• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I kinda hope youre wrong on this one honestly. Vaultboy or Dovakhin would just feel really weird to me (although I’d probably play Dovakhin if he got an Argonian alt) and Doomguy as a mii would be a bad sign for Geno imo.
The good news is that I'm 99.99% sure that we won't see Vaultboy or Dovakhin as DLC. Vaultboy is a 2D mascot for a fictional corporation within the Fallout universe. The combination of obscurity and lack of pre-existing moveset potential seems like a pretty solid no to me. As for Dovakhin, maaaayyybeee, but I'm not sure how much stock Sakurai would put in a realistic human swordfighter as opposed to a gunner of arguably higher relevance and uniqueness. I know relevance isn't much of an argument anymore, but that aside, the current DLC pass is noticeably lacking a gunner character which would fit nicely with KOS-MOS or Doomguy. Combine that with the timeliness of Doom Eternal, I just don't see Dovakhin taking precedence.

D

Deleted member

I kinda hope youre wrong on this one honestly. Vaultboy or Dovakhin would just feel really weird to me (although I’d probably play Dovakhin if he got an Argonian alt) and Doomguy as a mii would be a bad sign for Geno imo.
Doom Guy is such a perfect Gunner, though. Geno, though? Should have never been a costume in the first place, obviously.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
aside from the Cacomallow leak, what other substantial evidence do we really have in favor of Geno?
Why do people keep ignoring the music takedowns is besides me. Between the music and cacomallow leak it tells us that Geno is either an upgraded costume at worst and a new character at best.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Here comes "O" theory!

jOker
herO
banjO
terry bOgard
genO(?)
:mybodyisreggie:
This reminds me that for a long time I thought it was sacred that every main Pokemon region would have at least one O in its name.

kantO
jOhtO
hOenn
sinnOh
unOva
kalOs
alOla
galar

Galar truly is an Arceus-less land.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Why do people keep ignoring the music takedowns is besides me. Between the music and cacomallow leak it tells us that Geno is either an upgraded costume at worst and a new character at best.
I wouldn't even say that's the most solid thing he has. What I think is... is the timing of the DLC and Hero's Mii costume set. I'd think if Geno wasn't going to be in or wasn't at least still being considered, that costume would have dropped with Hero. How interesting that, according to Imran Khan, the DLC was penned in by Hero's and B-K's presentations... wherein we see that Geno's outfit did not return with the former as we'd anticipated.

I'd say the logic of timing is what has me very curious, indeed.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I might get lynched for this, but I'm calling fake on Cacomallow.

Yeah, we know people can make weaker mods in Ultimate for Mii costumes, and we know that they can't do high-quality texturing without many issues, but... remember that this is the Smash fandom. People can and will go to extreme lengths to pull the wool over people's eyes. It happened with Grinch, and it can easily happen again with a convincing mod.
I understand your hesitation to believe, but I wouldn't compare CacoMallow to the Grinch

What people seem to forget about the Grinch is that it wasn't a multi-layered game of 4D chess, it was a simple drawing. Where it got complicated was that just by sheer chance a lot of little coincidences happened to form a perfect storm: The Smash website just happened to have a tear in the illustration where Issac should have been, the Wendy's video just happened to leak an item that looked eerily similar to an item in Golden Sun that grows vine ladders, and they just happened to add ladder attacks as an in-game function... things like that

CacoMallow is a little meatier than that, it honestly reminds me of the ESRB leak a little bit

Firox

Smash Master
Some people try to discredit the music takedowns because of their seemingly haphazard nature. Certain Youtuber get hit by Nintendo while others manage to keep the exact same songs up. If Nintendo hit ALL the Youtubers playing "Beware the forest mushrooms" there'd be no doubt in my mind, but that wasn't the case, hence why I'm not sure how solid of evidence the music takedowns are. Don't get me wrong, I agree that Geno's likely going to be playable or an upgraded costume at least, and I still think the music is a positive sign for Geno, but it's no where near the same as the SNK slip/takedown on the official Nintendo site.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've got a bad feeling about Kos-Mos. A lot of people are locking in their decisions but when have we ever deduced characters without major slip ups before a major event?
I'm still sticking with my lock-ins: Nightmare, Sora, or one of the Genoslayer pair

As for deducing characters without a screw-up, I'd say Hero and Banjo for E3 unless you count the Grinch fake-out

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still sticking with my lock-ins: Nightmare, Sora, or one of the Genoslayer pair

As for deducing characters without a screw-up, I'd say Hero and Banjo for E3 unless you count the Grinch fake-out
Those technically were slip ups though. Hero was "leaked" last August and a billion people left not so subtle hints in the days leading to E3.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
This is just your friendly reminder that within the next two hours, we will reach the Final Twenty-Four Hours before the Game Awards. The excitement and anxiety is surely absolutely palpable. Can't wait to listen to a third of it in secret at work where I can't react! :ultduckhunt:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Those technically were slip ups though. Hero was "leaked" last August and a billion people left not so subtle hints in the days leading to E3.
A fair point

Man, I can't believe it's been a year since we've gone in this blind before. Funny how its come full circle

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I might get lynched for this, but I'm calling fake on Cacomallow.

Yeah, we know people can make weaker mods in Ultimate for Mii costumes, and we know that they can't do high-quality texturing without many issues, but... remember that this is the Smash fandom. People can and will go to extreme lengths to pull the wool over people's eyes. It happened with Grinch, and it can easily happen again with a convincing mod. Geno's fans and, as of late, Doom Marine's fans have been real butt monkeys in the eyes of trolling antis, so it's not out there to think that they'd come up with something like that.

The fact that Ken is there makes it feel more suspect. The play-tester at NoA that used Ken for the, well, Ken leak isn't there anymore. Is this just some guy with knowledge about leaks and the fanbase, or is this someone using Ken to kinda show, "Hey, see? It's real! It's the same guy again!"

I'm probably just very cynical. Even if it's real, too, it'd really only mean Doom Marine is about 80-90% likely (unless we got Dragonborn or something). A Mallow costume going with Geno's returning one isn't so out there either. It could mean Geno is playable, or it could mean that they tried, couldn't get him playable, and decided to make up for it with a Mallow costume, too. There's all sorts of directions this could go. I'm not chastising anyone for believing it, of course, because it is insanely convincing, but... I dunno, something in my gut is telling me no, so I'm gonna just discard it for now. I'd LOVE to be wrong, though. Besides, even without Cacomallow, I feel like Geno's chances are still quite nice.
I've heard this kind of line of thought time and time again before Banjo was revealed. People would always say that Sakurai would pick Steve over him because Minecraft is more popular and successful, that Banjo was a boomer pick that only people in the "Smash Bubble" care about. But at the end of the day, Sakurai chose Banjo as a fighter over Steve. This is why I don't Geno or Doomguy would be relegated to being costumes if the CacoMallow post ends up being true. I don't think Sakurai is as oblivious to what people would want as some would like to believe. I'm sure if he went to the trouble of getting content from an american IP like DOOM, he wouldn't just settle on a couple costumes, he'd go all in for a fighter. I also don't think he would hold back Geno's costume and the Chocobo hat from releasing alongside Hero to release them later alongside someone else with an added Mallow hat.

I've mentioned this before with the Mii Costume list, but there's never been a time when a fighter has come with more than two costumes from another company: Joker got 4 Persona costumes and 2 Sonic costumes, Hero got 4 Dragon Quest costumes and nothing else, and Terry got three King of Fighters/Fatal Fury costumes and 2 Virtua Fighter costumes. Banjo is the outlier here, since he didn't come with any costumes from any Microsoft IPs, but he still only got a maximum of 2 costumes from the same company. If the CacoMallow post is true, and Mallow is getting a hat to go alongside Geno's costume, there's no way that they wouldn't come without the Chocobo hat, since thus far returing hats have not come back on their own. If Geno, Mallow and Chocobo are all getting a costume/hat for Ultimate, at the very least, they'd have to come with a SquareEnix fighter, and right now there's no other SquareEnix character more highly requested than Geno, and if Sakurai knows of this demand, which I'm ten million percent sure he does, he wouldn't pick Sephiroth or 2B instead, he'd pick Geno.
Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk. Gobless.
GenoMallowHat.png

Tomorrow should be interesting no matter what unfolds. Wouldn't be surprised if we got some "swerves" of some kind. So, tin foil hat theory... You know how Sabi's source said that the Cacodemon wasn't related to Fighter 5? What if they were being literal, like... Not related to Doom? Imagine it's for something else Bethesda related? How ****in' nuts would that be? All these months of intrigue and it was a matter of misinterpretion? Kind of nuts but imagine...
Nice try, Todd, but I'm not buying Skyrim. :ultpacman:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I've heard this kind of line of thought time and time again before Banjo was revealed. People would always say that Sakurai would pick Steve over him because Minecraft is more popular and successful, that Banjo was a boomer pick that only people in the "Smash Bubble" care about. But at the end of the day, Sakurai chose Banjo as a fighter over Steve. This is why I don't Geno or Doomguy would be relegated to being costumes if the CacoMallow post ends up being true. I don't think Sakurai is as oblivious to what people would want as some would like to believe. I'm sure if he went to the trouble of getting content from an american IP like DOOM, he wouldn't just settle on a couple costumes, he'd go all in for a fighter. I also don't think he would hold back Geno's costume and the Chocobo hat from releasing alongside Hero to release them later alongside someone else with an added Mallow hat.

I've mentioned this before with the Mii Costume list, but there's never been a time when a fighter has come with more than two costumes from another company: Joker got 4 Persona costumes and 2 Sonic costumes, Hero got 4 Dragon Quest costumes and nothing else, and Terry got three King of Fighters/Fatal Fury costumes and 2 Virtua Fighter costumes. Banjo is the outlier here, since he didn't come with any costumes from any Microsoft IPs, but he still only got a maximum of 2 costumes from the same company. If the CacoMallow post is true, and Mallow is getting a hat to go alongside Geno's costume, there's no way that they wouldn't come without the Chocobo hat, since thus far returing hats have not come back on their own. If Geno, Mallow and Chocobo are all getting a costume/hat for Ultimate, at the very least, they'd have to come with a SquareEnix fighter, and right now there's no other SquareEnix character more highly requested than Geno, and if Sakurai knows of this demand, which I'm ten million percent sure he does, he wouldn't pick Sephiroth or 2B instead, he'd pick Geno.
Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk. Gobless.View attachment 252223

Is that Geno using Mallow's dead corpse as a hat?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
We also got that mii list from papa genos. That could still be real

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
This is why I don't Geno or Doomguy would be relegated to being costumes if the CacoMallow post ends up being true. I don't think Sakurai is as oblivious to what people would want as some would like to believe. I'm sure if he went to the trouble of getting content from an american IP like DOOM, he wouldn't just settle on a couple costumes, he'd go all in for a fighter. I also don't think he would hold back Geno's costume and the Chocobo hat from releasing alongside Hero to release them later alongside someone else with an added Mallow hat.
I feel the same way about Sora. People keep saying Disney would be too stingy and that a Mii Costume is all we'd get, but Sora is just too much of an A-lister to relegate to getting costume'd

And if Geno was a costume, holding him back seems very odd... I do have hope on the horizon for both of them

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I feel the same way about Sora. People keep saying Disney would be too stingy and that a Mii Costume is all we'd get, but Sora is just too much of an A-lister to relegate to getting costume'd

And if Geno was a costume, holding him back seems very odd... I do have hope on the horizon for both of them
I'm tellin' y'all, if we get Geno, I can't see us going through DLC without Sora, as well. If Geno makes it, I'm gonna assume Sora may be one of the last DLC characters or something. Like, Geno and NO Sora? Sorry, I can't see that happening.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It just accured to me

I forgot that each pass contains a fighter that’s brand new to the series (unrepresented series)

So it can’t be anybody for a series that made it into smash

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk. Gobless.View attachment 252223

Hey, I think you should buy this little game. It's called Skyrim, it's pretty good, you should try it. It's on the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. It's only $20 for the original and $40. You should really buy it.
God Howard.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I'm tellin' y'all, if we get Geno, I can't see us going through DLC without Sora, as well. If Geno makes it, I'm gonna assume Sora may be one of the last DLC characters or something. Like, Geno and NO Sora? Sorry, I can't see that happening.
Getting both Sora and Geno? sounds like a dream come true :231:

D

Deleted member

It just accured to me

I forgot that each pass contains a fighter that’s brand new to the series (unrepresented series)

So it can’t be anybody for a series that made it into smash
We assume. And if that's the case, how strict? Because if it's super strict, i.e. never before been in a Smash game in any form, including their franchise, then KOS-MOS is out of the running thanks to Shulk and the Rex costume.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
That awkward moment when, despite all this, Ryu still shows up tomorrow. God, that would be hilarious. Imagine.
Why have your last five or so messages just felt like "Haha wouldn't it be funny if this guy showed up tomorrow, haha I just think that would be really funny haha just wondering what you think haha"

MisterMike

Smash Champion
That awkward moment when, despite all this, Ryu still shows up tomorrow. God, that would be hilarious. Imagine.
I wouldn't even be mad.
Why have your last five or so messages just felt like "Haha wouldn't it be funny if this guy showed up tomorrow, haha I just think that would be really funny haha just wondering what you think haha"
I think he's been possessed by a ghost. Does anyone have a spirit camera?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Then Ryu has lived up to his ninja title by hiding in plain sight. I just hope he was sneaky enough to steal the doll back from Square and make an escape exit for the VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom