• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about you guys, but the exact moment the Geno costume wasn't shown was the moment I knew that he was coming, and that cacomallow leak is just the icing on the cake.

For me its more so the mii list. Sure mallowdemon could be real but i feel like mii list is our biggest geno leak rn.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
love how you just avoided my point entirely and responded with an inflammatory analogy that doesn't exactly make any sense given your complete and total lack of knowledge of me since if you did know anything you'd know that while i'm sad that an xc2 rep isn't in, i'm happy that it got so many spirits and a damn detailed mii costume and it's far better than it just being ignored as a whole which is pretty much the only alternative given the situation xc2 had found itself in due to unfortunate release timings and also that my only issue with xc rep as a whole is the lacking song selection

bruh moment
I laugh so hard when you called the Rex Mii Costume "detailed," it looks like a bootleg that all the other bootleg toys make fun of. But glad to see your happy with your PNGs in this fighting where the main appeal is actually playing it. With this kind of mentality we're never going any of those characters playable because people are happy with their roles that's basically the equivalent of Ready Player One cameo. Hell, why should Sakurai even bother making more fighters when apparently people are happy with the characters just being PNGs and Mii Costume?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
JUST look at it this way. If the reveal is on January for a new direct then chances are, we may not only get FP5 but also a preview of what to expect after that. In other words, Fighter #6.

So, not too bad. We get more by waiting more, or at least that is what I think.

Anything that get us closer to a Geno reveal, come on.

:bowser:.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Warning Issued
All Wynn does in every thread is ***** and moan about the game. He really should just quit the forums lol

Griselda

Smash Lord
Wasn't there some sort of rumor going around that Nintendo already fully bought Geno at some point post-Sm4sh? Was there ever anything to point towards that being the case?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there some sort of rumor going around that Nintendo already fully bought Geno at some point post-Sm4sh? Was there ever anything to point towards that being the case?
Thats 100 precent not true. If that was the case we would have either gotten geno in base game or at least gotten more smrpg content in the game.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Warned for spam as it provided nothing to the ongoing discussion
All Wynn does in every thread is ***** and moan about the game. He really should just quit the forums lol
Maybe you should mind your own bloody business and stop caring about what one person thinks. What, do I need to tell you that I actually like majority of stuff in Smash Bros Ultimate? Would that make you feel better? Would that make you stop following me around and move on?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I heard about that too, is there a source to that claim?
I just recall seeing it brought up a few times in this thread, really.
Thats 100 precent not true. If that was the case we would have either gotten geno in base game or at least gotten more smrpg content in the game.
While it's more likely that more SMRPG content would've been present if Nintendo fully owned the rights, it's not really an absolute guarantee, considering they fully own plenty of characters and franchises that people want in Smash but have little to no representation anyway.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I think when people are starved for information, they start to overthink some things and start to worry about things.

Enter Geno's chances. I said this Sunday, but looking at the objective facts, Geno's chances are pretty darn great. I mean sure, you could subscribe to the mentality wynn has, but I think Sakurai including Banjo & Kazooie shatters any rule or any doubt you could have really (yes, that's an oversimplification somewhat, but I've already typed out a bunch regarding this subject before).

Also, I think ForsakenM's message to Sereneda was spot on. I think it is important to remember Geno's place in the grander scheme of things. Not to demean Geno (as I've prefaced by saying this before), but he IS super irrelevant and pretty niche. The great thing about Smash and Sakurai though is that he has created a roster that can facilitate such a discussion of older and/or more niche characters (like King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, etc.). I mean the fact that Geno (a character who has been in literally nothing for many many years) got a Mii costume is worth celebrating I feel (again, I'm NOT trying to belittle Geno, I'm just saying the facts and putting things into perspective). Truly, it really is a balance between fan picks and those legacy characters. I know some people think it should ALWAYS be top fan picks, but I don't think that is wise because it has been proven how much the Smash community can have tunnel vision and overlook a character's impact and cultural relevance (see Hero, Terry, etc.). As I've said before, Smash is Sakurai's baby. While it has been proven he cares about pleasing us, Smash is HIS vision. As such, Sakurai should have the freedom to add a character he wants without the Smash community badgering him (see Piranha Plant, Joker, etc.).

I want Geno in due to you guys, not due to personal attachment. But yeah, ForsakenM said it best with that Star Wars analogy: if you could choose Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, why would you choose Boba Fett? Sure, Boba Fett is popular and has a sizable fan support, but he is also a smaller character who hasn't had the huge cultural impact Luke and Vader have had (aka, Cloud & Hero vs. Geno). I do like Serenade, but people who have the reaction like he has been having are kind of ridiculous. Again, who cares that Geno wasn't originally planned? We don't live in the timeline where there was no more DLC. Thankfully, there IS more DLC. So, why worry about what wasn't rather than look forward?

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Maybe you should mind your own bloody business and stop caring about what one person thinks. What, do I need to tell you that I actually like majority of stuff in Smash Bros Ultimate? Would that make you feel better? Would that make you stop following me around and move on?
I could argue with you wynn, but I'm not gonna. I'm just gonna say...

To be fair, most if not all of your posts consist of telling people to calm down or you're talking about Sakurai not caring or you're complaining about roster choices. Actions speak louder than words. If you virtually make every post a complaint, you can't really expect people to think you like SSBU all too much. Now, of course, you CAN give criticism towards SSBU (the game obviously has flaws). But no matter how much you keep saying how much you mostly like SSBU, when all you ever do is mostly complain, it doesn't come off that you like or appreciate the game all too much.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I just don’t know why you have to be on every thread crying is all. Go make a complaints thread or some **** alright sweetie? Go calm down now.

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
Hey guys, somebody here knows the final meaning of the starling photo? Or it still a mystery?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey guys, somebody here knows the final meaning of the starling photo? Or it still a mystery?
Insiders and Fatmanonice know. Unfortunately, they can't disclose what it is yet. So discussion regarding it has fizzled out a while ago. Hopefully we'll know someday soon though!

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
..I've said this before, but while Geno obviously isn't on the same level as Mario and Luigi - or even Waluigi or Toad - he isn't really as obscure as people like to make him out to be. My mother is a teacher who has classes of young children, and several years back she told me that one of her students - just a random child - was doodling Geno in class and talking to himself about Geno's moves - and bear in mind that this was ages before the SNES Classic re-released SMRPG. Add to that the fact that doing a simple search online will turn up a lot of SMRPG fan art/comics/animations, and it'll start to become clear that Geno and SMRPG as a whole both have a pretty sizable fanbase, and that it only seems small compared to things like mainline Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc. because those things are cultural giants that defined the medium.

Honestly, it feels like those movies and TV shows where people go on and on about how 'ugly' someone supposedly is, and really they're average at worst.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Dude, I kind of have to back Crooner on this one: No one has to always agree with everything, otherwise this really WOULD be an echo chamber. Nobody is saying that you have to be in agreement at all times.

But literally all you ever do is whine or complain. I honestly don't know why you're even still in this thread; you're so down about Geno's chances that it seems like you only come here just to drag everyone else down with you and to spout "I told you so!". I'll be the first to admit I'm not immune to it, back during Banjo spec I was such a downer about his chances towards the end of things.

My point is dude, if this isn't make you happy, why do you keep coming back here? You've already decided that you think Geno has no hope, so why are you still here?

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
Insiders and Fatmanonice know. Unfortunately, they can't disclose what it is yet. So discussion regarding it has fizzled out a while ago. Hopefully we'll know someday soon though!

So it's something that hasn't been shown yet ... I see..

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
My point is dude, if this isn't make you happy, why do you keep coming back here? You've already decided that you think Geno has no hope, so why are you still here?
The age old question...
Many have asked (including me), but no one has found the answer...

So it's something that hasn't been shown yet ... I see..
Yessir, that is correct. Of course, many people have their theories on what it means, but ultimately, nothing is too concrete and people just stopped talking/openly wondering about it since Fatmanonice basically said he can't talk about it or answer any questions about it until he gets permission.

(Also, in case you didn't know, the image was shown before Terry was revealed, and last time I checked it was confirmed that the image had nothing to do with Terry.)

Last edited:

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
The age old question...
Many have asked (including me), but no one has found the answer...

Yessir, that is correct. Of course, many people have their theories on what it means, but ultimately, nothing is too concrete and people just stopped talking/openly wondering about it since Fatmanonice basically said he can't talked about it or answer any questions about it until he gets permission.

(Also, in case you didn't know, the image was shown before Terry was revealed, and last time I checked it was confirmed that the image had nothing to do with Terry.)
But, in any case, the image is not necessarily related to Smash. I mean can be anything right?

I think it may have turned out to not be for Smash.
I think the same...

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
But, in any case, the image is not necessarily related to Smash. I mean can be anything right?
I believe so. I forget whether or not Fatmanonice or anyone else confirmed the image was explicitly related to Smash, or if it was just a classic case of the Smash fanbase taking something unrelated to Smash and make it have meaning.

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
I believe so. I forget whether or not Fatmanonice or anyone else confirmed the image was explicitly related to Smash, or if it was just a classic case of the Smash fanbase taking something unrelated to Smash and make it have meaning.
I think is the second case, I can't remember neither Sabi or Fatmanonice saying "the image is related to Smash"

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Hey could we please not resort to taking potshots at others?

To be entirely honest this whole "hate bandwagon" for lack of a better term against wynn728 wynn728 is pretty overblown imo. From my point of view the guy's simply expressing his opinion. Nothing wrong with that, even if I don't necessarily agree with him.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hi everyone! I know I don't post too terribly often, but I lurk here like all the time lol.
Just thought yalld like some christmas geno art I made!

Keep on keepin' on gen-bros!!
This is awesome, Geno as the Nutcracker. I can just imagine him squaring off with Smithy as the Rat King.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
I dunno about you guys, but the exact moment the Geno costume wasn't shown was the moment I knew that he was coming, and that cacomallow leak is just the icing on the cake.
The Mii Costume not appearing yet doesn't means much, we can use that logic and say that Chocobo is also coming because its Costume still didn't come back.
And Geno's can still perfectly appear later, instead of adding back Jackie's and Akira's costumes alongside Joker, a Sega character, they came back alongside Terry, a SNK character, so Geno's Mii Costume can come back with another character.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
The Mii Costume not appearing yet doesn't means much, we can use that logic and say that Chocobo is also coming because its Costume still didn't come back.
And Geno's can still perfectly appear later, instead of adding back Jackie's and Akira's costumes alongside Joker, a Sega character, they came back alongside Terry, a SNK character, so Geno's Mii Costume can come back with another character.
Oh no we're not doing this again

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice If some of the smash 4 Mii costumes returned with music. Maybe a bit more expensive than normal costumes. Having Chocobo return with 2 new FF tracks would be a godsend. If the Cacodemon leak is real (and we only get the Geno costume with the Mallow hat) I hope we get a lot of tracks from SMRPG.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The truth about the starling:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1921#post-23706100

The whole thing was super frustrating. I wanted to tell people that even the NoA ambassador didn't know what it meant in the end but the rest of the group basically said it was too much of a black eye to admit that and, yes, there was very heated arguments about it because of all the drama that happened over it.

D

Deleted member

I laugh so hard when you called the Rex Mii Costume "detailed," it looks like a bootleg that all the other bootleg toys make fun of. But glad to see your happy with your PNGs in this fighting where the main appeal is actually playing it. With this kind of mentality we're never going any of those characters playable because people are happy with their roles that's basically the equivalent of Ready Player One cameo. Hell, why should Sakurai even bother making more fighters when apparently people are happy with the characters just being PNGs and Mii Costume?
i'm literally begging you to stop immediately taking anything somebody says and pushing it to an illogical extreme
is it so much to ask
so much to beg for

D

Deleted member

Oh no we're not doing this again
Ah just ignore him. The dude has nothing better to do than wanting to debate with people. Let him waste his time on a character thread that he doesn’t even like. Dunno why he’s not in the Sora thread or Gamefaqs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Ah just ignore him. The dude has nothing better to do than wanting to debate with people. Let him waste his time on a character thread that he doesn’t even like. Dunno why he’s not in the Sora thread or Gamefaqs.
You are telling me to go to the Sora thread because you consider all the Sora fans bad or like me? And Geno's fans complaints when people generalizes their fanbase...

D

Deleted member

You are telling me to go to the Sora thread because you consider all the Sora fans bad or like me? And Geno's fans complaints when people generalizes their fanbase...
Wow, when did I ever say all Sora fans are bad? MonkeyDLenny is a Sora fan and I don’t have a problem with that. Whether he’s a Geno supporter or not, does he come in and bash a character? No he does not.

Last edited by a moderator:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Ugh....

Stop.......

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Guys, don’t feed the troll. Set him to ignore and be done with it. Once he realizes he’s just talking to himself he will go away. Let’s not get the topic locked again. That’s pretty much Gamefaqs’s plan.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I think when people are starved for information, they start to overthink some things and start to worry about things.

Enter Geno's chances. I said this Sunday, but looking at the objective facts, Geno's chances are pretty darn great. I mean sure, you could subscribe to the mentality wynn has, but I think Sakurai including Banjo & Kazooie shatters any rule or any doubt you could have really (yes, that's an oversimplification somewhat, but I've already typed out a bunch regarding this subject before).

Also, I think ForsakenM's message to Sereneda was spot on. I think it is important to remember Geno's place in the grander scheme of things. Not to demean Geno (as I've prefaced by saying this before), but he IS super irrelevant and pretty niche. The great thing about Smash and Sakurai though is that he has created a roster that can facilitate such a discussion of older and/or more niche characters (like King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, etc.). I mean the fact that Geno (a character who has been in literally nothing for many many years) got a Mii costume is worth celebrating I feel (again, I'm NOT trying to belittle Geno, I'm just saying the facts and putting things into perspective). Truly, it really is a balance between fan picks and those legacy characters. I know some people think it should ALWAYS be top fan picks, but I don't think that is wise because it has been proven how much the Smash community can have tunnel vision and overlook a character's impact and cultural relevance (see Hero, Terry, etc.). As I've said before, Smash is Sakurai's baby. While it has been proven he cares about pleasing us, Smash is HIS vision. As such, Sakurai should have the freedom to add a character he wants without the Smash community badgering him (see Piranha Plant, Joker, etc.).

I want Geno in due to you guys, not due to personal attachment. But yeah, ForsakenM said it best with that Star Wars analogy: if you could choose Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, why would you choose Boba Fett? Sure, Boba Fett is popular and has a sizable fan support, but he is also a smaller character who hasn't had the huge cultural impact Luke and Vader have had (aka, Cloud & Hero vs. Geno). I do like Serenade, but people who have the reaction like he has been having are kind of ridiculous. Again, who cares that Geno wasn't originally planned? We don't live in the timeline where there was no more DLC. Thankfully, there IS more DLC. So, why worry about what wasn't rather than look forward?
Glad to see people on my side because the mods sure aren't. They warned me for that post. Apparently calling out people talking out there ass about Sakurai and telling them to stop being so entitled is a crime.

Dude, I kind of have to back Crooner on this one: No one has to always agree with everything, otherwise this really WOULD be an echo chamber. Nobody is saying that you have to be in agreement at all times.

But literally all you ever do is whine or complain. I honestly don't know why you're even still in this thread; you're so down about Geno's chances that it seems like you only come here just to drag everyone else down with you and to spout "I told you so!". I'll be the first to admit I'm not immune to it, back during Banjo spec I was such a downer about his chances towards the end of things.

I wouldn't agree with Crooner if I were you. He got banned for calling out Wynn. Might put you on the chopping block too by association.

This site blows hard.

Hey could we please not resort to taking potshots at others?

To be entirely honest this whole "hate bandwagon" for lack of a better term against wynn728 wynn728 is pretty overblown imo. From my point of view the guy's simply expressing his opinion. Nothing wrong with that, even if I don't necessarily agree with him.
There is a solid difference between expressing your opinion and ******** and moaning constantly while talking crap about Sakurai and being a general doomsayer.

He also spreads weak arguments and misinformation and when proven wrong or called out he acts like nothing happened and continues this dumb charade.

Imagine for a moment that you knew someone who swore up and down that 2 + 2 = 22 and no matter how much time you spent debunking them to their face to convince them that 2 + 2 = 4, they refused to change and the kept complaining about how everyone else was wrong and how it was all the teacher's fault and that the teacher hates the whole class.

Now imagine running into him every day and being forced to listen to him every day.

Ignore but is your friend guys. Once enough people just stop talking to him, maybe he will get a clue. Until then, just Ignore and move on.

Guys, don’t feed the troll. Set him to ignore and be done with it. Once he realizes he’s just talking to himself he will go away. Let’s not get the topic locked again. That’s pretty much Gamefaqs’s plan.
Honestly I couldn't care less anymore. If the thread gets locked again I'll just move exclusively to the Star Road Discord server which I'm basically at 90% anyway. You all should join too. Got some wacky folks but at least you don't have to deal with staff that punish good members and police speech.

Hope to see more of you there soon! If I'm not banned by this post I may drop a new addition to my theory on how I think Geno is coming sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom