• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I didn't say it was, just that we really can't assume anything with Nintendo after this mess with the missing direct.
If this little rule has always been the case, I think it is safe to say that we can, actually.

Now, I wonder if there will be anything Geno related today, as unlikely as that seems?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
But the longest drought ever! They've never gone half a year w/o a direct!

Haha no, as much as we wish it.
How does the drought change anything?

Also, I just had to say something about Geno here. By the way, I do hope our support for him foesn’t Go to waste.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
How does the drought change anything?
It's just a thing they haven't done before (going [over] half a year), which is breaking a pattern. Prior to this drought, you could say "they've never gone half a year w/o a direct!" but you can't say that anymore. Patterns and rules like this are made to be broken since there's nothing stating that it's a thing that *must* happen.

It's also the same kind of thinking we're actively trying to dispel, because otherwise, Spirits truly do deconfirm, and we'll never get our blue boy in Smash.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Happy Mario Day everyone. The Mario/Lego tweet is interesting. Not what was expected or hoped for but potentially pretty cool nonetheless. Unfortunately the sales are not significant enough for me to warrant purchasing any games I don't already have. At least the wait is made more bearable by having NG+ to play in FE3H and I've been playing Rayman Legends and the first Mother game at my leisure also.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yep, looks like today will focus on Mario day, which means no Direct. There could still be one announced tomorrow.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Normally, I'm fine but I really thought we'd get the announcement today so I'm feeling major blue balls.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Some people on Twitter are claiming it "could just be a mistake" (the mistake being the word "direct") but idk, that seems VERY suspect, especially with both Nintendo and Lego saying "Stay tuned...".

The chance for a 3/12 direct just went up dramatically.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Wow so maybe there truly is a direct on the way huh? Do they ever shadow drop directs? Maybe tomorrow or Thursday?

Also, just want to point out that the fundraiser is almost to a quarter of it's goal! Keep up the good work guys! This is really cool! I'm really passionate about us helping out others as a community!

MattX20

Smash Hero
This gives some hope for a Direct announcement for today or tomorrow at the latest. Who would ever have thought that Lego of all things would bring salvation in a drought?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So this seems like a website jumped the gun and just wants email subscriptions. Unless that site knows about an upcoming Direct, I say hold on to a big clump of salt here.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So this seems like a website jumped the gun and just wants email subscriptions. Unless that site knows about an upcoming Direct, I say hold on to a big clump of salt here.
Basically this. If we don't get anything tomorrow, I'm blocking that website.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I think we might just get a direct announcement later today or tomorrow.
Yeah I know we won't actually get a direct today because of what time it is in Japan now. Hopefully we get an announcement though. SonicSmasher could be right that wording is off or that website is just treating that short video as a "direct". I wouldn't be surprised by much at this point. Watch there be a direct that is only about this Mario and Lego collaboration and we actually do have to wait until E3. Or the rumored new Mario game is just Lego Mario.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, that is what I was thinking.
But at the same time, why use the word "direct" if there wasn't a direct? It's not like they're gonna get email subs by claiming it's from a direct when it wasn't. Even if there's a direct announcement tomorrow and they were right, I'm not gonna sub to them and idk why anyone else would specifically for that reason.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
But at the same time, why use the word "direct" if there wasn't a direct? It's not like they're gonna get email subs by claiming it's from a direct when it wasn't. Even if there's a direct announcement tomorrow and they were right, I'm not gonna sub to them and idk why anyone else would specifically for that reason.
Do you think they have seen it early, the Direct, if anyone like Game.co.uk even sees a Direct early?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Do you think they have seen it early, the Direct, if anyone like Game.co.uk even sees a Direct early?
Idk but TBH this feels like a "there was supposed to be a direct by now, announcing the Lego thing, but it was canceled", and the website knew of the old direct and forgot to turn off this automated update or something.

Or, maybe they know a direct is coming soon and jumped the gun, posting the word "direct" instead of "twitter announcement". TBH I think this one is the most likely, purely because the tweet by Nintendo says "stay tuned", as though we're gonna get an official announcement on what this collaboration is between the two companies at a later time. A direct would definitely be a good time to tell us about that, even if it's not specifically for a video game.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, they're just dumb and messed up.

Legit curirous on what Resetera is saying about this.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Idk but TBH this feels like a "there was supposed to be a direct by now, announcing the Lego thing, but it was canceled", and the website knew of the old direct and forgot to turn off this automated update or something.

Or, maybe they know a direct is coming soon and jumped the gun, posting the word "direct" instead of "twitter announcement". TBH I think this one is the most likely, purely because the tweet by Nintendo says "stay tuned", as though we're gonna get an official announcement on what this collaboration is between the two companies at a later time. A direct would definitely be a good time to tell us about that, even if it's not specifically for a video game.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, they're just dumb and messed up.

Legit curirous on what Resetera is saying about this.
The tweet did say "Stay tuned". I wonder what the chances are that this has anything to do with a Direct?

Dukefire

Smash Master
With Nintendo, anything can happen in their world since we are walking with them.
Screenshot_20200304-151140_YouTube.jpg

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So, you still think chances of a Direct have gone up?
Absolutely. Them fixing it makes it even moreso. That seems like a "oh **** we messed up" mistake, not a "lol we don't care, whatever" mistake.

(but what the hell do I know? I've been wrong so many times this quarter)

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Or, maybe they know a direct is coming soon and jumped the gun, posting the word "direct" instead of "twitter announcement". TBH I think this one is the most likely, purely because the tweet by Nintendo says "stay tuned", as though we're gonna get an official announcement on what this collaboration is between the two companies at a later time.
At the same time I feel like Nintendo says "stay tuned" like...a lot. And it definitely doesn't always correlate to news coming soon.

This is a very odd situation. It seems extremely unlikely this website would have early access to the direct or information about it. I'm heavily leaning towards this being a wording issue or something to that effect. I'd say it's likely even if we do get a direct soon that this has nothing to do with it.

Them changing the wording I think could go either way. On some weird off chance they did have information on the direct, then them changing it could be a good sign but it could also just be them realizing their mistake and fixing it and it really means nothing. It's hard to say really. At the very least it's generated some discussion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that I think about it, a Direct would be the best place to show the Lego and Mario collaboration and all its details, wouldn't you all say?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just gonna play devil's advocate before everyone gets too excited. The oopsie could have simply been from a cancelled direct and news will pour out in another way due to the coronavirus scares and quarantines going on.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
but it could also just be them realizing their mistake and fixing it and it really means nothing. It's hard to say really. At the very least it's generated some discussion.
I totally get that but it's like, why say direct when it's painfully obvious it wasn't announced in a direct? That seems painfully obvious that they know something that we don't. like regardless if this was supposed to be announced in a direct awhile ago or not, they were privy to that information.

PLLLLOOOOOT THICKENS!!!!

(The announce the direct thing IS GONE!!!)
Ree, I already said this!

https://www.game.co.uk/m/lego-nintendo?cm_sp=homepage-_-promo-_-MarioLEGO
They just updated the wording to NOT have the word Direct. DEFINITELY seems like an oopsie, pushing the likelihood of the first or second possibilities I posted. This wasn't done maliciously.
Calling it now, whenever this dumb direct happens, it wont shut people up but will only make people ***** more because the direct didnt have what they wanted
Oh for sure, but Nintendo brought it on themselves, unless they specifically say that Corneriadisease was the cause of the delay. Hell I'll be pretty miffed if it's a puny direct and/or has nothing I cared for in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom