• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I would probably expect one more title to carry the holiday for Switch. Keep in mind, they're going up against Sony and Microsoft for sales dollars and a Hyrule Warriors title is not going to be the same draw a mainline Zelda title is where it could function alone in a sales space. That said, this is the perfect avenue to explain pre-BotW timeline and maybe even shed light on the merged timeline theory.

I too would think that convention is out the window now and that any Sakurai Presents announcement is likely to be dropped without notice independent of a direct with the presentation to follow shortly after. That said, I would still expect a Smash announcement soon because the longer they wait on fighter 7 the tighter that schedule of December 2021 becomes. We're already at the red line of 1 per 3 months for release assuming all development and balancing has continued without being impacted by Covid.

Also, all "shill" smash inclusions are there to shill but not all smash inclusions are there to shill. Just because we have a Zelda title doesn't mean we get a new Zelda rep. It is a series already pretty well represented, Link's redesign is really your "BotW" addition, and the time to have done so was way back during the BotW DLC. Using the 4 champions as a "Hero" type character won't work and picking just one of the champions wouldn't be right.

Ya'll need to de-stress a little. Geno's coming, just ride the wave until he does. I don't even think Nintendo knows a schedule outside week by week at this point so no use in getting antsy about it.
Exactly. Geno's stll got a lot going on for him. I don't like Breath of the Wild, but unlike Fire Emblem, I wouldn't mind another Zelda rep as long as they bring something new to the table

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Exactly. Geno's stll got a lot going on for him. I don't like Breath of the Wild, but unlike Fire Emblem, I wouldn't mind another Zelda rep as long as they bring something new to the table
And while I won't go on a rant about it, it's so bizarre Fire Emblem has more fighters than Zelda in Smash. To me, Zelda should have more fighters than Fire Emblem because it's part of the Big 3 along with Mario and Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

This. We need a Zelda character that IS NOT Link, Zelda, or Ganon.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
My small personal smash speculation group find a dogging on Kelios because he said no more Directs this year.

Now I'm really starting to wonder. Like, I get that they said 'More news on Age of Calamity on the 26th' but with how Nintendo's been going recently it feels like they could do a small video just for that game alone.

So, are we thinking Direct later this month and AoC is in it? I'm not entirely sure what to think vit I know this: Nintendo is running out of time.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I would probably expect one more title to carry the holiday for Switch. Keep in mind, they're going up against Sony and Microsoft for sales dollars and a Hyrule Warriors title is not going to be the same draw a mainline Zelda title is where it could function alone in a sales space. That said, this is the perfect avenue to explain pre-BotW timeline and maybe even shed light on the merged timeline theory.

I too would think that convention is out the window now and that any Sakurai Presents announcement is likely to be dropped without notice independent of a direct with the presentation to follow shortly after. That said, I would still expect a Smash announcement soon because the longer they wait on fighter 7 the tighter that schedule of December 2021 becomes. We're already at the red line of 1 per 3 months for release assuming all development and balancing has continued without being impacted by Covid.

Also, all "shill" smash inclusions are there to shill but not all smash inclusions are there to shill. Just because we have a Zelda title doesn't mean we get a new Zelda rep. It is a series already pretty well represented, Link's redesign is really your "BotW" addition, and the time to have done so was way back during the BotW DLC. Using the 4 champions as a "Hero" type character won't work and picking just one of the champions wouldn't be right.

Ya'll need to de-stress a little. Geno's coming, just ride the wave until he does. I don't even think Nintendo knows a schedule outside week by week at this point so no use in getting antsy about it.
A) Just because we get a Zelda character doesn´t mean we can´t get Geno and wize versa
B) This is more a discussion of whenever Koei Techmo is getting a rep or not, which quite frankly I would surprise me if they don´t at this point (and no, Byleth is an Intelligent System rep and not a Koei Techmo rep)

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
And while I won't go on a rant about it, it's so bizarre Fire Emblem has more fighters than Zelda in Smash. To me, Zelda should have more fighters than Fire Emblem because it's part of the Big 3 along with Mario and Pokemon.
Fire Emblem has a much bigger focus on the characters though - and a rotating cast. While the characters in Zelda are definitely important, the most important character is always Link. It’s always about him and his journey, which also can explain why Zelda has so many items in Smash - they’re kind of an extension of Link as a character, and integral to the games.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fire Emblem has a much bigger focus on the characters though - and a rotating cast. While the characters in Zelda are definitely important, the most important character is always Link. It’s always about him and his journey, which also can explain why Zelda has so many items in Smash - they’re kind of an extension of Link as a character, and integral to the games.
I mean, Zelda has a rotating cast as well. Zelda has so many unique characters that could be Smash fighters and so does DK.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I could have sworn I saw a leak rumor about a "Non-BOTW Zelda game" somewhere, so what does this mean as for Geno/Cacomallow theorycraft if anything?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Now I'm really starting to wonder. Like, I get that they said 'More news on Age of Calamity on the 26th' but with how Nintendo's been going recently it feels like they could do a small video just for that game alone.
It´s most likely that they are only doing on that game... maybe some news on BOTWS2. If they were gonna do a direct that date, they wouldn´t have said anything.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A crazy thing about Hyrule Warriors 2: Mipha's ****in' Pissed being announced is that it finally provides an answer to a 2 year old mystery: why didn't Hyrule Warriors get spirits in the base game? Now we know. This probably also explains why Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Undertale haven't gotten spirits yet either: because they're going to be tied into future announcements!

3a2736a3f644878e94640dccaf07423c.gif

Can you feel it, comrades? That's what it feels like for theorycraft to pan out after several years.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's like I've said before, we've got to keep our eyes peeled for Sakurai Presents announcements and not rely on general directs for Smash news this year. Even with this Zelda news, my position on this hasn't changed whatsoever. Nintendo knows they have to sell the pass, and Smash Ultimate is still one of their biggest 3 selling titles. It would be financial suicide to not have more than 1 character revealed and released by years end

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem really suffered from to many clones syndrome, but oh well.

As for a New Zelda Rep, I think Impa or Tingle could fit, being two of the last recurring characters, even if they ain't as important as the Triforce bearers. As for How a New-Zelda Rep would effect Genos chances...

Technically it'd go down because we'd go from 5 slots to 4, but i really do not think it'll matter to much for the individual character. Another Square Enix or Mario character would do more to hurt his chances then a new Zelda rep

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Imran Khan, a noted insider who is one of the main speculation sources for rumors atm, makes a random out-of-nowhere Hyrule Warriors reference tweet, and we get a new Hyrule Warriors game announcement shadowdropped the next day.

Back in April-June 2019, all the notable insiders of the time make constant and consistent Banjoposts, and we get a Banjo for Smash announcement at E3 2019.

Back in 2018, multiple notable insiders of the time collectively reference and make posts/tweets about Ridley in Smash and Mario Tennis Aces being revealed, amongst other things (that I can’t remember off the top of my head)

But people still think that the fact that almost every single notable insider was Genoposting back in July-August 2020, both about Geno in Smash and about SMRPG itself (which we now know is highly rumored to be getting a remake), at the same time when they were also teasing “the big one” Direct where these would presumably be revealed,

mean absolutely nothing.

ok

ok

sure

gotcha

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A crazy thing about Hyrule Warriors 2: Mipha's ****in' Pissed being announced is that it finally provides an answer to a 2 year old mystery: why didn't Hyrule Warriors get spirits in the base game? Now we know. This probably also explains why Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Undertale haven't gotten spirits yet either: because they're going to be tied into future announcements!

View attachment 284967

Can you feel it, comrades? That's what it feels like for theorycraft to pan out after several years.
So, how do you think we’ll get Hyrule Warriors content in Smash now then? Mii Costumes? Spirit Event? Playable Character?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Imran Khan, a noted insider who is one of the main speculation sources for rumors atm, makes a random out-of-nowhere Hyrule Warriors reference tweet, and we get a new Hyrule Warriors game announcement shadowdropped the next day.

Back in April-June 2019, all the notable insiders of the time make constant and consistent Banjoposts, and we get a Banjo for Smash announcement at E3 2019.

Back in 2018, multiple notable insiders of the time collectively reference and make posts/tweets about Ridley in Smash and Mario Tennis Aces being revealed, amongst other things (that I can’t remember off the top of my head)

But people still think that the fact that almost every single notable insider was Genoposting back in July-August 2020, both about Geno in Smash and about SMRPG itself (which we now know is highly rumored to be getting a remake), at the same time when they were also teasing “the big one” Direct where these would presumably be revealed,

mean absolutely nothing.

ok

ok

sure

gotcha
"He'S jUsT jOkInG!"
"ThEsE hInTs MeAn NoThInG!"

IMG_20200529_172751.jpg

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Spirit event at the very least. Can't say there's a lot of evidence for anything else at the moment.
But the designs between Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: AoC are different. All the designs unique to the OG HW are replaced by BoTW designs in the “sequel”, so it’s weird to “save up” Spirits from the first game to release when Age of Calamity launches.

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 284967

My personal guess is Nintendo is waiting for October of this year to do Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits and Undertale as I recall is celebrating its 5th anniversary this year next week

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I don’t think she’s been wrong with anything yet and she’s open to what she hears. I think it’s worth the listen
Is it though?
She gives random dates at times.
More like for confirmation, after someone else(2) gives info.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Personally I think some games just aren’t gonna get spirits, though I really hope Undertale does at least; seems weird that it hasn’t, would be a missed opportunity. Other indies got some, and Undertale is one of the few that got a bigger push from Nintendo, it and Deltarune even appearing in main Directs.

I don’t think she’s been wrong with anything yet and she’s open to what she hears. I think it’s worth the listen
She’s been wrong on most of what she’s said iirc, she only got like 2 dates right and it wasn’t clear what she meant they were anyway.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys......... are time is nearly here I hope
I'm not sure if this person has ever been reliable, aside from times where she seemed to be piggy-backing off of people with an actual track record. She's thrown out plenty of claims about Direct dates and reveals that didn't pan out; I had one bookmarked for an occasion like this, but it's since been deleted.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, a lot of insiders are really hammering in that Hyrule Warriors: Return of Jafar is basically the last first party announcement for this year besides Pokemon DLC and Smash

Though, I hardly think this rules out 2021 announcements

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given how much Nintendo have been playing their cards close to their chest lately, it wouldn't surprise at all if major 2021 releases aren't announced until (or very close to) 2021.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I believe that in the HW:AoC trailer, in the scene where Princess Zelda and Link are in presence of the King of Hyruel, I see who seems to be a young Impa kneeling between them? If so, now that iteration of Impa specifically could be interesting to keep an eye out for.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well it's safe to say general directs are pretty much out for the rest of the year (most likely) and we'll likely have partner directs to announce things during this period.

But the question is, will they shadowdrop the Smash reveal? I mean we did end up getting a shadowdrop of Mario's 35th and even a new Zelda game. I would prefer if they announce these things ahead of time, but right now I just expect Smash to shadowdrop out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom