• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's an absolute bruh moment right now. I still wanna know why they jebaited everyone with the Style*S* thing, let alone just let the game die off slowly.

Not trying to kill hype for people excited over the world maker, something that IMO should have been in since release day, but like, come on Nintendo.

At least they added them for free DLC "shrugs"

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Heyo! I'm still here playing SMRPG and trying to keep my head up in the face of the troubles I'm having at the moment. I just got past the Booster/Marrymore part of the story yesterday and I'm going to Star Hill next. Which yeah, means that I just got Bowser and Peach in my party, but I'll still try to keep my dream team of Mario/Mallow/Geno as much as I can, Mallow's inferiority to Peach be damned.

Anyway, I saw that some of you were sharing concepts for Spirits and Mii Costumes to come with Geno a couple pages ago, so for a little fun I figured I'd spitball some idea I have in mind as well:

Spirits:

-Croco (Novice, purple :ultkrool:)
-Belome (Advanced, default :ultkingdedede:)
-Boshi (Novice, purple :ultyoshi:)
-Punchinello (Novice, purple :ulttoonlink:)
-Booster (Advanced, red overalls :ultwario:)
-Jonathan "Johnny" Jones (Ace, default :ultgreninja:)
-Smithy Gang (Ace, red :ultmetaknight: (Mack), green :ultpit: (Bowyer), default :ultroy: (Yaridovich))
-Valentina and Dodo (Ace, pink :ultpalutena: and black :ultfalco:)
-Axem Rangers (Advanced, default, red, yellow, green and black/dark purple :ultkirby:s)
-Smithy (Ace, giant grey :ultkingdedede:; can be enhanced into Smithy (Second Form))
-Culex (Legend, giant purple :ultdarkpit:)

I could polish up and go over more detail on the Spirits another time, but now time for:

Mii Costumes:

-Mallow (CACOMALLOW IS REAL CACOCALLOW IS REAL CACOMALLOW IS REAL)
-Smithy
-Chocobo
-Black Mage
-Crono
-GEX

Actually, **** it, this whole post was just a front for me to spread Gex propaganda! IT'S TAIL TIME, BABYYYYYYY!!!
View attachment 269778
I think Mr. G&W is better for the Axem Rangers
Pd 1: GEX WILL GET IN
Pd 2: CACOMALLOW IS REAL

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I think Mr. G&W is better for the Axem Rangers
On second thought, you're right. I guess my mind just defaults to Kirby when it comes to fighters that change their entire body color with each alt. I also thought the Jinjo Spirit battle would have Kirbies before Banjo dropped, and well... :ultpacman:

Pd 1: GEX WILL GET IN
Pd 2: CACOMALLOW IS REAL
Now that's the spirit!

cacomallow_poggers.png 672737779595083813.png

TriggerX

Smash Ace
It's a very cool update in my opinion, what a welcome surprise

A bit upsetting there's no new game style, and Super Mario World doesn't get it's own unique koopaling sprites, but eh, i'll live
Idk I watched it in Japanese, could have swore the sprites changed for Ludwig. Maybe it’s a regional thing?
Would be cool to see Mario maker incorporate some Smrpg content.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Idk about you guys, but this SMM2 update sounds exciting! I will admit, when SMM2 first launched, I was a tad bit disappointed because I felt like 2 was missing a lot of charm that the first game had. But with this update, they really said f*** it and included pretty much every last thing that fans have wanted to see. This update may finally be a reason for me to pick up SMM2 again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This latest Mario Maker update has some pretty sizeable fan service. Never even bought the original but even I know the Koopalings and many of those power ups were heavily requested since Day One. I think people underrate how much Nintendo listens to this stuff.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This latest Mario Maker update has some pretty sizeable fan service. Never even bought the original but even I know the Koopalings and many of those power ups were heavily requested since Day One. I think people underrate how much Nintendo listens to this stuff.
I¨m disappointed that we (if the "last big update" is to be believed) won¨t get something like a Sunshine or Galaxy maker mode... but its a great update non the less.

Last edited:
So is the last SMM 2 Update. I will say it : BRUH
To be fair, they only say the last magor update. This doesn't technically stop much smaller updates from happening (and it likely mostly got the "magor update" distinguisher because of the World Map editor, basically an entirely separate mode being included). I'm not sure 2-3 returning power ups or enemies would be considered "magor" in a future mini-update. But we can definitely count out a new game mode now, I'd say.

At least I hope we still get a few minor updates. Most of the new things I hoped for were minor.

Anyways, it was a great update. Frog Suit should make underwater levels more tolerable, all the new masks are cool, Koopalings were an unexpected but very welcome surprise, and of course, world map editor stole the show. That was a good almost 5 minutes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess I need to stop by and write an opinion piece.

First, Nintendo really knows how to jerk us around. Imagine my surprise when I just decide to check Twitter at 11 PM Eastern and see that Nintendo dropped information like this 58 minutes beforehand. Literally 12 hours before they normally drop this kind of info on us - are we Japan now? I don't mind it at all, actually.

I have a bit of "told you so" flowing in my veins as this lends a lot of credence to my earlier statements that Nintendo picked 2020 to shake up what we know about how they deliver information. Sure, you can say that coronavirus is causing this, and you may be right, but I feel like they lead off with some shake-ups in how we were getting information and they couldn't have been planning for a disruptive pandemic when they were plotting out their beginning of the year information. I will say that there was probably an April direct that we're missing out on, but that's as far as I'll go - and to put a little more hot sauce on that opinion, I don't think we're missing out on it because they can't shoot the direct or something's "wrong", just that they don't want to put out a direct in which they can't give a lot of solid dates - they already felt like they had to tell us some information shown in the Mini Direct may end up delayed.

So, second... holy ****. This really is Mario's year, to think they'd just drop a huge Mario Maker 2 update on us out of the blue. Zero fanfare. This is the kind of thing that would have been in an April direct and they've had it cooking for a long while, I think. A few people have mentioned it already but these features are things that the fans have been clamoring for and it's nice to see that kind of recognition. Mario Bros 2 might not be a "mode", but really, it's a whole new mode. Given how tall you can make a level, there's very little difference between the Super Mario Bros mode and a theoretical Mario Bros 2/USA mode since you're able to ride and pick up the enemies.

Something I've seen thrown around a little is that this update was "rushed" or something similar due to COVID-19, and I just don't agree with that. You want to tell me that the same company who told the team making the game they're treating as THE major release of 201920 (that's Animal Crossing, by the way) that it's totally fine to delay the game for over half a year (for no discernible reason, if you've played it), would tell the team for an already released game that they better get the free DLC out the door on schedule, pandemic or not? And that they rushed this content out the door? That doesn't add up. I think it amounts to people feeling like Mario Bros. 2 deserved more than a powerup... but given what I already listed, all we're missing is the health bar. Everything else we need, including the Phanto key (which by the way, my guy Phanto was moving kinda slow, huh?), we have. They even showed Mario Bros 2. Mario being able to "dig" through clouds like the sand blocks.

Honestly, the bigger thing to me is that it feels like they supported Mario Maker 2 very little in comparison to Mario Maker 1. I guess a lot of the content we got in Mario Maker 1 was minor - Amiibo support and other costumes, with a few added building parts thrown in here and there. Comparatively, these updates have been massive... though, I feel like I'm suffering from memory loss because they called this the third major update, but I only remember the Zelda update... What was the first?

Going forward, I think this is what we're going to see more of, especially if they aren't able to do a direct... Though, I'm not going to discount the idea that they're done with directs as we know them. Obviously we all hope that by June we'll be out of the thick of this mess (if the people will comply with the recommendations), but if something scripted and organized just isn't on the table, we'll get updates and news like this, dropped out of nowhere, and people will go just as ape**** as before. Honestly, the idea of surprise announcements like this is a little exciting, even if it's even less predictable than a direct.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Guess I need to stop by and write an opinion piece.

First, Nintendo really knows how to jerk us around. Imagine my surprise when I just decide to check Twitter at 11 PM Eastern and see that Nintendo dropped information like this 58 minutes beforehand. Literally 12 hours before they normally drop this kind of info on us - are we Japan now? I don't mind it at all, actually.

I have a bit of "told you so" flowing in my veins as this lends a lot of credence to my earlier statements that Nintendo picked 2020 to shake up what we know about how they deliver information. Sure, you can say that coronavirus is causing this, and you may be right, but I feel like they lead off with some shake-ups in how we were getting information and they couldn't have been planning for a disruptive pandemic when they were plotting out their beginning of the year information. I will say that there was probably an April direct that we're missing out on, but that's as far as I'll go - and to put a little more hot sauce on that opinion, I don't think we're missing out on it because they can't shoot the direct or something's "wrong", just that they don't want to put out a direct in which they can't give a lot of solid dates - they already felt like they had to tell us some information shown in the Mini Direct may end up delayed.

So, second... holy ****. This really is Mario's year, to think they'd just drop a huge Mario Maker 2 update on us out of the blue. Zero fanfare. This is the kind of thing that would have been in an April direct and they've had it cooking for a long while, I think. A few people have mentioned it already but these features are things that the fans have been clamoring for and it's nice to see that kind of recognition. Mario Bros 2 might not be a "mode", but really, it's a whole new mode. Given how tall you can make a level, there's very little difference between the Super Mario Bros mode and a theoretical Mario Bros 2/USA mode since you're able to ride and pick up the enemies.

Something I've seen thrown around a little is that this update was "rushed" or something similar due to COVID-19, and I just don't agree with that. You want to tell me that the same company who told the team making the game they're treating as THE major release of 201920 (that's Animal Crossing, by the way) that it's totally fine to delay the game for over half a year (for no discernible reason, if you've played it), would tell the team for an already released game that they better get the free DLC out the door on schedule, pandemic or not? And that they rushed this content out the door? That doesn't add up. I think it amounts to people feeling like Mario Bros. 2 deserved more than a powerup... but given what I already listed, all we're missing is the health bar. Everything else we need, including the Phanto key (which by the way, my guy Phanto was moving kinda slow, huh?), we have. They even showed Mario Bros 2. Mario being able to "dig" through clouds like the sand blocks.

Honestly, the bigger thing to me is that it feels like they supported Mario Maker 2 very little in comparison to Mario Maker 1. I guess a lot of the content we got in Mario Maker 1 was minor - Amiibo support and other costumes, with a few added building parts thrown in here and there. Comparatively, these updates have been massive... though, I feel like I'm suffering from memory loss because they called this the third major update, but I only remember the Zelda update... What was the first?

Going forward, I think this is what we're going to see more of, especially if they aren't able to do a direct... Though, I'm not going to discount the idea that they're done with directs as we know them. Obviously we all hope that by June we'll be out of the thick of this mess (if the people will comply with the recommendations), but if something scripted and organized just isn't on the table, we'll get updates and news like this, dropped out of nowhere, and people will go just as ape**** as before. Honestly, the idea of surprise announcements like this is a little exciting, even if it's even less predictable than a direct.
I'm guessing they're counting the update that added multiplayer with friends as the first one. But even then, that was barely a content update like the other two updates.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Maybe there are too many kinds of Amiibos out there that they rather had non then some?
I mean... there has been more Zelda Amibos created since.
There has been more Fire Emblem Amiibos created since
Let¨s not forget all the "newcomers" of Smash Brothers that have ended up getting and will get their Amiboos (Young Link, Wolf, King K, Byleth, PP, Dark Samus, Pokemon Trainer, etc )

If there is a specific franchise that has gotten Amiibos without my knowledge, then feel free to point that out. But I think you are getting what I want to come with this

Edit - Mario Maker 2 is apparently not the only one that is getting an update this week
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1252583542154018819

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe there are too many kinds of Amiibos out there that they rather had non then some?
Let¨s not forget all the "newcomers" of Smash Brothers that have ended up getting and will get their Amiboos (Young Link, Wolf, King K, Byleth, PP, Dark Samus, Pokemon Trainer, etc )

If there is a specific franchise that has gotten Amiibos without my knowledge, then feel free to point that out. But I think you are getting what I want to come with this

Edit - Mario Maker 2 is apparently not the only one that is getting an update this week
No, I totally get why they went with no amiibo support in this game, disappointing as it is - people would lose track of who they are in multiplayer, and I guess they wanted to cut down on the amount of features that they have to exclude from a major game mode. Also, it is a lot of characters they'd have to get permission from different copyright holders to use and I'm sure that after Mario Maker 1 they didn't want to deal with the hassle. I wasn't even pointing out the Amiibo support as a major loss, just kind of thinking out loud about the kind of support Mario Maker 1 got.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Yep, and even Tetris 99 is getting a new event this week as well.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No, I totally get why they went with no amiibo support in this game, disappointing as it is - people would lose track of who they are in multiplayer, and I guess they wanted to cut down on the amount of features that they have to exclude from a major game mode. Also, it is a lot of characters they'd have to get permission from different copyright holders to use and I'm sure that after Mario Maker 1 they didn't want to deal with the hassle. I wasn't even pointing out the Amiibo support as a major loss, just kind of thinking out loud about the kind of support Mario Maker 1 got.
They could have just disabled that in the multiplayer section. Plus they could have gone full first party (which is why I never mentioned the likes of Bellmont's, Hero or Ken etc

D

Deleted member

They could have just disabled that in the multiplayer section. Plus they could have gone full first party (which is why I never mentioned the likes of Bellmont's, Hero or Ken etc
I don't think the fans would have been happy with that outcome. Like you said already, they went with a less is more approach.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The issue with amiibo isn't "disabling it". It's, again, as noted, a huge amount of licensing. They didn't license the amiibo for a game they never had planned. Thus, it can't support it. Any 3rd party amiibo's usage would have to be okayed with the company as well. It's still their IP being used in some way in an official and paid manner. Stuff like BOTW(both versions) were planned out beforehand for licensing costs to not be an issue. Do note if they wanted to, they could easily re-license usage of all the amiibo as is. It'd be a lot of money, but the game itself has everything but that, so unless they plan to do more major updates again after a while, it's probably not enough gain in the end. Major sales have been done for a while now. Amiibo are coming back a bit, if it helps.

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Speakin of updates I wonder if we're getting more SNES games within the next month. They've been about what? 2-3 months apart so far?
Unless maybe they want to hold off till June this time and do a hefty one, that'd be the dream along with getting SMRPG with it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yes, I know I am a bit bias since I want both Geno and Sepiroth, but I find it interesting how RogersBase (someone that has bigger contacts with Nintendo then what Gamexplain has I might add) just out of nowhere is putting out a video on why he believes there will be FF7R content into Smash.,..... and I have to agree with his argument towards it. It could explain why Sepiroth was a name that so many insiders have heard before Hero got revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0WcdnFR6c

D

Deleted member

Yes, I know I am a bit bias since I want both Geno and Sepiroth, but I find it interesting how RogersBase (someone that has bigger contacts with Nintendo then what Gamexplain has I might add) just out of nowhere is putting out a video on why he believes there will be FF7R content into Smash.,..... and I have to agree with his argument towards it. It could explain why Sepiroth was a name that so many insiders have heard before Hero got revealed

So Roger has inside information? Has he gotten anything right? I doubt that he has contacts. How do you know?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So Roger has inside information? Has he gotten anything right? I doubt that he has contacts. How do you know?
He is a Nintendo brand ambassador. As in someone they allow to go to the American HQ to try out and promote games for them.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Plot twist: the last 5 characters are all from square. Sephy, Geno, Crono, Gex, and Lara Croft. Each has 2 songs and no Sephiroth doesn’t come with One Winged Angel

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

1- Since when roger has internal contacts?
2- He claim we live in the Timeline in which geno is a MATTER OF TIME
3- i see 4 timelines:
-FF7R SPIRITS
-Square Saying: Ok we are letting you use geno, but.... also add Sephiroth as FF7R shill and That is the reason why we have 6 slots
-Geno is in and has a Sephiroth Mii
-Geno Get In with a Special Sephiroth Mii with One Winged Angel
SEPHIROTH
BTW: Since March 2018 he knowns we are Getting UT content

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I too find it very odd that someone would claim that a game that has 0 chance of coming to the Switch is going to get promotional content in Super Smash Bros. when Cloud himself being in the game didn't bring any spirits, despite the remake being known about for some time.

I feel like there's some nth dimensional chess being played here, if the whole thing isn't just a ****post.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
1- Since when roger has internal contacts?
2- He claim we live in the Timeline in which geno is a MATTER OF TIME
3- i see 4 timelines:
-FF7R SPIRITS
-Square Saying: Ok we are letting you use geno, but.... also add Sephiroth as FF7R shill and That is the reason why we have 6 slots
-Geno is in and has a Sephiroth Mii
-Geno Get In with a Special Sephiroth Mii with One Winged Angel
SEPHIROTH
1. Read my answer to Beandini
2. I would not mind having them both for obvious reasons
3. Yeah, If Sepiroth gets in, Geno is probably a MII Costume or vice versa.
4. Did anyone of you even listen to the video

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I too find it very odd that someone would claim that a game that has 0 chance of coming to the Switch is going to get promotional content in Super Smash Bros. when Cloud himself being in the game didn't bring any spirits, despite the remake being known about for some time.

I feel like there's some nth dimensional chess being played here, if the whole thing isn't just a ****post.
I doubt its a **** post. At "worst" just speculation and not a hint.

Firox

Smash Master
Agreed. Xbox One was also a terribly crap name, especially when IT'S YOUR *THIRD* CONSOLE!
To this day, I still can help but laugh at Microsoft's ludicrous naming conventions:

-X Box (OK, we see you like "X"'s. So edgy.)
-X Box 360 (Alright, so we did a full rotation. A little convoluted, but makes sense. Again, nice and edgy with an almost X-games (heh) kind of reference)
-X Box One (....and you lost me. The third iteration is called "One". Oh, BuT iT's BeCaUsE iT's EvErYtHiNg iN oNe! Yeah, no, it's just stupid and confusing to little Timmy's mom who can't figure out why her son is buying a prequel to his current console.)
-X Box Series X (Ooohh, MORE X's?! That's, like, 6 TIMES the edge-factor! But why "Series X"? Weren't ALL of Microsoft's consoles part of the X series? This name doesn't even have a number designation to distinguish it from the others. It doesn't even have "Pro" or "Ultra" or "Plus Ultra" to indicate whether it's better than the previous gen. IDK, the name just feels really stupid and derivative.)

Unfortunately, Nintendo isn't much better:

-Nintendo Wii (Ummm, what? Like, as in "Weeeee", this is fun? Or more like Wii Wii in my pants? Yeah, at least Gamecube was self explanatory.)
-Nintendo Wii U (Yeah, that's right. Not Wii 2. Wii U. So is it a new console or an add on? Unfortunately, little Timmy's mom couldn't figure that out either so, unsurprisingly, marketing took a hit on this one.)
-Nintendo Switch (Ok, this one I gotta say is one of the better names out there because at least it's self-explanatory. It Switches™ between a handheld and TV console. Nuff said.)
-New NEW Nintendo 3DS (This was the crown jewel of idiotic names. Couldn't say 3DS Ultra, or 3DS Supreme or 3DS Digi-evolution or anything to indicate that it was a better version of the original 3DS. They simply called it the "New 3DS". Seriously? Are you TRYING to confuse Timmy's stupid mom??!! Just imagine that conversation: "Hey, Mom, can I get the New 3DS for my birthday?" "Oh, but honey, didn't you get a new 3DS for Christmas two years ago?" "Yeah, but this is the NEW 3DS!" "Why does it have to be new? Doesn't yours work perfectly fine still?" "No, it's the New NEW 3DS, Mom! It can play games the old one can't! And the 3D is so good that it will let me see into the Matrix!" "Yeah, shut up, Timmy. I'm not buying you another 3DS.")

Meanwhile, at Sony......

-Playstation
-Playstation 2
-Playstation 3
-Playstation 4
-Playstation 5

And for some strange reason, they're absolutely dominating the console market. Their marketing team must be a bunch of PhD's. lol

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace

I find it possible. While I doubt the switch will get the FF7 remake, I wouldn't be surprised if their is some kind of mobile/pocket edition like FF15. They poured a lot of money into FF15 for whatever reason, and although FF7 pretty much sells itself its interesting that they aren't doing at least half of the marketing push they did for that game.
If this were to come into fruition, its difficult to place where that puts Geno. At the very least I see his costume coming back, but throwing him in with a bunch of FF7 content would be a little out of place. The chocobo hat would fit nicely though.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
He is a Nintendo brand ambassador. As in someone they allow to go to the American HQ to try out and promote games for them.
It should be noted before we get too excited, Roger is LEGENDARY for his crazy big bold all caps predictions. They don’t all necessarily actually work out, sometimes he likes to just jump to crazy conclusions. His repeated confidence in Geno does have an air of insider knowledge, but not everything he says is gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom