• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Vault Boy or Master Chief would still be cool if Doom Guy didn't get in but an Elder Scrolls character just seems extremely boring to me. I've played Skyrim and I liked it enough but I would seriously be disappointed if Dragonborn was the Bethesda character. Geno wouldn't be affected by this at the very least but I would still be very sad.

Also, **** Todd Howard. Doesn't deserve respect after what he pulled with Fallout 76.
This insult is four times the size and has sixteen times the details of other shots fired at people.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Alright, I'm going to be putting these in spoilers due to stretching the hell out of the page, but my Krabs Countdown project is FINISHED!

Thanks to everyone for putting up with this silly little project of mine, it helped keep me sane during the wait up to the Game Awards. We may or may not even get a reveal tonight, but I'm happy to be in this with the rest of you!
****ing beautiful, I liked every single one of them. Thank you for these my dude! If nothing else, these made the wait for the the GAs a little more bearable, haha.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
This insult is four times the size and has sixteen times the details of other shots fired at people.
I know I probably shouldn't have been this blunt but when someone like Todd has gained a large amount of fame from the games he worked on and decided to use that fame to try to get away with Fallout 76, that person just lost all the respect I had for him. I'm not even a huge fan of Fallout but it's still scummy regardless.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm going to be putting these in spoilers due to stretching the hell out of the page, but my Krabs Countdown project is FINISHED!

Thanks to everyone for putting up with this silly little project of mine, it helped keep me sane during the wait up to the Game Awards. We may or may not even get a reveal tonight, but I'm happy to be in this with the rest of you!
These were amazing! Thank you for the wonderful images!
GenoHappyHop.png

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Story time, because it's fun! A "what if" scenario.

It's near the end of TGA, the GOTY is close to being announced. Geoff says there's an announcement. Cut to black screen.
Music plays.
"Oh, a Doom Eternal trailer? Weird. Why'd they say it was a world premiere?"
Doomguy shows up, running through hell (as one does) and punching demons. (as one does)
But wait, that's not the Doom Eternal render of Doomguy...
Suddenly, Doomguy punches something squishy. Goomba stomp sound effect plays.
Bowser is mad, he's gonna fight Doomguy for beating up his Goomba minion.
DOOM SLAYER
GETS REVENGE
>No gameplay shown.
Everyone is hype, especially Geno fans, because Cacomallow feels realer than ever. A Nintendo Direct is announced a week later.
Smash Segment of the Direct. Sakurai shows off Doomguy and talks about him for like 10 minutes. "And now for the Mii costumes!"
The Cacodemon hat, exactly from the leak, is real. Plus some other Bethesda costumes, Dragonborn Helmet, etc.
"And now, we'd like to show some more mii costumes. These ones won't be releasing with Doom Slayer, but we'd like to show them to you now regardless."
MALLOW HAT. SMITHY COSTUME. GENO IS INBOUND.
Geno Mii costume. Exactly as it was in Smash 4.
Everyone deflates.
"Wait, hold on a second, that's not right... this is from Smash for Wii U. Here's what it will look like in Smash Ultimate..."
Very slow reveal, starting from bottom to top of Geno... wait a minute, that's not the Mii Gunner idle animation.....
GENO
GRANTS YOUR WISH

Geno and Doom Slayer release 12/21.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
How would team "Genoslayer" feel if instead of Doomslayer we got the Dragonborn? He's someone I've in the past mulled over but I kind of forgot about until now

Think it'd still be good for us?

View attachment 252332

I'd be ecstatic if Dragonborn got in, an Elder Scrolls rep is one of my most wanted newcomers! And he's got a lot going for him that people seem to ignore. He'd honestly be a fantastic TGA reveal and even with Bethesda's reputation right now I think it'd make a lot of people happy!

grizby2

Smash Lord
hey yall. with the game awards coming up soon, ive decided to stay away from possible spoilers. speculation Is extra weird this time around, so I wanna be extra surprised for the reveal (assuming there is one lol). hell maybe sly cooper will be the second thief to snag an invite. heh... so i'll see you guys after or during the show. cheers!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
hey yall. with the game awards coming up soon, ive decided to stay away from possible spoilers. speculation Is extra weird this time around, so I wanna be extra surprised for the reveal (assuming there is one lol). hell maybe sly cooper will be the second thief to snag an invite. heh... so i'll see you guys after or during the show. cheers!
I don't know who you are, but same!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Finally all caught up reading!

I just wanted to say that there is no guarantee Fighter #5 will be revealed tomorrow. Now, I definitely feel like they probably will be, but as I said yesterday... Nintendo are the kings of left field. Because Fighter #5 being revealed is so expected, Nintendo could purposefully subvert expectations.

Now I don't want to tell people to "hype responsibly" (since I know that statement ruffles some people's feathers), but I will say that you really shouldn't be short-fused and riot if Fighter #5 isn't revealed tomorrow. I know, speculation has been an absolutely confusing conundrum (I've been here experiencing it), but let's not be immature if Fighter #5 isn't revealed. I just wanted to remind people of this because even if things line up for a reveal, NOTHING is ever guaranteed (us Smash speculators should know this by now).

While I definitely want the curtain on Fighter #5 to be lifted, I am also anxious to see what Awards Smash will win! I hope people will be going into the awards hopefully for some victories for Sakurai! I don't normally care about these sort of award events, but Sakurai deserves all of the praise and recognition he gets!

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Look away if you don't want spoilers, because HOLY **** GUYS.

Sakurai is my uncle and he just gave me a real leak! Doomguy and Geno are in!!1!11!

geno and doomguy real leak.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Story time, because it's fun! A "what if" scenario.

It's near the end of TGA, the GOTY is close to being announced. Geoff says there's an announcement. Cut to black screen.
Music plays.
"Oh, a Doom Eternal trailer? Weird. Why'd they say it was a world premiere?"
Doomguy shows up, running through hell (as one does) and punching demons. (as one does)
But wait, that's not the Doom Eternal render of Doomguy...
Suddenly, Doomguy punches something squishy. Goomba stomp sound effect plays.
Bowser is mad, he's gonna fight Doomguy for beating up his Goomba minion.
DOOM SLAYER
GETS REVENGE
>No gameplay shown.
Everyone is hype, especially Geno fans, because Cacomallow feels realer than ever. A Nintendo Direct is announced a week later.
Smash Segment of the Direct. Sakurai shows off Doomguy and talks about him for like 10 minutes. "And now for the Mii costumes!"
The Cacodemon hat, exactly from the leak, is real. Plus some other Bethesda costumes, Dragonborn Helmet, etc.
"And now, we'd like to show some more mii costumes. These ones won't be releasing with Doom Slayer, but we'd like to show them to you now regardless."
MALLOW HAT. SMITHY COSTUME. GENO IS INBOUND.
Geno Mii costume. Exactly as it was in Smash 4.
Everyone deflates.
"Wait, hold on a second, that's not right... this is from Smash for Wii U. Here's what it will look like in Smash Ultimate..."
Very slow reveal, starting from bottom to top of Geno... wait a minute, that's not the Mii Gunner idle animation.....
GENO
GRANTS YOUR WISH

Geno and Doom Slayer release 12/21.
The hype would be out of this world.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Unfortunately I might be not be able to see it tomorrow since I have work.

Maybe during break time I might be able to get some glimpses of the show here and there but that's it.

BTW, in advance, we may or may not get an announcement for Smash but considering that Smash has three nominations for awards, it gives the game so much attention that something could be up.

If we do get a Smash announcement, my expectation is a curve ball reveal of a character people thought of but didn't thought possible like Ryu or Travis or Okami or someone similar.

And on my heart, of course, I will be rooting for Doom Slayer (for the CacoMallow leak. Not sure if real but in the event it is, then it could be alluded to it if we get something Doom related).

Anyway, crossing my fingers as always.

Let's brace for the possible and wish the best~

:bowser::starman:.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna know FP5 to end the nightmare that has been speculation for the last 4 weeks or so. As long as Geno isn't deconfirmed any reveal will be cool to see.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Oh my god, don't get the Quote fans hopes up

OH MY LORD, please don't get my hopes up. Nobody in this thread knows how much it'd mean to me if Quote got in, I love Cave Story so much.. omg.
(Very sorry this isn't Geno related, this is just getting me so hyped and ready for disappointed :'))

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How would team "Genoslayer" feel if instead of Doomslayer we got the Dragonborn? He's someone I've in the past mulled over but I kind of forgot about until now

View attachment 252332
It's interesting food for thought. Dragon Born would definitely fit the Mii costume theming better if Power of Six Theory is to believed. As a recap, the current MIA costumes are Geno, Chocobo, Heihachi, Gil, Lloyd, Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Megaman EXE, and Megaman X. Now, it's hard assumed that Geno and Chocobo were originally planned for Hero and Heihachi was planned for Terry so we can put them in the vault. That leaves Lloyd, Gil, both Monster Hunter costumes, and both Megaman costumes. What are common themes here? Two are Namco, four are Capcom, four have swords, and three have heavy armor. Kind of like I proposed for Nightmare, swords and heavy armor are strong themes and the Megaman costumes are very out of place so we can assume they're being saved for later.

Each pack has come back with two Smash 4 costumes so it suggests that, based on past patterns, it would be Gil and Lloyd or both Monster Hunter costumes. It should be noted that, so far, all the returning Mii costumes have come back with their respective series. Joker came with two Sonic characters, Banjo came with two Megaman characters, and Terry came with both Virtua Fighter characters. Based on this established pattern, it suggests that #5 would come back with both Monster Hunter costumes. Fun stuff.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
So a modder gotten his KOS-MOS mod taken down by Nintendo and some people are freaking out over in the KOS-MOS thread right now. Here is the Twitter link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1205029531624431618

What do you guys think about this?
I'm thinking that's a wrap to be honest. It's not like KOS-MOS would go against things like the costume theory, in fact she fits perfectly also. Assuming she's gonna come with Gil (a Namco costume) and the Mega Man ones (more gun robots)
Lord knows where the Monster Hunter costumes went though. (although my personal guess would be that they were initially with Banjo over one of the other Mega Man costumes, probably Proto Man)

Which would mean Lloyd, Heihachi and of course Geno are still MIA which is A-OK with me.

EDIT: Although they could include either Lloyd or Heihachi here to fill the void.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

Me after watching Kos-mos or Sora be confirmed as FN5 instead of Geno,Nightmare or Doomguy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still not sure about a Smash announcement tonight because it seems like it would be a bit... much. In light of certain other rumors, throwing Smash on top of everything would seem like overkill. Granted, the VGAs has turned into this big thing and Nintendo probably does want to outdo itself but I feel like, if multiple rumors came true, it would be Nintendo flexing so damn hard that nobody in the room would be able to breath. The question remains: is Nintendo THAT crazy? I guess we'll find out.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Still not sure about a Smash announcement tonight because it seems like it would be a bit... much. In light of certain other rumors, throwing Smash on top of everything would seem like overkill. Granted, the VGAs has turned into this big thing and Nintendo probably does want to outdo itself but I feel like, if multiple rumors came true, it would be Nintendo flexing so damn hard that nobody in the room would be able to breath. The question remains: is Nintendo THAT crazy? I guess we'll find out.
Nintendo DID reveal Banjo & Kazooie and Breath of the Wild 2 back to back so there is some precedent for madness

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I tell you what, if there ISN'T a smash reveal, they better announce a direct real ****ing quick.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo DID reveal Banjo & Kazooie and Breath of the Wild 2 back to back so there is some precedent for madness
Yeah, I've considered that. Not sure if Nintendo's plan is to ****ing annihilate the competition again or blend in. If Nintendo's is just to roast ass, yeah, I could see a Smash reveal but other companies are going to be pissed if Nintendo does what I think they're going to do.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

View attachment 252332
I would be down for Dragonborn. I gave him a 80% want score because I love Skyrim, I love the music and atmosphere of the game which would be translated very well into Smash I feel, and The Elder Scrolls is a huge series that helped popularized open world games so it deserves recognition in Smash. I prefer to get Doom Slayer as he would have a sick moveset and I want the badass Doom music in Smash so much. But I would not be mad if Dragonborn was our Bethesda rep.

Edit: And also, there is an argument to be made for Dragonborn to get in instead because while FPS games aren't that popular in Japan, action RPGs like Skyrim are. Apparently Skyrim sold quite well in Japan and got steller reviews, even becoming the first Western game to get a perfect score in Famitsu: https://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-first-western-game-receive-perfect-score-famitsu/

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Well, its the end of the generation for Sony and Microsoft. Xbox Two and PS5 are gonna be revealed and released next year. Meanwhile, the Switch is in the middle of its prime so to speak. I would hope Nintendo has more to show over consoles that are in hospice.

Plank08

Smash Lord
In an attempt to get back on topic.

With CacoMallow still standing strongly in our favor, what's our plan of thanking Sakurai if our boy gets in?

View attachment 252182
I have a great idea that the Mayo server did one time

We should get all of our profile pictures of easy much geno fans as we can and form it into the shape of a geno hat, then have a thank you message on the side

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I'm not believing in Kos-Mos getting into Smash Bros because of the lesson my teacher taught me.
2ea128dd-8888-46ec-aad8-9e598a290d68.gif

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I guess I can share that the chances of Waluigi being 5 at this point are microscopic so hopefully nobody's too bummed out about that prospect.
Eh, I wasn’t really expecting Waluigi as #5 anyway, seeing as everyone in the Fighter’s Pass comes with a stage, music tracks, and spirits, and I’m not sure what Waluigi would bring with two of those. As long as Waluigi still has a chance for post pass.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So a modder gotten his KOS-MOS mod taken down by Nintendo and some people are freaking out over in the KOS-MOS thread right now. Here is the Twitter link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1205029531624431618

What do you guys think about this?
So what, Nintendo won't take down the Cacodemon & Mallow Mii Costume video because that would lead people to believe that it's real and that Geno & Doomguy are coming, but they would gladly take down a mod for a character that that might be revealed tonight? That's a very inconsistent mindset of handling leaks

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've considered that. Not sure if Nintendo's plan is to ****ing annihilate the competition again or blend in. If Nintendo's is just to roast ass, yeah, I could see a Smash reveal but other companies are going to be pissed if Nintendo does what I think they're going to do.
Why not just share your prediction? You aren't leaking anything, so why not just share your thoughts to add to the melting pot of ideas that we can postulate over before the VGA?

I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say since you're hyping it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom