• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So I've had several interactions about Geno getting into Smash, and I've heard the same statement several times. "Oh people just want Geno because he's an edgy cool character."
I uh... I don't know if I missed something on my many replays of Super Mario RPG, but I've never seen Geno as "edgy." Like at all.
I really hope I'm not alone on that one.
The first thing Geno does is trip and bumps his head on some stairs. That is the least edgy thing I have ever seen lol

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
> geno, an "irrelevant" one-off character from a 1996 spin-off game is right behind crash and above notable characters like sora, master chief, waluigi and the ****ing doomslayer

"b-but... people are just bandwagoning ! anyway, ****ty irrelevant mage pinocchio will never get in ! why ? uhm... b-because i said so !"

(i hope someone prepared a compilation video of geno's detractors and is ready to release it in the near future)​
Believe me, BestGuyEver is already on the case.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Believe me, BestGuyEver is already on the case.

who is this guy ?

Geno rolls up in his Lambo with his crew and shoots Smithy in his dumb ****ing face with his Desert Eagles.
: yo smithy ! your wish was to conquer the world ? you should conquer your mother then, i saw her and i can assure you, she's as large as the world !

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
who is this guy ?

: yo smithy ! your wish was to conquer the world ? you should conquer your mother then, i saw her and i can assure you, she's as large as the world !
Best Guy Ever is a YouTube channel that has done celebration videos for certain Smash newcomers. Not only are they really well edited and include comprehensive histories of their respective fanbases but they also hard drag the biggest detractors of those characters literally by name. Best Guy Ever pulls no punches; he hard dunks on character haters and let's just say that he has A LOT of material to work with.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
who is this guy ?
He's the guy who makes the "Smash Confirmed" videos, a meme compilation going through a character's history of getting into Smash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGanS65NMc

They're pretty fun and rewatchable videos.

Best Guy Ever is a YouTube channel that has done celebration videos for certain Smash newcomers. Not only are they really well edited and include comprehensive histories of their respective fanbases but they also hard drag the biggest detractors of those characters literally by name. Best Guy Ever pulls no punches; he hard dunks on character haters and let's just say that he has A LOT of material to work with.
And I have to say, his music choice is pretty top tier for all the videos he's made so far. Not just in being catchy, but being thematically relevent.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
who is this guy ?
The guy who made these celebratory videos for long-time fan favorites.

Honestly these are his only great ones. The Simon one is fine but lacks impact, Sans is really lackluster, Banjo came too late (not just because he got hacked for the whole duration) and the song isn't very good, and the Isabelle one was pretty much done as a joke. Also he has a terrible record with trying to guess what videos he'll do next (teased Geno getting one after K. Rool, he didn't get in base game. Teased his guess for Reimu as Fighter 5, she never happened (here's to hoping she does).

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings
There’s this girl on Twitter that’s stated 4 dates and 2 of them had announcements on them.

The first announcement was paper mario and the next announcement date was the arms presentation announcement. There’s still 2 more so I wonder what that’s gonna be for. It’s got to be something big. I saw it through papagenos as he commented on it and the girl commented back on the post and said this week was gonna be huge and fun. Apparently she’s a leaker and not some person who got lucky.

the dates she put were

6/12 (Paper mario trailer drop)
6/19 (arms presentation announcement)
7/6 ???
7/14 ???
I tried to search this on advanced search, and nothing came up, whatsoever.

Unless it was deleted, its 100% fake.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Personally, I hope it is Spring Man, and other characters as alts so we can lay the Spirits and Assist Trophies thing to rest, finally. I wonder what the detractors who say that will do to try to replace it if that were to happen?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Honestly these are his only great ones. The Simon one is fine but lacks impact, Sans is really lackluster, Banjo came too late (not just because he got hacked for the whole duration) and the song isn't very good, and the Isabelle one was pretty much done as a joke. Also he has a terrible record with trying to guess what videos he'll do next (teased Geno getting one after K. Rool, he didn't get in base game. Teased his guess for Reimu as Fighter 5, she never happened (here's to hoping she does).
You're not wrong lol. I wouldn't say the Simon one is bad. It just feels stuffed with underwhelming memes.

He's also a Geno supporter which helps.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I tried to search this on advanced search, and nothing came up, whatsoever.

Unless it was deleted, its 100% fake.
What did you try searching for? Did you see this?

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
oh okay, i wasn't aware of who this guy was since i don't follow a lot of english (smash) youtube channels

so he makes videos about the dream/impossible characters finally getting in while mocking the dumb haters who kept dissing them... THAT'S PERFECT !! his videos are probably so satisfying to watch, especially those with banjo kazooie and ridley because of how haters were ****ting on them
the geno one is certainly going to be very interesting as well (assuming he's in, which is the case)

Last edited:

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings
What did you try searching for? Did you see this?

I searched “612” on advanced search.

Absolutely nothing. Unless I’m doing something wrong.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I honestly think Geno's costume will return alongside playable Geno. K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle's costumes returned during base game so I don't see why they wouldn't for Geno. It's very possible we could get the Mii costume back as well as playable Geno.
I want the Geno trailer to have a moment where he's posing/taunting next to both Mega Man and a Mii Gunner wearing the Geno costume.

> geno, an "irrelevant" one-off character from a 1996 spin-off game is right behind crash and above notable characters like sora, master chief, waluigi and the ****ing doomslayer

"b-but... people are just bandwagoning ! anyway, ****ty irrelevant mage pinocchio will never get in ! why ? uhm... b-because i said so !"

(i hope someone prepared a compilation video of geno's detractors and is ready to release it in the near future)​
I love that image. It looks like the Geno doll was possessed not by a star spirit, but by the spirit of Tommy Lee Jones.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Geno fans when Sakurai includes a character as DLC who was previously a Spirit
IMG_20200131_000931.jpg

*Geno detractors when Sakurai shows that Spirits don't mean an automatic deconfirmation
IMG_20200130_172736.jpg

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Since Bayonetta had that glitching stuff recently (who people suspect could be a base for someone like Min Min) who would we expect to be glitching out during Geno's development? My best guess is to look out for Mega Man in the next few months to see if he causes any glitches. I'd imagine that if they were to use anyone as a base model, it'd be Mega Man. Either that or Mii Gunner. Pretty much anyone with a lot of projectiles / stocky build tbh.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
It's now being hard implied by a ton of insiders that not only is the ARMS character an upgrade but it's probably Min Min. Our grandchildren will ask us "Where were you when "spirits deconfirm" died?"
And I shall tell them that I was in my pajamas with the presentation playing on my YouTube app on the Switch.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Imran.jpg

Imran's thoughts on how this Fighter's Pass will go.

He pretty much states that he thinks that this pass will primarily be a first party dominated one, with maybe 1-2 third party characters. It's much easier to get 1st party characters and keep them around for future titles, not to mention advertising Nintendo properties increases value for those properties.

I don't think he's trying to leak anything here, but I do think that Imran knows a lot about the background of Smash DLC. Maybe this conclusion is supported by what he's hearing? He did know that FP 2 was greenlit around E3 2019, and that Terry's remixes were going to be amazing from what he'd heard back in September.

I'm already of the belief that getting ARMS first meant that this pass would likely have multiple 1st party characters, I was leaning towards 3-4 and Imran's words make me more confident in that. As for my guess, it'll end up being ARMS, Rex, Geno, Isaac, Rayman, and a Toxtricity/Urshifu. I don't expect we'll get both Geno and Waluigi, 2 Mario reps in the exact same pass make little sense. I feel pretty confident on Rex. Isaac, and a Pokemon make a lot of sense in terms of 1st party characters, but I'm not super confident in them. Geno and Rayman feel like pretty likely 3rd parties (but I could see neither of them making it in, there are others like Bandai Namco for example that make a lot of sense).

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Since Bayonetta had that glitching stuff recently (who people suspect could be a base for someone like Min Min) who would we expect to be glitching out during Geno's development? My best guess is to look out for Mega Man in the next few months to see if he causes any glitches. I'd imagine that if they were to use anyone as a base model, it'd be Mega Man. Either that or Mii Gunner. Pretty much anyone with a lot of projectiles / stocky build tbh.
apparently, sheik's side-b in the wol is glitched cuz her grenade doesn't explode when you throw it. idk if it means anything but sheik represents geno in the spirit board and the glitched side-b could be a base for a timed hit mechanic (geno whirl)

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I think if Geno is gonna use any characters as a base model... I think he'd actually use Mario, at least for his size and proportions. The artwork and sprites from Super Mario RPG imply that he's around the same size, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case with Smash.

He could use Mario for size, proportions, and some physical attacks, while also pulling from Mega Man and Mii Gunner for ranged attacks.

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 275454

He pretty much states that he thinks that this pass will primarily be a first party dominated one, with maybe 1-2 third party characters. It's much easier to get 1st party characters and keep them around for future titles, not to mention advertising Nintendo properties increases value for those properties.

I don't think he's trying to leak anything here, but I do think that Imran knows a lot about the background of Smash DLC. Maybe this conclusion is supported by what he's hearing? He did know that FP 2 was greenlit around E3 2019, and that Terry's remixes were going to be amazing from what he'd heard back in September.

I'm already of the belief that getting ARMS first meant that this pass would likely have multiple 1st party characters, I was leaning towards 3-4 and Imran's words make me more confident in that. As for my guess, it'll end up being ARMS, Rex, Geno, Isaac, Rayman, and a Toxtricity/Urshifu. I don't expect we'll get both Geno and Waluigi, 2 Mario reps in the exact same pass make little sense. I feel pretty confident on Rex. Isaac, and a Pokemon make a lot of sense in terms of 1st party characters, but I'm not super confident in them. Geno and Rayman feel like pretty likely 3rd parties (but I could see neither of them making it in, there are others like Bandai Namco for example that make a lot of sense).
Ngl, this makes me feel better about the potential direction of this pass. Seems like his comments from a few months back were just speculation.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's now being hard implied by a ton of insiders that not only is the ARMS character an upgrade but it's probably Min Min. Our grandchildren will ask us "Where were you when "spirits deconfirm" died?"
If they do somehow avoid Springman, that would definitely imply something when it comes to assist upgrades. You can't really avoid the mascot unless it was for their presence in the game already. I wouldn't really speculate about the idea of ARMS changing mascots as speculating about stuff that doesn't even exist is quite close to 'anything can happen' aka an excuse just to make a character seem more likely due to the lack of better arguments and an off the wall pick added just for the surprise doesn't seem likely for DLC.

On the flip side it means good for Geno as it would mean they didn't completely discount characters based on ANY form of represented that's cool.

Either way it's hard to find a reality where spirits and assist are excluded just because of representation.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I searched “612” on advanced search.

Absolutely nothing. Unless I’m doing something wrong.
That's one way to do it. Did you do something like 6/12. or something along those lines?
I checked her account, there is no tweet on her account before June 7th. I think the dates tweet was on a deleted account, as suggested by the wording of this tweet.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't think the dates tweet is photoshopped, because it's such a random, tiny account with barely any followerbase to make a fake post for.

Primarily first party feels like such a gray timeline. There's really nothing exciting or disappointing about it, after just how extensive the first pass's quality picks were. Having primarily first parties feels like a big step down, especially with how "bottom of the barrel" some picks like a Shillmon and Paper Mario are. If we wanna talk about making some interesting first party picks that are fan favorites I think people are sleeping on Professor Layton.
I definitely agree with Geno, Rayman and Rex, Buuuuuut

- There's been so much going on with Crash that I feel like he's inevitable.
- We still don't know what the ground rules for upgrades are. Maybe Spirits are the extent of it, so we may not get picks like Isaac or some other assist trophy.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I get the feeling at most. 1/3 of the pass will be first party reps. Bandai Namco I doubt would be that costly to get another of their characters for, so I'm thinking the other 4 are 3rd party picks

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If they do somehow avoid Springman, that would definitely imply something when it comes to assist upgrades. You can't really avoid the mascot unless it was for their presence in the game already. I wouldn't really speculate about the idea of ARMS changing mascots as speculating about stuff that doesn't even exist is quite close to 'anything can happen' aka an excuse just to make a character seem more likely due to the lack of better arguments and an off the wall pick added just for the surprise doesn't seem likely for DLC.
Or they have someone else in mind to shatter that barrier.

c11.png

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Next week is gonna be crazy. A fan rule could potentially die Monday and that is wild. I hope if it is Min Min that the next fighter gets revealed sooner rather than later. Because speculation could SKY ROCKET into overdrive.

EDIT: The Shiek glitch in WoL has always been interesting to me. I mained Sheik for a good chunk of WoL when the game released and never noticed that. Still hoping for Geno.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I checked her account, there is no tweet on her account before June 7th. I think the dates tweet was on a deleted account, as suggested by the wording of this tweet.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't think the dates tweet is photoshopped, because it's such a random, tiny account with barely any followerbase to make a fake post for.
I don't think the dates are photoshopped, too. Still, I saw it wasn't on their Twitter account, and that is kinda odd. Anyone have thoughts about this, whether this is real or fake?

EDIT: I mean, this is a second account of theirs. We just don't know what happened to it.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord

I can't really see us getting both Geno and Waluigi in the same fighter pass. Maybe if one of them is a "bonus" like you've said in the past, but currently with 5 DLC slots remaining and no bonuses confirmed, I can't see 2 of them ending up as being Mario reps. I do think it's pretty likely we get 1, and personally I lean more towards Geno then Waluigi.

I don't think the dates are photoshopped, too. Still, I saw it wasn't on their Twitter account, and that is kinda odd. Anyone have thoughts about this, whether this is real or fake?
I took this from his twitter, and I just checked and it's still there. It's in a thread so not all tweets are available unless you click the twitter thread.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

That depends if Nintendo actually pays attention to speculation and would actually hold off on adding an assist and decide to include someone else who would probably be more meaningful in the long run when it comes to shattering the supposed rule which admittedly isn't too likely.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't really see us getting both Geno and Waluigi in the same fighter pass. Maybe if one of them is a "bonus" like you've said in the past, but currently with 5 DLC slots remaining and no bonuses confirmed, I can't see 2 of them ending up as being Mario reps. I do think it's pretty likely we get 1, and personally I lean more towards Geno then Waluigi.

I took this from his twitter, and I just checked and it's still there. It's in a thread so not all tweets are available unless you click the twitter thread.
Well, there was another account, I forgot to say, perhaps, which seems to be gone by now. Still, by what you are saying, would that be a good thing for those dates possibly being real or the opposite. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom