• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
What's more annoying is that the awards are late to begin with, and if they repeat last year, character 5 won't be seen until the end.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Will

Ya I agree. In fact I made a little mini theory about this leak that could prove it’s real. I feel like if this was fake after the game awards who ever made it would show people that it’s fake. If that does not happen then this could be. A real leak. I know what you all are thinking. BUT CATS THE GRINCH LEAK GUY NEVER SHOWED UP. That’s true but these two leaks are different l. The grinch leak was a huge photoshopped image that probably didn’t not take that much time to make. The miis however(assuming it’s fake for a minute) are actual mods. I feel like if your going to spend that much time making miis that look that good you would want to promote yourself in someway. Kinda like what Omni did with the Rayman leak. So if this mod has not been debunked by someone proving they made it after the game awards this could be a real leak. Buts that’s just a little theory I made. Any thoughts?
Should add that we did have someone claim to be the perpetrator behind the Grinch Leak, it was the same weirdo who bought like 1000 Rosalina Amiibo just to prevent anyone else from getting them. It was never proven definitively if it was him but that guy’s enough of a psychopath to have done it. On the other hand, absolutely no one has come forward for CacoMallow yet.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If I may go back in time a little bit, do you guys know what one of my favorite character reveal trailers was?

Yup -- That's right;

The reveal trailer for Brawl where we were hit with newcomers, one after the other, in rapid succession until the end of the video.

Woosh. There's Meta-Knight! Clang! There's you some PIT. Vooooom, there's a Samus, Model: Zero Suit. Vroomrmrmrmrm, It's-a Wario Time. Oh, and also, Snaaaake!

The point being, Brawl's reveal was incredible for someone like me back then, but I definitely recall most fondly the way they just showed these newcomers in rapid-fire format. How wild would it be if they did enough work to showcase the next set of Fighters in a similar fashion like this?

I don't foresee this ever actually happening, but... it's a fun thought. Less budget needed for big ol' reveal movies, which would be a bit of a shame, but the alternative is a constant stream of "Wait, what? Wait, what?? Wait, WHAT" which, quite honestly, would be incredibly fun. Imagine the reaction videos.

Firox

Smash Master
Will

Ya I agree. In fact I made a little mini theory about this leak that could prove it’s real. I feel like if this was fake after the game awards who ever made it would show people that it’s fake. If that does not happen then this could be. A real leak. I know what you all are thinking. BUT CATS THE GRINCH LEAK GUY NEVER SHOWED UP. That’s true but these two leaks are different l. The grinch leak was a huge photoshopped image that probably didn’t not take that much time to make. The miis however(assuming it’s fake for a minute) are actual mods. I feel like if your going to spend that much time making miis that look that good you would want to promote yourself in someway. Kinda like what Omni did with the Rayman leak. So if this mod has not been debunked by someone proving they made it after the game awards this could be a real leak. Buts that’s just a little theory I made. Any thoughts?
Makes sense to me. My general rule of thumb now is that if there is ANY defect, smudge, blur, distortion, or otherwise imperfection in the footage/screenshot/sound bite, IT'S FULL OF ****. Case in point: For all the care and effort put into the Grinch leak, the blurry picture should have been a dead giveaway. It allowed the faker to cover up any mistakes or imperfections in the art. Then let's look at the recent "Master Chief Sound bite leak". I listened to it this morning, and I gotta say, whoever that woman is trying to be Cortana, she really DOES sound like Jen Taylor. I almost believed it, but the big red flag is....you guessed it...the noticeable amount of sound distortion. It suggests voice modulation or computer-generated sound manipulation. Granted, someone could claim that it was a recording of a recording, but this isn't freaking Big Foot we're trying to capture here. There isn't a lot of excuse why a recording would come through so distorted unless someone was trying to hide defects, hence, I'm ruling false.

In short, I will only believe CLEAN gameplay footage for leaks because it's the only medium thus far to never be debunked. Anything less has rarely, if ever, proven true.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
We got to stop using GameXplain as a factor for a character inclusion. Jon hates all this insider crap so he's most likely just making guesses. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yes, because Jon is absolutely 100% not a leaker, that's just silly talk:

The fact that he guessed exactly which FF games would get ported, Epic Yarn 3DS, Treasure Tracker, Knew about Aces ahead of time and knew about Smash and Ridley before the first teaser even happened was all just coincidence!

unknown-33.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What's more annoying is that the awards are late to begin with, and if they repeat last year, character 5 won't be seen until the end.
D'aww, what's the matter? Do you have school tomorrow? Is mommy gonna be mad at you staying up past your bedtime? :ultpacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

The fact that he guessed exactly which FF games would get ported, Epic Yarn 3DS, Treasure Tracker, Knew about Aces ahead of time and knew about Smash and Ridley before the first teaser even happened was all just coincidence!

View attachment 252176
He's not a leaker but he knows stuff. I feel like too many people caught onto it though so he just does hints and teases nowadays. Again, one of the reasons I'm doubting Kos-Mos because he knows damn well that nobody would give him any peace if he was right.

P47

Smash Apprentice
If I may go back in time a little bit, do you guys know what one of my favorite character reveal trailers was?

Yup -- That's right;

The reveal trailer for Brawl where we were hit with newcomers, one after the other, in rapid succession until the end of the video.

Woosh. There's Meta-Knight! Clang! There's you some PIT. Vooooom, there's a Samus, Model: Zero Suit. Vroomrmrmrmrm, It's-a Wario Time. Oh, and also, Snaaaake!

The point being, Brawl's reveal was incredible for someone like me back then, but I definitely recall most fondly the way they just showed these newcomers in rapid-fire format. How wild would it be if they did enough work to showcase the next set of Fighters in a similar fashion like this?

I don't foresee this ever actually happening, but... it's a fun thought. Less budget needed for big ol' reveal movies, which would be a bit of a shame, but the alternative is a constant stream of "Wait, what? Wait, what?? Wait, WHAT" which, quite honestly, would be incredibly fun. Imagine the reaction videos.
I feel like the Everyone is Here trailer got those kinds of reactions

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

View attachment 252176
He absolutely has insider information, (or at leas has had insider information), and anyone who denies that is ignorant of the facts. That said, I think Jon and the whole GameXplain crew have been keeping their cards closer to their chest after the September 2018 Nintendo Direct. I made a post about this the other day, actually; they’ve been letting less information slip through the cracks after Jon got a lot of people accusing him of being a leaker after the whole Epic Yarn 3DS/FF7,9,10, & 10-2 debacle. As a result, I think whoever they speculate is less likely to be in unless they’re an open secret, (like Banjo), because if they genuinely believe a character has a strong shot based on stuff they’ve heard behind the scenes as opposed to out in the open, I don’t think they want to be the ones to “leak” it. So no, I don’t think them endorsing KOS-MOS is a point in her favor.

EDIT: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice beats me to the punch. Glad to know my opinion is backed by his, though.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
He's not a leaker but he knows stuff. I feel like too many people caught onto it though so he just does hints and teases nowadays. Again, one of the reasons I'm doubting Kos-Mos because he knows damn well that nobody would give him any peace if he was right.
I'm of the opposite opinion. Given Lloyd's deconfirmation, I think KOS-MOS is one of their frontrunners.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
In an attempt to get back on topic.

With CacoMallow still standing strongly in our favor, what's our plan of thanking Sakurai if our boy gets in?

1ff.jpg

Attachments

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Friendly reminder that there's been a Nintendo Direct about a week after like every single Indie Direct they've ever done. We're gonna get a Direct next week that shows off FP5, whether or not they get announced at the TGA. I think most likely scenario is they just do a teaser trailer like with Joker at TGA, and then show the fighter off for real in the direct next week.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

With CacoMallow still standing strongly in our favor, what's our plan of thanking Sakurai if our boy gets in?

View attachment 252182
We individually record ourselves screaming incoherently for about 10 seconds, then put them all together into one audio file and sent it anonymously to Sakurai. He'll know what it means. :ultpacman:

link2702

Smash Champion

View attachment 252182
I mentioned awhile back everyone should create a new bunch of save files in smrpg, that spell out thank you masahiro sakurai, as the file names from top to bottom, and then post a screenshot of it, ideally if you’ve got a working original snes, but if not then the vc on wii/wiiu, or the snes mini.
...in fact it might make more of a heartwarming statement if it’s a mix of all those systems, showing how many people of all ages got introduced to smrpg and on what system...

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

View attachment 252176
Look, I won't deny that that Jon doesn't have insider knowledge (probably due to them being a gaming news channel so they probably get access to Directs a head of time for preparations) but a lot of the times he just says whatever he wants without knowing anything ahead of time; such as how he made some guesses for February Nintendo Direct and Vergeben just copied it all with it turning out to be wrong. He hasn't been dropping hints lately and all of his "predictions" he has been making during discussion videos are turning out to be genuine guesses. Heck, he got upset that Sabi was using his "No Dash at VGA" joke as a sign saying that there is no character reveal at The Game Awards. Last year he was more prominent with his guesses actually being leaks, but this year majority of his guesses are just guesses.

So him saying that he thinks it's either Kos-Mos or Rex & Pyra are 90% just guesses. Look at all his predictions that he made for Smash Bros DLC, not one of them were right (unless he talked about Dragon Quest which I can't remember).

Firox

Smash Master
We individually record ourselves screaming incoherently for about 10 seconds, then put them all together into one audio file and sent it anonymously to Sakurai. He'll know what it means. :ultpacman:
Sakurai: "Huh, I wonder what this is?" (Opens audio file and starts listening to the screams)

Assistant: "What the hell is THAT?!"

Sakurai with tears in his eyes: "It's a thank you. From the Genobros."

Assistant: "Seriously? What kind of thank you is tha—?"

Sakurai: "Shut up! It's beautiful! Besides, it's a lot better than the 10 seconds of belching and farts that the Plant gang sent me."

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Should add that we did have someone claim to be the perpetrator behind the Grinch Leak, it was the same weirdo who bought like 1000 Rosalina Amiibo just to prevent anyone else from getting them. It was never proven definitively if it was him but that guy’s enough of a psychopath to have done it. On the other hand, absolutely no one has come forward for CacoMallow yet.
Drawing an extremely crunchy edit with paint and photoshop is much easier than making complete models.

I feel like based on what moses modders have been saying, if someone were to create and compress something that genuine (especially the detail on the Mallow hat) they would want to share it almost immediately.

But I must know. Does anyone remember when the original Ken leak surfaced and how long it was around until being revealed on November 1st?

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder that there's been a Nintendo Direct about a week after like every single Indie Direct they've ever done. We're gonna get a Direct next week that shows off FP5, whether or not they get announced at the TGA. I think most likely scenario is they just do a teaser trailer like with Joker at TGA, and then show the fighter off for real in the direct next week.
I would hope this is the case, but looking at the list of every single direct... Unless you count the Fire Emblem Heroes updates, they usually come 2-4 weeks after the indie ones. Only one that came a week after was a Pokemon one, with E3 a week later.

But I must know. Does anyone remember when the original Ken leak surfaced and how long it was around until being revealed on November 1st?
According to the Smash wiki, the Ken leak first popped up on September 21st, so about a month plus 10 days before his official reveal.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, this thread keeps on moving. Not that I am against it since we're so close to the VGA. Just one more day guys!

Also, that screen cap of the hidden videos and the Smash Bros playlist is getting me hyped. Too many videos being added. Maybe it's nothing but it's too many to say that.

Hopefully we get something at the VGA and not being left out in the dark with no way of knowing WHEN something will happen.

Keep it guys, just ONE MORE DAY!

Crossing my fingers here.

:bowser::starman:.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly I was thinking something like this too. On top of that maybe we will even get a reveal for out first post-FP character during said hypothetical direct nect week, whoever he/she is.

D

Deleted member

Yup -- That's right;

I kind of agree, here. The Brawl trailer was huge hype, because it started off so innocently. Like, hell yeah the graphics are better, haha Kirby looks exactly the same... and then we got final Smashes and characters everyone had wanted in Melee, and then Zero Suit Samus because why not, and more characters everyone wanted in Melee...

and then ****ing Solid Snake appeared. My only regret from that time period is that they didn't drop Sonic on us in a well thought out reveal video, it was just *boop* here's Sonic the godammned Hedgehog in the flesh, ready to throw down with Mario. It was still huge, the reactions were still nuts, but it could have been so much more.

I love the individual reveal videos. Most of them are well thought out and you can tell a lot of love goes into them, and then we have some that aren't so great, like Shulk, Isabelle, Hero, and I'll probably get a lot of hate for this, but Banjo. I'd really be a bit dejected if Geno didn't get his own, but if it means getting him, I'd take an in-engine clip like with Piranha Plant, or hell, even a low effort splash screen and nothing more.

I had a thought not too long ago that what would be like the perfect combination of hype and nostalgia, especially if the next wave of DLC really is the end, would be to recreate 64, Melee and Brawl's opening/reveal trailers, but replace characters with the new DLC fighters, obviously starting by dragging Geno out of that toybox. It'd be the best sendoff money could buy, give us all of our characters up front, murdering the demon of speculation for all eternity, and generally be kino af. But, I think Nintendo knows speculation season is the best viral marketing they don't have to pay for, so we'll be on this ride for a while yet. Hopefully Geno can swoop in and save me from it sooner rather than later.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

View attachment 252182
Oh man,this brings me back. Last time I played SMRPG, one of my favorite things to see was that strangely kid friendly 90s art direction that the game has.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Drawing an extremely crunchy edit with paint and photoshop is much easier than making complete models.

I feel like based on what moses modders have been saying, if someone were to create and compress something that genuine (especially the detail on the Mallow hat) they would want to share it almost immediately.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Leak#Ken_leak
The Ken Leak was first posted on 4chan on September 21st, so that means that it was up for little over a month before he was officially revealed.

D

Deleted member

Ending our sentences with Geno?

Challenge accepted. Actually not it's a not a challenge but okay.

We're almost there whatever happens tommorow should be fun I can't wait too see what gets announced Geno!

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I kind of agree, here. The Brawl trailer was huge hype, because it started off so innocently. Like, hell yeah the graphics are better, haha Kirby looks exactly the same... and then we got final Smashes and characters everyone had wanted in Melee, and then Zero Suit Samus because why not, and more characters everyone wanted in Melee...

and then ****ing Solid Snake appeared. My only regret from that time period is that they didn't drop Sonic on us in a well thought out reveal video, it was just *boop* here's Sonic the godammned Hedgehog in the flesh, ready to throw down with Mario. It was still huge, the reactions were still nuts, but it could have been so much more.

I love the individual reveal videos. Most of them are well thought out and you can tell a lot of love goes into them, and then we have some that aren't so great, like Shulk, Isabelle, Hero, and I'll probably get a lot of hate for this, but Banjo. I'd really be a bit dejected if Geno didn't get his own, but if it means getting him, I'd take an in-engine clip like with Piranha Plant, or hell, even a low effort splash screen and nothing more.

I had a thought not too long ago that what would be like the perfect combination of hype and nostalgia, especially if the next wave of DLC really is the end, would be to recreate 64, Melee and Brawl's opening/reveal trailers, but replace characters with the new DLC fighters, obviously starting by dragging Geno out of that toybox. It'd be the best sendoff money could buy, give us all of our characters up front, murdering the demon of speculation for all eternity, and generally be kino af. But, I think Nintendo knows speculation season is the best viral marketing they don't have to pay for, so we'll be on this ride for a while yet. Hopefully Geno can swoop in and save me from it sooner rather than later.
Would love a new cg intro but I doubt it will ever happen. I think Banjo and hero´s intros are really great though. Love that final part of the banjo one.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Just as good! As long as we get a bloody name! It's all we ask for! lol

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
'And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Character 5...........has better things to do and will not be coming to the VGAs. Thank you.'

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
"Today is good day!" passed my learners today, hard part is over!

And tomorrow is quite a stellar day, the Game Awards (double reveal with geno would be absolutely tremendous.), Don't Starve Together's christmas event... woo!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom