• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is where I feel like FPv2 could come out and surprise a lot of speculators. While I agree that we have had quite a few legacy picks, 3 out of 5 charcters in the first pass primarily represented games released after 2017. So while series with a standing may be prioritized, recent releases most certainly have been targeted with Smash DLC.
They have but there's been so much emphasis on Season 2 being "extra" that I'm hard pressed on believing there will be a lot of purely promotional characters like Byleth. Dragon Quest was technically promotional but the series has a massive legacy so I can see characters like Crash and Master Chief being technical promotional characters too for future games.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
They have but there's been so much emphasis on Season 2 being "extra" that I'm hard pressed on believing there will be a lot of purely promotional characters like Byleth. Dragon Quest was technically promotional but the series has a massive legacy so I can see characters like Crash and Master Chief being technical promotional characters too for future games.
The difference with Dragon Quest is that Nintendo published both Builders 2 and Dragon Quest XI S outside of Japan.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, after or if Geno is revealed, what will we all do next?
I don't know about y'all, but after Geno get's in I'm spending the majority of my time on this site in the Shantae thread.

Also happy 2500 pages and 100,000 posts everybody! :seuss:

Hopefully we won't have to surpass anymore milestones before Geno get's in. We are the biggest character support thread in the history of this site and we have surpass a quarter of 10,000 pages so there is really nothing left for us left other than Geno getting in.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
What's the point of making a second wave of dlc characters if they just plan to add very obscure characters wanted by like 5 people or only Japan biased picks ? If that's the case, they shouldn't waste their time on this and move on to something else. When it comes to DLC, Nintendo made questionable decisions in the past. Because of that, some heavily wanted fighters might not be their priorities especially if they don't like them. We saw numerous articles saying that they are aware that fans want specific characters like Waluigi, Geno... but do they care ? What's the point of pushing for something if they don't care to the point of laughing at us....

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Either move to a new thread such as Phoenix Wright or Fawful, get away from smash speculation because I could care less about the rest of the fighters, or vaguely look into it.

My main concern right now is if he'll be added. Thats all I want to know. I know Cacomallow is huge evidence and all things are looking up from here such as the cupped spirits differing, but I always have doubts.

Its difficult because all we have to go off of right now are leaks from 4 months ago, and before that. The waiting game is a painful one, my friends. Looks like fighter 5 wasn't the end of it unfortunately.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If Geno is ever revealed, I am never gonna follow speculation again. I've been following Geno for 15 years and really the only thing I have ever wanted out of Smash Bros. Been a rough road with too much heart break. But in the event he doesn't get in this game, I don't see myself following with Smash 6. I'll put my two cents in, do any poll and request Geno back in action until the cows come home, but I think these last six fighters are the last six I will follow speculation wise.

I hope our time does come

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
**** 100,000 posts that's insane. Hard to believe that many posts have at least been at least related to Geno. I know people think Geno supporters are rare but clearly not! Hopefully this is our time!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
What's the point of making a second wave of dlc characters if they just plan to add very obscure characters wanted by like 5 people or only Japan biased picks ? If that's the case, they shouldn't waste their time on this and move on to something else. When it comes to DLC, Nintendo made questionable decisions in the past. Because of that, some heavily wanted fighters might not be their priorities especially if they don't like them. We saw numerous articles saying that they are aware that fans want specific characters like Waluigi, Geno... but do they care ? What's the point of pushing for something if they don't care to the point of laughing at us....
So after I read this I checked to see if my 'Show ignored content' was displaying in the corner because that sounds like a Wynn thing to say and thus respond to but it seems not the case.

What the hell brought this on? I'm genuinely curious as we have no reason to be anything but hopeful and justified.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I am late for the celebration because I’ve been sleeping all day but congrats everyone on getting our puppet to a lot of pages and a lot of posts. Some of those posts make me happy, some of them make me mad, and months later I’m still not sure what some posts were on about. But sitting here thinking about this thread I want to say that agree or disagree on topics aside I’m happy to have spent this time posting with you all and keeping the hope for Geno alive.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am late for the celebration because I’ve been sleeping all day but congrats everyone on getting our puppet to a lot of pages and a lot of posts. Some of those posts make me happy, some of them make me mad, and months later I’m still not sure what some posts were on about. But sitting here thinking about this thread I want to say that agree or disagree on topics aside I’m happy to have spent this time posting with you all and keeping the hope for Geno alive.
You know what they say: You snooze, you lose,

link2702

Smash Champion
ahhh... I remember the days when i slept all day, woke up at night...

Course now with work, and other adult type stuffs, I don’t get to sleep as much anymore.

Course it also sucks cuz I’m a natural night owl, I hate waking up early and sleeping early. I really should get into a night shift career...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , how do you see the shape of the speculation scene after Ultimate is over? Do you think a bunch of fanbases will collapse like during the end game for Brawl or most popular characters will still maintain their popularity going into Smash 6?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
ahhh... I remember the days when i slept all day, woke up at night...

Course now with work, and other adult type stuffs, I don’t get to sleep as much anymore.

Course it also sucks cuz I’m a natural night owl, I hate waking up early and sleeping early. I really should get into a night shift career...
I just wanna point out the reason I’m sleeping all day is because I’m working 12 hour shifts at night I’m not doing it for ****s and giggles lol

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
After I've emptied my bowels and taken some time to calm down I'll sit back and say "man Sakurai...you did it. Everyone really is here" and then I'll get on here and be like "hey everybody so who do you think is next?"

If Geno is revealed i wouldn’t mind like, baking a cake and throwing a party in general with y’all
Careful now cake talk has gotten us in trouble before.

Last edited:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
So after I read this I checked to see if my 'Show ignored content' was displaying in the corner because that sounds like a Wynn thing to say and thus respond to but it seems not the case.

What the hell brought this on? I'm genuinely curious as we have no reason to be anything but hopeful and justified.
My pessimistic side I guess ? It's hard to explain.
I wish to see a future where we succeed but knowing the trust I have for Nintendo, I can't even see a future where they picked highly requested characters.. and I was thinking the opposite like 2 days ago.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
A lot of highly requested hopefuls have arrived to participate in the battle. I can hardly come to terms with the notion that Nintendo doesn't care considering who we have gotten so far as newcomer characters. Simon Belmont, Ridley, and even King K. Rool - whom only seemed to be a frontrunning newcomer because of all the fan outcry and support - and this isn't even mentioning someone like The Hero, a representative of one of Japan's most beloved franchises, or Banjo & Kazooie, one of the most beloved platforming mascots of all gaming history. I'm fairly certain by this point that Nintendo, as a company, has been listening.

What people do with their money is their business, and I'm not going to demand that anyone shell out for something that they don't want. However, I find it stunning that even now, there are still those who think that Nintendo don't seem to care about what the fans are after, given the character selection, the general quality-of-life fixes, the continued support, and the continued expansion of their already-immense roster of characters.

And, we can only hope that Geno will be one of those upcoming additions moving forward. But, even if he is not, I'm satisfied with the representation that we've gotten with this title, and regardless of how I personally feel about the selection, I am always more than happy to beef up the amount of the content in the game with the addition of further DLC.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I've been watching all day.

I really hope that we get Geno in FP2. I don't doubt that we will, but hoping never hear anyone, right?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just wanna point out the reason I’m sleeping all day is because I’m working 12 hour shifts at night I’m not doing it for ****s and giggles lol
Damn, that's harsh. My amount of hours is significantly less(but that's for personal health reasons).

Mind you, I've been battling an extremely rough cold for nearly a week straight(freaking again. Which pisses me off. I don't need to be sick multiple times per year, jeez. I already missed a lot of work and I need that money).

-------------------

Anyway, sweet to hit 2500 pages! I also hope for a Direct soon, even if it's not Smash-related. We have barely any games known and could use some more information at this point.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You know who would be a cool character to add to Smash as a playable character that barely anyone discusses?

Geno.

D

Deleted member

I find it amazing we’re like the first thread in the history of this website having over 100,000 posts! If Geno gets in, it would be a party! I predict we may find out Geno’s fate by fighter 8. Reminder that wave 2 is the only wave not to have 2 returning costumes compared to the rest and Geno and Chocobo could of easily come back with hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/21/doom...ew-chess-arcade-shooter-12095644/?ito=cbshare

I'm going to put my two cents since this was talked about in a Discord I'm in.

While the time limit for CacoMallow is understandable that some might think they wouldn't "take so long", I can't legitimately consider that damning whatsoever. We have no time table of how development of Mii costumes work.

Next thing to say is this is interviewing iD, not Betheseda. In other words, they're not the IP owner and would not be approached. This is an important distinction and tells me Doomslayer is completely on the table with that in mind.

With that in mind, I spoke of how the costumes could've been proof of concept but the companies said "no" in the end. That wouldn't change with this interview. This can also explain why they came up so early but haven't been shown yet. Albeit, I don't consider this too likely unless the next character has these costumes absent too. They are definitely a logical choice for costumes.

Final thing to say is that they are impossible to replicate anyway, so we may never know if they were ever real(but didn't get used) or fake. Time can't tell all situations.

...Oh, whoops. My bad. iD owns them. Unless lying under NDA, it's a lot more damning than I thought. Welp. Albeit, they were talked to about Smash way back during 2018, but it's kind of silly not to approach them now? Though again, they could be lying. I can't declare it fake due to NDA factors, mind you, but it's "unlikely" for me now that I realize that error.

Not that it matters for Geno, who is in a good position anyway.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
**** it, Geno hat Cacomallow

cacomallow geno.png

In other news, YOOOO, 2500 pages and 100.000 posts! I may not be in here as often these days, but I'm glad to see we've gone this far. Let's keep up the pace y'all!

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 264357
When I wrote that I was post #99.999 and now I’m #100.000 :O
To whomst'd've ever robbed me of my glorious #100,000, I just have one thing to say to you:
How dare you.
Also, I made sure to screencap my post when it happened, so we'll forever remember who got the REAL #100,000th post.
TheReal100000Get.png

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , in regards to the details of the CacoMallow leak and the interview, if you read it carefully they specifically referred to Doom Guy not being discussed/considered in Smash ... not ANY Doom stuff.

Hence, the CacoMallow leak is still on the table if one was to use that interview to “debunk” the leak ... there was never a “no Doom content” statement.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Obligatory reminder that CacoMallow can be real even if Doomguy doesn't make it because the leak is only about 2 costumes.

I still believe it's real and the Mallow half of the leak will come with Geno. It has to because Geno's a lock, obviously. Caco will come with either Doomguy if he's in, or whoever else we get soon if he's out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , in regards to the details of the CacoMallow leak and the interview, if you read it carefully they specifically referred to Doom Guy not being discussed/considered in Smash ... not ANY Doom stuff.

Hence, the CacoMallow leak is still on the table if one was to use that interview to “debunk” the leak ... there was never a “no Doom content” statement.
Gah, I forgot about that part. Let me repost the quote. I probably misread it. Thanks for bringing it up.

"GC: What about the rumours of Doom Slayer being in Smash Bros.? [This was a couple of days before the Byleth announcement – GC] Do you think it could ever happen?

MS: I don’t know. We’ve asked them.

GC: You asked them?

MS: Yeah.

GC: Well, that’s how Solid Snake got in it. Would they discount it just because of the gore and violence though?

MS: I dunno. You would honestly have to ask them. We’ve never been approached and said, ‘Hey can Doomguy be in Smash Bros.?’ But we’re open-minded if they wanna ask. But we hear it all the time [from fans]. Who would say no? [laughs]

GC: But you did ask them? MS: We’ve had… I don’t even know who talked to who, but we’ve bantered with them. We have a great relationship with them through bringing Doom 2016 to Switch and that kind of stuff. So we have great people over there but it’s one of those things where it’s like, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool?’ But it’s never gone anywhere serious, so we’ll see."

Yeah, some are misreading it as "never been approached in general", which could actually be true too. I'm still skeptical on the leak, but the context doesn't imply they were never talked to regardless.

D

Deleted member

Come on Nintendo, literally all of us are so ready for a direct so we can move on to the next fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom