• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
North Alabama here.

I am glad that we are getting a character reveal, but I am actually a bit more excited to see the Mii costumes, just because of what they could mean for other characters.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
México
Which mii costume do you think will be revealed on Monday?
I think Pack #6 it's a good opportunity for that "Nintendo Deluxe Costume" to be released.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Not posting stuff here but Crash 4 footage/images are leaking online in-case you were curious/trying to avoid spoilers.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Terrifying theory is that we’re going to be excited that the Arms character confirms spirit promotions, but Geno’s Mii costume is also returning.
I have more faith in a playable Geno coming than the Mii costume coming back. Because if the costume was coming back I feel like we would have seen it in Season Pass 1 in Hero's pack.

On the topic of Oban, take a look at Direct history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

You'll notice that they may do small presentations at the beginning of July or August but they've never had a massive blow out of news in either month.
Well the Smash Direct that revealed Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool was in August.

Guys just a random question, probably off topic but it’s just Geno related anyway. Where are you the majority from? USA? Just wonder where is the most Geno fanbase.

Im from Santiago, Chile. As you know, one of the old school guys from 1990.
I don't even need to mention that I am from Houston, Texas since you can see that in my profile.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, I had (am having) a terrible day as usual, but on the other hand I also managed to replay SMRPG through to the part where Geno awakens. ..And in the process I had the thought that Bandit's Way -> Kero Sewers is almost like the ground-underground pattern in world 1-1 and 1-2 in SMB. And also that I wouldn't get rid of Belome, but I feel like with all of the pipes in Kero Sewers, maybe Megasmilax would've been a more fitting boss there.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
*pokes her head in*

Heeeeeeeeeey It's been awhile huh? Not sure how many people remember me ahahahaha

Don't expect this to be a full return or anything. Just checking in to make sure you all haven't gone insane. I've basically quit smash speculation and let me tell ya it's done wonders for my mental health. But yeah. Hopefully Monday doesn't show a Geno costume and all that.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Guys just a random question, probably off topic but it’s just Geno related anyway. Where are you the majority from? USA? Just wonder where is the most Geno fanbase.

Mexico. Those who are getting their hopes up for a SURPRISE reveal in the arms character, really should watch Terry´s direct. That was a hard thing to stomach.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to get over the shock that we'll have waited 5 months for a single reveal, and it's gonna be solo Spring Man, after 3 months of "WHO IS THE ARMS REP TEEHEE" from Nintendo. I'm really not expecting Hero-style at this point, but it'd be awesome to see it.

The only thing I'm even remotely interested in seeing at this point is a Cacodemon Mii hat. If we can at least get that, then GG, that's nearly as good as a double reveal to me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
QQS QQS

The Great/Grate State of Missouri.

I'm backing off a second Smash announcement this week but I still feel like something significant is going to be announced on Thursday. If not a presentation, then at least a major game announcement or two. We have a good number of people saying the Metroid announcement is supposed to be "soon" and that could fit the descriptor of everything.

Another thought that someone brought up on Star Road last night. What if Heihachi's upcoming guest appearance is Smash... But it's a Mii costume? We know that because of Power of Six that Heihachi was likely supposed to come back with Terry because it fits the fighting game theme. ARMS is technically a 3D fighting game like Tekken and we've only seen Smash 4 Mii costumes return in pairs so maybe Gil and Lloyd are being saved for later? We'll see...

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Guys what are the chances that they are trolling us and the ARMS reveal indeed will have another fighter reveal? Have that happened before? I mean, that Nintendo says “only X will be shown” and they show Y also.

Or it’s happening in July? If that’s the case, of course I’m Okay cause also it’s my birthday week and would love to see our boy there! He is happening I swear. (Not with Arms, but in July).
Quite slim probably 0 but....... they could drop a separate trailer for character 7 after the presentation. We could get the presentation and then a few minutes later they drop the trailer or drop an announcement trailer for when to expect news. They just said “don’t expect fighter character 7 in the arms presentation” which implies they could still drop it in the same day. I don’t have high hopes but it’s just something that could happen if we’re lucky

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What if Heihachi's upcoming guest appearance is Smash... But it's a Mii costume?
Would this be a "RIP Lloyd/Namco" situation? Seems odd to bring him as a Mii costume but not in a Namco fighter's pack (which is why I really think Rayman isn't coming).

Nicnac

Smash Ace
- Smite mid-season content reveal with new skins, map and balance changes, the Ares remodel and possibly a look at the Ratatoskr rework.
Ares is getting a remodel? That's sick, he kind of needed it. Hopefully Sobek gets one next, he looks like a PS2 character.
*pokes her head in*

Heeeeeeeeeey It's been awhile huh? Not sure how many people remember me ahahahaha

Don't expect this to be a full return or anything. Just checking in to make sure you all haven't gone insane. I've basically quit smash speculation and let me tell ya it's done wonders for my mental health. But yeah. Hopefully Monday doesn't show a Geno costume and all that.
Good to see you again, and glad to hear you're doing better than when you left. I don't think you're alone in quitting Smash speculation, especially if Geno gets revealed- he's the last guy for a lot of people in here.

Atlanta *****.

EDIT: Aw **** I was actually born in Texas. I keep forgetting because my family moved out of there pretty quick,

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Ares is getting a remodel? That's sick, he kind of needed it. Hopefully Sobek gets one next, he looks like a PS2 character.
They did say they were looking into doing remodels for Sobek, Anhur, Cupid and Apollo.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
welp looks were going to have to wait a little longer but I'm pretty numb at this point so idrc. Nintendo dropping it 3 days in advance is pretty crazy though must be a new record lol.

Also these developments are nice and all but I don't see how nate's comment really tells us anything. Even throwing out ninjara you could still argure uncertainty between springman and max brass. If the comment was actually meant to really mean anything I'd say it points to the composite character idea since that would require using both and thus be the only one with zero ambiguity.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
welp looks were going to have to wait a little longer but I'm pretty numb at this point so idrc. Nintendo dropping it 3 days in advance is pretty crazy though must be a new record lol.

Also these developments are nice and all but I don't see how nate's comment really tells us anything. Even throwing out ninjara you could still argure uncertainty between springman and max brass. If the comment was actually meant to really mean anything I'd say it points to the composite character idea since that would require using both and thus be the only one with zero ambiguity.
Well, knowing that we are getting the Arms rep presentation in two days is better than being left in the dark about it. I was about to leave for half a year if we didn't get that announcement this month. My patience has grown thin for the drought gaps between DLC announcements.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The more I think about it, the more I think we could very well could get an announcement of an announcement for the reveal of CP7. I have no doubt in my mind that CP7 would have been shown off at Nintendo's E3 Direct, but with the pandemic, it kinda threw a wrench in to things. Nintendo has been kinda weird with announcements lately, and I think they could very well pull a Pokemon and announce another presentation revealing CP7 and maybe even CP8.

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
Guys what are the chances that they are trolling us and the ARMS reveal indeed will have another fighter reveal? Have that happened before? I mean, that Nintendo says “only X will be shown” and they show Y also.

Or it’s happening in July? If that’s the case, of course I’m Okay cause also it’s my birthday week and would love to see our boy there! He is happening I swear. (Not with Arms, but in July).
You're believing too much, DONT

Hope is nice and all but you're clearly hoping for something that could NEVER happen

Firox

Smash Master
Welp, Genobros, in a few short hours I'll be competing in the Smash Bros Online Open 2020 Tournament and I'm going to be flying the flag of Geno all the way. Wish me luck!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Would this be a "RIP Lloyd/Namco" situation? Seems odd to bring him as a Mii costume but not in a Namco fighter's pack (which is why I really think Rayman isn't coming).
No, actually the opposite. Like I said, all the Smash 4 Mii costumes have returned in pairs so far but Namco is a weird situation because it has three: Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil. My original theory was that these three Mii costumes would simply return together with the Namco rep but I've actually kind of have had an epiphany.

-7 Mii costumes.

-3 returning companies (Square, Namco, and Capcom)

-If they keep the pair thing going, there's an odd one out and it's Heihachi because Lloyd and Gil are both swordsmen.

-If Heihachi comes back with ARMS, this heavily supports my theory that 2 of the 6 packs are new, probably Western, companies.

-Heihachi's Mii costume was originally supposed to be part of a fighting game pack anyways and they may have stuck with this plan.

MattX20

Smash Hero
No, actually the opposite. Like I said, all the Smash 4 Mii costumes have returned in pairs so far but Namco is a weird situation because it has three: Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil. My original theory was that these three Mii costumes would simply return together with the Namco rep but I've actually kind of have had an epiphany.

-7 Mii costumes.

-If they keep the pair thing going, there's an odd one out and it's Heihachi because Lloyd and Gil are both swordsmen.

-If Heihachi comes back with ARMS, this heavily supports my theory that 2 of the 6 packs are new, probably Western, companies.

-Heihachi's Mii costume was originally supposed to be part of a fighting game pack anyways and they may have stuck with this plan.
I'm thinking Heihachi is probably just going to be a Mii Costume again. The whole thing about Heihachi being a guest fighter to me implies it's going to be for KOF XV as a favor for allowing Geese in Tekken. Geno's Mii Costume though I don't think will return if he's upgraded to playable character status

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm thinking Heihachi is probably just going to be a Mii Costume again. The whole thing about Heihachi being a guest fighter to me implies it's going to be for KOF XV as a favor for allowing Geese in Tekken. Geno's Mii Costume though I don't think will return if he's upgraded to playable character status
I honestly think Geno's costume will return alongside playable Geno. K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle's costumes returned during base game so I don't see why they wouldn't for Geno. It's very possible we could get the Mii costume back as well as playable Geno.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman

-7 Mii costumes.

Other possibility: if Lloyd is back, and they want to keep the pair thing going, then they can put Heihachi and Gil together as a Namco pair (Lloyd costume is not needed since he is a full-fletched character in this situation). Same for Heihachi if he is the character.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
The whole thing about Heihachi being a guest fighter to me implies it's going to be for KOF XV as a favor for allowing Geese in Tekken.
I really doubt this. Trust me, as someone that's very familiar with Tekken and KOF.
Mainline KOF games have never added non-SNK characters. Hell, I think KOF All Star is the only time the series has done such extensive crossovers (Tekken, Gintama, WWE).
Geese shouldn't get special treatment for being a guest in Tekken 7, whereas Capcom wouldn't get anything for Akuma, Square wouldn't get anything for Noctis, and AMC wouldn't get anything for Negan.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I really doubt this. Trust me, as someone that's very familiar with Tekken and KOF.
Mainline KOF games have never added non-SNK characters. Hell, I think KOF All Star is the only time the series has done such extensive crossovers (Tekken, Gintama, WWE).
Geese shouldn't get special treatment for being a guest in Tekken 7, whereas Capcom wouldn't get anything for Akuma, Square wouldn't get anything for Noctis, and AMC wouldn't get anything for Negan.
There's always a first time, we can't say it's impossible

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

-7 Mii costumes.

I think it's kind of funny how Mii's are giving us far more points of speculation than characters do these days. At least the costumes give us a pretty broad process of elimination.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As you all know, Crash 4 has leaked. I'm not going to go into the details to avoid spoilers but it just adds to the pile that Activision sucks at keeping secrets and that literally everything involving the Crash series has leaked since 2017. After both the mobile game and Crash 4 have leaked this year alone, my doubts of documents leaking detailing Crash eventually coming to Smash are microscopic. Once Crash 4 is formally revealed, I'll go into why certain details that have come out bode really well for it too.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
There's always a first time, we can't say it's impossible
Look at it this way: KOF's roster has always been made out of teams. There are always 3 characters in each team. Let's use an example with a character you're familiar with, Terry Bogard. In KOFXIV, Terry Bogard is part of the Fatal Fury team along with Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi. Every character in the base roster is accompanied with 2 characters that they share a team with.

Now let's try to apply this to Heihachi, why would he come alone? In a team-based fighter of all things? You can't really put him in a "Villain Team" either, because there already exists one (being Xanadu, Chang Koehan and Choi Bounge). I really can't see him coming alone without a team in the base roster. As for DLC, yes, individual characters have come without teams. But they were all from SNK properties to begin with, because such is the nature of KOF. And even then, how would an insider know so soon that Heihachi would be DLC for a game that hasn't even had a proper gameplay reveal yet?

Last edited:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I'll say it again, I will put stock on our doll boi being in the top 5.
I was very, very ready to tell you that I think you're wrong, and that from what I've seen, Geno is nowhere near as popular as he was in the past.

Imagine my surprise when he was #2, right behind Crash.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I was very, very ready to tell you that I think you're wrong, and that from what I've seen, Geno is nowhere near as popular as he was in the past.

Imagine my surprise when he was #2, right behind Crash.
It’s almost like he’s wildly popular or something

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way: KOF's roster has always been made out of teams. There are always 3 characters in each team. Let's use an example with a character you're familiar with, Terry Bogard. In KOFXIV, Terry Bogard is part of the Fatal Fury team along with Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi. Every character in the base roster is accompanied with 2 characters that they share a team with.

Now let's try to apply this to Heihachi, why would he come alone? In a team-based fighter of all things? You can't really put him in a "Villain Team" either, because there already exists one (being Xanadu, Chang Koehan and Choi Bounge). I really can't see him coming alone without a team in the base roster. As for DLC, yes, individual characters have come without teams. But they were all from SNK properties to begin with, because such is the nature of KOF. And even then, how would an insider know so soon that Heihachi would be DLC for a game that hasn't even had a proper gameplay reveal yet?
I agree with this wholeheartedly, especially the solo argument. The only solo character ever in KOF has been Rugal, and that's because he's ****ing Rugal.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
It’s almost like he’s wildly popular or something
Well, obviously, yeah. He's my most wanted too.
But stepping out of the bounds of the admitted echo chamber that is this thread, he's got a lot of detractors. He is essentially the punching bag request on virtually all other boards and social media platforms that I've seen.
I guess it's just that for every vocal hater he has, he has a couple fans. Which I'll take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom