• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Anyone saw this? PushDustin tweeted it earlier today. Might be indicative to the reveal incoming very soon?

Interesting. It really does seem we will hear something this week or next... and how not a single leaker has any idea who it actually is is nuts. I know you arent a leaker Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but even your contacts havent told who who it is, if they know for sure.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Papageno's Discord has an "uncensored" version of the 7/11 ad. It's cropped but it appears "5" has a black background. The original Tweet was taken down too.

(Goddamnit... Media uploader is down AGAIN.)
Black background?

EDIT: Oh great, it works in edit and in quotes but not when you actually look at it. :thinking: So :ultlink: version:
https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/8960/2177654-dovahkiin.jpg
Like so?

How do you mean "uncensored"? How is the picture in PushDustin's "censored"? Or do you mean they somehow have a copy of the 7/11 ad with FP5 on it, but with FP5 themselves cropped out?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interesting. It really does seem we will hear something this week or next... and how not a single leaker has any idea who it actually is is nuts. I know you arent a leaker Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but even your contacts havent told who who it is, if they know for sure.
That's why I've gone off my own theories and speculation because my contacts don't want to take hard guesses on 5, let alone 6 and beyond. Insider culture is kind of garbage in that regard because being wrong typically has consequences. Sources are dropped, sources are "exposed", etc. Just the pettiest of bull**** and why I'm trying to be different about it on my end.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Anyone saw this? PushDustin tweeted it earlier today. Might be indicative to the reveal incoming very soon?

I also had a look at the deleted tweet Fatman mentioned, and tbh there’s nothing here that obviously suggests FP5 was cropped out of the image. Nice to see 7-11 ads strike back but their pattern fell off two fighters back so /shrug

Something more interesting was a message about passes being not able to be sold on the 20th:

(Link is https://media.discordapp.net/attach...675/663791603038552090/unknown.png?format=png)

Not sure if this means things like the Fighters Pass or things like those Nintendo Switch Online Double tickets (which for some reason still seem to be available in AUS at least)?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's why I've gone off my own theories and speculation because my contacts don't want to take hard guesses on 5, let alone 6 and beyond. Insider culture is kind of garbage in that regard because being wrong typically has consequences. Sources are dropped, sources are "exposed", etc. Just the pettiest of bull**** and why I'm trying to be different about it on my end.
Its even possible that any of those names circling around could be wrong too. Sakurai has been really good these last 2 fighters in keeping the secret. Terry only got known to us by a mistake by Nintendo.

I know people want to know all the info but i like being surprised. The suspense is is sometimes nuts but the payoff hopefully will be worth it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm curious fatman, do you think the season 2 you have hypothesized will maybe open the door for yet more fighters? Have any of your contacts indicated this may be on the tables? I know it may be too far to judge outside of your gut feelings

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I'm curious fatman, do you think the season 2 you have hypothesized will maybe open the door for yet more fighters? Have any of your contacts indicated this may be on the tables? I know it may be too far to judge outside of your gut feelings
Do you mean in terms of a possible FP/season 3? I think we’re a bit early if we follow current timelines to consider that the idea has made serious grounding let alone enter a stage near greenlighting

Edit to avoid the DP:
If only we could get Smash news as often as the image server breaks on Smashboards

Anyway, since I can't share the actual image here's a link: Someone on RE took notice that the maintence for today has been extended by one hour.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/501288125914677250/663797461642510346/image0.png

Three days of online maintenance means something big HAS to be coming
Was Splatoon due to update today or later in the week?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do you mean in terms of a possible FP/season 3? I think we’re a bit early if we follow current timelines to consider that the idea has made serious grounding let alone enter a stage near greenlighting

Edit to avoid the DP:

Was Splatoon due to update today or later in the week?
I think today according to that GameXplain video last week?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One rumor I've heard is that AT THIS TIME (meaning it could easily change later), there are exactly 6 characters planned after #5. Remember, the initial number of dummy slots found last January was 16. This rumor would fill up 12, leaving 4 for a potential "Season 3." That said, based on the dummy slots, there's currently space for 11 more characters (if we include #5) before the game, speaking in the utmost technological terminology, ****s itself and dies because it can't handle more.

D

Deleted member

Yeah you're all right and even if we had to wait a month it'd be fine. I trust Nintendo and know they'll deliver with the news.

Thanks just have to wait. Believe me I can.

Also cool picture bomamba.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What is happening right now? That's maintenance at 5-7 and 8:30-10:30 tonight

Are we legit about to get a shadow drop?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, OP misread that other maintenance. That's on the 20th. Ignore this

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

EDIT: And the tweet got deleted for some reason
Who tweeted it? Nintendo of America or?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact the maintenance is getting extended just adds further credence to the Direct happening this week. Probably Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Dream Scenario I came up with:

Furukawa-san comes to the end of the Direct and does the typical 'It's over...well yes, but actually no.' shtick but this time he says "We have one final reveal for you, and we have a special guest here to deliver it for you. Please take a look!"

It fades to black and fading in is Yosuke Matsuda. He comes in and says that he has an announcement for us. Square is hard at work making new games exclusively for Nintendo Switch, and while nothing is quite ready to show, he will tide us over with letting us know that FF7Remake is coming to Switch and Matsuda will recommend playing it on a Switch Pro (an upgraded version of the Switch announced very early in the Direct). Matsuda will then say "While most of the Switch-exclusive titles are not ready to be revealed, we do have one little teaser for you. Please enjoy!"

Fade to black.

When it fades back in it seems like a teaser for a generic JRPG and it's just kind of panning over different areas until it focuses on a villain whom we have never even seen before and he just succeeded in putting their evil scheme into motion. "Now no one can stop me, muahahaha!" and all that. Then it pans to the starry night sky.

"Huh, it seems the Kingdom couldn't last in peace forever, no matter how hard it's people wished for it." says apparently no one on screen, though a star in the sky does shine brighter than the rest.

Suddenly, this plays right as the line below shows up on screen, but it sounds more orchestral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuww-R_I_wU

"Looks like I'll have to take care of this! It's been a long time, I wonder if I've still got it!" this extra-shiny star then moves through out the sky until it's above seemingly a random town that has nothing about that makes it stand out, then it descends upon a house in the town, bringing with it a bright white light that eventually envelops the whole screen as the teaser fades to white as the song ends right at the end of of the 44 second mark/right at the beginning of the 45 second mark.

Then, one last line of text.

'I should probably enlist the help of my old friends too, just to be safe. After all, it was because of all of us we were able to save the world. I wonder how they are doing all these years later...'

Fade to black...

Fade to Nintendo logo, end of Direct.

Firox

Smash Master
That said, based on the dummy slots, there's currently space for 11 more characters (if we include #5) before the game, speaking in the utmost technological terminology, ****s itself and dies because it can't handle more.
I'm picturing that scene from Family Guy when Stewie's diaper is dragging on the ground...

"There's so much doodie....I can't take it anymore...I haven't eaten in four days cause I...I just can't FIT anymore in there....help me..."

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
For Geno's trailer I thought it should be the Smash 64 intro with Master Hand picking dolls to put on the desk like we already saw, then hesitates at the end only to find Geno in the box and puts him into the ring, counts to three, snaps his fingers and Geno turns to dust with a sweat drop going down Master Hand as he realizes that he just Thanos snapped our dreams while the other characters do the macarena.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Seems all the pieces are starting to fall into place eh? I finally had a chance to give the Geno Essay a proper read. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , that was wonderfully put together! It was nice strolling down the bits I remember within the last year or so. The 2 SNES games with announcements tied to them could be SMRPG and not sure of the other...unless it is Final Fantasy related? Just a big old Square Enix announcement.

Also...please send us that "Fighter 5's background is black" picture! That is really interesting IF true.

EDIT: Oh I am a Champion now!? Didn't even notice haha

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, OP misread that other maintenance. That's on the 20th. Ignore this
Hmm, perhaps the 20th will be when FP5 is released? If we're to be getting a Direct later this week, I could see them announcing FP5 there, but actually releasing it around the 20th.
Dream Scenario I came up with:

Furukawa-san comes to the end of the Direct and does the typical 'It's over...well yes, but actually no.' shtick but this time he says "We have one final reveal for you, and we have a special guest here to deliver it for you. Please take a look!"

It fades to black and fading in is Yosuke Matsuda. He comes in and says that he has an announcement for us. Square is hard at work making new games exclusively for Nintendo Switch, and while nothing is quite ready to show, he will tide us over with letting us know that FF7Remake is coming to Switch and Matsuda will recommend playing it on a Switch Pro (an upgraded version of the Switch announced very early in the Direct). Matsuda will then say "While most of the Switch-exclusive titles are not ready to be revealed, we do have one little teaser for you. Please enjoy!"

Fade to black.

When it fades back in it seems like a teaser for a generic JRPG and it's just kind of panning over different areas until it focuses on a villain whom we have never even seen before and he just succeeded in putting their evil scheme into motion. "Now no one can stop me, muahahaha!" and all that. Then it pans to the starry night sky.

"Huh, it seems the Kingdom couldn't last in peace forever, no matter how hard it's people wished for it." says apparently no one on screen, though a star in the sky does shine brighter than the rest.

Suddenly, this plays right as the line below shows up on screen, but it sounds more orchestral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuww-R_I_wU

"Looks like I'll have to take care of this! It's been a long time, I wonder if I've still got it!" this extra-shiny star then moves through out the sky until it's above seemingly a random town that has nothing about that makes it stand out, then it descends upon a house in the town, bringing with it a bright white light that eventually envelops the whole screen as the teaser fades to white as the song ends right at the end of of the 44 second mark/right at the beginning of the 45 second mark.

Then, one last line of text.

'I should probably enlist the help of my old friends too, just to be safe. After all, it was because of all of us we were able to save the world. I wonder how they are doing all these years later...'

Fade to black...

Fade to Nintendo logo, end of Direct.
Neat idea, but a bit too heavy-handed. Speaking of, I've got a cool idea for one:
Scene opens with Mario, Peach and Bowser being chased by a group of evil Young Links through a forest at night, sort of like the one seen in Hero's Trailer. The Young Links are firing numerous volleys of arrows at the trio. Mario is throwing fireballs at the Young Links in an attempt to both fight them back as well as burn away their arrows. Peach brandishes her Frying Pan at the aggressors and even manages to reflect a couple of arrows back at them using it. Bowser is breathing fire at them and swiping at them with his claws. Bowser then notices that Mario and Peach are struggling a bit, so he decides to rush in and act as a diversion so they can flee. Bowser brings up his shield to block the arrows, which come at such a frequency that it breaks. Bowser then takes numerous arrows in a scene reminicient of the iconic moment from the movie Platoon.

The scene cuts to Mario and Peach fleeing with several Young Links in pursuit. The Young Links manage to back the duo up against a rock wall. Surrounded at all sides, they brace themselves. The Young Links then fire another volley of arrows, but before this can happen, the scene shifts upwards towards the night sky. A star twinkles in the distance, before racing down to the ground like a meteor. The star is revealed to be a person hidden in shadow, who manages to reflect the volley of arrows back at the hordes using his left arm, which appears to have dislocated itself. This mysterious person re-orientates that arm and rears back with their right arm over their left shoulder. The shadows that enveloped them disappear to reveal their identity. Cue splash screen:

GENO GIVES IT A WHIRL!

Geno then fires a Geno Whirl at the Young Links, which blows them all away. Geno then looks over his right shoulder, and smiles and waves at Mario and Peach. The scene then transitions to a montage of in-game footage, showcasing Geno doing all sorts of things from fighting enemies, using his moves, as well as a few scenes that reference his home game. One idea I have is that they show him on the World of Light overworld flying towards his Spirit Battle. The montage ends with Geno using his Final Smash to dispose of a group of Young Links. The Smash Ultimate logo pops up "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars".

The trailer ends with one last CG shot of Geno, Mario and Peach rejoining with Bowser. Geno hands Bowser a Heart Container, which brings the Koopa King back to full health.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox.
Sunshine HD is one of the rumored remasters but confidence in it being real is super low.

New hint I've been allowed to share: half this list is "dead" franchises. F-Zero isn't one of them; sorry...
IDK how valid this claim is but hoo boy if Advance Wars turned out to be one of those remakes (even if I would prefer a new game).

Well, here's hoping at least.

D

Deleted member

Finally got every Christmas gift from today!

AEB44DC8-38DD-4103-B259-CA87BAD40C39.jpeg

5E0E7D9A-7EAD-492F-9E46-B33DC80EDA2E.jpeg

link2702

Smash Champion
0DF3B9A5-7AD8-480E-9FBE-204304306244.gif

FOR ***** SAKE NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCE THE DIRECT ALREADY! WE’RE LOSING OUR MINDS HERE!

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
How do you mean "uncensored"? How is the picture in PushDustin's "censored"? Or do you mean they somehow have a copy of the 7/11 ad with FP5 on it, but with FP5 themselves cropped out?[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to see the pic.

Edit: mods please delete this comment of mine

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno does indeed become playable, would the Mii Costume be completely scrapped or would it be included with him?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
One rumor I've heard is that AT THIS TIME (meaning it could easily change later), there are exactly 6 characters planned after #5. Remember, the initial number of dummy slots found last January was 16. This rumor would fill up 12, leaving 4 for a potential "Season 3." That said, based on the dummy slots, there's currently space for 11 more characters (if we include #5) before the game, speaking in the utmost technological terminology, ****s itself and dies because it can't handle more.
Can it really not handle anymore than eleven fighters? That's kind of weird. from what I heard, they could up the roster, but it would have to come with a software update and such, but I may be mis-remembering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom