• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey guys, I just had a dream where I was watching a Smash direct. I don't remember anything about it besides the fact that Geno came back as a Mii costume. I remember feeling genuinely disappointed, though his Mii costume did look good from the details I remember.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Wow, even NOA told their employees to work at home... **** is getting more and more real
Personally, I don't really care if I need to wait longer for a Direct. The only things I want to be announced as of now are Geno in Smash, an international release of Persona 5 Scramble for Switch and hopefully PS4 and a release date for No More Heroes 3.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's a decent chance the direct will drop this week, so let's be hopeful. I just want something new to talk about soon instead of this mobius strip over and over.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I'm going to level with you all about something going forward and that is true leaks and legit rumors are likely to be a lot more rare, especially heading to E3. You all have noticed it, I've noticed, and my network has noticed it: people are significantly more paranoid about sharing things, whether they know they're legit or not. Things are pretty tense right now and, to be upfront, I haven't heard anything exactly groundbreaking since January or so. After the whole Zippo thing, I think a lot of people realized "oh ****, Nintendo's really serious about this..." and quietly "retiring" or laying low so Nintendo doesn't legally clothesline them. The reason I'm not super concerned about myself is because 1. all my stuff is from the fall or winter and 2. a vast majority of it is stuff that significantly "bigger" people have put out there. This all said, if no big updates come before E3 or even after, I hope you all understand why and I have no interest in prodding people for rumors and info anyways if they're not comfortable sharing stuff to begin with.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, with Nintendo's Ninjas and the Cronovirus outbreak still ongoing. This has been hectic for the past 2 1/4 months

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah about that...

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1235980614014099456

If Nintendo of America is doing given how things are over there in Japan I imagine the same happening too.
PAX East went off without a problem and they could easily blame this drought/delay of direct on the virus, yet they aren't. If they were that concerned, they wouldn't have bothered with PAX, especially given it was just an AC thing that really didn't have to happen. There was nothing new (you know, impportant stuff that needs to be said before the games just start releasing in stores?), so why even bother going through with it if concerns were that bad?

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Geno was the best Mii gunner costume in smash 4, hoping it comes back in Ultimate (maybe with the Forest maze track included)!
>People genuinely believe that geno will get a music track included with his MII COSTUME
>When Cloud couldn't get more than 2 song in the BASE GAME
Luigi.jpg

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Didn’t Hero get 4 tracks?
8 tracks, 2 per Hero. Technically, still 2 tracks per Hero. That said, both Uematsu and Sugiyama are total F****. Shimomura isn't nearly as bad, so Geno could come with multiple.

Or does Ff7 and Smrpg share the same artist/composer or something and that’s why it’s unlikely?
Nope. Uematsu and Shimomura are not the same person. That said, there are 3 of Uematsu's tracks in SMRPG (the 3 FF songs associated with Culex), remixed because it's on SMRPG's sound engine (and they all sound way better for it, too), but the entirety of the original tracks were by Shimomura.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So, I'm going to level with you all about something going forward and that is true leaks and legit rumors are likely to be a lot more rare, especially heading to E3. You all have noticed it, I've noticed, and my network has noticed it: people are significantly more paranoid about sharing things, whether they know they're legit or not. Things are pretty tense right now and, to be upfront, I haven't heard anything exactly groundbreaking since January or so. After the whole Zippo thing, I think a lot of people realized "oh ****, Nintendo's really serious about this..." and quietly "retiring" or laying low so Nintendo doesn't legally clothesline them. The reason I'm not super concerned about myself is because 1. all my stuff is from the fall or winter and 2. a vast majority of it is stuff that significantly "bigger" people have put out there. This all said, if no big updates come before E3 or even after, I hope you all understand why and I have no interest in prodding people for rumors and info anyways if they're not comfortable sharing stuff to begin with.
Completely understandable really.
No reason for people to risk their livelyhood based on info for entertainment. It's neat to hear the rumors but ot ain't worth people's well-being.
Just hope you and the others don't feel pressure on giving away more when the Nintenjas are out and about.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Since I know people in here have talked about his videos before...

BestGuyEver finally made a video for Banjo & Kazooie (akin to the Ridley and King K. Rool videos)!
20200307_114257.jpg

https://youtu.be/s0-uK8e9Obs

(Once Geno gets in, let's hope he gets a video in a similar style!)

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Me: Geno-

Nintenjas:

Me: *gulp* Well um...I hope Geno make it into Smash someday...

Nintenjas:

[EDIT] Also that video from BestGuyEver is glorious.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
>People genuinely believe that geno will get a music track included with his MII COSTUME
>When Cloud couldn't get more than 2 song in the BASE GAME
View attachment 264971
Square seems to have a 2 songs per game rule. Notice how each Hero got two songs each. I've heard they got their own music platform or something so they probably want people to buy the music directly from them. Or the fact that the composers for FF and DQ are really stingy. Probably the latter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
PAX East went off without a problem and they could easily blame this drought/delay of direct on the virus, yet they aren't. If they were that concerned, they wouldn't have bothered with PAX, especially given it was just an AC thing that really didn't have to happen. There was nothing new (you know, impportant stuff that needs to be said before the games just start releasing in stores?), so why even bother going through with it if concerns were that bad?
Again if Nintendo of America is doing it then I imagine Nintendo of Japan would be as well especially given more cases being over there and having shut schools down and such.

Chances are we were probably suppose to have an direct last month but it got delayed due to this.
There's a decent chance the direct will drop this week, so let's be hopeful. I just want something new to talk about soon instead of this mobius strip over and over.
So you'd rather an direct over the safety of people's health? It can wait as long as it wants the former is a lot more important.

Last edited:
Geno was the best Mii gunner costume in smash 4, hoping it comes back in Ultimate (maybe with the Forest maze track included)!
Well, I think it's probably gonna come back regardless of if he's playable or not. I kinda hope if Geno makes it, his costume comes back, just for the Mii to get demolished by the real deal. That would be a sick reveal trailer, heh.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Most likely Geno will come back in some form outside of his spirit. Most of the Mii costumes from Smash 4 have returned and the fact that he got a Mii costume at all is notable. Looking at the facts and Sakurai's history with Geno, it's not a matter of if Geno is coming, it's a matter of will he return as a Mii costume or be upgraded to a playable character. Geno being playable is a 50/50 chance.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
My group of insider outsiders have told me that the first Direct of 2020 will happen before December 28, 2020. Also, the letters G, E, N and O will appear in various words spoken at the Direct.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

BestGuyEver finally made a video for Banjo & Kazooie (akin to the Ridley and King K. Rool videos)!
View attachment 264976

Ah, ****ing FINALLY dude! I've been waiting a long time for this!
(Also, don't worry about the Geno one. I'm planning on making one in this style if he gets it.)

My group of insider outsiders have told me that the first Direct of 2020 will happen before December 28, 2020. Also, the letters G, E, N and O will appear in various words spoken at the Direct.
HE'S IN BOYS!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

View attachment 264976

I'm already planning on so many head swap memes in case Geno gets in. I'm hesitant to work on them because I dont want my work to be for not.

But for the most part, Geno is going to be the 'Very Cool' posting character. No more 'hoes mad' like these degenerate anime fandoms. History is going to be kinder to us than the KH/FE like groups when they see us not antagonizing others.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again if Nintendo of America is doing it then I imagine Nintendo of Japan would be as well especially given more cases being over there and having shut schools down and such.

Chances are we were probably suppose to have an direct last month but it got delayed due to this.

So you'd rather an direct over the safety of people's health? It can wait as long as it wants the former is a lot more important.
I never once said safety of people's health isn't important. I'm just saying that this direct has been recorded months in advance but for whatever reason hasn't been shown off. If the coronavirus is the reason why, they should've confirmed it by now instead of leaving audiences with no viable explanations, especially since it's been over 6 months since the last general direct. Sony and other companies at least made the news of the cancellations public due to coronavirus. If they're concerned about coronavirus, they do what they have to, I'm just frustrated at the lack of transparency.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I never once said safety of people's health isn't important. I'm just saying that this direct has been recorded months in advance but for whatever reason hasn't been shown off. If the coronavirus is the reason why, they should've confirmed it by now instead of leaving audiences with no viable explanations, especially since it's been over 6 months since the last general direct. Sony and other companies at least made the news of the cancellations public due to coronavirus. If they're concerned about coronavirus, they do what they have to, I'm just frustrated at the lack of transparency.
It maybe pre-recorded but to put it out they'd probably have to be at their work place rather then at home and that's what I'm thinking is also happening over in Japan.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
That opening was indeed perfect, and I'm still watching the video but typing this post at the time of me writing this, but I'll have my reaction below; won't post til I finish the video, lol.

Okay the video's done and wow that was amazing. I had actually never heard of this guy prior TBH, definitely gonna be watching from now on though, haha. When Geno gets in, I hope he craps all over GameFAQs hating on Geno.

Edit: Going through his uploads, I actually have heard of him before. My friend showed him to me regarding the Ridley video, so nvm yeah this guy's awesome.

PAX East: 2/27-3/1: "Yeah guys we hear about the Corona, but it's cool dw about it"
3/6: "STAY AT HOME, EVERYONE ****ING PANIC"

Like... This is the narrative you're pushing. It doesn't seem logical. They're more than aware it takes 2-3 weeks for symptoms to show, so they already know there's likely more people who have it and don't know it than those who simply have it right now. Why risk PAX in that case? The "stay at home" thing is likely for people with jobs who absolutely do not need to come in anyway like phone/programmer people. It's not everyone.

It maybe pre-recorded but to put it out they'd probably have to be at their work place rather then at home and that's what I'm thinking is also happening over in Japan.
Again, if it's that vital, and to end the backlash, why haven't they said anything regarding the direct and Corona?

Well, I think it's probably gonna come back regardless of if he's playable or not. I kinda hope if Geno makes it, his costume comes back, just for the Mii to get demolished by the real deal. That would be a sick reveal trailer, heh.
That would be awesome, and yes, the music track would definitely be coming either way.

Geno being playable is a 50/50 chance.
"Higher than that, I'm (not) afraid!"

I'm already planning on so many head swap memes in case Geno gets in.
Sano/Gens. Cupno/Genhead. I love it.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Apologies being off subject again, but if you wanted to watch ep 1-8 of the original SMBZ in 4k, it will go live in 25 mins.

Also, I do hope to see official news soon as long safety is still ok for nintendo.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In case anyone missed it, the description for this new Banjk & Kazooie video has this little gem near the bottom:
"...Hang in there Genofriends, we got 6 more chances, baby..."

Dukefire

Smash Master
In case anyone missed it, the description for this new Banjk & Kazooie video has this little gem near the bottom:
Honestly, don't give up until all 6 spots are filled. Missed a Chance? There are still more spots left.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
He did also hint at a Geno vid at the end of K Rool's (which just makes me more depressed than anything tbh) but he seems like a real Genobro.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The Banjo video was good, but the ending ruined it for me. Not cool.
TBH I don't think he's laughing at Steve, he's laughing at Steve fans who said there's no way BK's getting in, at least that's how I took it.

He did also hint at a Geno vid at the end of K Rool's (which just makes me more depressed than anything tbh) but he seems like a real Genobro.
He definitely seems like one. He also used an SMRPG sound effect in the Sans vid.
... no I definitely didn't go through all the videos just now, stop asking.

(Because there's no E in "I'm")
But there's 3 of them in "the" and "letter" combined...
... confirmed, Fatman isn't actually fat, he's just 3 kids in a trenchcoat. (ala Vincent Adultman style)

Last edited:

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Vincent Adultman, lol! :D

I didn't even read the rest of that. Just saw it and sighed. I miss that show already

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
TBH I don't think he's laughing at Steve, he's laughing at Steve fans who said there's no way BK's getting in, at least that's how I took it.)
Those “fans” were trolls who harassed Steve fans too and used an ugly render. Some real Steve fans didn’t care about Banjo but some like me did while others didn’t care either way. It just looked like more dumb, rude Banjo vs. Steve artwork crapping on Steve fans in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom