• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There's a ton of stuff outside Mandycan for Crash and that's what I was getting at earlier. Of my six characters I'm predicting for the Fighter's Pass based on what I know, Crash by far has the most confidence. It's no contest. Like I said, he's one of the only characters that nobody is really even arguing anymore. Crash is honestly like Hero right now and people are hard sliding their chips on certain numbers because of the strong confidence that he's outright happening.
Could you make like a rank of what characters on how confident insiders are?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Of my list? From what I've noticed from talking with various people:

Crash>> Dante >>>>>>>>>Geno >>> Lloyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Master Chief >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waluigi
It sounds like Dante is more likely than I thought. Personally, I would prefer a certain lawyer but I would be happy for Dante fans if he got in.

Edit: There's a friend of mine that I personally know that would be thrilled to see Dante in Smash. I would especially be happy for him.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It sounds like Dante is more likely than I thought. Personally, I would prefer a certain lawyer but I would be happy for Dante fans if he got in.
+1 for Phoenix! I'd love if that actually happened, we could get an alt of Mia, Edgeworth, Apollo, Athena, etc. If they were like a 2-in-1 like Phoenix & Maya, you could do Edgeworth & Gumshoe (or Kay), Apollo and Athena (or Trucie), etc. Lots of cool things you could do with them IMO.

The only thing that'd be kinda weird though is that they're just... normal humans. They don't really have magic or anything (outside of the Fey's Spirit Medium stuff, but none of it is attacking, unlike Mario's fireballs), they don't have weapons (guns and whatnot like Snake), they're just... lawyers. Obviously you could do some silly stuff since Smash isn't a game that takes itself too seriously, plus Phoenix is already a character in MvC so it's definitely not impossible.

But yeah, getting both Geno and Phoenix would be a crazy awesome FP for me for sure.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Crash>> Dante >>>>>>>>>Geno >>> Lloyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Master Chief >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waluigi
Anyone else notable people are talking about that you don't think are happening? Where would they fit on the list.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

I agree with the first three characters. Imo, Crash, Dante, and Geno seem VERY likely (eff it, I think they're in). Crash for reasons that have already been discussed around here; Dante because of the sudden port of the first three games to the Switch, with the DMC dev team going all in with the port of DMC 3, bringing new features into the game, and their last announcement on it being this upcoming week (Thursday, February 13th). They're also doing a livestream on the 14th to show off all the new features of the Switch port as well. Lastly (but certainly not the least), Geno because well... we had an entire essay written by our illustrious Sir Fatmanonice quite a while ago. However, I just remembered something. When are they planning to add the Very Hard difficulty setting to World of Light? I remember they added Very Easy with... Hero's update I believe? Since then I was expecting they'd add Very Hard with one of the remaining Packs of the First Pass but, it didn't happen. Hmm... :nifty:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Edit: There's a friend of mine that I personally know that would be thrilled to see Dante in Smash. I would especially be happy for him.
Dante and Crash are close because both Activision and Capcom absolutely suck with keeping secrets and have an embarrassingly long history of this. Crash edges out Dante because Dante's strongest evidence is hearsay. Like I said last month, there's a number of people hard claiming Dante started development sometime in January. No beating around the bush. People flat out named Dante. The issue with that is something like that can only go so far. It's a pretty strong rumor but, it's just that, a rumor. Yes, there's a lot to support this is probably true but, to quote a popular criticism, it's definitely a "dude, just trust me" situation.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

I dunno why, but I got the weird idea of Nintendo showing the Geno Mii Costume and Phoenix Wright yelling Objection!, claiming that why they would hide it until now.
Then it ends being a double reveal with Phoenix and Geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone else notable people are talking about that you don't think are happening? Where would they fit on the list.
To be honest, everyone's surprisingly on the same page with the idea that this is more than likely the last DLC season and last batch of characters. Of the characters I don't think are happening but others do, there's not a ton more. Most notably there's Sora (obviously), Ryu, Heihachi, and Travis off the top of my head. Most people are still in the boat that promotions will likely happen but I'm kind of an island when it comes to an assist trophy promotion or, honestly, any first party characters.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Dante and Crash are close because both Activision and Capcom absolutely suck with keeping secrets and have an embarrassingly long history of this. Crash edges out Dante because Dante's strongest evidence is hearsay. Like I said last month, there's a number of people hard claiming Dante started development sometime in January. No beating around the bush. People flat out named Dante. The issue with that is something like that can only go so far. It's a pretty strong rumor but, it's just that, a rumor. Yes, there's a lot to support this is probably true but, to quote a popular criticism, it's definitely a "dude, just trust me" situation.
Asuming that Dante's rumor is true and MandycanNot is also saying the truth, we may see this year:

FP6 Crash - Spring (Announcement: February Direct)
FP7 ??? - Summer (Announcement: E3 Direct)
FP8 Dante - Fall (Announcement: September Direct)

FP7 should be the biggest announcement of this FP2 considering it would be announced at E3 and well, they need to sell us this FP haha.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So thinking hard a lot about what's transpired over the last DLC pass, I've come to realize the insiders are often as wrong generally as we are. They make mistakes, get baited, and let their biases confirm for them. Not a bad thing just a human thing. With that in mind, I'm going to make a prediction. Crash not only isn't 6 he's not going to be DLC at all. I think Crash is likely another Ryu where everyone thinks he's coming because they want him or it makes sense and not because of anything truly tangible. I think he will be another in a long line of rumored characters to never appear. He'd be cool don't get me wrong but I don't see it for pass 2. Also another prediction, I think once again if the pass does well, we will see another round of DLC. With Nintendo's recent comments of wanting the Switch's lifespan to be longer than usual, I can see them going for another year of characters.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Dante and Crash are close because both Activision and Capcom absolutely suck with keeping secrets and have an embarrassingly long history of this.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite Hero basically being an open secret, isn't Square generally pretty good at keeping things under wraps? Not to mention, Square's involvement in Geno would probably be limited at best. Seeing as how most people who worked on SMRPG aren't there anymore, everything could've been negotiated in one meeting with little back and forth, meaning most of this was up to Nintendo to keep secret. If Byleth was any indication, Nintendo can actually keep things under wraps pretty well unless they mess up majorly cough Terry cough

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite Hero basically being an open secret, isn't Square generally pretty good at keeping things under wraps? Not to mention, Square's involvement in Geno would probably be limited at best. Seeing as how most people who worked on SMRPG aren't there anymore, everything could've been negotiated in one meeting with little back and forth, meaning most of this was up to Nintendo to keep secret. If Byleth was any indication, Nintendo can actually keep things under wraps pretty well unless they mess up majorly cough Terry cough
Hero was an exception. That memo wasn't supposed to get out. Square supposedly dealt with it incredibly harshly. From what I understand, Hitagi and Xenother lost most of their networks over it, eventually convincing both to step out. Obviously Verge took a big hit. Supposedly a good number of people lost their jobs over it. Square is still deathly serious about leaks.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hero was an exception. That memo wasn't supposed to get out. Square supposedly dealt with it incredibly harshly. From what I understand, Hitagi and Xenother lost most of their networks over it, eventually convincing both to step out. Obviously Verge took a big hit. Supposedly a good number of people lost their jobs over it. Square is still deathly serious about leaks.
So, basically, don't expect Geno to ever have as much insider talk because he's being handled by 2 companies that absolutely eviscerate people for leaking things?

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
To be honest, everyone's surprisingly on the same page with the idea that this is more than likely the last DLC season and last batch of characters. Of the characters I don't think are happening but others do, there's not a ton more. Most notably there's Sora (obviously), Ryu, Heihachi, and Travis off the top of my head. Most people are still in the boat that promotions will likely happen but I'm kind of an island when it comes to an assist trophy promotion or, honestly, any first party characters.
Curious to know, do they think its the last season based off a hunch or do they have info suggesting a FP Vol. 3 won't happen?

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
So thinking hard a lot about what's transpired over the last DLC pass, I've come to realize the insiders are often as wrong generally as we are. They make mistakes, get baited, and let their biases confirm for them. Not a bad thing just a human thing. With that in mind, I'm going to make a prediction. Crash not only isn't 6 he's not going to be DLC at all. I think Crash is likely another Ryu where everyone thinks he's coming because they want him or it makes sense and not because of anything truly tangible. I think he will be another in a long line of rumored characters to never appear. He'd be cool don't get me wrong but I don't see it for pass 2. Also another prediction, I think once again if the pass does well, we will see another round of DLC. With Nintendo's recent comments of wanting the Switch's lifespan to be longer than usual, I can see them going for another year of characters.
I am also convinced there is a very real shot of an FP3 simply because ninty can make any FP sell as long at there's not 4 fire emblem fighters. That said, should it happen I'm banking on it being smaller than fp1 & 2. (before anyone ask:, no, I just want to collect Geno and get of Mr. Sakurai's wild ride as fast as possible)

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
In other words, try to leak Geno and we will sue your ass

7NATOR

Smash Master
Basically a hunch just because of the huge names floating around. How do you even top characters like Crash and Master Chief?
You Don't

But you don't have to, for example, Tekken Season 1 and Season 2 had big guest characters in their roster (Geese, Noctis, NEGAN). In contrast, Season 3 Doesn't really have big names like that, but it still has interesting characters (Like Leeroy...for better or worse as of the moment) that still make people want to get the game

Season 3 could be the chance for more Assist Promotions, Spirit Promotions, Costume Promotions, etc.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, it must be one hell of a bad time to deal with legal stuff like that
So, because of Square Enix being involved? I wonder who their Ninteninjas are, or whatever their alternative to them is?

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tomorrow may be the day of an Announcement, I'll sleep until late :4villager:
Good luck staying awake. That said, take this, you may need it. *gives him a Red Bull energy drink*

The wings you get from it aren't the only thing you're going to need to stay awake. :troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And Plok. Reveal them both at E3 and watch not just the internet, but the whole world exploding!
Wait a minute, the world exploding because of him? I thought we were talking about Bubsy! That would make all living in this galaxy explode, even those who are not familiar with what Earth is! :troll:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
"What Could Pawsibly Go Wrong?"
FTFY.

TBH if a nobody that no one gives a crap about like Bubsy actually got in Smash, I think Byleth would look like a masterpiece in comparison.
(seriously, how did Bubsy get so many games and even a garbage, modern, overpriced, reboot you can beat in under 2 hours?)

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Are we really discussing the possibility of a season 3 when season 2 hasn't even started? I mean season 2 will be spread out for 2 years already. I could see a bonus character or 2 maybe, but I feel this second season could really be it.

As for the possibility of Crash being a name like Ryu that pops up and everyone is confident in and then drops off the face of the Earth, that is my fear. And I think this is really likely. I'm not saying there won't be any jaw dropping reveals in season 2, but I'm just not convinced that there will be and Crash is one of the characters that, if revealed, straight up gets me to buy the whole pass for that one character alone. I just don't see Crash as likely though. I get that there's not only evidence, fan demand, and insider talk of him, but he just seems so unlikely. I guess we will see though. I feel similarly about Master Chief as well.

In any case, Crash and Geno at least still are certainly in the running and thats more than I feel that I can say for other characters I was really pulling for like Rayman so I'm just biding my time to see how this pass kicks off and if the picks are going to appeal to me.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
FTFY.

TBH if a nobody that no one gives a crap about like Bubsy actually got in Smash, I think Byleth would look like a masterpiece in comparison.
(seriously, how did Bubsy get so many games and even a garbage, modern, overpriced, reboot you can beat in under 2 hours?)
Bubsy is Smash would be like a never ending nightmare. I'm pretty sure the fabric of space-time would buckle under the sheer improbability

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Bubsy is Smash would be like a never ending nightmare. I'm pretty sure the fabric of space-time would buckle under the sheer improbability
Oh, he wouldn't do that at all.

He would do WORSE! He'd cause the destruction of this universe, the birth of 10 more universes, and upon their Big Bang events happening, become destroyed just as quickly before they ever would get a chance to develop!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
TBH I hope DLC 6 is someone no one guessed but would still blow the door open for speculation, kinda like what Joker did, but kick it up another notch.
...or just Geno, I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

Guess we'll know by Tuesday if something's happening this week. Here's to tomorrow, everyone!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
TBH I hope DLC 6 is someone no one guessed but would still blow the door open for speculation, kinda like what Joker did, but kick it up another notch.
...or just Geno, I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

Guess we'll know by Tuesday if something's happening this week. Here's to tomorrow, everyone!
Here's to hoping, everyone!

And if there's nothing, we're more than screwed and Nintendo loves news droughts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I’ve seen this a while back. How come Geno would look less likely if he’s not in by 2020? Mii costume stuff may go outdated or fake information?

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think I’ve seen this a while back. How come Geno would look less likely if he’s not in by 2020? Mii costume stuff may go outdated or fake information?
Perhaps it just means there is a trend regarding spirits actually deconfirming. But it's kind of one that doesn't hold any weight.

I think it would prove Cacomallow fake if these costumes do not appear by at least July/August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom