• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Source on the screenshot?
I believe this is a serious source, has gotten many things right like the Pokemon direct and the W101 port happening, and I believe he is friends with Zell.
If that isn't proof, then you can legit tell by the way he said it in the message.
And if that isn't enough.

AND IF THIS ISN'T ENOUGH, use common sense.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We will see soon since Mar10 day is tomorrow. Again, don't expect too much from Nintendo if things doesn't fall the direction you were expecting.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I believe this is a serious source, has gotten many things right like the Pokemon direct and the W101 port happening, and I believe he is friends with Zell.
If that isn't proof, then you can legit tell by the way he said it in the message.
And if that isn't enough.

AND IF THIS ISN'T ENOUGH, use common sense.
And we both know how easy it is to photoshop stuff. That¨s why I asked when it came to the supposed discord message.
I don¨t think we need to wait to E3 either, but we didn¨t expect to go into March and no new info for around half a year

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of direct before E3 ... usually there is one for the first quarter/half of the year and then another general direct the last half/quarter ... I would be so surprised for a lack of one ...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds of a Direct being announced tomorrow?

And before I forget, happy 24th Anniversary, Geno and Super Mario RPG!

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
An actual direct tomorrow? Without a tweet about it today or tonight, pretty slim.

The only thing I could see is a tweet about a direct ... but I dunno ... we are in some dark times.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
An actual direct tomorrow? Without a tweet about it today or tonight, pretty slim.

The only thing I could see is a tweet about a direct ... but I dunno ... we are in some dark times.
I mispoke, I meant it being announced tomorrow.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It's not because of what that Nate guy said, is it? Because I do think he is just toying with us.
From what I've seen of Nate, he's not the kind of guy to joke about it just to mess with people. He even has a video talking about why he thinks the fascination with Nintendo Directs is a bad thing.

But honestly: I just think Nintendo truly has nothing. They have nothing but Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Remake, and Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are trapped in development hell and I doubt BOTW 2 is coming out this year. Unless I'm wrong, Japan requires at least 30 day notice for anything to be pre-ordered so if there's any mystery titles coming out between now and E3, NOW is the time to reveal them, and if the Direct waits any longer, they might as well just hold out for E3.

Maybe we'll get a solo reveal of Fighter 6 in time for the physical card release... but I honestly, truly think we're in this wait for the long haul.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From what I've seen of Nate, he's not the kind of guy to joke about it just to mess with people. He even has a video talking about why he thinks the fascination with Nintendo Directs is a bad thing.

But honestly: I just think Nintendo truly has nothing. They have nothing but Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Remake, and Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are trapped in development hell and I doubt BOTW 2 is coming out this year. Unless I'm wrong, Japan requires at least 30 day notice for anything to be pre-ordered so if there's any mystery titles coming out between now and E3, NOW is the time to reveal them, and if the Direct waits any longer, they might as well just hold out for E3.

Maybe we'll get a solo reveal of Fighter 6 in time for the physical card release... but I honestly, truly think we're in this wait for the long haul.
What he thinks about the obsession of Nintendo Directs just gives me another reason why I wouldn't want to listen to him. Joking or not, there is always a first, but we trusted other insiders and they were wrong about the Direct coming earlier this year. Is Nate even perfect in track record?

Anyway, I think Nintendo has some things, and are just waiting to share them at the right time. I am sure they do not have nothing to show, but something. It will come, so don't worry.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Them not having *anything* makes no sense considering the GameStop SKUs and leaks like the new Paper Mario that Nintendo was pissed about. If anything it’s more than likely that things got delayed by the COVID-19 outbreak as has affected lots of other industries.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Them not having *anything* makes no sense considering the GameStop SKUs and leaks like the new Paper Mario that Nintendo was pissed about. If anything it’s more than likely that things got delayed by the COVID-19 outbreak as has affected lots of other industries.
If it is because of the virus, how long is this whole thing with the virus going to last, anyway?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No one cares about what leakers have to say as they have been garbage and unreliable for months and the Nate guy is no different. In fact, he's less reliable than most.

Let's not worry about what people who have no real information but claim they do have to say.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No one cares about what leakers have to say as they have been garbage and unreliable for months and the Nate guy is no different. In fact, he's less reliable than most.

Let's not worry about what people who have no real information but claim they do have to say.
So, what makes you think that about Nate?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No one really knows but it’s bad enough that a James Bond movie that was supposed to release in April got delayed all the way to November.
Of course. I just hope this ends before E3 comes along, or there may be no E3.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Happy 24th Birthday SMRPG! You have inspired me and many others over the past 2 and a half decades and I bet you will inspire many more in the years to come. SMRPG is awesome and I’m glad I have it in my life, stay awesome SMRPG!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey, you guys remember that one video that got shared where a guy used math to try and predict FP2? Well, he just posted a follow-up video to that.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Has anyone brought up the latest famitsu column?
Awhile ago, yeah.

Sakurai is saying that there will be no further DLC past these six guys and he doubles down on Nintendo picking the characters.

https://sourcegaming.info/2020/03/09/this-is-my-role-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-598/

We were pretty sure that would be the case but this all but confirms it.

I guess we will find out shortly if Nintendo truly heard us after all these years.
There's no way Sakurai doesn't at least get to add his two cents in. I feel like it's more like he and Nintendo discuss, and Nintendo has final say and can overrule Sakurai. Unless Sakurai himself gave up on Geno, and all the evidence (not gonna link anymore as it's now in my signature!) was for nothing, I don't see how it can fall on deaf ears any longer. It all depends on if Square is willing to play ball at this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No one really knows but it’s bad enough that a James Bond movie that was supposed to release in April got delayed all the way to November.
the new Re:Zero anime season got delayed too...

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Happy 24th Mario RPG! Hopefully one day we can get a remake in HD, or even better a potential sequel!
F1A6693B-E2BD-4A36-B0B8-445502F297C8.jpeg

(Artist: Dreamin’)

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Has anyone brought up the latest famitsu column? Sakurai is saying that there will be no further DLC past these six guys and he doubles down on Nintendo picking the characters.

https://sourcegaming.info/2020/03/09/this-is-my-role-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-598/

We were pretty sure that would be the case but this all but confirms it.

I guess we will find out shortly if Nintendo truly heard us after all these years.
you know what - I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more DLC after even if Sakurai says Vol. 2 is the last.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
you know what - I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more DLC after even if Sakurai says Vol. 2 is the last.
Honestly I'm expecting it

Check back in the two years it takes this Fighter's Pass to end: I'm predicting we'll get four more after these six and that'll be it

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Happy anniversary to both SMRPG and Super Smash Bros Brawl! I will never forget the great memories and adventures these two games gave me!
220px-SSBB_Cover.jpg
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hey, you guys remember that one video that got shared where a guy used math to try and predict FP2? Well, he just posted a follow-up video to that.
I was SO disappointed by the ending. I was super expecting him to be like "Okay so hear me out guys, SMRPG is both an RPG *AND* a platformer, so for the final slot, IT'S GENO AGAIN!". Not a real Genobro confirmed.

What if Bowser is just the biggest tsundere ever?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So what you are saying is that we could probably see more of Fawful and Cackletta now concidering AlphaDream is bankrupt and its said that Nintendo required all the rights to the RPG series because of that
That's correct, but that's only if Nintendo required all the rights to the M&L RPG series (and you're telling me they did?). If Nintendo buys out AlphaDream, Cackletta, Fawful, Midbus, Popple, the Shroobs, Princess Shroob, Elder Princess Shroob, Antasma, the Pi'illos (Pillow citizens), etc., all of the AlphaDream-made characters from the M&L RPG series will belong to Nintendo.
He did also hint at a Geno vid at the end of K Rool's (which just makes me more depressed than anything tbh) but he seems like a real Genobro.
He actually is a Genobro. There is no doubt and it is an absolute guarantee that BestGuyEver will make a video about Geno if he gets in. I'm speculating on what the title for Geno's video would be, maybe WISH UPON A STAR or LONG AWAITED PUPPET; the song could be something like Starman (David Bowie), I wish (Stevie Wonder), Star Sky (Two Steps From Hell), Coat of Arms (Sabaton), Dream On (Aerosmith), or Mr. Blue Sky (Electric Light Orchestra).
I haven't really been keeping up to date with the series. All I know is that the reboot went on an indefinite hiatus (hell, I thought it got canceled) due to Mark dealing with some pretty serious **** (his Patreon getting taken down didn't help).
I'm just glad he's doing okay, the poor guy's been through a lot of depression for the past decade and it seems like he's gotten a lot better and happier to the point to where he's continuing the series after 10 years (if you're counting the original series) and 4 years (if you're counting the reboot). I've been through some depression these past few years as well, and seeing my kid/pre-teen years (my glory days) stuff come back brings me out of depression, and it just happens that SMBZ is one of my favorite things from my glory days.

He's actually been showing some Episode 2 teasers/screenshots on his Twitter. Since you haven't been keeping up, I'll give you some reboot announcment news from 4 years ago: I believe you're aware that Mark will be replacing The Pipe Maze episode (Episode 7) with a King Boo episode? Captain Basilisx won't be in the reboot unfortunately; according to Mark, his debut distracted/delayed the battle with the Koopalings and Mecha Mario's debut, but I feel like he should've kept Basilisx and introduced him again in a later episode. I'm just glad he's back in action and the reboot didn't get cancelled, it's more as if he just took a break... a really, really long break. It seems like the episodes will be catching up to where we left off faster than expected because Mark has been getting stuff done quickly with Episode 2. Mark was able to cram Episode 1 and 2 of the original series into one episode in the reboot (of course since Ep. 1 was really short), which could mean Episode 5 - 'Trouble on Yoshi's Island' and Episode 6 - 'Brawl on a Vanishing Island' could be crammed into one episode, but it's unlikely; however, it's possible because he actually released Episode 6 not too long after Episode 5, and Episode 6 had a lot more animation and a longer running time compared to Episode 5... it's almost as if it was supposed to be in the same episode, he just couldn't finish it with the time he wanted it to be finished so he gave us the first part, being Episode 5, for the next few months to enjoy at the time.

I felt so bad when his Patreon got taken down. People think all of Nintendo is a friendy, fun, family company, but there are a lot of corporate snakes in Nintendo that like to take down a lot of fan-made stuff and try to hit them with lawsuits. Mark even stated this and went on a rant about Nintendo about how it's not the friendly company we all thought it was back when we were kids, like, they took down a fan-made Metroid remake that was 10 years in the making, I believe, and that's really dirty... all that hard work gone. I honestly don't blame Mark for going on a rant about Nintendo.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
He actually is a Genobro. There is no doubt and it is an absolute guarantee that BestGuyEver will make a video about Geno if he gets in. I'm speculating on what the title for Geno's video would be, maybe WISH UPON A STAR or LONG AWAITED PUPPET; the song could be something like Starman (David Bowie), I wish (Stevie Wonder), Star Sky (Two Steps From Hell), Coat of Arms (Sabaton), Dream On (Aerosmith), or Mr. Blue Sky (Electric Light Orchestra).
David Bowie sounds like a match made in heaven for a BestGuyEver video. For some reason that seems to have the same vibe as the other sounds chosen. It seems perfect for Geno's character too. It's literally called Starman! He'll pick the perfect one in the event Geno gets in though. Something based that a 30 year old boomer would be proud of!

I definitely want some good Star Wars memes and some seething zoomer wojaks too and while this seems super unlikely, I'd love to see a burn on Disney/KH just to make me smile. (He seems like a huge KH fan so it seems doubtful he would treat them as competition)

But that's pending if Geno even gets in and it's not like BGE even lurks Smashboards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Be back soon enough but Here’s to a great Mario Day.

Looking forward to it yeah.

You guys have a good one too.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If it is because of the virus, how long is this whole thing with the virus going to last, anyway?
You never know with these types of stuff. It can be a couple of more months to a year(s). It mostly depends on stuff such as how seriously infected countries handle it and how fast it takes to create a vaccine. Weather can also help/make it worse. Looking at the numbers, how countries seem to handle it and the knowledge we have today, my guess that it's over before the end of the year, but potentially truly slow down worldwide (can¨t speak for each individual country) around May/June at earliest (that is if every country take it as serious like Italy, Iran and China has who are currently in full quarantine where no one gets in or out from the country as of right now)

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
This is really late but happy anniversary to Super Mario RPG! One of the all-time best Mario experiences, and I don't think I'd be as into games as I would be without it as well as Halo and Smash.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I'm late too, yikes. Happy 24th Anniversary to Super Mario RPG! Thought I'd point this out since I actually just saw part 3 yesterday and didn't realize they finally finished this series after 7 years, but Geno appeared in Peach's Revenge, one of Dorkly's bits/sprite animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom