• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Just realized, don’t they usually announce new tournaments or spirit events on Tuesdays later in the day? Wonder what it’ll be this time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
>everyone finds out theyre releasing fp2 march 23rd
>leaker guy: yeah im thinking around end of march

Brilliant.
Just making sure, you are being sarcastic on the brilliant part, right?

Well, they could do a Smash Presentation to reveal the character then, but I don't know about that. It'd have to be announce the week before because the 23rd is a Monday, and I can't see it being announced and released on the same day.

Other than that, you are correct. I am thinking next week, personally.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't trust many insiders at the moment, so let's wait and see for sure about the Direct reveal/announcement potentially happening tomorrow first. Insiders have been wrong a lot these past few months. That, and Geno's Mii costume is still missing, so I have hope, even if he isn't FP6.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, on the upside, we're approximately 3 months off from Nintendo's E3 presentation starting today so, with the way things have been going, we'll actually be waiting less than half the time for E3 than we did this Direct.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, on the upside, we're approximately 3 months off from Nintendo's E3 presentation starting today so, with the way things have been going, we'll actually be waiting less than half the time for E3 than we did this Direct.
That's the silver lining of this whole thing. Plus, I don't think investors are going to tolerate a drought this long ever again

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

Jeff Gubb said this.

Now he deleted the tweet.
I guess we'll see soon enough.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So, does he know this for sure or is this some kind of guess?
I'm pretty sure he is confident on his information.

Another Update: Daniel Ahmad retweeted the article, it's completely possible this could put a lot more credibility onto this leak.

Last update on the situation until more public information comes out.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm pretty sure he is confident on his information.

Another Update: Daniel Ahmad retweeted the article, it's completely possible this could put a lot more credibility onto this leak.

Last update on the situation until more public information comes out.
So, this is more of a guess he is confident in? I believe I posted him saying that near the top of the page.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So, this is more of a guess he is confident in? I believe I posted him saying that near the top of the page.
This is something he has heard I believe, and he is reporting on it.
This also lines up well with Sabi's leak regarding Indies being Mid-March.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is something he has heard I believe, and he is reporting on it.
This also lines up well with Sabi's leak regarding Indies being Mid-March.
Not that I am doubting any of this, but wherever he heard it from, he did say "Nintendo did an Indie Showcase last March around GDC, so that would make sense." in his tweet, so unless I am missing something, I do think that part, at the least, considering what he said about last March, may be a guess.

Also, is Sabi even credible nowadays?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, assuming Jeff is right and a Nintendo Direct IS in the works, I have one thing to say...

What took them (Nintendo) so long to start making it?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
How in the heck are you going to release the download card for the 6th Fighter (on the 23rd, supposedly) when the General Direct that's going to contain their reveal is on the 26th?

Unless they reveal the 6th fighter in the Indie Direct that's rumored for the 18th or beforehand, I won't buy that rumor 100%... however their date picks are pretty reasonable.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How in the heck are you going to release the download card for the 6th Fighter (on the 23rd, supposedly) when the General Direct that's going to contain their reveal is on the 26th?

Unless they reveal the 6th fighter in the Indie Direct that's rumored for the 18th or beforehand, I won't buy that rumor 100%... however their date picks are pretty reasonable.
I know what you mean. There is something fishy here. Unless, they just release the download codes by then and nothing more?

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Well I've definitely been out of the loop for awhile, but I've finally caught up on the thread. Interesting to see all these rumors about directs. I'll throw in one other... Interesting thing. Tuesdays at 8 PM EST was always when they announced the new spirit events/tournaments for smash for the last however long, and now that daylight savings time happened, it'd now be 9 PM EST. It's now after that time here, and still nothing... Am I just trying to see something where there's nothing, or could this possibly mean something?

EDIT: Well scratch that idea, it just got announced late, it's Ring Fit Adventure

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

well either the card doesn't have the fighter, or the indie direct has the fighter, and we get shantae in smash.

I'm down for that

MattX20

Smash Hero
A 3 day difference between the release of the card for Season 2 and it's first reveal isn't too much of a gap in time, so it's feasible I suppose.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A 3 day difference between the release of the card for Season 2 and it's first reveal isn't too much of a gap in time, so it's feasible I suppose.
I was just thinking that, actually. Will it actually happen, though? We'll see.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Thank god.
This, seriously helps, our special little Wah.

D

Deleted member

Thank god.
I guess someone forgot to press the post button over at Nintendo. Oh well, at least we get some cool spirits this week!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank god.
So much for Ring Fit Trainee being playable through DLC. I actually wanted them playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Oh well. I can deal with this, regardless.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thank god.
No, it really doesn't. It only just deconfirms Ring Fit Adventure as our possible first party rep along with Sword and Shield. We still have other titles that may not be announced yet to consider.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
Thank god.
Ring Fit Adventurer deconfirmed lol

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
No, it really doesn't. It only just deconfirms Ring Fit Adventure as our possible first party rep along with Sword and Shield. We still have other titles that may not be announced yet to consider.
Based on current speculation of mine, it really does.
Until we get a direct, that is the only assumption I can make.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So much for Ring Fit Trainee being playable through DLC. I actually wanted them playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I know it wouldn't make a lot of sense but I think it'd be cool if WFT got alt costumes of the male/female RFT(rainer). Like a patch that added another 2+ costumes to some characters and you could add some other alt costumes, like Yoshi getting his Black Yoshi alt back, or maybe getting Boshi in as one?

Also HUGE rip if we're waiting til the 26th, ugggggh. I'm getting so sick of this. Remember when it was Feb 12th that was likely? Now we're looking at Mar 26th, ffs -_________-

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Isn't it kind of scummy to co-opt a children's fundraiser in order to get your character into the game? Donating to charity shouldn't have an ulterior motive. Just because you raise money for kids (not that it's a bad thing; bless everyone who does donate) won't buy Geno's way into Smash.
Imagine spinning charity donations in the worst way possible.

Might as well be the Main Stream Media to our Pewdiepie.

The idea is that we are helping wishes to be granted, just like Geno was doing before and fought so hard to rebuild so they could continue to do so.

This has nothing to do with buying Geno and frankly doesn't make any sense because it could never work like that.

Shut up and go away, your ignorance vexes me. Reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom