• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Just put every boss in along with a few other characters like Gaz (since he literally owns Geno [the doll]). Also would be cool if we got Mario, Peach, and Bowser's SMRPG spirits.

PS: Kinda hoping Gaz is in Geno's trailer. Would be neat to see him cheering on our favorite possessed puppet.
Im thinking it would be a world of light reveal, similar to Hero. The Geno spirit possesses a doll to help save Mario, Peach, and Bowser.

Also if you think about it, you get Peach, Bowser and Mario pretty early on in the story, so that would make some sense, kind of.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I can personally see some kind of video involving Mario, Bowser and Peach. I can also see it kind of referencing the Spirit battle in the main game that in some way shows Geno "breaking the rules" or something that makes him playable.

Who knows. I just need some Geno in my life.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
“Ahem. Let’s begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!” Monokuma said, sitting in his chair in a regal manner.

“If you can figure out who committed murder, I’ll punish the Blackened and force them out of Smash’s roster, forever. But if you pick the dreadfully wrong one~... Then everyone BESIDES the Blackened is forced out of Smash!”

Terry clenched his fist. How did things get this bad? Everything was so perfect this morning. Why did Shantae have to die? He couldn’t believe it happened: in fact, it was like he could still feel her spirit, lingering.

“Okay. Let’s go over the motive again.” Eight said. His eyes scanned the room of “contestants”, wincing every time he looked at one of the pictures of their dead friends. It was especially hard, since the picture of Isaac was sitting right next to him.

“Right, right. The motive was a Smash Invite. Whoever got out of this receives a formal invite to Smash, with a blank name. Meaning, even if you were already in, you could hand it to someone else.” Mario said, as he stroked his mustache.

“Nobody here is that altruistic, I don’t think. It had to be someone that isn’t in yet.” Kazooie said, her pessimism shining through. Banjo was too busy guzzling honey and waving his invite in front of Master Chief to care about the dead genie.

“Th-then, it had t-t-t-to be Terry, Sans, Ryu Hyubusa or Geno! F-Fe-fess up!” Ike stuttered. He wasn’t man enough to handle this type of intensity.

“Oh? I noticed you didn’t accuse Byleth. Why not? Hiding something?” Sans said cooly. He didn’t need to take this kinda crap from an anime swordsman.

“Sakurai always lets our homies in. Naturally, Byleth has nothing to worry about. Ergo, he has no motive.” Corrin said, with both conviction and annoyance. He was always having to clean up after Ike’s mistakes.

Ike nodded silently along. He hoped he could be as cool as Corrin, some day.

“Well, it wasn’t me. My attacks are little pellets that poison you-the hole is too big, and there was no poison found in Shantae.” Sans said.

“My blade isn’t nearly small enough to make a hole that size. Also, I’ve been leaked, so why would I want to do this?” Ryu said, shocked that he had to defend himself from a loser like Ike.

“That leaves Terry and Geno. Terry is big and beefy-he could’ve shoved his finger into her heart and killed her!” Kazooie claimed, in vague hopes that one of them would confess. She really didn’t want an anime boy or an RPG lad eating ANOTHER DLC slot.

“Hey, come on.” Terry said. He was trying to think of a way to defend himself from this onslaught of heat that Ike the Loser brought to him.

“I have no weapons that could do such a thing on my body. Also, there would be splinters if I killed her by hand-“

“POWAH WAVE” Terry yelled, as he shot a Truth Bullet at Geno, breaking the claim. The evidence showed that his hand can become a gun!

“Wow, wait a sec...” Joker said. “It’s all adding up. Geno is from a dead franchise, so this was his only shot! (HAHA PUN UNINTENDED, GUYS KEK) He shot her because he has no chance otherwise!”

“That explains the BB’s we found!” Duck Hunt said, giggling.

“N-no! I can explain...” Geno stammered. He was sweating.

“This is just like when Isaac killed Shadow. You have no chance, so you had to drag others down to try and break through.” Sonic said, mad.

“...SO WHAT IF I DID? WE DESERVE IT! WE’RE PART OF NINTENDO! MOST OF YOU LOSERS ARE JUST 3RD PARTY TRASH! NOT EVEN ICONS! THIS IS MY LAST SHOT!” Geno screamed, frothing at the mouth.

“Looks like I’ve revealed your true form” Joker said, smiling. He never liked dumb dolls.

Everybody voted for Geno.

Monokuma turned toward the doll, several Smash letters in hand.

“You don’t deserve anything, doll. You’re not even remembered by millennials, the biggest group of nostalgic weirdo’s there are! All you deserve is death!” Monokuma said.

“W-Whats that in your hand?” Geno asked.

“Hm? Oh. A few Smash letters. We’re on DLC 4 and 5. Also, there’s gonna be more characters after that, too!”

“W-what? I could’ve been #5? Or 6, even? I didn’t need to-“

“Nope! Sure didn’t!” Monokuma said, pocketing one letter, and throwing the other at Terry. He was thinking of inviting himself to Smash.

Geno crumpled to the ground, defeated.

“Shantae, I-I’m-“

“LET’S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE’VE GOT. IIIIIIIIITS PUNISHMENT TIME!” Monokuma yelled.

“SOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!!!” Geno yelled.

Monokuma smacked the Punishment button with his gavel. An 8 bit Geno was being dragged away on the machine, a symbol of what was to come.

In the real world, Geno was now trapped in a TV. He saw a familiar console come in front of him. It was... an N64? His home.

A child put in a cartridge that said “Mario RPG” on it. As the game booted up, Geno felt his body move on its own! He was being controlled by the little boy!

The little boy made him fight high level enemies that he wasn’t ready to face yet, over and over again. His gun broke, his clothes were tattered, and his ears hurt from the little boy’s screams about how hard the game sucks. Suddenly, a gorilla lands a critical hit on him, smashing (KEK I PROMISE THESE AREN’T ON PURPOSE) him apart!

Eventually, the boy called in his mom, Square Enix. The parent was upset that the video game was making their son violent, so she threw it into the trash, along with Geno. The trash is labeled “Dead Franchises.” Before Geno bled out, he saw that Shu and Chrono’s corpses were in here, too. Shu was eaten by some sort of big lizard, and Chrono was a skeleton, degraded away by time.

Geno closed his eyes. This was his fate.

The boy is then seen playing Dragon Quest, having forgotten Geno and his game.

“Are you okay?” Terry asked Geno’s corpse.

He wasn’t.

He hadn’t been for some time now.

And he never would be, again.
Nice fanfic. Ain't readin' it, though.
WhenGenoSeesUrPP.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“Ahem. Let’s begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!” Monokuma said, sitting in his chair in a regal manner.

“If you can figure out who committed murder, I’ll punish the Blackened and force them out of Smash’s roster, forever. But if you pick the dreadfully wrong one~... Then everyone BESIDES the Blackened is forced out of Smash!”

Terry clenched his fist. How did things get this bad? Everything was so perfect this morning. Why did Shantae have to die? He couldn’t believe it happened: in fact, it was like he could still feel her spirit, lingering.

“Okay. Let’s go over the motive again.” Eight said. His eyes scanned the room of “contestants”, wincing every time he looked at one of the pictures of their dead friends. It was especially hard, since the picture of Isaac was sitting right next to him.

“Right, right. The motive was a Smash Invite. Whoever got out of this receives a formal invite to Smash, with a blank name. Meaning, even if you were already in, you could hand it to someone else.” Mario said, as he stroked his mustache.

“Nobody here is that altruistic, I don’t think. It had to be someone that isn’t in yet.” Kazooie said, her pessimism shining through. Banjo was too busy guzzling honey and waving his invite in front of Master Chief to care about the dead genie.

“Th-then, it had t-t-t-to be Terry, Sans, Ryu Hyubusa or Geno! F-Fe-fess up!” Ike stuttered. He wasn’t man enough to handle this type of intensity.

“Oh? I noticed you didn’t accuse Byleth. Why not? Hiding something?” Sans said cooly. He didn’t need to take this kinda crap from an anime swordsman.

“Sakurai always lets our homies in. Naturally, Byleth has nothing to worry about. Ergo, he has no motive.” Corrin said, with both conviction and annoyance. He was always having to clean up after Ike’s mistakes.

Ike nodded silently along. He hoped he could be as cool as Corrin, some day.

“Well, it wasn’t me. My attacks are little pellets that poison you, and there was no poison found in Shantae.” Sans said.

“My blade isn’t nearly small enough to make a hole that size. Also, I’ve been leaked, so why would I want to do this?” Ryu said, shocked that he had to defend himself from a loser like Ike.

“That leaves Terry and Geno. Terry is big and beefy-he could’ve shoved his finger into her heart and killed her!” Kazooie claimed, in vague hopes that one of them would confess. She really didn’t want an anime boy or an RPG lad eating ANOTHER DLC slot.

“Hey, come on.” Terry said. He was trying to think of a way to defend himself from this onslaught of heat that Ike the Loser brought to him.

“I have no weapons that could do such a thing on my body. Also, there would be splinters if I killed her by hand-“

“POWAH WAVE” Terry yelled, as he shot a Truth Bullet at Geno, breaking the claim. The evidence showed that his hand can become a gun!

“Wow, wait a sec...” Joker said. “It’s all adding up. Geno is from a dead franchise, so this was his only shot! (HAHA PUN UNINTENDED, GUYS KEK) He shot her because he has no chance otherwise!”

“That explains the BB’s we found!” Duck Hunt said, giggling.

“N-no! I can explain...” Geno stammered. He was sweating.

“This is just like when Isaac killed Shadow. You have no chance, so you had to drag others down to try and break through.” Sonic said, mad.

“...SO WHAT IF I DID? WE DESERVE IT! WE’RE PART OF NINTENDO! MOST OF YOU LOSERS ARE JUST 3RD PARTY TRASH! NOT EVEN ICONS! THIS IS MY LAST SHOT!” Geno screamed, frothing at the mouth.

“Looks like I’ve revealed your true form” Joker said, smiling. He never liked dumb dolls.

Everybody voted for Geno.

Monokuma turned toward the doll, several Smash letters in hand.

“You don’t deserve anything, doll. You’re not even remembered by millennials, the biggest group of nostalgic weirdo’s there are! All you deserve is death!” Monokuma said.

“W-Whats that in your hand?” Geno asked.

“Hm? Oh. A few Smash letters. We’re on DLC 4 and 5. Also, there’s gonna be more characters after that, too!”

“W-what? I could’ve been #5? Or 6, even? I didn’t need to-“

“Nope! Sure didn’t!” Monokuma said, pocketing one letter, and throwing the other at Terry. He was thinking of inviting himself to Smash.

Geno crumpled to the ground, defeated.

“Shantae, I-I’m-“

“LET’S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE’VE GOT. IIIIIIIIITS PUNISHMENT TIME!” Monokuma yelled.

“SOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!!!” Geno yelled.

Monokuma smacked the Punishment button with his gavel. An 8 bit Geno was being dragged away on the machine, a symbol of what was to come.

In the real world, Geno was now trapped in a TV. He saw a familiar console come in front of him. It was... an N64? His home.

A child put in a cartridge that said “Mario RPG” on it. As the game booted up, Geno felt his body move on its own! He was being controlled by the little boy!

The little boy made him fight high level enemies that he wasn’t ready to face yet, over and over again. His gun broke, his clothes were tattered, and his ears hurt from the little boy’s screams about how hard the game sucks. Suddenly, a gorilla lands a critical hit on him, smashing (KEK I PROMISE THESE AREN’T ON PURPOSE) him apart!

Eventually, the boy called in his mom, Square Enix. The parent was upset that the video game was making their son violent, so she threw it into the trash, along with Geno. The trash is labeled “Dead Franchises.” Before Geno bled out, he saw that Shu and Chrono’s corpses were in here, too. Shu was eaten by some sort of big lizard, and Chrono was a skeleton, degraded away by time.

Geno closed his eyes. This was his fate.

The boy is then seen playing Dragon Quest, having forgotten Geno and his game.

“Are you okay?” Terry asked Geno’s corpse.

He wasn’t.

He hadn’t been for some time now.

And he never would be, again.
What kind of stupid fanfic is this?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A troll implies that they're capable of making others mad, this guy just wanted to share his fanfic with us. I don't see anything wrong with that, really.
Could spoiler it, at least. It's really freaking huge as a post. Otherwise, I don't see the issue? Spam at best??

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yeah, having a "fan-fic" that kicks Geno out of Smash Roster in the Geno thread wouldn't cause any problems. Plus, the user just made the account and right away posts in the Geno thread with an Anti-Geno message. Totally not a troll/flamer. I obviously read the "fan-fic" incorrectly.

I should post my "fan-fica" of how Sora, Shantea and Steve will never, ever, ever get into Smash at all and that will NOT be considered either trolling/framing/ etc. and will be welcomed in those said threads.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
A troll implies that they're capable of making others mad, this guy just wanted to share his fanfic with us. I don't see anything wrong with that, really.
I didn't read the whole thing but I caught glimpses like "Monokuma's Punishment" (for anyone who has no idea about Danganronpa, Monokuma only doles out executions as punishments) and "Geno's corpse". Definitely not a fanfic that should be in here, especially not as a first post. If that's not a troll post, I really don't know what is. They made an account to start with posting anti-Geno garbage in Geno's thread.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From its posting in the Newcomer Speculation Thread, it's a creepypasta. So uh, yeah, spam. Pointless, too.

If it matters, the idea for Monokuma even then is for executions of playable characters as is, since it's a Final Smash idea. Either way, very odd.

Fair point on the spoiler tag thing. ._.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
literal ****post
Damn man, this is on a level of length like my posts, and despite how much people may argue about the content in my posts mine definitely have more to offer than whatever trash this is.

And I thought people were starting to dislike me in this thread, thanks for taking off some heat for me man. What a lad!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Why do people keep saying that Geno is most likely to be 6,7, or 8, and if we get to 9 his chances go down? I feel like there's no basis at all for this but everyone keeps saying it. He's just as likely for 9,10, and 11 as he is for 6,7, and 8. Just like literally every other character.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yeah, having a "fan-fic" that kicks Geno out of Smash Roster in the Geno thread wouldn't cause any problems. Plus, the user just made the account and right away posts in the Geno thread with an Anti-Geno message. Totally not a troll/flamer. I obviously read the "fan-fic" incorrectly.

I should post my "fan-fica" of how Sora, Shantea and Steve will never, ever, ever get into Smash at all and that will NOT be considered either trolling/framing/ etc. and will be welcomed in those said threads.
Is there a love triangle going on?

I didn't read the whole thing but I caught glimpses like "Monokuma's Punishment" (for anyone who has no idea about Danganronpa, Monokuma only doles out executions as punishments) and "Geno's corpse". Definitely not a fanfic that should be in here, especially not as a first post. If that's not a troll post, I really don't know what is. They made an account to start with posting anti-Geno garbage in Geno's thread.
"Geno's corpse"? He's a star spirit posessing a doll, how can he have a corpse? That's a plot hole.

Damn man, this is on a level of length like my posts, and despite how much people may argue about the content in my posts mine definitely have more to offer than whatever trash this is.

And I thought people were starting to dislike me in this thread, thanks for taking off some heat for me man. What a lad!
I don't hate you, man. I just want you to spoiler your posts.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Why do people keep saying that Geno is most likely to be 6,7, or 8, and if we get to 9 his chances go down? I feel like there's no basis at all for this but everyone keeps saying it. He's just as likely for 9,10, and 11 as he is for 6,7, and 8. Just like literally every other character.
Some of the things in his favor, such as the copyright takedowns and CacoMallow, lose some steam if they go on too long. Doesn't mean it's a for sure thing he's deconfirmed, just makes you wonder how long those Mii costume were made in advance and if they really needed to take down those songs ~2 years prior (if he's shown at E3 2021).

"Geno's corpse"? He's a star spirit posessing a doll, how can he have a corpse? That's a plot hole.
I mean, true, but you might need to take it up with the game then. What happens when you hit 0 HP? He's knocked out, leaving behind an unconscious corpse-like... corpse of a doll. Yeah, total plot hole though considering he can JUST BAIL OUT OF THE DOLL.
... oh **** what if that's Geno's UpB? Similar to Bowser Jr/Koopalings?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
One of these days everyone on here will learn not to feed the trolls

Hopefully before the heat death of the universe but I’m not holding my breath

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it's a fanfic where Geno gets killed and booted out of the Smash roster in a Danganronpa trial. And he posted it in a Geno thread. And it was written by an account made less than an hour ago.
That seems pretty troll-like to me.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Need to balance things out here by writing my own pro-Geno fan fic

clears throat

There it was, all the Square characters (besides Cloud and Hero) lining up side by side to try and stop Geno from getting in Smash. They stood at the ready, willing to stop him by any means necessary. Geno's hand only tightened around the Smash invitation that he had rightfully earned. Mario was waiting for him, Peach and Bowser were waiting for him, maybe he'd even see Mallow again once he got in. It all came down to this final battle.
Then Geno did a super OP Geno whirl that did 9999 damage to everyone and he got in Smash, the end.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for the reports. In the future, please do report any questionable posts so the staff can look into it. The user has since been removed from the site due to an unapproved alternate account and will be removing the post in question. The staff has been monitoring the situation for some time now and reporting or, at the least, pinging is tremendously helps. I do ask to not quote the offending post or any other subsequent post they may have made as well as to avoid continuing what transpired here. Thanks!

wow, I handled this while making cheeseburgers and fries for my kids lol.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Some of the things in his favor, such as the copyright takedowns and CacoMallow, lose some steam if they go on too long. Doesn't mean it's a for sure thing he's deconfirmed, just makes you wonder how long those Mii costume were made in advance and if they really needed to take down those songs ~2 years prior (if he's shown at E3 2021).

I mean, true, but you might need to take it up with the game then. What happens when you hit 0 HP? He's knocked out, leaving behind an unconscious corpse-like... corpse of a doll. Yeah, total plot hole though considering he can JUST BAIL OUT OF THE DOLL.
Realistically, cacomallow is on life support already since it's been so long. Do we really have to wait until DLC 8 to say it's not real? If it's not 6 it's either fake or it got moved to later, let alone 7 or 8. And the copyrights aren't really time sensitive since all 6 have already been decided.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
That was actually my idea for an Up-Special in my Geno Moveset Post.

I mean, it's a fanfic where Geno gets killed and booted out of the Smash roster in a Danganronpa trial. And he posted it in a Geno thread. And it was written by an account made less than an hour ago.
That seems pretty troll-like to me.
Actually, he apparently didn't even make it himself.
Idk, lol.

I got this copypasta somewhere else.
Honestly, that's the part that disappoints me the most about his post.

Realistically, cacomallow is on life support already since it's been so long. Do we really have to wait until DLC 8 to say it's not real? If it's not 6 it's either fake or it got moved to later, let alone 7 or 8. And the copyrights aren't really time sensitive since all 6 have already been decided.
I'm giving it until the end of the year. If nothing happens til' then, into the trash it goes. Not sure how likely that'll be, though.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Need to balance things out here by writing my own pro-Geno fan fic

clears throat

There it was, all the Square characters (besides Cloud and Hero) lining up side by side to try and stop Geno from getting in Smash. They stood at the ready, willing to stop him by any means necessary. Geno's hand only tightened around the Smash invitation that he had rightfully earned. Mario was waiting for him, Peach and Bowser were waiting for him, maybe he'd even see Mallow again once he got in. It all came down to this final battle.
Then Geno did a super OP Geno whirl that did 9999 damage to everyone and he got in Smash, the end.
Are we doing Geno fanfics now? Okay, here's mine.

"Geno finally got into Smash. And then..."
Any resemblance to any literary work about unattractive shellfish is completely unintentional

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Are we doing Geno fanfics now? Okay, here's mine.

"Geno finally got into Smash. And then..."
Any resemblance to any literary work about unattractive shellfish is completely unintentional
You can truly see the author's soul spill out on the page with this one.

Really, it's gross and got all over the place, can someone please get me some paper towels?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Realistically, cacomallow is on life support already since it's been so long.
I disagree. MEGALOVANIA was copyright taken down for 9 months. We don't know the exact date of the takedowns for the SMRPG songs, but it was around E3 which takes place in June. If we look at our calendars... Oh would you look at that, it's been 9 months since then! ;) Even if he's not shown this month, I'd still say there's some wiggle room, but past E3, it starts to look weaker unless Mii costumes were made years in advance, and why do that? The chance they get leaked only goes up and up.

For the record, the BK one I can't find an exact date, but I did find a tweet pointing to December, which would mean nearly 6 months between copyright and reveal. Could have been longer though.

Edit: Whoops forgot this part: As for CacoMallow specifically, well, we haven't had any Mii costume leaks, so idk. That said, they've been up shorter than the copyright songs, which makes sense since it's a press of a few buttons for a copyright takedown and actual art assets needing to be added for Mii costumes.

Do we really have to wait until DLC 8 to say it's not real?
No, it just loses steam, and DLC 8 at least in my mind (after much thought and pressure from Fatman saying so) will be revealed at E3 this year.

If it's not 6 it's either fake or it got moved to later, let alone 7 or 8.
Hence why it loses steam instead of being outright fake. You just proved it yourself that it's "either fake, OR pushed to later".

and the copyrights aren't really time sensitive since all 6 have already been decided.
I do agree the copyrights aren't as sensitive as CacoMallow, but I do think it would be weird to see 2-year copyrights for a reason like this, idk.

I'm giving it until the end of the year. If nothing happens til' then, into the trash it goes. Not sure how likely that'll be, though.
Gives more weight to that whole "we're parallel universe copies of each other" thought, huh?

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Thank you for the reports. In the future, please do report any questionable posts so the staff can look into it. The user has since been removed from the site due to an unapproved alternate account and will be removing the post in question. The staff has been monitoring the situation for some time now and reporting or, at the least, pinging is tremendously helps. I do ask to not quote the offending post or any other subsequent post they may have made as well as to avoid continuing what transpired here. Thanks!

wow, I handled this while making cheeseburgers and fries for my kids lol.
That takes skill, I am terrible at multitasking.

Also, I feel vindicated.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I remember it being spelled "Berenstein" but pronounced "Berenstain".
I don't know what this means.
It's a Mandela effect thing where *many* people remember it spelled as "stein" and pronounced "Steen" or "Sty-n", so I'm not sure what that says about your universe.

I personally didn't have any of the books growing up, but I do vaguely recall being in the group of people who remember "stein".

That's an easy one - Geno becomes a playable fighter in fighter pass 2.
Also this, yes.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Ive actually seen that exact same geno bashing danganronpa trial before on gamefaqs. It was probably a few months ago

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ive actually seen that exact same geno bashing danganronpa trial before on gamefaqs. It was probably a few months ago
Oh, now I know who the evader was. Typical.

But really, guy doesn't know when to quit, heh.

Anyway, maybe I can find a decent sprite of Geno and work on some fun costume designs. I only really have the skills to recolor sprites. Not impressive, even with some of my best work, but still. Though I guess I could recolor sprites I made myself?? I've only made a tiny few, anyway.
toyagumon8colors.png

This is more or less what I mean. It's not as simple as "replace the same colors" either. What's important is sometimes you need to edit pixels so they look right. Exact changes aren't enough. It's, again, not super impressive or major work compared to recoloring a model by any means, but it's still delicate. So if I can find a good Geno sprite, I'll try my hand at it~

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t like that fanfic, he got Sans’s character and attacks wrong; the Geno and SMRPG stuff is wrong as well, and seems rude.

I know he was likely a troll, I just stopped reading for a moment after Sans and went back to read some of the Geno stuff, and had the urge to comment on it.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
I don’t like that fanfic, he got Sans’s character and attacks wrong; the Geno and SMRPG stuff is wrong as well, and seems rude.

I know he was likely a troll, I just stopped reading for a moment after Sans and went back to read some of the Geno stuff, and had the urge to comment on it.
>joins thread again
>find out people are talking about Geno fanfics

Im disgusted we have sunk this low when trying to find discussions about Geno for Smash...

Anyone have the link?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Anyone have the link?
Yeah, Mike has it quoted above. Here's his post for easy access:

PS: It's not like a sexy R34 fanfic, nor is it really worth your time. I read a snippit and it involves a Danganronpa-esque trial that ends up with Geno dead.

Im disgusted we have sunk this low when trying to find discussions about Geno for Smash...
Blame Nintendo for being Nintendo on the news, ree.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I have come to the startling realization that after Animal Crossing there isn't a single Nintendo published title that actually has a confirmed release date. Meaning that if there is no direct this week, I'm 99% confident there won't be one this month period, and after March 20th we will be in a insanely weird limbo where we know quite literally nothing about what Nintendo is actually releasing this year. Has that ever happened with Nintendo outside of maaaybe late 2016 during the Switch transition? I can't tell if that makes me more confident that they HAVE to do something this week or just digs me deeper in the hole I've been for the last month in speculation.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm sorry...WHAT?!

LIFE SUPPORT?! Come on now, Sigran, this isn't logical.

We know that the CacoMallow potential leak released on or around November 5th of 2019, a couple days later we got the Terry Breakdown.

We know that content in the form of characters is completed or mostly completed before their initial reveal if there is gameplay in their reveal trailer.

We know that characters are completed well before they launch (B&K breakdown was recorded two days after Hero's yet Hero released in July and B&K in September, Terry was between 50% and 75% complete in the sneak preview in B&K breakdown and Terry's breakdown was recorded minimum a month in advance, Byleth was basically finished and had their breakdown recorded in November) and that the gap in time between reveal and release is partially for final polishing but mostly for getting ahead on more content.

We know Mii Costumes are easier to create but we don't know how far in advance they are consistently made, although we do know that them being easier to make means they can get them done and out of the way early and then bring more team members in to focus on characters and stages.

We know that Fighter #6 is ready due to Sakurai announcing such on Twitter and I believe (correct me if wrong) in an article as well, which means this character was being worked in 2019 and likely had their Mii Costumes done already.

Due to the accuracy of my timeline theory, this would mean that Fighters #7-#9 are currently being focused on, with #7 mostly done. Thus, logic would dictate that the Mii Costumes of Fighter #7 would also be completed already, if not the costumes for #8 and #9 as well, if not all the costumes for the whole Vol 2 Pass. I doubt that last one but it is possible as all the characters have been chosen and negotiated for already, Sakurai and his team work hard and fast, and enough time has passed for it to be possible.

Thus, it is incredibly likely that the Mii Costumes for #6 and #7 were finished in 2019, if not even more costumes than that.

This would suggest that costumes for fighters earlier in the Vol 2 Pass could easily be leaked in that level of polish, though people are arguing that those costumes would likely be tied to characters early in the Vol 2 Pass due to the timing and thus that Geno needs to be revealed sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I have come to the startling realization that after Animal Crossing there isn't a single Nintendo published title that actually has a confirmed release date. Meaning that if there is no direct this week, I'm 99% confident there won't be one this month period, and after March 20th we will be in a insanely weird limbo where we know quite literally nothing about what Nintendo is actually releasing this year. I can't tell if that makes me more confident that they HAVE to do something this week or just digs me deeper in the hole I've been for the last month in speculation.
I'm thinking the same, but extending the date to the 19th. They have pushed NH so insanely hard; I don't think I've ever seen a game that isn't Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Smash-related pushed this hard by Nintendo, to the point where I could see the Direct being hours before release, so they can remind everyone one more time to "pre-purchase the game so you can play at midnight tonight!" or something to that extent.

I do have higher hopes for this week than next, but I don't think we should count out next week as well. If Wednesday (the 18th) rolls around w/o an announcement though, then yeah, that's the time to panic.

If we actually don't get a Q1 direct before AC, I'm going to assume there isn't going to be one (since Q1 will be nearly over anyway), and we'll be waiting til E3, with pretty much nothing being released until June at the earliest, if even. Man they better strike hard this year at E3. Sony and Microsoft aren't gonna **** around like this.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the same, but extending the date to the 19th. They have pushed NH so insanely hard; I don't think I've ever seen a game that isn't Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Smash-related pushed this hard by Nintendo, to the point where I could see the Direct being hours before release, so they can remind everyone one more time to "pre-purchase the game so you can play at midnight tonight!" or something to that extent.

I do have higher hopes for this week than next, but I don't think we should count out next week as well. If Wednesday (the 18th) rolls around w/o an announcement though, then yeah, that's the time to panic.

If we actually don't get a Q1 direct before AC, I'm going to assume there isn't going to be one (since Q1 will be nearly over anyway), and we'll be waiting til E3, with pretty much nothing being released until June at the earliest, if even. Man they better strike hard this year at E3. Sony and Microsoft aren't gonna **** around like this.
See, I don't see them doing a direct that week because it would take AWAY from Animal Crossing. They never do directs the same week as major releases.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
See, I don't see them doing a direct that week because it would take AWAY from Animal Crossing. They never do directs the same week as major releases.
Ehhhh... If it's to promote their very advertised release even further, especially on day 0, I could see it happening. At this point though, we're just waiting for a potential announcement within the next 3 days.

Again, I do think it's gonna be this week, but who really knows given how weird Nintendo has been for the last two months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom