• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here comes "O" theory!

jOker
herO
banjO
terry bOgard
genO(?)
:mybodyisreggie:
crash bandicOOt

I believe the O theory!
As well as belt theory!
Joker: wears a belt
Hero: wears a belt
Banjo: wears a belt
Terry: wears a belt
Crash: wears a belt

I've cracked the code!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
The latter render is from Nibroc-Rock.

As for Geno's design, I really like the latter of the two. Smashified Geno feels... I dunno. He feels awfully dull and understated, even terribly bland. His thousand yard stare is just odd, too. I dunno, I never got why people were so into that render because it always rubbed me the wrong way. Nibroc's is more on point to what I'd expect, and his proportions more match his appearance in SMRPG. Either an in-between or something like Nibroc's would look great, I feel.
Ay, thank you!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think the main issue is the pose and the facial expression. The general look of the Smashified one is fine, but he's just standing there menacingly! all lifeless, as if he's literally just a puppet made to stand up and nothing else, while Nibroc's take has a more dynamic pose and expression, like he's readying himself for a fight. Another thing with the two is that Smashified's is lankier while Nibroc's is stubbier, more akin to SMRPG like you said. I'm kinda fine with either in that regard which is why I agree that an in-between would be pretty sweet.

Nibroc's render has the better proportions (the mid-section seems better on Smashified's however), though Smashified's render's details on the hat, shoes and the cape's collar are closer and nicer (though the string keeping the cape around Geno looks nicer in Nicroc's render)...
Yeah, I agree.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
crash bandicOOt

I believe the O theory!
As well as belt theory!

I've cracked the code!
Hmm I think you're close but Crash is a bit of a stretch. Geno could literally make himself into a wooden belt so he makes more sense:4pacman:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
crash bandicOOt

I believe the O theory!
As well as belt theory!

I've cracked the code!
Good lord why do they ALL wear belts?

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
So I woke up at 4AM to watch TGA only to realize that it happens tomorrow :^) Here comes the circus music

D

Deleted member

Night boys and girls.

This crazy ride ether ends or continues after tommorow let's hope it's the first option.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Earlier I posed that since Sabi's source hasn't budged on the name even when they're sure that the source would spill it if they got it right; then it isn't KOS-MOS

Someone else asked them that, this is the response

There was a problem fetching the tweet

MisterMike

Smash Champion
crash bandicOOt

I believe the O theory!
As well as belt theory!

I've cracked the code!
Idiots, the lot of you! Considering lowly theorems such as "O Theory" and "Belt Theory" and not the superior theory I myself subscribe to: I Don't Mind Theory!
Joker: I don't mind him.
Hero: I don't mind them.
Banjo: I don't mind them.
Terry: I don't mind him.
The Sweet Embrace of Death: I don't mind it.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Idiots, the lot of you! Considering lowly theorems such as "O Theory" and "Belt Theory" and not the superior theory I myself subscribe to: I Don't Mind Theory!
Joker: I don't mind him.
Hero: I don't mind them.
Banjo: I don't mind them.
Terry: I don't mind him.
The Sweet Embrace of Death: I don't mind it.
How about this: death is inevitable just like Geno in Smash.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.
C’mon dude, the obscurity argument is not a good look. I mean, take a look at who’s thread you’re in. Geno is a one-off character that has only appeared in one game (2 with the Superstar Saga cameo) over 20 years ago.

He might be a really cool character, but he’s no “legend” like you suggest. Can’t really use the fact that KOS-MOS is only in 1-2 games as a point against her when that’s exactly how many Geno has appeared in. There are better ways to argue for a character and debate merits.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I work all day tomorrow, damn shame indeed. I'm excited just for the possibility of any Smash news, honestly. Feels like ages since Terry came out and so I'll be at full chub thinking about a character reveal. All love Genopolis. Good luck and good night.
We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.
Terry is a bonafide legend man his legacy is quite extensive and while he may not be a staple of Pop Culture like many VG characters he's the source material for many of those who are. Also Persona is pretty legendary in it's own right but I see where you're coming from.

Ight, peace. :ness:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hypothetical question for y'all: What if we are indeed getting Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo costumes? If that Mii leak is real (not Cacomallow, still feel it kinda smells), would you feel Geno's chances are better as a fighter or a costume? I dunno, I just feel like getting those three with Geno as a fighter makes more sense. Putting ALL of that with another Square rep just kinda... overshadows anything that Square rep would have (strictly in terms of costume potential) by inundating the Mii pack with a load of SMRPG and a tiny dash of Chocobo. I really feel like Geno will make it if those costumes are legitimately coming.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace

We wouldn’t have Smash without Terry’s series, and Joker is basically the closest thing we can get to a “Playstation rep” when neither Activision or Sony are involved, while also being from a franchise and company with a long, storied Nintendo history. Both are legends in their own right, though Joker more represents a legendary company rather than specifically being one himself.

KOS-MOS, however, is many times more obscure than either, so I’d heavily doubt she’s anywhere close to #5.

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity, could someone succinctly sum up what we know about the Cacomallow leak? I know no one has come forward and claimed credit, and that people have supposedly been able to replicate aspects of it. As someone not familiar with the modding community at all, how difficult is something like that to do? I guess what I’m struggling with is that with Grinch, it was just a piece of paper. But because there was a video with the costumes, I’m not quite grasping how that’s “fakeable.” Could someone ELI5 for me? Haha

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetical question for y'all: What if we are indeed getting Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo costumes? If that Mii leak is real (not Cacomallow, still feel it kinda smells), would you feel Geno's chances are better as a fighter or a costume? I dunno, I just feel like getting those three with Geno as a fighter makes more sense. Putting ALL of that with another Square rep just kinda... overshadows anything that Square rep would have (strictly in terms of costume potential) by inundating the Mii pack with a load of SMRPG and a tiny dash of Chocobo. I really feel like Geno will make it if those costumes are legitimately coming.

He would be fighter for sure. I feel like they would not waste 4 mii slots for smrpg miis and chocabo for a random square character when they could just bring back the geno mii and chocabo with new miis. It does not make a lot of sense

Just out of curiosity, could someone succinctly sum up what we know about the Cacomallow leak? I know no one has come forward and claimed credit, and that people have supposedly been able to replicate aspects of it. As someone not familiar with the modding community at all, how difficult is something like that to do? I guess what I’m struggling with is that with Grinch, it was just a piece of paper. But because there was a video with the costumes, I’m not quite grasping how that’s “fakeable.” Could someone ELI5 for me? Haha

It has been proven that mii hats can be modded but there no were neer as good quality in as the ones in the mii leak. Also a guy who got a mii working in the game actully said if you increase the textures too much it could crash the game. So thats a potential point for this leak.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
If we get all of those costumes, then it'd undoubtedly be better chances as a fighter. So far, we haven't gotten three consecutive costumes from one singluar game not repped by a fighter yet. (We got Joker and Hero and got four Persona Mii Costumes and four DQ Mii Costumes, Mega Man and Mega Man X count as separate games and even then that was two, and the most was Virtua Fighter and Sonic so far with two each but all four of those costumes came back from Smash 4). I can't see us getting a Geno, Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo costume with another Square rep that isn't Geno, especially since there'd be little to no room for Mii Costumes to rep that series.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I don't know about you my friends but i feel like it's a little too late for bringing his Mii Costume back and giving us a costume as a consolation prize instead of the real deal not once but twice would be the biggest middle finger they could pull on us

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
C’mon dude, the obscurity argument is not a good look. I mean, take a look at who’s thread you’re in. Geno is a one-off character that has only appeared in one game (2 with the Superstar Saga cameo) over 20 years ago.

He might be a really cool character, but he’s no “legend” like you suggest. Can’t really use the fact that KOS-MOS is only in 1-2 games as a point against her when that’s exactly how many Geno has appeared in. There are better ways to argue for a character and debate merits.
This is true, but Geno has something that KOS-MOS(and most other characters) does not, and that is a decade+ of fan demand. You can't really compare the two. So if KOS-MOS is indeed the 5th fighter(which was originally going to be the last), it would be another disappointing Bayonetta situation in my opinion.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So I've been thinking about things. I'm not sure exactly what to trust. I know Sabi's sources are pretty reliable, but after seeing what happened with Verge, I fear that there is a possibility that Sabi's sources fell for leak bait too. With that said, I'm going back on me saying it's going to be Kratos being announced at the Game Awards. Honestly there is so many characters that are possible to happen. And some of them have strong points leading to them possibly being the next fighters. With that said, here are my top 3 most likely FP5 characters
  • Doom Slayer (Cacomallow leak is still alive and I'm going to say again that I don't think company repeats are likely for FP5 so Doom Slayer is more likely than Geno for FP5. Plus Geno seems to be more likely for the post-pass characters if we are going by the theory of pos-pass characters being more fan-servicy)
  • Arle Nadja (Daisy Theory (female with orange hair); Puyo Puyo being more pushed in the West; female character for the pass; fits with the Smash theme of final character being a wacky left field pick)
  • Bamco character like Lloyd, Nightmare or Tekken (Lloyd is heavily requested; fits with "Thank You" Theory; Bandai Namco overdue for a new character plus missing Mii costumes; new logo for Tales of that could be for Smash)
  • Honorable mentions:
    • Master Chief (Insider claiming Master Chief Collection could still be right. He said there was going to be an announcement yesterday, but Fatman said he is a little off with his info sometimes.)
    • Crash Bandicoot (Heavily requested character; well known in East and West; fits Color Theory)
At this point, I'm kind of done trying to figure out who FP5 could be. We just have to wait a little under 24 hours. If it turns out there is no Smash announcement tomorrow, I will lmao and then break down because I'm so dang curious and I'm getting very impatient.

Ender1645

Smash Cadet
So I've been thinking about things. I'm not sure exactly what to trust. I know Sabi's sources are pretty reliable, but after seeing what happened with Verge, I fear that there is a possibility that Sabi's sources fell for leak bait too. With that said, I'm going back on me saying it's going to be Kratos being announced at the Game Awards. Honestly there is so many characters that are possible to happen. And some of them have strong points leading to them possibly being the next fighters. With that said, here are my top 3 most likely FP5 characters
  • Doom Slayer (Cacomallow leak is still alive and I'm going to say again that I don't think company repeats are likely for FP5 so Doom Slayer is more likely than Geno for FP5. Plus Geno seems to be more likely for the post-pass characters if we are going by the theory of pos-pass characters being more fan-servicy)
  • Arle Nadja (Daisy Theory (female with orange hair); Puyo Puyo being more pushed in the West; female character for the pass; fits with the Smash theme of final character being a wacky left field pick)
  • Bamco character like Lloyd, Nightmare or Tekken (Lloyd is heavily requested; fits with "Thank You" Theory; Bandai Namco overdue for a new character plus missing Mii costumes; new logo for Tales of that could be for Smash)
  • Honorable mentions:
    • Master Chief (Insider claiming Master Chief Collection could still be right. He said there was going to be an announcement yesterday, but Fatman said he is a little off with his info sometimes.)
    • Crash Bandicoot (Heavily requested character; well known in East and West; fits Color Theory)
At this point, I'm kind of done trying to figure out who FP5 could be. We just have to wait a little under 24 hours. If it turns out there is no Smash announcement tomorrow, I will lmao and then break down because I'm so dang curious and I'm getting very impatient.
BTW Doomslayer also fits Daisy theory for his pet rabbit Daisy.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
This is true, but Geno has something that KOS-MOS(and most other characters) does not, and that is a decade+ of fan demand. You can't really compare the two. So if KOS-MOS is indeed the 5th fighter(which was originally going to be the last), it would be another disappointing Bayonetta situation in my opinion.
Yeah, you’re absolutely correct about how Geno has had fan demand for so long. It would be disappointing if he never got in. But it does make me wonder about obscurity outside of the Smash bubble. Who would be more recognizable? Characters like Geno and Isaac are highly requested, but are they more popular in general with outside audiences? Just something I think about and have zero clue for the answer.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Yeah, you’re absolutely correct about how Geno has had fan demand for so long. It would be disappointing if he never got in. But it does make me wonder about obscurity outside of the Smash bubble. Who would be more recognizable? Characters like Geno and Isaac are highly requested, but are they more popular in general with outside audiences? Just something I think about and have zero clue for the answer.
I'm sure people would be down for characters like Geno , Boshi or even Booster to appear in other games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, and etc so there's that:239:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As catsforlife1 catsforlife1 has pointed out, someone has been able to mod in a hat, and from his experience the hardest thing to account for was the texture. According to him, the game will crash if the compression size is too high, and compressing the texture did exactly that, so he had to posterize it. What this means is that making a hat at the quality of what we see in the CacoMallow post is pretty difficult, but not impossible. Honestly though, I think getting the Mallow hat to work right may just be significantly easier than getting the Cacodemon hat to properly encircle the Mii's face.

Below is a comparison I've compiled. The one on the left is the CacoMallow post, the middle is a recreation made in blender, and the right is a recreation made to run in-game.
CacodemonHatComparison.png

D

Deleted member

If it is KOS-MOS, I guess I'd be okay with it. I'm kinda apathetic towards her, but that scene where she's blowing up that fleet looked cool. She definitely seems like that "swiss army knife" character Geno would be.

Though I'm doubting her at this point. Tomorrow's gonna be a fun day, I can tell.

Plot twist: Daisy the rabbit gets in and Doomslayer shows up in her taunts
I know you're joking, but I would unironically love if Daisy appeared in one of Doomguy's taunts. Maybe even his victory animation, that'd be amazing.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I know you're joking, but I would unironically love if Daisy appeared in one of Doomguy's taunts. Maybe even his victory animation, that'd be amazing.
Dude that would make me so happy. Like if Smash went all in on the “psycho rage monster who loves to cuddle his bunny” interpretation of Doomguy it would just be the greatest thing.

Well okay the greatest thing would be a Doomguy/Geno double reveal where they’re bros but it’d be another great thing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Sabi is referring to Vergeben's original list of disconfirmed characters before he corrected himself, it can't be KOS-MOS if we treat what they're saying as true, as Namco isn't on that list.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Major odds that Nintendo wouldn't goof it again, but has anyone recently checked that UK site that leaked the SNK trademark to see if something slipped for character 5?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Okay to the few people who think that GameXplain predicting Kos-Mos is a factor of her getting in (know that I show this as a person who really wanted her before knowing Smash Bros was called Ultimate)

There were three Xenosaga games staring Kos-Mos which started the whole Xeno saga that eventually lead to Xenoblade which (miraculously) turned into one of Nintendo's powerhouse JRPG.
She also appeared in Namco × Capcom, Endless Frontier, Tales of Heart, Soulcalibur 3, Project X Zone 1 & 2, Xenoblade 2, and had a costume in Tales of Vesperia. Regardless to say she appeared a lot.

QQS

Smash Lord
My confidence is 100% as day one. I don’t think they are waiting for a next Direct or E3 2020. This is the time we have all been waiting for. The Game Awards is the perfect time to announce #75 and #76. I’m pretty sure Geno is one of them. I’m just waiting for the reference, the “Jiggy Moment” (the moment you know it’s him, but you wanna see his face to make sure, just like the jiggy in Banjo’s reveal). Probably this time some stars, forest, puppets of Mario and his friends, arrows from the sky or a mixed world with Kirby and Rosalina. Just waiting for that music to sound again, after almost 24 years...

This will be the most waited moment since E3 in the Smash arena. My faith in Geno playable is intact. Moreover seeing all the “back to basics” and dreams coming true in this Smash.

Just wait and see, Geno is in!
BCF2ECE9-F5D7-49D6-9547-90957B5BD63D.jpeg

(Credits to the creator of the photo-Art).

Can you imagine the amount of people that will be satisfied with Geno playable? The old schools like me (played Mario RPG in 1996 and I’m 29 right now) and the new ones. And all the people that have made fan arts, music, videos and the 2.000 pages in this forum. It’s insane.

I think it’s the most requested, beloved and the one who fits better right now. It will close a long chapter.

Best wishes from Chile!

QQS

Smash Lord
It would be great also maybe if they make the Real Spirit (The Star) dispossessing that body in World of Light and possessing the Real Geno Doll now. Geno awaken on the background.
Then the “Geno joins the battle” and then the first seconds of gameplay with a Remix of Forest Maze in a more powerful version. Pretty sure it’s happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom