7 have been used so far for PPlant, FP1 and Min-Min. This leaves 9, of which presumably 5 would go to the remaining FP2 fighters. But as demonstrated with SM4SH - and to which others have takes more extensively - any extra fighter slots added post-launch really never go unused. They added 7 for SM4SH and used all 7by the end of the DLC cycle, so if they added 16, why would they go through 12/16 and leave 4 open slots when that’s not historically what Sakurai and the Namco team that’s assisted him for two games now has done in the past?

Take 6 fighters in FP2 and 4 bonus fighters not included in FP2, and you have 10, which coincidentally fills all those slots. The thing about this that’s really interesting, though, is that if it took about 1 year to develop and release 5 characters, then by deduction, it would take about 2 years to develop and release 10. Double the time, for double the fighters.

The concept of 4 bonus characters isn’t new, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone connect the dots, so to speak, with the timetable we were given for releasing FP2. We absolutely can still end the DLC got Ultimate with an FP2 character to keep true to Sakurai’s statements that the DLC will be finished after FP2 is done - and actually, I think this is super likely from the standpoint that we had comment from Sakurai earlier in the year that implied that COVID delayed negotiation talks for the last 1-2 fighters in the pass. If the bonus fighters, as Fatman has theorycrafted prior to this, are going to be basically 1st-party characters with semi-clone potential that would be easier to develop without the need for a full pack, the emphasis here is on “1st-party”. It’s likely that, in this case, while the 3rd-party talks for FP11 and/or FP10broke down because of communication issues for a time due to the virus, then it stands that, because these bonus characters are 1st-party, they wouldn’t be subject to the same delay necessarily, meaning that they would have been negotiated quicker and first, meaning they could start development first. All of which to say that, if theystart development first, they would release first, putting the last release(s) as (an) FP2 fighter(s), which doesn’t contradict Sakurai’s statement of finishing with FP2 at all.

So, take 2 years to develop 6 FP2 fighters and 4 bonuses, and you likely have them release interlaced with the FP2 fighters - something like 6>7>B1>8>B2>9>B3>10>B4>11. And considering how long they’ve been sitting on a complete 7 (and possibly 8 now too) with the length since Min Min’s release (which we know was also likely delayed initially too), we could potentially get 7 and B1 released together at the same time and do the same for 8 and B2, etc. etc.

Sakurai has mentioned that despite the virus, they’re still on schedule and on track with developing the DLC. They could possibly even be ahead of schedule again. But if they’re on track and they budgeted double the time, then whenever we do get the Smash information this month, whether this week or next, I doubt we’re just gonna see 7, or 7 and 8. If there’s bonus fighters in play, I bet we’re seeing at least 1 - and with the Mario anniversary and the tournament being so far out instead of an immediate thing, that means 7 and B1 stand a good chance of being Geno and Waluigi and being revealed together.

If I have misremembered or misquoted any information, please let me know, a theory only works if in the information used to posit it is accurate

EDIT: Some additional thinking is that we know that they were working on Joker, Hero and Banjo all at the same time, started work on Terry around Joker’s release, and started Byleth around Hero’s release. If thinking like this, if we only had 6 more fighters to look forward to, they’d have started Min Min around the time of Banjo’s release 7 when Byleth released, 8 in March when Min Min should have released but didn’t because of the COVID delay, 9 in July when we would have had 7 revealed at E3 but didn’t, and 10 starting this month when presumably 7 is going to be revealed and possibly released shortly thereafter. This means that, if they follow the sameschedule, 11 starts in November and 12 in January, putting a 12 release around the time of E3 2021 and leaving an entire 6 months without any DLC release. And even if you account for the Min Min delay because of her mechanics that Sakurai mentioned, that still at most would leave 3-4 empty months, but at the time FP2 was green lit, which was likely around E3 2019, they couldn’t have known there would be delays with Min Min’s moveset, or that there would be a global pandemic, so why budget 6 months that would sit empty if there weren’t going to be extra fighters to fill those gaps?
I also wanna add, as an EDIT2, that the reason why I assume Geno/Waluigi for 7/B1 and them being revealed together is because of the timeframe of the Mario tournament.

Now granted, we’ve had an abnormal amount of time between Byleth and Min Min, and between Min Min and 7. However, with the statement that they’re on-track with development, the fact that Min Min was delayed and pushed farther out than initially intended, and 7/Geno originally being slated for E3 2 months ago, they’ve likely been sitting on a near-to completely-finished 7 for awhile, and at this point the next fighter, whether 8 or B1, is likely also near- or completely-finished as well. Now, if the Mario tournament were immediate, it would cast doubt on Geno coming because he couldn’t be included, but the fact that it’s coming later is actually a boost to his chances, or the chances of another Mario series fighter coming in general. However, if it were just Geno, then assuming he’s basically just been waiting to be revealed for the past 2 months, it’s reasonably likely they pull a Min Min and reveal him and release him within the same month, or possibly the first week in October. So, put the tournament in October, it gives a few weeks to a month after Geno’s out, everything’s fine.

But it’s not in October, it’s vaguely November/December, roughly 2-3 months after Geno/7 would release. If 7 were to release this month, if Sakurai is on-track with developmen, the next fighter should release 2 months later, which would put them in November/the first week of December at latest. So why plan to have a Mario tournament 2/3 months after Geno, right in the timeframe where it would also be likely right after the next fighter is released?

There’s also a good chance that, since we have website evidence that the Mario direct was delayed from April, that this tournament probably was slated for September originally to coincide with the anniversary, but that’s predicated on the pre-COVID schedule, where Min Min would be released in April-May, 7 + 8/B1 is revealed at E3, 7 is likely released in late July/East August, and then 8/B1 is released in late September/early October - which still puts two characters out and released by the time the tournament is supposed to start.

So, if the Smash DLC fighter releases got pushed forward 2 months, the only reason to still push the Mario tournament 2 months forward is if there’s 2 Mario characters coming and you want to make sure the tournament come after both so it can include both. It wouldn’t make sense - and would be a definite cause for backlash - if both 7 and 8 were Mario characters, but if we have bonus characters, and it’s instead 7 and B1, then the backlash is lessened. And since in both cases, if we’re getting any Mario characters it’s going to be Geno and Waluigi and both fit the idea of being an FP fighter and a bonus fighter to a T, respectively, then it would stand to reason that 7 and B1 are Geno and Waluigi, and both were originally slated to be revealed together at E3 (with or without the actual FP8 fighter as well), and both would have been out by now if not for COVID and the delay. So if we get info on Smash DLC this month, it’ll be what was originally supposed to be at E3, and it’ll likely be Geno and Waluigi, with Geno coming before the end of the first week of October and Waluigi sometime in November/December, before the Mario tournament (which, keep in mind, wasn't even given a specific date, just the rough month timeframe).

It could be argued that it’s just Geno and they’re waiting for the “new car smell” to die down a bit instead of doing it right after his release, but to that I counter that for most of the prior DLC, they had a themed tournament within 1-2 weeks of the release, so why change the rules now, especially to delay an anniversary tournament that could otherwise run on the same month as said anniversary even with a franchise character release, if it wasn’t accounting for a second character from said franchise coming directly after?

D

Deleted member

Honestly this. I've been doubting the fabled "E3 2020" direct for a while now. I think this is it for 2020, apart from DLC for Smash (maybe, hopefully) and Pokemon. There wasn't anything ground-breaking planned, it was always going to be hit-or-miss at best. And there have been misses more than hits.

Not being pessimistic, just saying this was always going to be a more quiet year, regardless of COVID. No heavy hitters (with the exception of ACNH and I guess Paper Mario in Nintendo's eyes). The rest of the line-up is fine, mind you. But not ground-breaking. I pre-ordered Age of Calamity the second it was announced, but it's not something I would buy a Switch for, unlike say Smash or the original BOTW, or even BOTW2.

D

Deleted member

I also wanna add, as an EDIT2, that the reason why I assume Geno/Waluigi for 7/B1 and them being revealed together is because of the timeframe of the Mario tournament.

Now granted, we’ve had an abnormal amount of time between Byleth and Min Min, and between Min Min and 7. However, with the statement that they’re on-track with development, the fact that Min Min was delayed and pushed farther out than initially intended, and 7/Geno originally being slated for E3 2 months ago, they’ve likely been sitting on a near-to completely-finished 7 for awhile, and at this point the next fighter, whether 8 or B1, is likely also near- or completely-finished as well. Now, if the Mario tournament were immediate, it would cast doubt on Geno coming because he couldn’t be included, but the fact that it’s coming later is actually a boost to his chances, or the chances of another Mario series fighter coming in general. However, if it were just Geno, then assuming he’s basically just been waiting to be revealed for the past 2 months, it’s reasonably likely they pull a Min Min and reveal him and release him within the same month, or possibly the first week in October. So, put the tournament in October, it gives a few weeks to a month after Geno’s out, everything’s fine.

But it’s not in October, it’s vaguely November/December, roughly 2-3 months after Geno/7 would release. If 7 were to release this month, if Sakurai is on-track with developmen, the next fighter should release 2 months later, which would put them in November/the first week of December at latest. So why plan to have a Mario tournament 2/3 months after Geno, right in the timeframe where it would also be likely right after the next fighter is released?

There’s also a good chance that, since we have website evidence that the Mario direct was delayed from April, that this tournament probably was slated for September originally to coincide with the anniversary, but that’s predicated on the pre-COVID schedule, where Min Min would be released in April-May, 7 + 8/B1 is revealed at E3, 7 is likely released in late July/East August, and then 8/B1 is released in late September/early October - which still puts two characters out and released by the time the tournament is supposed to start.

So, if the Smash DLC fighter releases got pushed forward 2 months, the only reason to still push the Mario tournament 2 months forward is if there’s 2 Mario characters coming and you want to make sure the tournament come after both so it can include both. It wouldn’t make sense - and would be a definite cause for backlash - if both 7 and 8 were Mario characters, but if we have bonus characters, and it’s instead 7 and B1, then the backlash is lessened. And since in both cases, if we’re getting any Mario characters it’s going to be Geno and Waluigi and both fit the idea of being an FP fighter and a bonus fighter to a T, respectively, then it would stand to reason that 7 and B1 are Geno and Waluigi, and both were originally slated to be revealed together at E3 (with or without the actual FP8 fighter as well), and both would have been out by now if not for COVID and the delay. So if we get info on Smash DLC this month, it’ll be what was originally supposed to be at E3, and it’ll likely be Geno and Waluigi, with Geno coming before the end of the first week of October and Waluigi sometime in November/December, before the Mario tournament (which, keep in mind, wasn't even given a specific date, just the rough month timeframe).

It could be argued that it’s just Geno and they’re waiting for the “new car smell” to die down a bit instead of doing it right after his release, but to that I counter that for most of the prior DLC, they had a themed tournament within 1-2 weeks of the release, so why change the rules now, especially to delay an anniversary tournament that could otherwise run on the same month as said anniversary even with a franchise character release, if it wasn’t accounting for a second character from said franchise coming directly after?
The most fustrating part from all this speculation, is that we could of found out if Geno is even 7 or 8 by now if it wasn’t for a pandemic. Nintendo basically do whatever they want spreading out announcements as long as they can.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Not to mention, the Min Min presentation was recorded May 2nd, almost 2 months before she released. Pack 6 was in a completely playable and presentable state at the start of May, if Pack 6 was in the final stages of bug-testing/polishing 4 MONTHS AGO I don't see how Pack 7 isn't finished by now and 8 isn't in a good state as well.
So ultimately, the question is 'What is Nintendo waiting for?'

A very commonly asked question towards Nintendo this year.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The most fustrating part from all this speculation, is that we could of found out if Geno is even 7 or 8 by now if it wasn’t for a pandemic. Nintendo basically do whatever they want spreading out announcements as long as they can.
Yep, but it would seem that everything really was just delayed by 2 months, so with Min Min in July, there’s a very good chance that if they’re on-schedule that we find out this month and we have a release by the first week of October. I am like 99.5% confident we’re getting Smash info this month, it’s just a question of when.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Am I the only one sick of hearing about a Breath of the Wild character for Smash? Especially that Age of Calamity is a thing? It's the same 3 talking points over and over and it's not at all interesting. At least Geno discussion inches forward and has a ton to debate about viability.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
there IS a maintenance on the 14th, but idk what for at this point as Joker and Hero's amiibo functions are supposedly already added
That's just eshop maintenance, it would say if it was for Smash. That being said....

Something I just checked that is interesting about them adding amiibo functionality is the two times we've had updates specifically for adding it in Ultimate. 2.02 released on April 2nd, and the wave came out April 12th, and 6.1.1 released on January 7th with the wave releasing on the 17th. It seems they like a 10 day buffer window, and with the amiibo releasing in Japan on the 25th that means they'll likely do a small update to add that on the 15th. Which means we probably aren't getting another update for a week or two after that. Which means we're probably waiting until at least the end of the month for a release, possibly even an announcement.

1537749137404.jpg

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
That's just eshop maintenance, it would say if it was for Smash. That being said....

Something I just checked that is interesting about them adding amiibo functionality is the two times we've had updates specifically for adding it in Ultimate. 2.02 released on April 2nd, and the wave came out April 12th, and 6.1.1 released on January 7th with the wave releasing on the 17th. It seems they like a 10 day buffer window, and with the amiibo releasing in Japan on the 25th that means they'll likely do a small update to add that on the 15th. Which means we probably aren't getting another update for a week or two after that. Which means we're probably waiting until at least the end of the month for a release, possibly even an announcement.

View attachment 285113
We got Min Min revealed ~2 weeks before she was released, so if we get 7/Geno this month, they were probably always going to release at the end of the month. Doesn’t mean they have to wait until the end of the month to announce it and just straight-up shadowdrop them with it.

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 285113
AGAIN I REITERATE. The 25th isn't just for Japan, it's Europe too. Only North America is getting them in October. That, and we've had cases where DLC took two weeks to release like Byleth for example, and Min Min's was only one week after her reveal.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
All this talk of "Worst Timeline" got me thinking. What would you all consider the worst outcome for the fighter's pass? I mean, any outcome that doesn't include Geno is bad end, but how could it possibly be worst than that, while still being entirely possible? We always talk about our most wanted choices, but what about what we fear the most? I'll go first:
Fighter 77: Saber

Fighter 78: 2B

Fighter 79: A Sony Rep (Crash doesn't count)

Fighter 80: Master Chief

Fighter 81: By this point i would not care because the last character is always underwhelming. But if a had to chose, it would simply another third party character i don't care about.

Honestly compared to this list, your list sounds like a godsend. I least i can respect Sora and Captain Toad, but god forbid Saber and a Sony rep ever dare to cross Smash's streams.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
If I had creative freedom over Geno’s stage in Smash, it would be like a tour of the SMRPG land. It would be like Delfino Plaza/Paper Mario stage where it was always changing. The areas visited would be Bowser’s Keep on top of the chandeliers. Forest Maze, Blade with Axem Rangers participating. Exor fight, and if Geno uses Geno Whirl on Exor he can actually take him out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With how stupidly long this is taking, I'm kind of hoping for a Smash Direct now because why not? If they won't give us a General, give us a Smash Direct so we know 7 and 8 by the end of the year because I can honestly wait for everything else. The wait for Smash news is what bothers me the most because 7's likely been in a presentable state for close to 2 1/2 months now and Nintendo's holding onto it until literally the "deadline" for whatever reason.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
With how stupidly long this is taking, I'm kind of hoping for a Smash Direct now because why not? If they won't give us a General, give us a Smash Direct so we know 7 and 8 by the end of the year because I can honestly wait for everything else. The wait for Smash news is what bothers me the most because 7's likely been in a presentable state for close to 2 1/2 months now and Nintendo's holding onto it until literally the "deadline" for whatever reason.
I don't know how likely a dedicated Smash Direct (not a Sakurai Presents with only one character, but a full Direct with multiple characters) is, since we haven't gotten one since the game's release.

Still, I'm all for resurrecting the Smash Direct format if it means fighters can be revealed without having to rely on the now nonexistent general Direct. Plus, at this point, it's not like they don't have enough for a Smash Direct. Fighter 7 is done at this point, Fighter 8 is also likely done, and Fighter 9 is likely in a presentable-enough state to be revealed.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice, is this next fighter really #77 too?

Griselda

Smash Lord
You hated BotW? Not, there were things you didn’t like about it, or, it wasn’t the kind of Zelda game you wanted? Are you someone that dislikes something more when other people like it a lot and ask you why you don’t think it’s as hype as they do? I’m one of those people. Inception is overrated. Not bad, just overrated.
BoTW is rather overrated and overhyped, yes, but that's primarily an issue of the Switch's install base and the fact that there wasn't really anything else of note when BoTW released to even compare it to. But I don't like it because of my own experiences with the game, to the point that I dropped it for two years before I made myself finish it - I could go on and on about my exact reasons, but I wouldn't wanna get smacked for a huge non-Geno post and I've just gotten home from an unpleasant appointment, so I'll just leave it at a somewhat melodramatic quote from the last time I ranted about the game elsewhere:

"...I climbed to the top of the highest mountain in Hyrule and looked out at the whole world. And then I was hit with the sudden realization that no matter how far I traveled, I would never see anything new."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom