• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Those “fans” were trolls who also harassed Steve fans too and used an ugly render. Some real Steve fans didn’t care about Banjo but some like me did while others didn’t care either way. It just looked more like the dumb, rude Banjo vs. Steve artwork crapping on Steve fans.
Sorry should have specified "the" fans that were harassing BK fans, not all Steve fans did that, obviously. Regardless, there's crapheads in every group of fans, but the fact of the matter is that BK got in, Steve didn't. I think that's all the ending was meant to convey and not meant to crap on all Steve fans.

(and as for thoughts on FP2, I think MC has a much higher chance IMO. Steve's gonna end up a costume I feel, though man I'd love a Minecraft stage)

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Thought it was interesting Sakurai used the rainbow road medley to associate with Geno. Makes me wonder if Geno had stayed maybe rainbow road courses in mario kart could've been his courses. Every character seems to have a race track yet nobody seems to have any association with rainbow road, aside maybe rosalina now, but even then she has her own courses.

Obviously that was never the intention of rainbow road, but just a fun thought I had.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sorry should have specified "the" fans that were harassing BK fans, not all Steve fans did that, obviously. Regardless, there's crapheads in every group of fans, but the fact of the matter is that BK got in, Steve didn't. I think that's all the ending was meant to convey and not meant to crap on all Steve fans.

(and as for thoughts on FP2, I think MC has a much higher chance IMO. Steve's gonna end up a costume I feel, though man I'd love a Minecraft stage)
The majority of Banjo fan harassment was from people who weren’t actually Steve fans at all. He should’ve used the ugly render if he wanted to portray them. It wouldn’t be the first time someone crapped on all Steve fans through dumb artwork and pretended he was a meme or joke. There were also people being rude to Steve fans who weren’t trolls, even if they were clearly polite. It was all very annoying as a fan of both.

imo Steve is just as likely as Chief and there’s no reason he wouldn’t be. A costume would be okay but incredibly disappointing; at least it’s better than nothing, though.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The majority of Banjo fan harassment was from people who weren’t actually Steve fans at all. He should’ve used the ugly render if he wanted to portray them. It wouldn’t be the first time someone crapped on all Steve fans through dumb artwork and pretended he was a meme or joke. There were also people being rude to Steve fans who weren’t trolls, even if they were clearly polite. It was all very annoying as a fan of both.

imo Steve is just as likely as Chief and there’s no reason he wouldn’t be. A costume would be okay but incredibly disappointing; at least it’s better than nothing, though.
You have a point. Trolls will find a way to get everyone on each others ***** without anticipating them selves sometimes. Anything to start a flame war just for the giggles for them.

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Why does no one seem to like the idea of Jinx as a spirit? The dojo fights were a favorite of mine in SMRPG and he's a pretty cool customer too.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Long-time primary Microsoft mascot at this point, over what started as an indie and wasn't all that popular (of a character pick) until semi-recently. Not to mention the likelihood of ruining what makes Steve... well, Steve, so he can fit in Smash (moreso than what was changed on Ridley).

BK got in first because of their legacy and has had fan demand for awhile. No, one is definitely more likely than the other, but I'm not saying it's impossible for Steve to be in, it's just less likely than MC. (he also has to overcome the "no indies have been made a fighter" yet hurdle, but if Geno can do so for no spirits, I think Steve could potentially, he just has an uphill battle with MC)

Why does no one seem to like the idea of Jinx as a spirit?
Who said that? Depending how many spirits can get in, I'd say he's pretty damn likely.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
As far as Geno-related spirit battles go, Croco, Smithy, the Axem Rangers, and Bowyer are a must. Not sure about Valentina and Dodo though

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As far as Geno-related spirit battles go, Croco, Smithy, the Axem Rangers, and Bowyer are a must. Not sure about Valentina and Dodo though
Just put every boss in along with a few other characters like Gaz (since he literally owns Geno [the doll]). Also would be cool if we got Mario, Peach, and Bowser's SMRPG spirits.

PS: Kinda hoping Gaz is in Geno's trailer. Would be neat to see him cheering on our favorite possessed puppet.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Two Nintendo ninjas showed up to my door once. I will never forget what they said.
"Wii would like to play"
"Their threats were extreme as they repeatedly destroyed me at Wii Sports bowling and apparently made intimate plans with my mother as a result of their victory. Then they shurikened the **** out of me."

MattX20

Smash Hero
I believe I said this before, but my personal guess is that the trailer is either going to be in a forest or Rosalina's getting thrashed by enemies and it concludes with Geno coming to her aid as a reference to the higher authority line.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Long-time primary Microsoft mascot at this point, over what started as an indie and wasn't all that popular (of a character pick) until semi-recently.
BK got in first because of their legacy and has had fan demand for awhile. No, one is definitely more likely than the other, but I'm not saying it's impossible for Steve to be in, it's just less likely than MC. (he) also has to technically overcome the "no indies have been made a fighter" yet hurdle, but if Geno can do so for no spirits, I think Steve could potentially, he just has an uphill battle with MC)

Who said that? Depending how many spirits can get in, I'd say he's pretty damn likely.
Steve was actually a popular pick during the Smash 4 days on Miiverse, and was still wanted by people even afterwards. Yes, he picked up steam after rumors in 2018, but the support has stuck around so that aspect isn’t much different than what happened to other characters who picked up steam between Smash 4 and Ultimate including popular ones. Microsoft uses Steve and Alex as mascots too, alongside other characters; a Microsoft store even had a human-sized statue (or cardboard thing) of Steve and no other characters (not a merch thing, one of those decoration things). Minecraft has also left a legacy in its decade-long existence. It has become hugely popular with people of all ages, and has inspired others in the industry including people at Nintendo; it was one of the games that influenced BotW, too. A lot of Steve fans are attached to him as the face of their favorite game. Sakurai loves Minecraft, too, and Nintendo especially seems to. According to Rare, Minecraft paved the way for Banjo-Kazooie’s inclusion in Smash.

Minecraft hasn’t been indie since 2014, and was getting big even a few years before then; it has no hurdle to overcome in that regard. If it was still an indie, then it’s much bigger than all that have appeared in Smash so far. I agree Chief may be likely to get the next spot, but there’s nothing really holding back Steve imo.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
How do you guys feel about Geno's placement in the second pass? I've heard some people say they think he's unlikely if he doesn't come as one of the first few, but I think he could make any one of the slots - I would just hope that he makes it in sooner rather than later, but what do you guys think?

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Well, no one said it, but back when you all submitted your lists of spirit/spirit battle ideas, no one really picked him and it made me sad. He hasn't been mentioned much and just deserves a little more love I think.

On a side note, maybe I'm weird, but I also wouldn't mind Boomer. :)

How do you guys feel about Geno's placement in the second pass?
I definitely expect him sooner rather than later... but these things are hard to tell, so I wouldn't really rule him out of being in a later slot.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
How do you guys feel about Geno's placement in the second pass? I've heard some people say they think he's unlikely if he doesn't come as one of the first few, but I think he could make any one of the slots - I would just hope that he makes it in sooner rather than later, but what do you guys think?
I say 50/50. I think he has good chances, but it never good to take victory in advance. I know that from experience
Edit - if he is in, I believe it will be in the middle

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain Geno will be one of the characters revealed this year. Whether the first or the last, we shall see.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain Geno will be one of the characters revealed this year. Whether the first or the last, we shall see.
I mean, assuming CacoMallow is real and/or Sakurai's "wanted character for the #5 slot" that Byleth took instead, was in fact Geno, he's way more likely to be earlier than later. Assuming we're getting 3 reveals before the Q3 Direct (Q1 Direct + 2 at E3), he'd be incredibly likely to be one of those three spots, and frankly he could be any of them.

Let's just agree to disagree at this point since we've been wildly OT anyway.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it’d be funny if he’s FP7, but I’m not sure what spot he’d take; I just hope he’s not last, though at least he’d still be in. I think he has a good shot at being the first or FP7, though. I think he’s very likely overall.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think he's our most likely 6 or 7 depending on what happens. I could still see him be 8 but if all 3 of those are revealed and none are Geno then I'm gonna be rather worried.

MarioTime

Smash Apprentice
I think Geno will be one of the first 3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Fighter's Pass 6, I'd expect someone a bit more mainstream. Geno really doesn't fit that, being obscure to a lot of people. I'd say 7 could fit, though. Or 8, 9, 10, or 11. Any of those feel more likely.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
For Fighter's Pass 6, I'd expect someone a bit more mainstream. Geno really doesn't fit that, being obscure to a lot of people. I'd say 7 could fit, though. Or 8, 9, 10, or 11. Any of those feel more likely.
Eh. He does what Joker does: Blow wide open the speculation on what characters could come with the rest of the pass (putting to rest the "Spirits deconfirm" argument once and for all). In addition, I'd say Joker wasn't all that "mainstream". Persona is definitely obscure to many people, especially those who don't touch "anything anime" (or rather anything, as my sister puts it, "very Japanese-y"). I personally have heard of Persona but had no clue who Joker was prior to his reveal.

So... no, I disagree completely. Geno could easily be #6 as he'd be the perfect choice for a near-similar experience to Joker, while having a much longer legacy with Smash and fan demand on top of that.

PS: If he's as obscure as you say he is, why would you think he'd get an E3 reveal? Why show obscure characters at E3? That doesn't make sense. Everyone knows DQ exists, and everyone knew BK. Neither were remotely obscure, even if you were one of the people who had no idea what DQ or BK was.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Eh. He does what Joker does: Blow wide open the speculation on what characters could come with the rest of the pass (putting to rest the "Spirits deconfirm" argument once and for all). In addition, I'd say Joker wasn't all that "mainstream". Persona is definitely obscure to many people, especially those who don't touch "anything anime" (or rather anything, as my sister puts it, "very Japanese-y"). I personally have heard of Persona but had no clue who Joker was prior to his reveal.

So... no, I disagree completely. Geno could easily be #6 as he'd be the perfect choice for a near-similar experience to Joker, while having a much longer legacy with Smash and fan demand on top of that.
Exactly, plus Geno's been mentioned by insiders for a good long while now, which implies no later than the 3rd fighter of this last season at the latest. Plus, Geno would still be the 7th DLC fighter overall if he's revealed first.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

PS: If he's as obscure as you say he is, why would you think he'd get an E3 reveal? Why show obscure characters at E3? That doesn't make sense. Everyone knows DQ exists, and everyone knew BK. Neither were remotely obscure, even if you were one of the people who had no idea what DQ or BK was.
I feel like trying to base FP2 off of FP1 will just be a fruitless task in general. FP1 and basegame were different and Sakurai has even stated FP2 is more extras and that probably influenced the philosophy when adding characters for it. And just in general, I don't think they're trying to fill some quota with each Fighter Pass, Nintendo just chooses whatever characters they think will be most beneficial to them with Sakurai probably twisting their arm sometimes to get fighters he'd want more.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I feel like trying to base FP2 off of FP1 will just be a fruitless task in general.
I'm not necessarily, but if I'm designing DLC characters and I'm selling a surprise pack, I'd absolutely want the first one to be something that gets people talking about "well if this character is in, then that opens the door for X Y Z". Geno is perfect for that as he obliterates Spirits Deconfirm.
As for E3 picks, well yeah, of course I'd want characters that make as many people as possible happy at an event that is watched by way more people than the Q1/Q3 directs are. That's just common sense.

FP1 and basegame were different
Mmm, kinda. Both FP1 and Base started strong (Joker/Everyone is Here!+Inkling), got even stronger towards the middle (DQ and BK were both massive to Japan/mostly-not-the-East respectively/Ridley, KKR, and Belmonts), had an "eh" towards the end (Terry/Isabelle), and a full dead stop disappointment at the very end (Byleth/Kencineroar+Plant). Regardless, that doesn't really matter.

and Sakurai has even stated FP2 is more extras and that probably influenced the philosophy when adding characters for it.
While I doubt we'll have mega-disappointing picks like Ken/Incineroar for the final 2 in Base, Plant for our first DLC, and Byleth for our final FP1 DLC, there will be "weaker" picks that will likely be for Q3 2020/Q1 2021. Overall though they'll likely be popular, but they don't want to pop off til E3, which is why I could see Geno being shown off first, having high fan demand (not the highest though) and getting people talking for the rest of the 5 slots for FP2.

And just in general, I don't think they're trying to fill some quota with each Fighter Pass, Nintendo just chooses whatever characters they think will be most beneficial to them with Sakurai probably twisting their arm sometimes to get fighters he'd want more.
Sure, but it still makes sense to fill any E3 reveals with the biggest or most fan-demanded characters, and characters outside of that still being wanted but likely not that big. I don't think it'll follow FP1 to a T, but I do think they nailed the first 3 pretty well, but should give the West a bit more of a bone for DLC. They did well with the West in base, but not as strong for DLC. FP2 likely corrects that a bit, giving both well-wanted West and East characters.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Had a big post but cut it down to this.

He does it in all his videos, it's meant to be charged and as gloating for the character that got in and it's the entire point of the video. If you aren't one of the people who it applies to then don't worry about it.

In regards to Steve's chances, my gut says the best we will get is a Mii Costume. Minecraft has a lot going for it but there is a really long list of character requests and Steve falls somewhere int he middle, though that's better than the other indie reps that fall near the bottom. I still think we aren't getting more Microsoft content but in the event I'm wrong Master Chief has way more pull.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Joker was also way more mainstream and from a heavily major game at the time. SMRPG was big back in the day, but it's not very well known even now. It's actually one of the more obscure Super Mario games. It took forever to get to the UK, which helped spread it more worldwide, at least.

So I don't see it the same situation at all. I'd compare it more to BK at this point, the only one in a semi-similar situation(though not entirely, as BK has been kept mainstream thanks to Microsoft constantly advertising it, a huge difference). But otherwise, the lack of a literal new appearance, and a major fan favorite. DQ kind of covers the "not as well known everywhere", for a comparison as well.

Sure, I didn't know who Joker was either. Problem is, I should have at that point. Persona 5 was a huge game and did amazingly well. It dropped under my radar, but I know a lot more obscure games than mainstream ones anyway. I'm weird that way. A game that's well known to tons of people feels more likely to me to sell the pass. The character should be fairly well known(I'd say Scorpion level of known. Very iconic to start it off, especially after Byleth, who had a way worse reception than Piranha Plant. Though to be fair, one was free temporarily anyway, and Mario tends to get a double standard of "it's okay to have more cause it's Mario", which is debatable how fair that is).

Anyway, clear case of agree to disagree. I just don't see him mainstream enough to Joker levels to make a good pass starter. I think he has a good choice for the later ones, though.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I mean, assuming CacoMallow is real and/or Sakurai's "wanted character for the #5 slot" that Byleth took instead, was in fact Geno
I'll like to point this out.
Currently, we're only at a few characters That we publicly know, that Sakurai wanted in Smash but due to everything going on at that time, it just couldn't happen.
And right now, Geno is one of the few characters with lots of rumors, leaks, and simply things lining up for his inclusion That Sakurai said he wanted.
I'm pretty sure of this, if Sakurai "wanted a character for #5 but was moved", this could seriously be Geno.
NOW WHAT A COINCIDENCE?
-2 song takedowns, songs that seriously fit Geno super well, and evidence that the 2 songs that were taken down having around if not over 1 million views, meaning this was completely meaningful to take down the most popular version of these 2 songs.
-Mallow and Smithy Miis being leaked, this likely isn't leakbait due to barely any "leakbait" was full-on lying besides Verge's Minecraft issue, and everything this Mii Costumer Leaker has claimed has gotten right, meaning unless we're getting Mallow and Smithy playable, these have a high chance of coming.
-Sakurai not stating anything negative about spirit upgrades and infact implying things in columns that help our case.
-Geno's Mii being missing, only video game character Mii to get a splash screen, meaning that they know not only the importance of Geno, but SMRPG as a whole.
-Sakurai stating there is "too many swordfighters", implying there will be less swordfighters in the pass, possibly meaning every character in the leaked Square Memo besides Geno could be picked due to be different and requested.
-Sakurai implying/saying that Fighters Pass 2 will make "Upset fans happy", meaning that Nintendo could of picked more requested fighters to finish up some last requests.
-etc.

It's possible.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Joker was also way more mainstream and from a heavily major game at the time. SMRPG was big back in the day, but it's not very well known even now. It's actually one of the more obscure Super Mario games. It took forever to get to the UK, which helped spread it more worldwide, at least.

So I don't see it the same situation at all. I'd compare it more to BK at this point, the only one in a semi-similar situation(though not entirely, as BK has been kept mainstream thanks to Microsoft constantly advertising it, a huge difference). But otherwise, the lack of a literal new appearance, and a major fan favorite. DQ kind of covers the "not as well known everywhere", for a comparison as well.

Sure, I didn't know who Joker was either. Problem is, I should have at that point. Persona 5 was a huge game and did amazingly well. It dropped under my radar, but I know a lot more obscure games than mainstream ones anyway. I'm weird that way. A game that's well known to tons of people feels more likely to me to sell the pass. The character should be fairly well known(I'd say Scorpion level of known. Very iconic to start it off, especially after Byleth, who had a way worse reception than Piranha Plant. Though to be fair, one was free temporarily anyway, and Mario tends to get a double standard of "it's okay to have more cause it's Mario", which is debatable how fair that is).

Anyway, clear case of agree to disagree. I just don't see him mainstream enough to Joker levels to make a good pass starter. I think he has a good choice for the later ones, though.
I agree with you generally about this topic but the one part I disagree with is that SMRPG is not well known now.

It's incredibly popular in speedrunning events in the fact that it shows up a lot, it was listed as #28 in Game Informer's Top 100 RPGs, it was big enough to include on the SNES Classic considering they picked only 21 games, and for the most part anyone who has played a Mario RPG after that has learned about SMRPG in some way, shape or form.

Is it as popular as Persona 5? No not at all. However, it's not nearly as obscure as you are treating it to be. When speaking of older RPGs from before the PS2 days it is still rather well known. I think the better term is niche, as SMRPG appeals mostly to those who like retro RPGs and to a lesser extend RPGs as a whole where as games like Persona 5 reach JRPGs and RPGs as well as having dating sim aspects and games like Fortnite reach basically anyone with a console because they are more modern and designed to reach bigger audiences.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with you generally about this topic but the one part I disagree with is that SMRPG is not well known now.

It's incredibly popular in speedrunning events in the fact that it shows up a lot, it was listed as #28 in Game Informer's Top 100 RPGs, it was big enough to include on the SNES Classic considering they picked only 21 games, and for the most part anyone who has played a Mario RPG after that has learned about SMRPG in some way, shape or form.

Is it as popular as Persona 5? No not at all. However, it's not nearly as obscure as you are treating it to be. When speaking of older RPGs from before the PS2 days it is still rather well known. I think the better term is niche, as SMRPG appeals mostly to those who like retro RPGs and to a lesser extend RPGs as a whole where as games like Persona 5 reach JRPGs and RPGs as well as having dating sim aspects and games like Fortnite reach basically anyone with a console because they are more modern and designed to reach bigger audiences.
It used to be obscure, yeah. Now it isn't thanks to finally being worldwide. I wouldn't call it on the same level as Persona 5 either way(which would be agree upon) regardless.

I think fully mainstream but unexpected has a better chance for the pass opener. Geno doesn't fit that category, unfortunately. Man, I want this game remade...

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Moptimus, I had a whole thing written up, but yeah we're gonna just agree to disagree at this point.

NOW WHAT A COINCIDENCE?
Coincidence indeed. I could add some of that stuff to the list, but I wanted less speculative stuff like "Sakurai says too many swordfighters = higher chances for Geno" (with the one exception of the Belmonts/the poll because I say so).

Is it as popular as Persona 5? No not at all. However, it's not nearly as obscure as you are treating it to be.
Also this, but I do question if Persona 5 actually *is* "as popular". Depends what you mean by popularity. "Right at this very moment in time"? Absolutely, Persona 5 definitely wins, but SMRPG has had a long ass time to become known. It's had 4 releases in the West (SNES, Wii, Wii U, SNES Classic), a semi-kinda-recent first release in PAL areas, and however many releases in Japan. It's been constantly praised and talked about by many gamers for a long time, to this day is still talked about, and is in the Speedrunning circles along other classics from the SNES days.

I think the better term is niche, as SMRPG appeals mostly to those who like retro RPGs and to a lesser extend RPGs as a whole
Yeah, that sounds way better. I will definitely agree to the niche thing, but not at all obscurity, unless you live in a country that hasn't had its first release of the game be in the 90s. Obscure are those random (usually bad) games you never hear about, usually from the NES days. Does anyone remember the crap Square used to make prior to Final Fantasy like King's Knight? (and that's not even their most obscure. I mean hell, take a look at their list and look at everything they put out prior to FF1, of which I've only heard of Rad Racer, and King's Knight, obviously)

It used to be obscure, yeah.
Not in the US or Japan though.

Geno doesn't fit that category, unfortunately.
So who do you think opens FP2 better? Crash is too big to not be an E3 reveal. Geno as you said isn't big enough but you still think he's gonna be an E3 reveal, so I don't know what to think anymore.

Man, I want this game remade...
I half-do and half-don't. Do because YEAH THAT'D BE AWESOME! Don't because I think it would ruin the rather iconic art style. Instead of a remake, I'd gladly take a 'remastered' port for the Switch. Still the same art style, but some things touched up, and maybe some additional content, balancing, and etc stuff thrown in. I'd be way too scared for an art style change after seeing what happened to Mario & Luigi... *shudders*.

Or say **** it and throw the randomizer in there for SMRPG... Speaking of which, I'd kill for some of the very popular randomizers to be made official, such as Pokemon, ALTTPR, SMR... ALTTP+SM, etc. Those randomizers people have made have breathed new life into old games. ALTTPR (and SMR too but I don't play it) especially because it's a really fun system where every single chest you find is suspenseful and might be that one item you need to progress. It's a great feeling I don't feel too often in video games and I wish new games would do it without the game being terrible or the system being bad.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
who do you think opens FP2 better? Crash is too big to not be an E3 reveal. Geno as you said isn't big enough but you still think he's gonna be an E3 reveal, so I don't know what to think anymore.
Crash doesn't need to be e3 whatsoever. Definitely a better pass opener to get more interested. Scorpion, as I noted, definitely counts. You have Master Chief, Doomguy, or Steve as other excellent mainstream options. They're all major ones(though Doomguy is already practically out. No effect on the Cacomallow leak, mind you). Sora and Travis Touchdown are other ones. Those are the off the top of my head.

I would say it was kind of obscure in the US and Japan for a while too. A lot of people didn't seriously know of the game. Not until it finally hit the VC at best. It's a cult classic, but hasn't been really known outside of emulation stuff much for a while. The lack of releases can sometimes do that. It didn't help that instead of getting a true sequel like planned, Paper Mario took over and threw it out of the spotlight. It definitely is known again far more.

I half-do and half-don't. Do because YEAH THAT'D BE AWESOME! Don't because I think it would ruin the rather iconic art style. Instead of a remake, I'd gladly take a 'remastered' port for the Switch. Still the same art style, but some things touched up, and maybe some additional content, balancing, and etc stuff thrown in. I'd be way too scared for an art style change after seeing what happened to Mario & Luigi... *shudders*.
A thing that needs touching up is how isometric is very difficult to play under. This makes timing super hard with jumping. 3D isn't much better, mind you. The artstyle sure, but I'm not sure I agree with the same 2.5 overworld. Maybe more true 3D instead? You can do that with the same artstyle, though.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Had a big post but cut it down to this.

He does it in all his videos, it's meant to be charged and as gloating for the character that got in and it's the entire point of the video. If you aren't one of the people who it applies to then don't worry about it.

In regards to Steve's chances, my gut says the best we will get is a Mii Costume. Minecraft has a lot going for it but there is a really long list of character requests and Steve falls somewhere int he middle, though that's better than the other indie reps that fall near the bottom. I still think we aren't getting more Microsoft content but in the event I'm wrong Master Chief has way more pull.
I’ve seen his other videos and he didn’t do anything rude to generalize other character fanbases that I can recall. He could also be making the B-K fanbase look bad though depending on how you look at it so I guess it’s just dumb in general.

And alright, whatever, but Steve has had fan demand even before Smash 4 stuff ended and he isn’t indie anymore, so that doesn’t matter. Even if he was still indie it wouldn’t matter because it’s still being treated as one of the “big games” like Mario. And frankly I don’t see how Chief is 100% locked in for the next MS rep, I think he has a good shot as well but I feel everyone is just downplaying Steve for silly reasons. I see more pull for Steve, even.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I’ve seen his other videos and he didn’t do anything rude to generalize other character fanbases that I can recall. He could also be making the B-K fanbase look bad though depending on how you look at it so I guess it’s just dumb in general.

And alright, whatever, but Steve has had fan demand even before Smash 4 stuff ended and he isn’t indie anymore, so that doesn’t matter. Even if he was still indie it wouldn’t matter because it’s still being treated as one of the “big games” like Mario. And frankly I don’t see how Chief is 100% locked in for the next MS rep, I think he has a good shot as well but I feel everyone is just downplaying Steve for silly reasons. I see more pull for Steve, even.
I think Microsoft would be more interested in pushing Master Chief because of Halo Infinite releasing later this year. Steve has a chance, but I think MS is going to focus more on Halo for a promotional push, especially in Japanese markets if the rumors about the Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch are true.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Microsoft would be more interested in pushing Master Chief because of Halo Infinite releasing later this year. Steve has a chance, but I think MS is going to focus more on Halo for a promotional push, especially in Japanese markets if the rumors about the Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch are true.
That makes sense, but it’s up to Nintendo. They let Rare push for Banjo, maybe Mojang could get involved.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
He did also hint at a Geno vid at the end of K Rool's (which just makes me more depressed than anything tbh) but he seems like a real Genobro.
As long as he is one of the six fighters. That is all I care about. Let's hope we get more information sooner rather than later but either way, I just want Geno for Smash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom