• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rumor dump because it's kind of awful right now and we're probably not getting a Direct for at least three weeks. Here are all the major lingering rumors that I've heard from my contacts, including the Mii costume guy and NoA ambassador, since probably like July. Definitely food for thought for a highly probable January Direct and beyond.

Major lingering rumors:

-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox. One has been made public by a couple of people, Sunshine HD, but confidence in it being real is super low.

Add in: another clarification: none have been formally announced yet so Xenoblade DE is not part of this.

-Tales announcements for Switch but nobody knows what or when. Supposedly Nintendo itself has been teasing it themselves to it's employees since like September.

-New retro Ninja Gaiden for Switch but, again, no one knows when. Basically a "Ninja Gaiden 4" with NES graphics and some people are now wondering if this rumor has anything to do with the Ryu in Smash rumors.

-New 3D Mario for E3 that's not Odyssey 2 or Galaxy 3. Supposedly totally new and not tied to past games but that's about it. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super vague.

-Soul Calibur for Switch but, again, who ****in' knows? Had the Nightmare rumors clipped to this which is a big reason I entertained the idea. Confidence isn't super high on this one either.

-Nintendo is supposedly going to try its damnest to make BoTW 2 2020 (but, let's face it, it's not looking good and it's Zelda FFS) No doubt will have a lot to show at E3 regardless.

-Major complications with Prime 4 to the point it may miss E3... Again...

-Fighters 5 and 6 are rumored to be coming together, as in announced together. I give this one the most credit because like 5 people have passed this rumor onto me including the Mii costume guy. Lot of people disagree on who 5 and 6 could be but I will say that a lot of the same names keep coming up. As I've said, I don't think 5 or 6 are Geno but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Add in: Because there's been some confusion, I mean announced together as in the same presentation, not the same trailer. Rumors for 6 are particularly interesting because they suggest that they could either be a bonus character ala Plant or simply the character to kick off "Season 2" but it seems like nobody agrees on which it will be.

Welp, back to lurking...
>Xenoblade Definitive Edition isn’t a part of this

perhaps... Xenoblade X DE is though...? Please I need it

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Rumor dump because it's kind of awful right now and we're probably not getting a Direct for at least three weeks. Here are all the major lingering rumors that I've heard from my contacts, including the Mii costume guy and NoA ambassador, since probably like July. Definitely food for thought for a highly probable January Direct and beyond.

Major lingering rumors:

-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox. One has been made public by a couple of people, Sunshine HD, but confidence in it being real is super low.

Add in: another clarification: none have been formally announced yet so Xenoblade DE is not part of this.

-Tales announcements for Switch but nobody knows what or when. Supposedly Nintendo itself has been teasing it themselves to it's employees since like September.

-New retro Ninja Gaiden for Switch but, again, no one knows when. Basically a "Ninja Gaiden 4" with NES graphics and some people are now wondering if this rumor has anything to do with the Ryu in Smash rumors.

-New 3D Mario for E3 that's not Odyssey 2 or Galaxy 3. Supposedly totally new and not tied to past games but that's about it. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super vague.

-Soul Calibur for Switch but, again, who ****in' knows? Had the Nightmare rumors clipped to this which is a big reason I entertained the idea. Confidence isn't super high on this one either.

-Nintendo is supposedly going to try its damnest to make BoTW 2 2020 (but, let's face it, it's not looking good and it's Zelda FFS) No doubt will have a lot to show at E3 regardless.

-Fighters 5 and 6 are rumored to be coming together, as in announced together. I give this one the most credit because like 5 people have passed this rumor onto me including the Mii costume guy. Lot of people disagree on who 5 and 6 could be but I will say that a lot of the same names keep coming up. As I've said, I don't think 5 or 6 are Geno but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Add in: Because there's been some confusion, I mean announced together as in the same presentation, not the same trailer. Rumors for 6 are particularly interesting because they suggest that they could either be a bonus character ala Plant or simply the character to kick off "Season 2" but it seems like nobody agrees on which it will be.

Welp, back to lurking...

Really interesting stuff. Quick question fatman if you don’t mind. How’s the mii list looking rn? Is it still good or naw?

Firox

Smash Master
>Xenoblade Definitive Edition isn’t a part of this

perhaps... Xenoblade X DE is though...? Please I need it
I do feel like Xenoblade X gets downplayed way more than it deserves. I'm curious if the Xeno series gets any more representation in the next fighters pass. I'm still kinda holding out for Mythra or Elma (after Geno of course ;)).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
if Geno his own spirit board, what do you guys think it would be?
I've spent some time coming up with Spirits, so I guess now is the perfect time to post them. Let me know if there's any way to improve upon them.
- Mack -
(Red Toon Link in Castle Seige's castle area)
{The enemy loves to jump, The enemy favors downward attacks in the air}
[Primary Attack Spirit, 1 slot, *, Sword Attack ↑]

- Boshi -
(Blue Yoshi on Yoshi's Island Omega)
{The enemy has increased move speed, The enemy can deal damage by dashing into you}
[Support Spirit, 1 slot, **, Impact Run]

- Bowyer -
(Red Young Link, Geno's Stage assuming it's a forest / Distant Planet Omega)
{The enemy's ranged weapons have increased power}
[Support Spirit, 1 slot, *, Shooting Attack ↑]

- Booster -
(Red Wario, New Pork City)
{The enemy is easily distracted by items}
[Primary Attack Spirit, 2 slots, **, Jump ↓]

- Yaridovich -
(Red Corrin, Bridge of Eldin, has a team of 3 Red Corrins to assist him)
{The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy is weak to electric attacks, Defeat the main fighter to win}
[Primary Attack Spirit, 2 slots, ***, Electric Weakness]

- Megasmilax -
(Giant Piranha Plant, Kongo Jungle Omega, has a team of 2 Piranha Plants to assist him)
{The enemy favors Smash Attacks}
[Primary Grab Spirit, 2 slots, **, Fire Attack ↑]

- Valentina & Dodo -
(Orange Palutena, Peach's Castle, has a Black Dedede to assist her)
{Defeat the main fighter to win, Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd}
[Primary Grab Spirit, 2 slots, ***, Magic Attack ↑]

- Axem Rangers -
(Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Black Meta Knight, Venom)
{The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy has increased defense}
[Primary Neutral Spirit, 3 slots ***, Sword Attack ↑]

- Exor -
(Giant Ganondorf, Find Mii)
[Primary Attack Spirit, 2 slots, ***, Sword Attack ↑]

- Smithy -
(Giant Grey Dedede, Midgar, has a Dark Toon Link, a Dark Young Link, and a Male Corrin to assist him)
{Defeat the main fighter to win, The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy has super armor but moves slower}
[Primary Attack Spirit, 2 slots, ****, Metal and Giant]

- Culex -
(Giant Mr. Game & Watch, Final Destination, has a Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green Mr. Game and Watch to assist him)
{Defeat the main fighter to win, The enemy can use their Final Smash twice in a row, The enemy will occasionally be invincible}
[Primary Neutral Spirit, 3 slots, ****, Magic Attack ↑]

Firox

Smash Master
I've spent some time coming up with Spirits, so I guess now is the perfect time to post them. Let me know if there's any way to improve upon them.
- Mack -

- Boshi -
{The enemy has increased move speed, The enemy can deal damage by dashing into you}

- Bowyer -

- Booster -

- Yaridovich -
{The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy is weak to electric attacks, Defeat the main fighter to win}

- Megasmilax -
(Giant Piranha Plant, Kongo Jungle Omega, has a team of 2 Piranha Plants to assist him)

- Valentina & Dodo -
{Defeat the main fighter to win, Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd}

- Axem Rangers -
{The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy has increased defense}

- Exor -

- Smithy -
(Giant Grey Dedede, Midgar, has a Dark Toon Link, a Dark Young Link, and a Male Corrin to assist him)
{Defeat the main fighter to win, The enemy's melee weapons have increased power, The enemy has super armor but moves slower}

- Culex -
(Giant Mr. Game & Watch, Final Destination, has a Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green Mr. Game and Watch to assist him)
{Defeat the main fighter to win, The enemy can use their Final Smash twice in a row, The enemy will occasionally be invincible}
Wow, this list is really cool. I have to have these now.

D

Deleted member

- Mack -

- Boshi -

- Bowyer -

- Booster -

- Yaridovich -

- Megasmilax -

- Valentina & Dodo -

- Axem Rangers -

- Exor -

- Smithy -

- Culex -
They look really accurate! I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them turn out to be spot on

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
- Mack -

- Boshi -

- Bowyer -

- Booster -

- Yaridovich -

- Megasmilax -

- Valentina & Dodo -

- Axem Rangers -

- Exor -

- Smithy -

- Culex -
Nice list. Can't believe I forgot about the Axem Rangers lol. I think Halberd would be more fitting though.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It might also be something to point out but realistically I don't see a SMRPG remake in the works. Considering how SE is currently working on FF7 as a semi-all hands on deck situation on top of SE's Nintendo project team is currently busy on Bravely Default II.

If SMRPG is even a thought in anyone's mind at Nintendo/SE, it seems far from being on the table for 2020. For now, I am focusing on pushing them to put SMRPG onto the Nintendo Switch Online Service. I would love for people to just have a chance to play the game for the first time. That's always how you keep a game's legacy going.

And all I can do regarding Smash Bros is sit back and hope Sakurai and team did the right thing regarding Geno as a playable character.

D

Deleted member

It might also be something to point out but realistically I don't see a SMRPG remake in the works. Considering how SE is currently working on FF7 as a semi-all hands on deck situation on top of SE's Nintendo project team is currently busy on Bravely Default II.

If SMRPG is even a thought in anyone's mind at Nintendo/SE, it seems far from being on the table for 2020. For now, I am focusing on pushing them to put SMRPG onto the Nintendo Switch Online Service. I would love for people to just have a chance to play the game for the first time. That's always how you keep a game's legacy going.

And all I can do regarding Smash Bros is sit back and hope Sakurai and team did the right thing regarding Geno as a playable character.
There's absolutely no way that literally everyone at Square is making Final Fantasy 7 remake (which honestly should be really close to completion at this point), and it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that a potential Super Mario RPG remake or sequel wouldn't be a joint project between both companies.

Loog

Smash Apprentice

Major lingering rumors:

Welp, back to lurking...
The number 4 is a cursed number it seems with Pikmin 4 no show and Metroid prime 4 complications. I say we move onto the fifth entry.

OffBi

Smash Ace
The number 4 is a cursed number it seems with Pikmin 4 no show and Metroid prime 4 complications. I say we move onto the fifth entry.
4, the Nintendo's version of valve's 3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, there's a reason the Japanese consider it unlucky.

Firox

Smash Master

I think it's worth pointing out that Nintendo could possibly just buy the rights to SMRPG's legacy and take the IP for themselves. Then they'd never have to involve SE again, thus allowing them to put Geno and Mallow in all future Mario crossovers without having to sacrifice their first born child every time. Then again, SE's story/character development team was probably what made SMRPG so great in the first place.

Fun/Interesting fact:

In Japan, the numbers 4 and 9 are considered to be as unlucky as the traditional number 13 in western culture. Why? Because the number 4 sounds like "Shi" (death in Japanese) and 9 sounds like "Ku" (suffering, agony). Even more interesting, when you add them both together, you get 13! Ooooohh, spooky, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's worth pointing out that Nintendo could possibly just buy the rights to SMRPG's legacy and take the IP for themselves. Then they'd never have to involve SE again, thus allowing them to put Geno and Mallow in all future Mario crossovers without having to sacrifice their first born child every time. Then again, SE's story/character development team was probably what made SMRPG so great in the first place.
I'd rather have firstborns sacrified to Square Enix than to let Miyamoto anywhere near the character of Geno. He'll be turned into a goddamn Toad before we know it.

Firox

Smash Master
I'd rather have firstborns sacrified to Square Enix than to let Miyamoto anywhere near the character of Geno. He'll be turned into a goddamn Toad before we know it.
.......you know what? Feck it, you're right. Never mind. Miyamoto is a hack when it comes to character development.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Then again, SE's story/character development team was probably what made SMRPG so great in the first place.
Yeah, I think that is something we often forget. I mean, part of the allure of Geno is his strange nature compared to everything else in the Mario universe, no doubt a result of Squares influence when it came to making a Mario RPG. Add in the fact that SMRPG is also super similar in nature to the Final Fantasy games of the time and I do think something would be lost from Geno if Square never got to work with him again. I do hope a better deal is made so he can actually be used more though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I think that is something we often forget. I mean, part of the allure of Geno is his strange nature compared to everything else in the Mario universe, no doubt a result of Squares influence when it came to making a Mario RPG. Add in the fact that SMRPG is also super similar in nature to the Final Fantasy games of the time and I do think something would be lost from Geno if Square never got to work with him again. I do hope a better deal is made so he can actually be used more though.
There's a charm and a wit to the story that I don't see much of out of Square's other titles so I don't know that I'd give all the credit to them for the story writing, and honestly I feel like their biggest influence on it was the actual RPG system, which at the time, Square was a master of. It really was a combination of two companies doing what they're best at: Nintendo for memorable scenario and characters, and Square for rock solid mechanics.

Loog

Smash Apprentice

Fun/Interesting fact:

In Japan, the numbers 4 and 9 are considered to be as unlucky as the traditional number 13 in western culture. Why? Because the number 4 sounds like "Shi" (death in Japanese) and 9 sounds like "Ku" (suffering, agony). Even more interesting, when you add them both together, you get 13! Ooooohh, spooky, huh?
Well, Nintendo did kill off metroid prime 4 once already so it is pretty fitting number. Can't wait for it to be shut down and restarted again.

D

Deleted member

Fun/Interesting fact:

9 also sounds like "kyo" (misfortune) which is the kanji Cloud spells out with Cross Slash.

As in "sure is a misfortune that I'm here and not Geno"

(that's a joke for you hardasses out there)

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Could you please tell us the names that are popping up a lot for Fighter 5 and 6? Unless your sources would like to keep it private for safety reasons.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
- Mack -

- Boshi -

- Bowyer -

- Booster -

- Yaridovich -

- Megasmilax -

- Valentina & Dodo -

- Axem Rangers -

- Exor -

- Smithy -

- Culex -
I agree with all of your choices

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Hey gang, the reality of our situation has me extremely burnt out on smash talk rn so I doubt I'll be very active until Nintendo decides to pull their heads out of the dirt, but until then I'll throw my hat in the ring and say the recent developments are rather interesting and if fatman's stuff is legit we might just see dovahkiin prove the cacomallow leak in about a month. Here's my current thoughts on how season 2 will shape up again assuming the info is good and nothing we know changes.

5. Dovahkiin, January direct. Would not be surprised in the least if 5 drops right after the presentation. Could still be doom or a total surprise but idk everything seems to fit him better atm,, MH/cacodemon mii costumes

B/1. Waluigi, January direct. Had a really difficult time building a s2 for quite a while because there were only ever 4 slots I felt I could conclusively fill, then I realized that might be for a reason. maybe he has a full CP but the plant treatment feels more likely to me rn.

1. Geno, january or maybe something unexpected like a showcase tack on if fatman is right about being before e3, otherwise definitely e3. He's in boys. Mallow/smithy/geno/chocobo costumes

2. Lloyd, could be the real 6 and were on the old 5 man model but I like this more rn. E3 feels like the earliest if I have to fit 3 reveals before him. heihachi/gill costumes

3. Phoenix, E3, maybe September but I doubt it. I'm on the dante leakbait train 100% now. .EXE/X costumes.

4. Crash. Not really sure, E3 if my order is wrong or they go all in for 3 reveals, september is still very possible if e3 has 2, tga is still a good place despite what happened last week. only brand new character of the bunch I don't think is bait tbh, only hesitation is this not being a typical smash finale.

Season 3 I have no idea and only a few characters I feel have any real promise, like s2 I'll probably talk more about farther down the line once we have a better idea of what's going on. Hopefully we get news again sooner or later but frankly my patience with nintendo has run out. Peace y'all.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Square owns Geno in no uncertain terms, but both are filed away as Mario characters because they are. Wouldn't you be more confused if they had the FF logo with them? Just because Square owns the characters doesn't mean they're a part of Cloud's franchise.

Their spirits and the costume are probably the best proof we have that Square doesn't actually have some kind of draconian use policy, at least not regarding them. Sure, there's absolutely no other Final Fantasy artwork in the game and that's probably a by-product of some sort of legal nightmare, but it's very clear that Geno and Mallow at the very least are essentially taped to the fridge waiting for someone to want to use them.

Call it conspiratorial all you want but the fact that Sakurai had a costume made for Geno and then the next game, when the moment was right for him to press the character issue, decided to just make Geno a spirit, that's just bordering on malicious intent.

I suppose that there is a chain of events that could potentially have happened/still be happening that puts Geno in as a character, but I don't know how realistic it is. If I'm gonna sit around and theorycraft on how company politics/policies work though I'd rather theorycraft on how they're ****ing us in the rear.
Y'know, I do have a theory that may explain why Geno hasn't come back yet. When you line up the reveals thus far for Ultimate, you notice that the majority of the most significant characters that have been revealed for Ultimate, the most highly requested characters by fans, have been revealed at E3:

Ridley was revealed at E3 2018, easily one of the (no pun intended) biggest NEVEREVER characters out there. Hell, even Sakurai himself thought it wouldn't happen whilst still keeping true to who the character is. And yet it happened. Sakurai figured out a way to get that hulking son-of-a-gun in Smash while also staying true to who the character is, and it was glorious.

Hero was revealed at 2019, and while may not be the biggest request out there for most people, they're beyond a big deal for the japanese fans. Dragon Quest is a big deal over there, and before Smash Ultimate SquareEnix had NEVEREVER let anyone use their Dragon Quest protagonists for any game that wasn't a main series Dragon Quest game. Them getting in Smash is a veritable dream come true for them.

Banjo & Kazooie were heavily requested for a long time, but seen as too big of an ask. I mean, a western-owned character that hasn't been relevant to the larger gaming landscape since the early 2000s? That's NEVEREVER going to happen, they're NEVEREVER going to make it in Smash! And yet it happened. A single golden puzzle peice bouncing along the ground turned even the most cynical Binyots into children on Christmas Day opening that big beautiful box to find a shiny new N64 inside. The dream came true, Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash.

So with that in mind, think about E3 2020. Smash DLC is obviously going to continue for at least another 4-5 characters, or a whole year given how the Fighters Pass has turned out, with very obvious overlap with E3 2020, which they're ten million percent likely going to reveal a character at. Now based on what I've detailed above, what kind of character do you think would be revealed there? Well, based on the last two years it would have to be someone big, someone that gets people excited on the same level as a Banjo or Ridley. Well, I've said it before and I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face (or giant red Super Mario Sunshine-esque M), the only characters I think that would anywhere near as hype as someone like Banjo are Crash Bandicoot, Doom Slayer, and Geno, and out of those three I think Geno has the best shot, being widely considered a NEVEREVER character on the same level as K. Rool or Banjo.

And I know what some of you may be thinking: "Well, just because two or three very popular fan requests were met during the last two E3s, that doesn't mean we're definitely getting Geno at E3 2020.". Well, Mr. Hypothetical Cynical Retort Person, consider this from a cynical business perspective: I think we can all agree that the Fighter Pass not only did good, but REALLY good. A lot of people, myself included, bought the full pass as soon as it went live without knowing who was even coming.

Now if that's how well the Fighter Pass sold when we didn't know who was coming, imagine what those sales were like when Banjo was revealed, when the whole goddamn internet exploded from the sheer excitement. Good quality standards and consoomer trust may sell products, but hype sells even more products, and they know it. And if that's the case, why not leave certain fan requested characters on the sidelines until then? I mean, if you gave everyone what they wanted right out the gate, there'd be nothing left to build hype and boost those sales, and believe me, Geno would be a seller for sure.

So to summarize, assuming he isn't coming any earlier, I think Geno may be being kept for an E3 2020 reveal to build up hype and help the next rounds of DLC sell better, because if people are hyped up they're more likely to buy your other stuff.

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Y'know, I do have a theory that may explain why Geno hasn't come back yet. When you line up the reveals thus far for Ultimate, you notice that the majority of the most significant characters that have been revealed for Ultimate, the most highly requested characters by fans, have been revealed at E3:

Ridley was revealed at E3 2018, easily one of the (no pun intended) biggest NEVEREVER characters out there. Hell, even Sakurai himself thought it wouldn't happen whilst still keeping true to who the character is. And yet it happened. Sakurai figured out a way to get that hulking son-of-a-gun in Smash while also staying true to who the character is, and it was glorious.

Hero was revealed at 2019, and while may not be the biggest request out there for most people, they're beyond a big deal for the japanese fans. Dragon Quest is a big deal over there, and before Smash Ultimate SquareEnix had NEVEREVER let anyone use their Dragon Quest protagonists for any game that wasn't a main series Dragon Quest game. Them getting in Smash is a veritable dream come true for them.

Banjo & Kazooie were heavily requested for a long time, but seen as too big of an ask. I mean, a western-owned character that hasn't been relevant to the larger gaming landscape since the early 2000s? That's NEVEREVER going to happen, they're NEVEREVER going to make it in Smash! And yet it happened. A single golden puzzle peice bouncing along the ground turned even the most cynical Binyots into children on Christmas Day opening that big beautiful box to find a shiny new N64 inside. The dream came true, Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash.

So with that in mind, think about E3 2020. Smash DLC is obviously going to continue for at least another 4-5 characters, or a whole year given how the Fighters Pass has turned out, with very obvious overlap with E3 2020, which they're ten million percent likely going to reveal a character at. Now based on what I've detailed above, what kind of character do you think would be revealed there? Well, based on the last two years it would have to be someone big, someone that gets people excited on the same level as a Banjo or Ridley. Well, I've said it before and I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face (or giant red Super Mario Sunshine-esque M), the only characters I think that would anywhere near as hype as someone like Banjo are Crash Bandicoot, Doom Slayer, and Geno, and out of those three I think Geno has the best shot, being widely considered a NEVEREVER character on the same level as K. Rool or Banjo.

And I know what some of you may be thinking: "Well, just because two or three very popular fan requests were met during the last two E3s, that doesn't mean we're definitely getting Geno at E3 2020.". Well, Mr. Hypothetical Cynical Retort Person, consider this from a cynical business perspective: I think we can all agree that the Fighter Pass not only did good, but REALLY good. A lot of people, myself included, bought the full pass as soon as it went live without knowing who was even coming.

Now if that's how well the Fighter Pass sold when we didn't know who was coming, imagine what those sales were like when Banjo was revealed, when the whole goddamn internet exploded from the sheer excitement. Good quality standards and consoomer trust may sell products, but hype sells even more products, and they know it. And if that's the case, why not leave certain fan requested characters on the sidelines until then? I mean, if you gave everyone what they wanted right out the gate, there'd be nothing left to build hype and boost those sales, and believe me, Geno would be a seller for sure.

So to summarize, assuming he isn't coming any earlier, I think Geno may be being kept for an E3 2020 reveal to build up hype and help the next rounds of DLC sell better, because if people are hyped up they're more likely to buy your other stuff.
No way that Geno is as big as Doomslayer and Crash Bandicoot, and lol at comparing him with K. Rool Banjo.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Yeah, E3 is saved for the big characters. Like Mii Fighter and Palutena then it was over they showed Pac-Man very late at night.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I dunno about you guys, but the exact moment the Geno costume wasn't shown was the moment I knew that he was coming, and that cacomallow leak is just the icing on the cake.
I've been saying this for months. As soon as Hero was released and didn't have the Geno costume, I've been 100% sure of his eventual inclusion. I don't care how many leaks there are/aren't. He's in.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I've been saying this for months. As soon as Hero was released and didn't have the Geno costume, I've been 100% sure of his eventual inclusion. I don't care how many leaks there are/aren't. He's in.
I was like 70% after Hero Presentation and 100% convinced after the Terry Presentation.
We gotta just wait positively... 2019 went very fast

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice

Major lingering rumors:

Welp, back to lurking...
Alright guys, it's Golden Sun Remake time (Also Waluigi as fighter 6 calling it now).

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Imagine being this passive aggresive once again.
Geno is cute
Imagine actually bring up events that happen in the past to shown that we shouldn't be having wild expectations.
It's like believing there would be a character reveal at the VGAs because Joker was there last year, or thinking there would be an announcement at EVO since they showed something off last year with a Direct announcement.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I've already check marked Geno on my confirmed characters list- it's permanent ink, it cannot be undone!

He's in. No way they wouldn't have included Geno's mii costume with Hero. It would've been easy quick money from a ported/slightly updated costume. Yet it was overlooked. That is waaay too suspicious, if anyone wants to shoot me down saying it was just a coincidence, that's fine, I respect that, however, it will not change my mind.

I have way too many "far stretch" theories for Geno, such as Terry's trailer stopping at the SNES first before the Neo Geo. Were they released in the same year? Sure. Was SMRPG on the SNES? Sure. Is this a stretch? Absolutely.

(speaking of, how come we don't have SMRPG on SNES online yet? It was on the SNES mini, come on! Genuine question, what's taking so long? :c)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom