• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Whoever it is, it will be moments before Nintendo finds this tweet and delays the Direct because of this.
all I have to say on the matter is that this is a literal nobody who joined Twitter in July of 2020 and started posting "leaks" in July of 2020...

He'll vanish after the 10th or earlier if something happens to make him look like a fool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
all I have to say on the matter is that this is a literal nobody who joined Twitter in July of 2020 and started posting "leaks" in July of 2020...

He'll vanish after the 10th or earlier if something happens to make him look like a fool.
Yeah, I noticed that. Don't blame me, I got this from another thread.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We still have the first two weeks of August to look at for potential news if the first one turns out dry.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We still have the first two weeks of August to look at for potential news if the first one turns out dry.
Still, about what I posted earlier, (the tweet, which I misread) I think it could be wrong. This is his among his first leaks, and he seems to be bandwagoning off of, other who may have said that.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
At this point I have no expectations Nintendo is going to provide anything (Smash related or otherwise) in 2020 before the holidays. If they end up giving any kind of information before that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Better than being disappointed with every rumored date being a nothingburger over and over.
This. This so much. At this point, I have no faith they are doing anything. The recent numbers out of Japan showed that the Switch and Animal Crossing are still selling hundreds of thousands of copies, and blowing the PS4 out of the water. They could easily ride out the rest of this year and just devote themselves to extremely "minor" announcements. That Mario remake collection could carry them, easily. I'm starting to believe the insiders saying Nintendo is going to sit this year out. They've shown me no proof otherwise and they are definitely not the type of company to blow us away with a massive surprise. If anything they're just going to hold their cards close to their chest for much longer, which is exactly what they do in these situations.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1596129116381.png

Despite the complete bungling of this year from our perspective, Nintendo is beyond dominating the other consoles in Japan. Sold 125k consoles last week, most of which were for Animal Crossing, with Paper Mario also making a respectable showing. These are the numbers they're looking at, and the numbers are telling them to keep the ship steady.

Firox

Smash Master
View attachment 280557
Despite the complete bungling of this year from our perspective, Nintendo is beyond dominating the other consoles in Japan. Sold 125k consoles last week, most of which were for Animal Crossing, with Paper Mario also making a respectable showing. These are the numbers they're looking at, and the numbers are telling them to keep the ship steady.
To be fair though, Nintendo isn't knocking it out of the park due to any form of competence. They just won the lottery by having the cheapest console and the most dominant portable system during a world wide pandemic. Parents are stuck at home with their hellspawn and are desperate to distract them, hence the massive influx in Switch sales. The disgusting part is that Nintendo honestly thinks that they're just that damn good.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
On the topic of what some people (i.e. insiders) might be saying as to the nature of the potential upcoming Direct (Mini...?), let us remember not just the July 20th surprise, but also what was brought to our attention yesterday in regards to there allegedly being an investigation going on in Nintendo related to the source code leaks that have been reported. It is possible that the information these insiders have been getting is bait info fed by Nintendo in order to weed out any other potential leakers or perpetrators. For now what we've got going is a potential date for some sort of announcement or news dump. The contents of it will remain unknown until it is officially announced (despite what insiders may report in advance).

MattX20

Smash Hero
On the topic of what some people (i.e. insiders) might be saying as to the nature of the potential upcoming Direct (Mini...?), let us remember not just the July 20th surprise, but also what was brought to our attention yesterday in regards to there allegedly being an investigation going on in Nintendo related to the source code leaks that have been reported. It is possible that the information these insiders have been getting is bait info fed by Nintendo in order to weed out any other potential leakers or perpetrators. For now what we've got going is a potential date for some sort of announcement or news dump. The contents of it will remain unknown until it is officially announced (despite what insiders may report in advance).
Exactly. Right now we just have to wait and see what next week brings

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Wait, what's going on with the 10th? I figured we were going to wait until Nintendo or Sakurai announces something...
View attachment 280557
oof poor xbox

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Honestly at this point, even these fake leaders are at least providing info for us to read, think, and speculate about. Obviously fake leakers suck, but in a way they do keep us mentally engaged a bit.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
To be fair though, Nintendo isn't knocking it out of the park due to any form of competence. They just won the lottery by having the cheapest console and the most dominant portable system during a world wide pandemic. Parents are stuck at home with their hellspawn and are desperate to distract them, hence the massive influx in Switch sales. The disgusting part is that Nintendo honestly thinks that they're just that damn good.
There’s also the fact that their main competition, Playstation, is about to have a major new backwards-compatible system release that we’ve known about since early-mid 2019, and said launch is only three-four months or so away. New PS4 console sales have slowed to a crawl just because people are waiting for the release of the PS5, while Switch doesn’t have an imminent 2/Pro version that would otherwise distract sales.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Newcomer spec waiting for the rando Twitter account to say Geno is deconfirmed so they can parade him around as a 100% accurate reputable insider like
1596134783854.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
winnie-the-pooh.jpg

I've talked about it before but nailing (yer mum) presentation dates perfectly is a total crapshoot and why I rarely bother aside from predictive models. Seriously though, let's recap this year, shall we?

-People claimed a General Direct for January; didn't happen.

-People claimed a General Direct for February; didn't happen.

-People claimed a General Direct for March; it was a Mini.

-People claimed a Mario presentation in May or June; didn't happen.

-People claimed a General Direct in July for over a month; it was a Mini.

Now people are claiming a General Direct in September more than a month out and I can feel my ulcers expanding...

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 280562

I've talked about it before but nailing (yer mum) presentation dates perfectly is a total crapshoot and why I rarely bother aside from predictive models. Seriously though, let's recap this year, shall we?

Now people are claiming a General Direct in September more than a month out and I can feel my ulcers expanding...
Lord this hurts so much because of how true this is

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 280562

Seeing it all laid out like this..

Nintendo’s really bungled this year, at least when it comes to information and hype. Most of it’s understandable, there’s kind’ve a global crisis going on, but jeez.

If the world is in a better position next year, I really hope they can make up for lost time (and lost hype).

Firox

Smash Master
Seeing it all laid out like this..

Nintendo’s really bungled this year, at least when it comes to information and hype. Most of it’s understandable, there’s kind’ve a global crisis going on, but jeez.

If the world is in a better position next year, I really hope they can make up for lost time (and lost hype).
Sony 2021: "This year we going to kick things off with a bang with 15 new AAA releases!"

Microsoft 2021: "Now that the pandemic is winding down, Halo DLC is on the way!"

Nintendo 2021: "Due to the outbreak of the common cold we will be sitting on our asses indefinitely. Send your money now!"

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, remember how Hotgirlvideos (or whatever she was called) got two dates right and everything else was wrong? Remember that guy who predicted the trials of Mana spirit event and also said that we were going to get a LOL rep as fp7 and a Deus spirit event? Remember that guy who predicted Atelier Ryza 2 and said that we were going to get Ryza as fp7 and Disney+ on switch?

EDIT: My point is that we shouldn't always trust leakers because they got only one thing right because it could just be a coincidence.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, remember how Hotgirlvideos (or whatever she was called) got two dates right and everything else was wrong? Remember that guy who predicted the trials of Mana spirit event and also said that we were going to get a LOL rep as fp7 and a Deus spirit event? Remember that guy who predicted Atelier Ryza 2 and said that we were going to get Ryza as fp7 and Disney+ on switch?

So this guy got ONE thing right and we already have to believe him? And now that he has some attention he's already saying that he is going to share info about the next Smash rep, this guy seems like a typical 4chan "dude trust me" leaker.
I did not say you had to believe him. Maybe it was my mistake to bring it up, but I did not know he had one thing right only. Perhaps we should ignore this?

7NATOR

Smash Master

So this guy got ONE thing right and we already have to believe him? And now that he has some attention he's already saying that he is going to share info about the next Smash rep, this guy seems like a typical 4chan "dude trust me" leaker.
If we're thinking of the same 4Chan post, the guy never said League of Legends would be Fp7, and I don't think a Deus Spirit event was mentioned

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
I did not say you had to believe him. Maybe it was my mistake to bring it up, but I did not know he had one thing right only. Perhaps we should ignore this?
Oh no, sorry, that's not what I mean. What I was trying to say it's that we shouldn't trust this guy until he gets more things right. It's not bad to bring these things up.

If we're thinking of the same 4Chan post, the guy never said League of Legends would be Fp7, and I don't think a Deus Spirit event was mentioned
Yeah, my bad, he wasn't who predicted the Deus spirit event, but he was who predicted the LOL rep:

Screenshot_20200730-213400_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
How sad (and a bit of poetic karma) that Gameexplain has had more Nintendo related videos from this leak in the past week alone than videos based on actual Nintendo news from this year.

Its the silence that's damning Nintendo, not the lack of games or the expected delays. And like in Phoenix Wright, how many times were the witnesses being a headache and dialogs pointlessly dragged out not because of their secret but because they weren't saying anything.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I kinda feel like if it turns out that all of the things insiders thought were going to happen was all just false information Nintendo was feeding them, it's going to be much worse for Nintendo in the end, more than anyone else. That kind of strategy would literally amount to nothing more than, "Aha! We exposed you by making you and everyone you talked to think that we had a ton of great things planned, when in reality we have nothing!"

D

Deleted member

View attachment 280562

I totally forgot the claims about a direct at the beginning, but now I'm remembering a rather notable one from Zippo "Two Directs in February" Man. I accuse people of brushing blunders under the rug, but I suppose that I'm complicit in it since I don't keep a running log of every time someone blows a prediction.

Sony 2021: "This year we going to kick things off with a bang with 15 new AAA releases!"

Microsoft 2021: "Now that the pandemic is winding down, Halo DLC is on the way!"

Nintendo 2021: "Due to the outbreak of the common cold we will be sitting on our asses indefinitely. Send your money now!"
The year is 2021. Video games cost $70 a pop for the PS5 and Xbox Fridge because people will indeed eat that **** up. Nintendo, however, has not produced a game since July of 2020. They have opened a GoFundMe with the promise of delivering games in 2022 as long as they meet their $10,000,000 goal.

I kinda feel like if it turns out that all of the things insiders thought were going to happen was all just false information Nintendo was feeding them, it's going to be much worse for Nintendo in the end, more than anyone else. That kind of strategy would literally amount to nothing more than, "Aha! We exposed you by making you and everyone you talked to think that we had a ton of great things planned, when in reality we have nothing!"
It's probably par for the course, but Nintendo did enumerate in their end of fiscal year report that they would take appropriate actions to stop leaks of customer information as well as secret business information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The other problem is that this isn't one or two things being used as leakbait. Many insiders have indicated many different games and plans that's enough to fill an entire year. If all if this was leakbait, then its too diluted to accurately narrow down who has a legit source in Nintendo that's leaking.

If they used the alphabet as pieces of information, but intentionally made J leakbait and to only some employees, then all they would need is to trace any leaker saying J and narrow down who in the company is spilling information. Instead, Nintendo could be claiming that A-Z is leakbait, which means everyone has it so they won't figure out who is really leaking, defeating the purpose of leakbaiting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the timing seems to imply LoL would be FP7, as FP6 (Min Min) was next in queue

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I do believe Nintendo has great things planned but predicting dates is a fool's errand. People chew my ass like bubble gum for it but I do strongly believe that sometimes it takes an annoying long amount of time for things to pan out. I know Covid-19 has made things extra ****y up yer butt with a rubber ducky but I think that's only part of it. Like I bemoaned a few weeks ago, unless you're literally on the development team of a game, you have no clue how far along plans are and, for all you know, you might have gotten information a year or even two early and I think that's where we're at for, well, a lot of things right now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess you could say, Nintendo, possibly by changing dates around, has ruined the credibility of some leakers, or is trying to.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Oh no, sorry, that's not what I mean. What I was trying to say it's that we shouldn't trust this guy until he gets more things right. It's not bad to bring these things up.

Yeah, my bad, he wasn't who predicted the Deus spirit event, but he was who predicted the LOL rep:

View attachment 280565
>tfw kayn main in LOL
>tfw think the idea of choosing between a fast and agile assassin character or a heavy bruiser demon mid match would be a fun af idea for a character for smash
>mfw I know it'll never happen they'll probably pick someone boring like Ahri or Garen

Feels bad fam
1592493978663.jpg

I don't know, a January Direct is looking likely right now...
At this point it may actually be that way with all these delays.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The madness and nuttyness this info draught has beckoned. We're coming up on August, the eight month of the year. What if they conveniently rescheduled the reveals for CPs 7 and 8 precisely for August because CP 8 specifically will be the Pass seller? And to add to the reason as to "why August?", well, it's one month away (and a few days) from Super Mario's 35th Anniversary. :nifty: I'ma take a break.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 280557
I mean games to look forward to =/= games sold. There’s no way Odyssey, Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Animal Crossing AREN’T sellin well. It’s just a shame we hardcore fans who’ve had these games for a while now have nothing to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom