• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So regarding Geno, if he was a fighter, what kind of pose would they give him for his CSS render? That alone would be exciting to see a 3D model of him for the fist time in 25 years. I remember being excited for Mega Man's Smash 4 render since it was the first time I recall ever seeing him with that style.
Probably a Batman type pose with his cape being very prominent.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sephiroth and Crono would be cool. A 2B Costume could work if they give the costume some black modesty shorts under the skirt.

Gonna stop you there. It's actually very relevant whether or not what Fatman is doing constitutes a leak or not. Your claim is that Fatman is leaking information whilst calling it all speculation. The definition of a leak is vital in determining whether or not your claim is true.

Not true. According to SmashWiki, the definition of a Leak is as follows:
"A leak is a revelation of information about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information."
Thus, a "Leaker" would be an individual who reveals infomation about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information. If the information you are discussing cannot be conclusively proven to be true, then it is not a leak, it is a rumor, and you are not a leaker, you are merely discussing rumors, ie. a speculator.

Because your idea of what a leaker is does not reflect the reality of what a leaker actually is. You are saying that because Fatman is discussing insider information that he is a leaker, but if that were true then you would also have to call the likes of PapaGenos, IAmShifty, LaxChris, and BlockContent as leakers as well, since they also have recieved and discussed information that they claim is from insider sources that no one else has, and I know you wouldn't consider LaxChris a leaker.
Exactly! By EricTheGamerman's definition, basically everyone with predictions are leakers. Unless he is only applying that imaginary rule to Fatmanonice.

So regarding Geno, if he was a fighter, what kind of pose would they give him for his CSS render? That alone would be exciting to see a 3D model of him for the fist time in 25 years. I remember being excited for Mega Man's Smash 4 render since it was the first time I recall ever seeing him with that style.
Geno's render should be him nodding his head or looking side ways like Batman or something looking into the night's sky.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
It’s gotta be a dynamic pose, pretty much all the renders in Ultimate are some kinda action pose. Maybe him aiming a finger gun?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Exactly! By EricTheGamerman's definition, basically everyone with predictions are leakers. Unless he is only applying that imaginary rule to Fatmanonice.
It's not the act of predicting that makes that definition, it's the claiming that someone has told you so and so information from a confidential supposedly verified (at least enough for the person in question to mention it in the first place) source and you're relaying that to other people in some capacity. Like I've said elsewhere, I treat people the same way in regards to this. If we want to go to calling Sabi and Vergeben "rumor-ers" or whatever, fine, but I don't really assign any special meaning to any one person claiming inside information to really call separate them in any meaningful way.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
You know, I haven't thought on that much. Maybe something along the lines of him putting forward his gun facing the viewer. Maybe the other arm is pulled back and his hand is clenched in a fist.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's not the act of predicting that makes that definition, it's the claiming that someone has told you so and so information from a confidential supposedly verified (at least enough for the person in question to mention it in the first place) source and you're relaying that to other people in some capacity. Like I've said elsewhere, I treat people the same way in regards to this. If we want to go to calling Sabi and Vergeben "rumor-ers" or whatever, fine, but I don't really assign any special meaning to any one person claiming inside information to really call separate them in any meaningful way.
Someone like Verge and Sabi are leakers because they have high credible contects or that is what we believe per say. They're leakers because they give the full details, Fatman does not. He has contects, but he speculates from what he has heard and will only create thoeries from information he has heard if he is given permission to share it with us. So the stuff you hear in Fatman's theories ain't the complete puzzle and he even tells people that and to not take his words too seriously.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I think there's currently around 4 "live" rumors that have Geno in them somewhere. So I'm hoping at least one turns out to be more than complete nonsense.

There's the Mii Costume video from 4chan, still nothing in it definitive either way after staring at it for almost 2 months now.
Papagenos was sent a list of Mii costumes that had Mallow/Smitthy in it and everything else on that list turned out real. This guy also knew what the Terry spirits were. This is from his "IGN Source" but that source has a source of his own. Since everything else on that list was right, this one seems likely to all be from the same initial source. Seems PRETTY LIKELY that they'd be making Geno playable if they're adding those but it's not 100% (Technically sometimes they'll just add Mii costumes unrelated to any new fighters, like the Team Rocket Grunt outfits).
There was one guy who a while back in like September that told PapaGenos "A person who is the most reliable person in the world said in a jokey way that kinda indicated Geno is in". I think this was Brew Elfin? Not sure.
And there's the stuff Fatmanonice is saying.

Really hoping we get a direct next week and we can at least mark some of these true or false.
At this point I'm just exhausted from trying to figure out FP5 and I really hope they do the direct sometime from the 4th to the 9th, then we can start thinking about how a 2nd season will work.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Someone like Verge and Sabi are leakers because they have high credible contects or that is what we believe per say. They're leakers because they give the full details, Fatman does not. He has contects, but he speculates from what he has heard and will only create thoeries from information he has heard if he is given permission to share it with us. So the stuff you hear in Fatman's theories ain't the complete puzzle and he even tells people that and to not take his words too seriously.
Yeah, see, I don't give Sabi and Vergeben much credit really. That's the issue people seem not to understand about how I approach this issue (nor will I ever agree with any assessment of them giving "full details" since at absolute ****ing best, they managed to say an occasionally right character name in the context of Smash and that was basically it). This isn't supposed to be knocking Fatman, it's knocking Verge, Sabi, et. al. who get more attention than I think they should because all text "leaks" or "rumors" start at the same basis of "This could maybe be true but is unverified" for me. I don't really agree there's much of a fundamental difference here between people. They were just as prone to theory crafting based upon their sources and they were absolutely as non-committal (to the point of absolute frustration mind you). I mean, I like Fatman as a person more than I ever have either of them (believe it or not since I presume people think I hate him or something, when that's not really been the case), but action wise, since I don't consider those types of individuals any differently, they're all "leakers" or "rumor-ers" on an equal playing field to me on the basis of bringing up some "outside source of information" to the discussion as a way to steer it in a certain way.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is related to whatever the dikens is going on here, but Waniiz returned on the geno discord and he's doing fine

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure if this is related to whatever the dikens is going on here, but Waniiz returned on the geno discord and he's doing fine
What happened to him exactly? I heard people saying he left Smashboards because of the trolls attacking the Geno thread. It's good to hear though he hasn't completely left the community, but has he really left Smashboards?

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
One solution I would like to propose is to ban this "leak talk" for the time being in this place for maybe until another major source comes out saying something or a direct gets announced, which shouldn't be too much longer if a moderator or something is reading this post. It seems like a decent way to prevent all this drama. This whole fatman debacle just seems to be causing not only issues of some types of harassment towards you guys / fattie but also issues in the overall community and even is leading to the resentment of geno from decent amounts of people because of how annoying this situation is.

please just talk about geno and stop with the Fatman leaks for like at least a week pleaaasseeeee, this is way too much
Aren't you taking this a little to seriously? I feel like one guy speculating about rumors he's heard should not be causing this kind of drama.

OffBi

Smash Ace
What happened to him exactly? I heard people saying he left Smashboards because of the trolls attacking the Geno thread. It's good to hear though he hasn't completely left the community, but has he really left Smashboards?
Yeah, i believe that he deleted his account as well

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Bowing with his left hand over his chest and the right arm, with the hand in gun form, up in the air.

OffBi

Smash Ace
****! I'm going to miss him. He wasn't here that long at all. I loved his Geno and Doomslayer signature the one with Geno spinning around and Doomslayer kind of dancing.
Oh actually i have it here
winning.gif

I made this when the Cacomallow leak surfaced in school

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fun stuff. You may all notice that I'm weirdly calm but that's because I used to work for a police station and people would damage my car and stand outside my apartment at like 2 in the morning. Also dealt with my now wife's stalker for the first year of our relationship so this weirdly old hat. People are nuts but you know what's cool? Geno.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Fun stuff. You may all notice that I'm weirdly calm but that's because I used to work for a police station and people would damage my car and stand outside my apartment at like 2 in the morning. Also dealt with my now wife's stalker for the first year of our relationship so this weirdly old hat. People are nuts but you know what's cool? Geno.
Wait, you had a job?!

D

Deleted member

Wait, that was YOUR car? ****, my bad bro.

But yea, Geno's got wood.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hey, everyone, I'm back again. Don't worry, it's not to cause trouble this time, lol.

I heard about the doxxing situation regarding Fatmanonice, and I just want to say that it's got nothing to do with me (I'm aware I'd be considered a likely suspect for obvious reasons). I'm pretty sure I actually know who's responsible for it.

There's this weirdo on Discord who goes by the name of "mario342" who runs a Youtube channel called "KindlyTV". He had (or has, rather) a bizarre obsession with me and attempted to doxx me, as well. He's recently shifted target to Fatman and tried posting doxx of his on one of the GameFAQs Smash Discord servers not too long ago, and has made videos about both of us.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD8h-ptzmbP6lnMxB5oxPJw/videos

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone, I'm back again. Don't worry, it's not to cause trouble this time, lol.

I heard about the doxxing situation regarding Fatmanonice, and I just want to say that it's got nothing to do with me (I'm aware I'd be considered a likely suspect for obvious reasons). I'm pretty sure I actually know who's responsible for it.

There's this weirdo on Discord who goes by the name of "mario342" who runs a Youtube channel called "KindlyTV". He had (or has, rather) a bizarre obsession with me and attempted to doxx me, as well. He's recently shifted target to Fatman and tried posting doxx of his on one of the GameFAQs Smash Discord servers not too long ago, and has made videos about both of us.

Hey, nice to see you helping us with this whole doxx situation

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I must have so many people on my ignore list, that browsing this thread makes it seem like everyone is talking to themselves. Fatmanonice has been in a heated debate with himself for the past 30 pages

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Well there we go (possibly). Maybe a January Direct!

20191230_153807.jpg

Luckily this is someone we can talk about in here. (Right?...)

Edit: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I know we have sort of renounced some people as credible like S*** and V****... this person is still good though, right? Or no? I just know that this person can still be talked about in here (we haven't been told otherwis.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

^ Here's a receipt to go along with my claims.

That's mario342. The name he's using (Alexander Phu Vu) is actually the name he came up with when attempting to doxx me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I do call those people "leakers" except for LaxChris who has yet to really provide anything outside of his clickbait videos that he mass produces. But Genos and Shifty have both claimed information at different points that would typically classify them as a "leaker." And again, people have referenced these people under the terminology of "leaks" in the past across the community. I don't classify them any differently than Vergeben or Sabi in that regard. It's a consistency thing. They're all bringing in some unknown and unverifiable piece of information to the table that is not public knowledge prior to their posting on the matter. "Leaker" has just been the more commonly accepted terminology for all of them in Smash circles for some time now even if the definition on the Smash wiki does not reflect that. You're now moving into a full blown semantics issue with the community at this point, which is fair in its own way I've said before.
But that's all this disagreement is about, really. You're saying Fatman is a leaker because you (and some other nameless people) have a very broad definition of what a leaker is that not only doesn't reflect what everyone else here, including Fatman himself, would define as a leaker, but also isn't supported by most dictionary definitions of what a leak or a leaker is. So unless you can convince us that your definition is correct, then we, or at the very least I, won't accept it. Simple as that.

Though really, I think we should just drop it at this point.

I must have so many people on my ignore list, that browsing this thread makes it seem like everyone is talking to themselves
Y-you're not ignoring me... a-are you...?

Geno thread? More like schizophrenia thread.
Nooooo, you can't say that, you'll offend peoples with schizophrenobibbles! That's a rude, my dude.

View attachment 255086

FinallySomeGoodFood.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's mario342. The name he's using (Alexander Phu Vu) is actually the name he came up with when attempting to doxx me.
The heads up is very appreciated mate. For the record, I don't think anyone thought it was you. Last I heard you and Fatman did eventually come to terms and work things out.

But glad we all share a common ground about doxxing. It's ****ing disgusting and anyone who has done it deserves some time behind bars imo.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
JUST CHECKING IN. I thought the thread was murdered but it looks fine to me :V
Big fan of your videos, especially the Pokémon Battle Royale ones where you collaborated with Gnoggin (that Legendary/Mythical one was fricken awesome)!

Are you feeling better about Geno's chances since you posted that video (after the final Smash Direct before Ultimate's launch) of you falling into oblivion (or whatever you want to call that)?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 255086

Edit: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I know we have sort of renounced some people as credible like S*** and V****... this person is still good though, right? Or no? I just know that this person can still be talked about in here (we haven't been told otherwis.
LeakyPandy is not really credible. But it seems a direct is coming around that time maybe a little later.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Much appreciated mate. I already know you and Fatman eventually got on friendly terms, but good job cementing your redemption arc :ultpacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom