• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
View attachment 264348 100,000 POSTS! GENO IS COMIN' TO SMASH! View attachment 264348
Grats on #100k MM!

Post #100.000
Oof, time to edit that. Still a good first post for the start to 200k though! ;)

So, after or if Geno is revealed, what will we all do next?
I'll probs stick around for a week or so then fade away. Might pop my head in a few other support threads (assuming Geno is revealed sooner than later) like Lloyd, Phoenix, etc.

I have mostly enjoyed my time here but man it's been exhausting following along with speculation day in and day out without any news, though TBH I feel like the lack of a direct is the exhausting part (at least I've got DQ11 to keep me distracted for the next week or so).

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
and there you have it. 100,000+ replies We can now continue to speculate about our Star Spirit friend for the next few weeks or months if he's at E3.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Finally rest for once in my godforsaken life.

I'm not gonna be sticking around on Smashboards for much longer after he's revealed (maybe a few days just for screamin'). I'll prolly come back to the social once he's actually released and that'll likely be my final post here. I'm also just gonna take a very backseat approach to Smash speculation in general and won't pay so much attention to it anymore.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I listed everything I'm planning to do a while back, so I'll just repost it here.
Well...
- First I'd make some posts in this thread celebrating his arrival.
- Next, I'd edit and upload my reaction to my YouTube channel. (As you all should do.)
- After that, I'll probably spend the rest of the day and some of the following day watching other people's reactions to the news.
- And once I'm done with that, I'll begin work on a video in the vein of BestGuyEver celebrating Geno's arrival. I already have a video title and song choice for it.
- And after that...? I'll be here, waiting for Geno's release with the rest of you all.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Happy 100,000! And 2500 pages! oh man, I couldn't imagine it getting this far when I first opened the thread

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
If Geno is revealed i wouldn’t mind like, baking a cake and throwing a party in general with y’all

D

Deleted member

Finally rest for once in my godforsaken life.

I'm not gonna be sticking around on Smashboards for much longer after he's revealed (maybe a few days just for screamin'). I'll prolly come back to the social once he's actually released and that'll likely be my final post here. I'm also just gonna take a very backseat approach to Smash speculation in general and won't pay so much attention to it anymore.
Same. Geno is really the last character I'm rooting for. Doomguy is my second most wanted, but I won't be that upset if he gets mii costumed or something. I just want something Doom in Smash. So yeah, I'll probably leave here but stick around for a little while longer in here and just migrate fully to the discord server when my work here is done and the wait finally comes to an end.

Last edited by a moderator:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
What an accomplishment for the both the Geno community, and this site. 100K messages were sent in this thread, that’s unbelievable! Is that the most Smashboards has ever had? I’m curious

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Congratulations geno gang. I remember wondering if we could even hit 2000 before the end of the year, how far we've come. Hopefully we don't have much farther to go.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wow, past 2500 pages and over 100000...

If Geno doesn't get in by page 5000 and post 200000, we might as well grow old with gray hair.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I could see it inspiring me to play through Super Mario RPG again - so far, the DLC's been pretty good in that regard, since I played through games in those series either (in the case of Persona 5, Dragon Quest XI, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves) because of the Smash reveal or (in the case of Banjo-Kazooie) in hope of there being a Smash reveal. (Byleth was the one exception, but that was because I had played through Fire Emblem: Three Houses fairly recently, and I didn't want to play through it again and get burned out)

Other than that, I'd rewatch the trailer, look up reaction videos, and generally be excited that one of my most-wanted Smash characters since the Brawl days is coming to Smash.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
And thus i predict season 2 will be revealed this week, with geno being the first reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Joke time for celebration

What does a Japanese speaker say when surprised in an Indian restaurant?
Naan-i

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is the do or die for many support groups at this point. No turning back
Pretty much. A topic I've danced around a lot when it comes to insider rumors is that a vast majority of the characters that come up are, well, "Boomer picks." If you're not familiar with the slang, in gaming terms it's basically Millennials and older. Were you a child or teen when the first Smash Bros came out? Congrats; you're a Boomer! The youngest character that typically comes up? Steve? from Minecraft. That's 2009 if you count the various Betas, 2011 if you don't. There really isn't anybody younger and most are honestly late 90's, early 2000's, so when I was in elementary school and middle school. Ryu and Steve? are basically the outliers that come up, while most were "born" during the days of the N64, PS1, PS2, GameCube, etc.

To a degree I feel like this is deliberate. Aside from the "mandatory promotional picks" like Incineroar and Byleth, most of the additions have overwhelmingly been "Boomer picks." Aside from those two, "modern character wise" you have Inkling and Isabelle who are crazy popular anyways and Joker. Everyone else has a pretty long legacy whether they were super wanted for Smash or not. This is why I fold my hands, look the Smash fanbase in the eyes and ask "was your character decently wanted for Smash by 2012? If not, I honestly wouldn't hold your breath." To rephrase this, if your character wasn't an up and comer before Smash 4 was announced, I think a safer bet would be a future Smash game and not this one.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Ryu is a huge outlier.
He's the only real 80's character that's big in speculation/support nowadays.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Pretty much. A topic I've danced around a lot when it comes to insider rumors is that a vast majority of the characters that come up are, well, "Boomer picks." If you're not familiar with the slang, in gaming terms it's basically Millennials and older. Were you a child or teen when the first Smash Bros came out? Congrats; you're a Boomer! The youngest character that typically comes up? Steve? from Minecraft. That's 2009 if you count the various Betas, 2011 if you don't. There really isn't anybody younger and most are honestly late 90's, early 2000's, so when I was in elementary school and middle school. Ryu and Steve? are basically the outliers that come up, while most were "born" during the days of the N64, PS1, PS2, GameCube, etc.

To a degree I feel like this is deliberate. Aside from the "mandatory promotional picks" like Incineroar and Byleth, most of the additions have overwhelmingly been "Boomer picks." Aside from those two, "modern character wise" you have Inkling and Isabelle who are crazy popular anyways and Joker. Everyone else has a pretty long legacy whether they were super wanted for Smash or not. This is why I fold my hands, look the Smash fanbase in the eyes and ask "was your character decently wanted for Smash by 2012? If not, I honestly wouldn't hold your breath." To rephrase this, if your character wasn't an up and comer before Smash 4 was announced, I think a safer bet would be a future Smash game and not this one.
The idea of Fighter Pass 2 not having some kind of new promotional pick is really questionable for a couple reasons. Sakurai made it a priority in the Smash 4 DLC to have a character from a game coming out, and that was Corrin, for base game Ultimate he wanted a character from a newer game and he chose Pokemon, and for Pass 1 Nintendo chose Byleth specifically because "an important factor was being able to turn the protagonist of a game that people are playing right now into a fighter that players could experience immediately in Smash Bros." according to Sakurai. And Hero also being a promotional pick for DQXI S did not change the fact that Nintendo wanted to promote something first party, so I don't think someone like Travis would count either for that slot.

castinets98

Smash Cadet

This is where I feel like FPv2 could come out and surprise a lot of speculators. While I agree that we have had quite a few legacy picks, 3 out of 5 charcters in the first pass primarily represented games released after 2017. So while series with a standing may be prioritized, recent releases most certainly have been targeted with Smash DLC.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Was the posting of Byleth supposed to mean anything, if I may ask?
From what I can remember, people were speculating Nintendo of Europe were counting down for Fighter 6's revel, by tweeting all the fighters in FP1, advertising the pass for more people to buy them and the pass.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're in a slow period so one potentially fun rumor is that, yes, a "Microsoft" and a "Sony" rep are intended and Nintendo is going to go full ham with it. "Oh? This is a ”"""""""""""SONY""""""""""" character? Check out these """""""""""SONY""""""""" Mii costumes and spirits to go with it. Huehuehuehue." That sort of thing.

Tying into Geno, this is another reason why I believe the Geno rumors because it's par the course for what I've heard. The Microsoft character would basically be a celebration of Microsoft. The Namco character would be a celebration of Namco as a whole. Capcom would be Capcom flexing itself. Geno would be going full ham with SMRPG which is why I definitely entertain the Mallow and Smithy Mii costumes and maybe branch out to other Square Enix cult classics.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From what I can remember, people were speculating Nintendo of Europe were counting down for Fighter 6's revel, by tweeting all the fighters in FP1, advertising the pass for more people to buy them and the pass.
Countdown, huh? Maybe it's also something for a Direct if the 6th Fighter is in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom