• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope the direct is super early. I have a hyper long shift on Monday, so I can't enjoy it much later as is. Unless I need to call in sick, which is rare. Thankfully I should be able to watch it if it at least starts at 9AM my time(it's 12:30 AM right now for me). I can't remember times, but I think I'm in Central.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Ah. Apologies. I was never caught too much up to speed with Allen's sources after he decided to start sleeping with the "big ones." Most of the things I've heard about that circle since were from ex-FanGed staff who I honestly don't trust too much.

Yeah you can all thank sabi for that. It is indeed not from that person. I am just leaving my blessing here and wishing everyone good luck since FP7 is clearly close to reveal based on what we all know :) (amiibo dates and such)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
That's because twitter compression is awful. Did a post before with its true native size and it got jpeg'd to death.
I see. I don't have a twitter, but from what I've seen it can be pretty garbage when it comes to retaining quality.

Im impressed you were able to clean them up from that background LOL
It was actually pretty simple: Kolourpaint (the program I use) has this neat feature that lets you change color similarity for the program. Let's say you have two different shades of green and you color one red with the fill tool. If it's set to 0% similarity, only that specific hexidecimal shade of green will be changed. If you set color similarity to 30%, then if that shade is within a 30% similarity to the one you clicked, they'll both be filled in. The background of the image you posted was entirely green, so upping the color similarity made it trivial to remove it without affecting the sprites themselves, since Geno and Mallow don't use green in their palettes.

As for resizing it, this one took me a minute to figure out. Initially I tried counting the pixels of each sprite and scaling it down from my count, but that proved ineffective and unreliable. Eventually I noticed that the sprite's pixels tended to fluctuate between 3x3 and 4x4 in size. Once I had realized that, I went about manually removing 2 pixels from the 3x3s and 3 pixels from the 4x4s, first horizontally, then vertically. When brought together, it forms a nicely scaled sprite.

GenoScalingExample.png

Thank you for liking my work! The other renders like that one will be available when the animation is done.
No problem! Looking forward to it!

I base this on nothing but my gut, but I feel like the GameStop "leak" is extremely plausible, especially since the damage control is so suspicious.
Well to be fair, this exact same situation happened with Janemba for Dragon Ball FighterZ a while back, so it's totally possible.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Good evening everyone! coming in at an oddly late hour to wear myself out to go to sleep. Earlier, I listened to Spawn Cast ft. Nate Drake, and I have a bit more faith in this Direct coming to fruition very soon. Nate doubled down on Monday, with heavy hints of something being revealed tomorrow. On top of that, with pinshadow pinshadow 's seemingly solid pattern of general Directs getting announced the day before at 10 AM EST (The time Kelios specifically told us to look out for), our chances are looking good!

I still don't want to put the whole GameStop situation up as more than a miswording or misunderstanding, as I don't really hold GameStop to much credit to get correct info anyways. Hoping to wake up to an announcement tomorrow!

EDIT: a word, if i may
MegaCape.jpg

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Sleep well Nazyrus Nazyrus . I know i will as well...
32 hours to go and this happens, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've been all in for months now; there's evidence of that somewhere on this thread awhile back, but yeah, Geno's in guys. Either finally get on the hype train or get left at the station.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Alright.. I know this really doesn't look like much, but this is when he was unpainted and trust me, paint makes his details stand out so much better (I've already painted his body and hat and it really helps). For anyone wondering what the heck he is.. he's hot glue. When I make figures like this (and I've made a ton of them) I use hot glue as a raw material, and shape it with a wood burning tool with a pointy tip attached while regularly cooling and solidifying it in cold running water at the same time. One reason is that it's just relatively affordable and easy to work with, and another is that I'm a crazy girl who has her toys do full fight scenes and crash them around, and this material is rather flexible even after cooling, and can be repaired even if something happens. Now, even when painted, these things look a little.. bumpy, but that's just because of the way they're made and how I usually can't get it 100% the shape I want, just because of the material. What do you think, though? He's pretty small, just a couple inches. Whenever I post the finished version I'll have him pose with a Sonic figure for scale, I think.

geno figure 1.png

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, yeah. That’s enough for me tbh. I’m all in on Geno for #7. So many overlapping coincidences that they honestly should be adding up to something big. It better not be shadowdropped, because I need them reactions. I doubt it will, considering Smash in of itself is an event, so I’m confident it’ll be announced tomorrow as a regular direct, not mini or something similar. Also, hi for my monthly check in! Hope y’all are well as we’re potentially on Direct eve now.

Also, Cacomallow is real. That is all.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys! So uh, what’s going on? Some are freaking out as I can tell. Unless... Im starting to get an idea now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm not about to scour through the past 10 pages now, but I know I'll have a field day reading through them and the additional 257 ones that are sure to come. For now, given the past few happenings, combined with the ever increasing pile of evidence that's been steadily stacking up over the course of god knows how long, all I have to say is...

WE GOT THIS IN THE ****ING BAG, LADS!

Now have some music for the occasion:

if only there was a smrpg-styled remix of this song, wink wink nudge nudge

Griselda

Smash Lord
Griselda: Hey, look guys, I made a Geno.

Sakurai: Heh.. You call that a Geno? I'll show you a Geno..

T2by4

Smash Lord
View attachment 279172

My heart can't take this
EdFkrhGXYAAzOec.jpeg

Ya'll are getting me all worked up and little hype, but might I ask... Why? I don't know who this Nazyrus and Rummy is and why they're such a big deal. Nazy apparently had some info in the past, but who's Rummy and why is everyone freaking out? Someone help a new friend out, ya'll are killing me. I've lurked this thread for quite a while, and I don't recall ever seeing them before. What gives?

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
View attachment 279177

Ya'll are getting me all worked up and little hype, but might I ask... Why? I don't know who this Nazyrus and Rummy is and why they're such a big deal. Nazy apparently had some info in the past, but who's Rummy and why is everyone freaking out? Someone help a new friend out, ya'll are killing me. I've lurked this thread for quite a while, and I don't recall ever seieng them before. What gives?
I believe that Rummy, at least, helped deconfirn quite a few characters for #5 and got them all totally right. Through them, we learned that it wasn’t Capcom or Namco.

D

Deleted member

Didn't we just get to 120,000 replies a day ago and we have like 630 more replies the day later?

This thread moves so fast...

Also I can't wait for the direct. But I go by central time so I need to wake up before 9 am...oof...

T2by4

Smash Lord
I believe that Rummy, at least, helped deconfirn quite a few characters for #5 and got them all totally right. Through them, we learned that it wasn’t Capcom or Namco.
I mean I do find it odd that I've never seen them until now. Is that the significant takeaway we're supposed to make that because they've graced us that we're supposed to immediately take it as a sign? That's what I'm not getting. Have they not posted here before?

D

Deleted member

So he got legitimate info? Things are getting way too spicy. Oh man. It might legit happen.

D

Deleted member

Rummy and Nazyrus: "Time to sleep"

Everyone else: "CP7 confirmed"

Sorry I had to

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I mean I do find it odd that I've never seen them until now. Is that the significant takeaway we're supposed to make that because they've graced us that we're supposed to immediately take it as a sign? That's what I'm not getting. Have they not posted here before?
Nah, they’ve posted here a fair few times, all with info. Not especially frequently, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nazyrus Nazyrus and Rummy Rummy , I appreciate you all coming by.

To explain some history, both were in "Sabi's circle" along with me from November 2018 to November 2019. We can vouch for each other that we knew about Banjo weeks in advance last year and if they're both coming here with their own connections and networks and telling you all to be optimistic, I would definitely take it as a great sign. Both are great guys and I absolutely trust both of them.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So he got legitimate info? Things are getting way too spicy. Oh man. It might legit happen.
That's something I just noticed. People have been REAL quiet this time around. Sure, with before with Byleth and Min Min people were saying "oh it's not from this company, or this company" there's been a real noticable difference in this one. Nobody has said a THING about FP7 so far. No leakers have given out anything. Which may lead me to believe that either they know that if they give out any hints it'll be obvious who it is, or the ninteninja's were out for blood. As far I recall, square was incredibly upset about the Hero leak as they're extremely pubishing to those who leak info, so it could be possible this time around Square and Nintendo aren't messing around are willing to stomp anyone that tries it. But then again, if Nazy is hinting at Geno then I guess that blows that theory out. Who knows anymore.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Based on past precedent, Smash info tends to get spread through journalists/insiders a few days before announcements happen, likely through press releases or just contacts. It's why even though nobody knew or would say anything about Byleth for like two months it seemed like most people who would be in the know caught on right before the reveal, the closer you get the more stuff leaks out.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Nazyrus Nazyrus and Rummy Rummy , I appreciate you all coming by.

To explain some history, both were in "Sabi's circle" along with me from November 2018 to November 2019. We can vouch for each other that we knew about Banjo weeks in advance last and if they're both coming here with their own connections and networks and telling you all to be optimistic, I would definitely take it as a great sign. Both are great guys and I absolutely trust both of them.
1591906501575.gif

So wait, let me get this straight.

Based off your amiibo theory, the next ones up should be cloud and some mario characters, that's at least what I recall you saying, Gamestop did some MASSIVE damage control because they MAY have accidentally leaked Geno, two very prominent posters with insider information just posted in this thread and graced us with their presence a day and a half before the rumored direct, and, as a cherry on top, this is for Fighter# 77 Fighter Pass# 7...

Genobros... Is it officially /HAPPENING/?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom