• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
*Begins writing long statement on how Geno isn't even a puppet, he's a doll*

*Realizes that the doll is being used as a puppet by the thing possessing it*

Well, then.

collater333

Smash Rookie
So I see someone already did this, but here is my Geno moveset:

B: Geno Beam. Charge move, he can roll out of it, and continue re-charging later, similar to Samus's Charge beam, except the B button must be held. If the button is released pre-maturely , it will release a beam out of his right arm I would say ~5 character spaces forward. Obviously, the longer it was charged, the more powerful it becomes. But as I said before, he can roll out of it, then continue re-charging where he left off of later. Once fully charged, the move ends, and you can press the B button again, to release it at full power. Aesthetically, 1 red star appears over him, then 2, then 3, and then they disappear when it's fully charged.

B-side: Geno Whirl. Sends a "geno whirl" ring shot about 7-10 character spaces forward. Isn't terribly powerful, but a good range move to cause some annoyance. Note, the longer the travel time, the more damage and impact it has.

B-up: Geno Boost. This one I reckon is a bit interesting. If he is in the air, it basically acts as a third jump. However, if he is standing on the ground, this boosts his attacks gain a slight boost in power (ie. more damage and knockback of his moves) and well as a slight boost in defense (ie. less knockback and less damage when he gets hit). This only lasts I would say about ~10 seconds.

B-down: Geno Blast. Charge move, he can roll out of it, and continue re-charging later, similar to Samus's Charge beam, except the B button must be held. If the button is released pre-maturely , it will release a downward beams from above I would say ~2-3 character spaces in front and behind Geno. Obviously, the longer it was charged, the more powerful it becomes. Aesthetically, 1 red star appears over him, then 2, then 3, and then they disappear when it's fully charged.

A: Finger shot. Basically, you can keep spam pressing A for some automatic fire coming form his fingers. Range about ~4 character spaces in front of Geno.

Forward A: Generic, "Punch, Punch, Kick."

Forward smash A: Double punch shot. This is a "one-two" move, requiring A to be hit twice(like Link's equivalent). His first shot fires one of his fists in front of him ~4 character spaces, and stuns briefly (long enough for the second one to hit), and his second shot fires both his fists in front of him ~4 character spaces which sends his opponent/opponents in his line of fire flying. Note: Both hits are "armor piercing" (ie. goes through opponents and breakable items/obstacles alike, but not indestructable walls and such). There is a small explosion when either shots hit the end of their range.

Down A: Generic leg sweep.

Down smash A: Hand cannon. This hits ~1 character space on each side of Geno. He fires a single shot out of each of his elbows for a small explosion on each side of him, sending whoever is within range, flying.

Up A: Hand Gun. Similar to finger shot, though slightly more powerful. Rapid-fires shots from his hands by spamming A (after hitting Up A) above Geno, about 2 character spaces above Geno.

Up smash A: Star Gun. Fires a "one-two-three" star shots in rapid-succession, with the first two shots stunning whoever is hit, and the last one packing the most punch, sending the opponent flying. (it's similar to Megaman's equivalent as far as how it affects opponents).

Aerial A: A generic "twirl" with Geno doing a single rotation with his arms extended (similar to Ness's and Peach's).

Forward aerial: Generic forward punch

Back aerial: Generic back kick.

Forward grab: Throws them them in the air forward, and fires a bunch of Star Guns
Back grab: Throws them in the air behind, and fires a bunch of Hand Gun
Down grab: Slams them to the ground, and fires Double Punch
Up grab: Throws them in the air, and fires Hand Cannon

Final Smash: Geno Flash. Geno transforms into a cannon and fires a medium red orb. It stops when it either hits someone/something or when it reaches ~7 character spaces, and when it stops, it explodes (similar to the smart bomb), and launches anyone who is caught in it's blast flying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've said this in the past, but if they are bringing back the Mii costume, it's best to do something like this:

1562726816981.gif

That way it actually LOOKS like Geno.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Can anyone give me tips on speedruning the segment "waiting until the game awards"?
I just want to noclip there
Get a big plate or platter and hold it in front of you while smacking yourself against the wall. Eventually you’ll no-clip and you can walk the the backroom of the VGAs where they keep all the secrets.
Apparently Geoff's comment about Waluigi was him joking saying "I don't think Waluigi is going to be a guest at The Game Awards". Somehow, someway, Waluigi finds a way to survive time and time again.
Waluigi has transcended into an eternal cockroach

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Disney having rights to The Muppets and having a presence in a sense at TGAs is quite curious. And unnerving to me as I see it speaking well for Sora.

No offense to Sora fans but unless Geno mii costume doesnt show up with potential Sora, I won't be convinced Sora getting in as 5 is good for the puppet at all, my bias aside. It'd be great if both happen as I've said, def not attacking fans of Sora. I know there's plenty of good arguments to suggest one does not cancel out the other. Damn that Mii costume.
Sora fan here, I wouldn't be that worried if that's your concern

Remember, Pepe the Prawn was a guest last year too and he was there just to do a selfie gag

I'm thirsty for Sora's inclusion, but I wouldn't equate the Muppets being here to = Sora in Smash

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I've said this in the past, but if they are bringing back the Mii costume, it's best to do something like this:

View attachment 251670

In all honesty, IF the costume came back, I hope it is this (akin to sans). Also, I would not think Sora hurts our boys chances. As odd as it sounds, IF there was a double reveal, it would be Sora and Geno. Kind of like a fake out.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure this has been posted at some point in this thread, but here's something that's really cool:

Obviously you have Forest Maze in there, but you also have tracks like Monstro Town and Here's Some Weapons! It's pretty great.
I think my favourite is Happy Parade, Delightful Parade. It just sounds so bombastic, like a circus parade rolled through town, I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure this has been posted at some point in this thread, but here's something that's really cool:

Obviously you have Forest Maze in there, but you also have tracks like Monstro Town and Here's Some Weapons! It's pretty great.
I think my favourite is Happy Parade, Delightful Parade. It just sounds so bombastic, like a circus parade rolled through town, I love it.
I hadn't seen this before. Thanks a lot for linking it!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will say, didn't a Muppet show up last year as well? I recall something like that.

Edit: Just realized that MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny addressed this just now. Whoops.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Sora fan here, I wouldn't be that worried if that's your concern

Remember, Pepe the Prawn was a guest last year too and he was there just to do a selfie gag

I'm thirsty for Sora's inclusion, but I wouldn't equate the Muppets being here to = Sora in Smash
Oh yes that's right! I nearly forgot about that! Thank you. I sincerely hope both Geno and Sora get in this game. I want the most people to be happy, but even if I didnt like or have attachment to Geno, I'd still want a fanbase that has been dedicated for so long to get their wish.

But now that I'm apart of it, the fact that I've met nothing but cool people who wont jump down my throat makes me want this even more for all the awesome folks on here.

D

Deleted member

I hadn't seen this before. Thanks a lot for linking it!
Here, if you want timestamps for each song:
0:09 Hello, Happy Kingdom
1:36 Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
2:29 Monstro Town
4:35 Here's Some Weapons!
5:12 Happy Parade, Delightful Parade

They've done tons of other games too, like Majora's Mask and Banjo Kazooie.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20191209-181250_Twitter.jpg

Okay, funny thought: Bunsen and Beaker do a bit about using the power of 'science' to deduce the identity of Smash's fifth newcomer, Geoff is so tuned in to gaming culture I can imagine a jab at how crazy everyone is over trying to figure out who the last fighter is

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno getting a costume that actually looks like Geno and not the bootleg Ebay listing, "CUTE SUPER MARIO BROTHER SQUARE SOFTS PUPPET CHAR CHEAP RARE ***EXCLUSIVE***" Geno? That's what I hope for IF he cannot be a fighter. I obviously prefer the fighter himself, but now that Sans has set a precedent, Geno deserves at least that much after all of this. I'd be much happier with Geno as a fighter, can't stress it enough, but I'd be sated with an upgraded costume that looked like Geno.

Getting the Sm4sh costume back with no improvements whatsoever is my fear. That Mii face haunts me in my sleep...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno getting a costume that actually looks like Geno and not the bootleg Ebay listing, "CUTE SUPER MARIO BROTHER SQUARE SOFTS PUPPET CHAR CHEAP RARE ***EXCLUSIVE***" Geno? That's what I hope for IF he cannot be a fighter. I obviously prefer the fighter himself, but now that Sans has set a precedent, Geno deserves at least that much after all of this. I'd be much happier with Geno as a fighter, can't stress it enough, but I'd be sated with an upgraded costume that looked like Geno.

Getting the Sm4sh costume back with no improvements whatsoever is my fear. That Mii face haunts me in my sleep...
That dumb smiling face on the Smash 4 K Rool Mii costume...

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
View attachment 251677

Okay, funny thought: Bunsen and Beaker do a bit about using the power of 'science' to deduce the identity of Smash's fifth newcomer, Geoff is so tuned in to gaming culture I can imagine a jab at how crazy everyone is over trying to figure out who the last fighter is
Okay so what’s probably going to happen is that Bunsen and Beaker will just do their own bit and maybe announce an award alongside an actual human like the muppet last year did. That being said, I love the idea of them announcing Geno cause puppets

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 251670

As much of an improvement this is, I still don't quite enjoy playing as Mii Gunner personally. The Miis are just lazy ways of incorporating a characters shtick into one of three categorys, "does your requested character have a sword, gun, or use their fists? guess what, we have the mii for you!" like NO man if I wanted a character template that uses premade special moves I would've just asked Soul Calibur 6, because at least there the character customization is basically limitless and you can choose to echo the main cast of SC6, and isn't restricted to bald Mii wearing a familiar hat and wood body using the same god **** flame pillar from the other twelve miis I've seen.

(so sorry for this rant I just needed to vent my failed learner's multiple choice test :facepalm:)

Griselda

Smash Lord
As much of an improvement this is, I still don't quite enjoy playing as Mii Gunner personally. The Miis are just lazy ways of incorporating a characters shtick into one of three categorys, "does your requested character have a sword, gun, or use their fists? guess what, we have the mii for you!" like NO man if I wanted a character template that uses premade special moves I would've just asked Soul Calibur 6, because at least there the character customization is basically limitless and you can choose to echo the main cast of SC6, and isn't restricted to bald Mii wearing a familiar hat and wood body using the same god **** flame pillar from the other twelve miis I've seen.

(so sorry for this rant I just needed to vent my failed learner's multiple choice test :facepalm:)
I mean.. for the most part, I don't use Mii Fighters to create other characters I want in Smash. I use them to represent my own characters, and I think that and representing family/friends is what they were actually intended for.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Guys, I want your help. Geno is being rated on Rate Their Chances tomorrow. Since I almost single handedly nominated him up to the top, I will have to explain myself. Here are the points I'm thinking of making:
  • Sakurai has wanted Geno for past titles.
  • Geno is highly requested and one of the few longest requested characters after K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo. He does consistently well on fan polls.
  • His Mii Costume did not return with Hero which is suspicious.
  • Two songs (and those songs ony) associated with Geno were struck down by Nintendo. The same thing happened with Sans.
  • Geno was requested enough to get a Mii Costume in Smash 4.
  • There is nothing that directly says that spirits deconfirm characters.
  • It would line up with the Mii costume leak and the Cacomallow leak has not yet been disproven.
  • Geno is in a similar situation that Banjo was in. "He's irrelevant." "No one knows who he is!" "He's owned by an uncooperative 3rd party company who will not give him up!" None of this stopped Banjo.
  • Sakurai straight up said that it matters how fun the character is, not just how relevant they are. And Geno would certainly be a fun and unique character with his timed attacks.
With Sakurai wanting to please the fans, this is Geno's chance. Probably the best chance he's ever had. However, it is possible that his Mii Costume will return. I strongly believe that Geno will make an appearance in this game outside of a spirit. Whether it be playable or as a costume. Thus, I give him a 50% chance score.

Any other points I should add? I feel like I'm missing something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The more I hear about this king for a day thing the more confused and bewildered I am
Welcome to the SiivaGunner Lore, the only lore that makes Kingdom Hearts's lore look like a children's Storytime book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
As far as FP5, I've essentially got 5 guesses. If I believe Verg, then Kos-Mos. If I believe Sabi, the Phoenix. If I believe cacomallow then Doomslayer. If I throw leaks out and look at circumstantial evidence and "boxes" checked off, then Tracer. If I go with my gut based on nothing else, Sub Zero.

So in terms of likeliness I'm thinking

1. Doomslayer
2. Phoenix
3. Kos-Mos
4. Tracer
5. Sub Zero

Not saying these are the actual likeliness rankings, just how much I'm personally expecting them.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I want your help. Geno is being rated on Rate Their Chances tomorrow. Since I almost single handedly nominated him up to the top, I will have to explain myself. Here are the points I'm thinking of making:
  • Geno is highly requested and one of the few longest requested characters after K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo. He does consistently well on fan polls.
  • Two songs (and those songs ony) associated with Geno were struck down by Nintendo. The same thing happened with Sans.
With Sakurai wanting to please the fans, this is Geno's chance. Probably the best chance he's ever had. However, it is possible that his Mii Costume will return. I strongly believe that Geno will make an appearance in this game outside of a spirit. Whether it be playable or as a costume. Thus, I give him a 50% chance score.

A very minor point, but you could bring up that this is a game where Chrom can final smash himself as a cameo in Robin's final smash. Though it probably too closely relates to the "Spirits don't deconfirm characters" point

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace

I would personally bump his chance up to like a 75. You should definitely add the mii costume list and Cacomallow leaks since they’re both still standing

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
...Any other points I should add? I feel like I'm missing something.
The CacoMallow leak not being debunked! His uniqueness in terms of design & fighting style! How he’d introduce a fresh mechanic in the form of Timed Attacks. How SMRPG is also mysteriously absent from the Super Nintendo Switch Library.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
  • Two songs (and those songs only) associated with Geno were struck down by Nintendo. The same thing happened with Sans.

- CacoMallow post still not disproven, looks pretty legit.
- Geno has stayed a relevant name in insider circles for at least a year.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would personally bump his chance up to like a 75. You should definitely add the mii costume list and Cacomallow leaks since they’re both still standing
Forgot about the Mii Costume list. Can you or someone else send me the link to it? I'm not sure where to look for it. Thanks. I know where to find the cacomallow leak.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Banjo-Kazooie in many ways ran into the exact same roadblocks Geno seemingly does: "He's too irrelevant! No one knows who he is anymore!" and "They're owned by an uncooperative third party company that would never give them up!"

Yet looked what happened to Banjo: Banjo fans were up until E3 of last year, the butt of every single joke when it came to newcomer wants. We were humiliated and laughed at time and time again, yet we got the last laugh in the end.

If Banjo-Kazooie can happen, then Geno can happen.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 I think everyone else already covered it, but I also have to add that Square's two biggest juggetnauts, FF and DQ, are now in Smash. Sure, they do have a lot of other popular franchises, but with their two big boys out of the way, they might be more receptive to Geno than ever. They also aren't stingy with him, apparently, as they allowed his spirit in the base game (along with Mallow's) with no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom