• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I would prefer kart just so that we could get mario kart 8 deluxe dlc and i would have a reason to play that game again

Edit: but sports would be neat too. However the real endgame is to get official geno merch like a plush and figure

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Hi! First post! Hoping Geno makes it
Welcome, i hope you enjoy your stay at Star Hill! I am unable to provide you with a Geno hat as i am on my phone but hopefully somebody else can provide that service :)

Edit: oops, it seems you came prepared with your own Geno hat

Last edited:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Technically my profile pic already has a Geno hat wouldn’t it look weird to put a Geno hat on top of another Geno hat (now that I think about it that doesn’t sound so bad, his hat is cool)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Technically my profile pic already has a Geno hat wouldn’t it look weird to put a Geno hat on top of another Geno hat (now that I think about it that doesn’t sound so bad, his hat is cool)
Trust me, the Geno hat we provide is cooler than the one in your picture.

LOL Just kidding! No hard feeling?

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, just popped in again, did anyone hear about how a switch update is happening march 9th? sorry I haven't been on ina while

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yeh it wouldnt really work, however you can still use it for memes if you wish, as usually when ppl post memes here they usually attach a geno hat just to give it that extra umph you know

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Mallow is now rocking Geno’s super cool kid club hat! Now isn’t that stylish? Looks good on him lol

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Here's the latest Sakurai Famitsu column everyone (assuming it wasn't already posted)
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...elections-his-role-future-of-the-series-more/

On the Geno discord, we highlighted the word EXTRAVAGANT in the column and how it lines up with PushDustin's translation, and here's some analysis on what it could mean:

"What "Extravagant" could mean in this context is either "lacking restraint in spending money or using resources", meaning a A.T. upgrade, like Waluigi, could be possible, and likely making companies return to this pass will overall cost less then to get a brand new company. Microsoft, Square, Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, and likely one new company, Activision. And "exceeding what is reasonable or appropriate; absurd.", this pass could overall shatter a bunch of fan-rules fans have put in place. A spirit upgrade is more of a possibility due to most of the rights of the character being already there."

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Here's the latest Sakurai Famitsu column everyone (assuming it wasn't already posted)
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...elections-his-role-future-of-the-series-more/

On the Geno discord, we highlighted the word EXTRAVAGANT in the column and how it lines up with PushDustin's translation, and here's some analysis on what it could mean:

"What "Extravagant" could mean in this context is either "lacking restraint in spending money or using resources", meaning a A.T. upgrade, like Waluigi, could be possible, and likely making companies return to this pass will overall cost less then to get a brand new company. Microsoft, Square, Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, and likely one new company, Activision. And "exceeding what is reasonable or appropriate; absurd.", this pass could overall shatter a bunch of fan-rules fans have put in place. A spirit upgrade is more of a possibility due to most of the rights of the character being already there."
That's very good news for Geno supporters and Issac fans too.

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
That's very good news for Geno supporters and Issac fans too.
Indeed, as someone who believes Spirits discomfirm, there’s still that chance for greatness (Geno coming to smash) and if Extravagant is used in the “exceeding what is reasonable” context... Could be genos time y’all

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, all that remains at this point with this new information is the waiting game, and what characters will be given this special promotion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now, all that remains at this point with this new information is the waiting game, and what characters will be given this special promotion.
Ah, the waiting game sucks, let's find a way to play Hungry Hungry Hippos online instead. :troll:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
Yeah. It sucks, I’m kinda tired of playing the waiting game, I have more hours on the waiting game than Smash at this point...

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope Sakurai knows about this 2.500 thread + 100.000 posts for a 24 years old character with only one playable appearance.

Geno is the greatest, best candidate to fulfill Smash dreams. Just waiting for his March reveal in the next celebrations dates (Switch 3 years, MarioRPG 24 years and MarioDay).

Geno launches into the party!

MattX20

Smash Hero
I hope Sakurai knows about this 2.500 thread + 100.000 posts for a 24 years old character with only one playable appearance.

Geno is the greatest, best candidate to fulfill Smash dreams. Just waiting for his March reveal in the next celebrations dates (Switch 3 years, MarioRPG 24 years and MarioDay).

It's either the first general direct or E3 as our best shots

AshPeer

Smash Cadet

Honestly it’s kinda crazy how much the stars are aligning for this. As you said it’s gonna be the third year anniversary of the switch, Mario day, and SMRPG 24 year anniversary. That’s so many birthdays within a week I’ll be surprised if they don’t give Geno a special little invitation as a present

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I don’t think thunder productions is a teen. I always thought he was at least 20 or 30.
Well that just makes it worse then, doesn't it? By that point you would've thought he'd have matured past that.

So , I think this point has already been brought up before... But with Hero having more than two songs , it may be possible that we get more than two songs with Geno.

However , I saw several people telling me it was because the "Enix" side was more easy-going with stuff like that... When we talked to death about how the DQ composer gave MIDIs of the OSTs to the west even if he had the orchestral versions , that he owned the OSTs , all that stuff.

So honestly , i'm pretty confused about this whole situation. Is the music issue only linked to Final Fantasy weird rights in the end ? Maybe that , since Youkou Shimomura made the SMRPG OST , and SE probably own it directly... It would be easier to licence music for the Fighter Pack of Geno ? (I still strongly believe that SE own the OST , the only time we saw the SMRPG OST again was in Fortune Street (a game developped by SE) and Geno mii costume reveal.)

I admit that I initially thought they could add Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi tracks with those , to make the package feel more full. Because damn , the Mario and Luigi selection is okay-ish , but the PM selection just make me straight up sad lol
I think there's a good chance that, if Geno makes it in, we'll be getting more than just two tracks. Potential Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario music aside, there are tracks used in SMRPG that were composed by Koji Kondo, such as the SMB3 Bowser battle remix or the Pipe House theme. I'd imagine they'd be totally capable of using those tracks.

Well , here's the two tracks , so if anyone can spot any difference between the two , tell me :

FF4BossCulexSameSong.png

Oh my god...

I just realized that a remake of this game would mean a remake of both Hello, Happy Kingdom, Docaty Mountain Railroad and Shoppingi n Ripple Town/Seaside Town...

OMG, A REMAKE OF THE SIMPLEFLIPS ENDCARD THEME!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!
ftfy

People ask me if my wife knows how much I like Smash and I wanted to share this story from yesterday.

I was in the kitchen making dinner and listening to Introspective's latest video on my phone when my wife walks around the corner and asks "would you want Waluigi and Geno in Smash if it meant giving away all your money?"

"No, dear, I wouldn't do that to you..."

"Oh, I'm so sure.~"

That's when Geno walks in and then jumps on the kitchen table (he does this when he's hungry). My wife sees him, gives him a few scratches, and then stretches him (all our cats like this except Olivia). She sets his front paws back down and then says "Okay, hear me out... What if Sakurai came over for dinner and then said 'that's a nice cat you got there...'"

"No, I would not give Sakurai Geno so I could have Geno and Waluigi in Smash; pretty sure they're coming anyways."

This ***** thinks I'm going to give up the Supreme Lad ™ to have Geno in Smash? Pure heresy, I say! In all seriousness, she weirdly gets it and likes when I tell her about various updates with Smash Ultimate.
>Not giving your pet cat to Sakurai in exchange for Geno and Waluigi
ASmallPriceToPayForGeno.png

So, if Geno showed up in Ultimate, what Mario spinoffs do you want to see him appear in should Square allow it, Kart, sports, or the Party series first?
Mario Kart, definitely. Sports or Party I don't really care about, but it would be nice.

hey guys, just popped in again, did anyone hear about how a switch update is happening march 9th? sorry I haven't been on in a while
Yeah, we've heard. While I mostly still think getting Geno revealed in a Direct on the 9th isn't really likely, a part of me really hopes it happens like that. Best believe I'll be poppin' off so hard if that happens.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Honestly it’s kinda crazy how much the stars are aligning for this. As you said it’s gonna be the third year anniversary of the switch, Mario day, and SMRPG 24 year anniversary. That’s so many birthdays within a week I’ll be surprised if they don’t give Geno a special little invitation as a present
Eh, IDK. Something tells me Geno's an e3 2020 reveal, or maybe game awards. They didn't do anything for mother this last year so I'm not expecting anything March 9th, though, they did give Little Mac an invitation on punch outs birthday (I think) so it isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Eh, IDK. Something tells me Geno's an e3 2020 reveal, or maybe game awards. They didn't do anything for mother this last year so I'm not expecting anything March 9th, though, they did give Little Mac an invitation on punch outs birthday (I think) so it isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities.
Geno is definitely not a game awards reveal

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
I think he’s E3 2020 or 2021 too, I mean he’s definitely that level of hype. But man it’d be so cool for Geno to join the battle on his/SMRPG in general’s birthday! The seven stars were taken back so now wishes can come true again, Genos blows the candles and wishes to join the battle!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

In other words, "drunk online shopping. :troll:" Like I've been saying since August or so, a vast majority of the insider rumors that have come involve 1. big fan favorites that have been wanted for at least a decade, 2. characters that would have been borderline impossible before Ultimate or 3. both. Obviously, I have my six predictions but of the 14-15 characters that come up in insider speculation and rumors, most honestly hit this right on the head. While people fight and squabble about the particulars, I will say that there's a couple of things people do agree on:

1. At least one more Western rep.

2. At least one Nintendo character.

3. At least one character that's overwhelmingly identified with Sony or Microsoft.

4. At least one promotion whether it's a spirit, AT, or costume.

5. At least one character that would have been ridiculously hard to negotiate but Nintendo did it anyways.

6. At least one character with a fanbase going back to Brawl or even Melee.

Again, everything points to Season 2 going all out with fanservice and has since last summer to the point it's almost an established fact that most of Season 2 will be borderline unbelievable.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Geno is definitely not a game awards reveal
Yea, probably not game awards, the more I think about it , because I can see a more modern character being revealed there. But definitely an e3 2020 reveal.

ALSO- if Geno Is coming, he's in the first 3 for sure, maybe 4th. And if not, he could be the final character

One more thing- Odd picks, but underrated video: https://youtu.be/OsLgBRlSgCg

Last edited:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
In other words, "drunk online shopping. :troll:" Like I've been saying since August or so, a vast majority of the insider rumors that have come involve 1. big fan favorites that have been wanted for at least a decade, 2. characters that would have been borderline impossible before Ultimate or 3. both. Obviously, I have my six predictions but of the 14-15 characters that come up in insider speculation and rumors, most honestly hit this right on the head. While people fight and squabble about the particulars, I will say that there's a couple of things people do agree on:

3. At least one character that's overwhelmingly identified with Sony or Microsoft.

5. At least one character that would have been ridiculously hard to negotiate but Nintendo did it anyways.

Again, everything points to Season 2 going all out with fanservice and has since last summer to the point it's almost an established fact that most of Season 2 will be borderline unbelievable.
Hi Fatman! I’ve lurked the boards for several years now, I like your stuff, very interesting and you bring up some good points, keep up the work

MattX20

Smash Hero

This is the do or die for many support groups at this point. No turning back

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, did I miss anything over the last few hours?

EDIT: 2500 pages, everyone!

Last edited:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet
This is the do or die for many support groups at this point. No turning back
It’s time to put our hat on backwards to show our seriousness, it’s time guys!

2500 pages! Here’s to another 2500 and 100K replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom