• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
So, I just woke up from dreaming that I got super drunk and started hardcore flirting with Mimi from Super Paper Mario. She was three dimensional and her head was a cube, but I could feel the texture of her hair.

Please come back Geno, we're all losing it without you.
Don't worry, sometime last month I had a dream about a double smash reveal with Geno and RATATOULLIE as playable fighters. Idk what the heck was that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The character is... from a Mario RPG.
Character is neither Geno or Mallow. It´s booster
You didn't specific which Mario RPG. Therefore, it's Paper Toad, with his numerous and incredibly varied alternate costumes!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, besides Geno, this rumored 3D Mario Collection is something I have been heavily eager to see. I don't know if I told anyone this, but 3D Mario games are some of my all-time favorite video games, and to get these games all on the Switch and not having to dig up old game consoles AND to get these games with HD graphics, sounds absolutely amazing.

Griselda

Smash Lord
On another note, do you guys want me to take in-progress pictures of the Geno figure? I'm gonna paint him today, in just a little while. His cape is gonna be actual cloth, so that'll take longer.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Another reason for Terry's inclusion was also the fact Fatal Fury/King of Fighters is what inspired Smash based on gameplay such as shield attacks. Kinda surprising it took Terry this long to get in.
Honestly, I'm surprised that for a fighting game there hasn't been a lot of 'fighter' characters. As of Ultimate there's Lucario, Little Mac, Mii Brawler, Ryu, Ken, Terry and Min Min. (And I guess technically Incenaroar since his style is like a fighter even though he's a Fire/Dark type & if you want to count Pikachu's Libre costume as a seperate character)

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
i am fighting a big black cockroach now in my room what special move should i use? :teeth:
EDIT: it walked on my VR headset!
We should make this like our thing here: helpful advice from the Geno thread!

Use the special move: brutal honesty. Write it a letter respectfully explaining how disgusted...er I mean disgruntled you are. It may hurt it's feelings, but in the end it will understand and move on with life.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, besides Geno, this rumored 3D Mario Collection is something I have been heavily eager to see. I don't know if I told anyone this, but 3D Mario games are some of my all-time favorite video games, and to get these games all on the Switch and not having to dig up old game consoles AND to get these games with HD graphics, sounds absolutely amazing.
I hear ya. I'm a 90's kid so I was there from the start with Super Mario 64. Of the rumored selections, Super Mario Sunshine had been my favorite & I've been having a nostalgia kick to play it so a potential Switch port would do me so well!

Off topic but speaking of ports, has anyone else played the port of Star Wars Episode 1 Racer? Don't know if it's just me, but the port seems to control much better than the N64 one.

T2by4

Smash Lord
It's Geno, but its literally the star. The Geno doll is not in Smash.
It's geno, but every time he lands an attack, the screen immediately puts up a random clip of a cutaway gag from the family guy funny moments playlist on youtube.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
It's geno, but every time he lands an attack, the screen immediately puts up a random clip of a cutaway gag from the family guy funny moments playlist on youtube.
It's Geno, but every time he gets hit, a dismissive post about how he doesn't deserve to be in smash flies across the background like the Miiverse stage.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It's Geno, but every time he gets hit, a dismissive post about how he doesn't deserve to be in smash flies across the background like the Miiverse stage.
It's Geno, but not really; It's actually papagenos papagenos , who ended up accidentally taking Geno's place while joining Smash in order to find Geno. Oh! Tragic Irony.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
What's the derogatory insult people are gonna come up with for Geno if he gets revealed? Cereal Mascot I don't think is gonna catch on again. Pinocchio I could see but is a little bland.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
What's the derogatory insult people are gonna come up with for Geno if he gets revealed? Cereal Mascot I don't think is gonna catch on again. Pinocchio I could see but is a little bland.
Cereal Mascot doesn't really work anymore when we already have ol' Tony the Tiger as fighter #69.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
geno, but he has actualy been in smash the entire time, possesing sandbag, due to a lack of other options
It’s Geno, but "Every time we touch I get this feeling. And every time we kiss I swear I can fly!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Geno gets revealed, I understand why people would get salty. They wonder why a “one off side character” gets in over other Mario and Square reps taking a slot. Let the salt flow. No matter what character gets in, it will be disappointing to some people. I doubt Geno will get heavy backlash compared Byleth. I think a decent portion of Geno haters will be silenced and trolls will move on the next highly requested characters. We wouldn’t even care if people come up with insults. We would be too busy celebrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm sure they will call him the traditional "literal who" but I also think they will start to call him "gun pinocchio".

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Guys so I'm listening to the Spawn Cast live right now and Nate is on there (and obviously he is credible) and he reiterated some details. Since it is live I don't have timestamps but I wouldn't lie to the thread so just take my word for it unless you want to watch it for yourself.

Nate reiterates that people need to stop asking for assurance and that July 20th is likely the day.

Someone mentioned that the general mindset of people is that the Direct will be a mini and Nate immediately said "Who says it is a Mini?"

Someone tried to ask for an air time and he heavily hinted it is in the morning. He said that Nintendo could possibly announce it on Sunday night to generate hype, but they could very well just drop it suddenly Monday.

He said it will likely be Mario focused for a chunk, but it won't be all Mario.

He hinted at another one of the Twitter accounts possibly being real (aside from the Mario 35th one)

...and interestingly, he predicted the very same random prediction Jon Cartwright said today on GameXplain: Samus Returns on Switch possibly. Nate was possibly being facetious/joking, but this seems like a random Metroid port prediction to just be nothing (maybe this is a roundabout hint at the new 2D Metroid game?)

He says to keep expectations realistic.

And the last thing he predicted was that Nintendo fans won't keep their expectations in check.

(He didn't mention Smash to shoot it down or to bring it up. So he has said nothing as far as that goes.)

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
If Geno gets revealed, I understand why people would get salty. They wonder why a “one off side character” gets in over other Mario and Square reps taking a slot. Let the salt flow. No matter what character gets in, they will be disappointment for some people. I doubt Geno will get heavy backlash compared Byleth. I think a decent portion of Geno haters will be silenced and trolls will move on the next highly requested characters. We wouldn’t even care if people come up with insults. We would be too busy celebrating.
Can confirm, I was one of the few people who was really happy to see Byleth and the (understandable) hate hasn't detracted from my enjoyment.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
So on Spawn wave podcast, Nate basically hard confirmed the 20th and implied it won't be mini. Looks like it's time
Do you have a link? Big If True
If Geno gets revealed, I understand why people would get salty. They wonder why a “one off side character” gets in over other Mario and Square reps taking a slot. Let the salt flow. No matter what character gets in, they will be disappointment for some people. I doubt Geno will get heavy backlash compared Byleth. I think a decent portion of Geno haters will be silenced and trolls will move on the next highly requested characters. We wouldn’t even care if people come up with insults. We would be too busy celebrating.
Yeah, i know. They will attack characters like Lloyd, Rayman, DoomSlayer, Crash, Sora, Rex, Isaac or Waluigi

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
New PapaGenos video
20200718_225536.jpg

https://youtu.be/Lz-vecyjCxk

(If anyone is interested in listening to where I got Nate from Spawn Wave's predictions from, I'll post the link with the timestamp when it is posted. Some pretty interesting stuff if you didn't read my last post above.)

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
So on Spawn wave podcast, Nate basically hard confirmed the 20th and implied it won't be mini. Looks like it's time
The way I see it, the 20th will generate 2 reactions regarding Smash and/or Geno.

It's either gonna be this:
Yes.jpg

Or this:
hqdefault.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do you have a link? Big If True

Yeah, i know. They will attack characters like Lloyd, Rayman, DoomSlayer, Crash, Sora, Rex, Isaac or Waluigi
I hope no one attacks sora. I want to be able to enjoy a character without salty ass mother****ers ******** unlike with Byleth where I couldnt even.enjoy him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom