• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Here's the latest Sakurai Famitsu column everyone (assuming it wasn't already posted)
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...elections-his-role-future-of-the-series-more/

On the Geno discord, we highlighted the word EXTRAVAGANT in the column and how it lines up with PushDustin's translation, and here's some analysis on what it could mean:

"What "Extravagant" could mean in this context is either "lacking restraint in spending money or using resources", meaning a A.T. upgrade, like Waluigi, could be possible, and likely making companies return to this pass will overall cost less then to get a brand new company. Microsoft, Square, Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, and likely one new company, Activision. And "exceeding what is reasonable or appropriate; absurd.", this pass could overall shatter a bunch of fan-rules fans have put in place. A spirit upgrade is more of a possibility due to most of the rights of the character being already there."
It's stuff like this and other wording in the famitsu column that inclines me to believe that the idea fp3 is definitely being discussed behind closed doors. Bear in mind two things when I say that; very little was said about the existence of dlc beyond fp1 until Terry's reveal -granted there was not an explicit denial-
Sakurai has called many projects the final version and/or treated them like such despite this obviously not being the case, and most importantly merely discussing the idea of fp3 behind closed doors != "OMG FP3 IS COMMING WITH 4648482 FIGHTERS AND SORA AND MASTER CHIEF AND ISAAC AND THE CLERK AT MY GROCERY STORE AND MY MATH TEACHERS PET CAT".

Edit:2500 pages!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We're not at 100k yet, but we're close. Next page's first comment will mark 100,000 replies

MattX20

Smash Hero
This is pretty good timing for this milestone since the thread turns 3 on the 17th

QQS

Smash Lord
These are the final dates and how March looks to Nintendo/Mario/Geno

-3 March: 3 years of Switch
-9 March: 24 years of MarioRPG
-10 March: Mario Day
-17 March: 3 years of Geno’s thread

Geno could perfectly be character #76, when turning 24 years old. 76 + 24 = 100.

Geno is coming, 100%.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
2500 pages, that's quite the accomplishment! Here's hoping we get some news this week or next week for Mar10/Mario RPG's anniversary! :grin:

MattX20

Smash Hero
No matter what happens this month, I expect there will be more good news than bad for us going forward.

D

Deleted member

No matter what happens this month, I expect there will be more good news than bad for us going forward.
I mean we gotta have somthing this month at least. We had Byleth in Jan. and AC last month. So something is determined, but what could it be...

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
As we get close to 100,000 posts, I wanna make one final announcement...

CacoMallow is real

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Post #100.000

Geno Blasts into the Party!

387017F6-DD25-42F6-8E16-849C32F7DD27.png

(credits to the artist).

Best wishes from a 1990 fan from CHILE! Geno is on the road to Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom