• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Whoa, friend, no need for hostility I wasn't trying to provoke or anything. I just meant Sabi made be a **** towards those around them but he hasn't shown to be a troll. I honestly just meant I didn't see it the same way.
Pretty much. Sabi has good sources, even if it may be via very sketchy methods. They probably are just saying what they're being told... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of misinfo, too, lol. Healthy skepticism is a thing, and I'm keeping stuff in mind without being 100% on any solid outcome.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Despite this being unlikely I'd love if they would make a Geno and Waluigi reveal trailer be at Donkey Kongs pad again just to make it a running joke that any fan requested character just has to go there to be confirmed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pretty much. Sabi has good sources, even if it may be via very sketchy methods. They probably are just saying what they're being told... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of misinfo, too, lol. Healthy skepticism is a thing, and I'm keeping stuff in mind without being 100% on any solid outcome.
Just so you know, I wasn't saying what I said because I thought there was false info, but I thought he disconfirmed all those characters altogether to create chaos and confusion among us, even though they were from a source, or a possibly accurate source. That is what I mean when I said "messing with people".

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Despite this being unlikely I'd love if they would make a Geno and Waluigi reveal trailer be at Donkey Kongs pad again just to make it a running joke that any fan requested character just has to go there to be confirmed.
I just hope Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo have a feature in either’s trailer

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
PapaGenos made a new video.

I'm split between wanting to be supportive of KOS-MOS but also thinking she would be a weak Game Awards reveal. Just doesn't have the same punch Joker's reveal did, you know?

Crash, Doomslayer, Sora, Kratos, those are all "Game Awards" tier announcements... and if we're to believe what's going on all of the good choices are deconfimed

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'll eat a shoe if KOSMOS is 5 because I just cannot see her being 5. I love Xenogears to death but until I see the trailer I can't see her having a shot.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
KOS-MOS is one of Namco's big crossover babies, so... I could see it happening. Plus, she's cute and cool, and she's a swiss army knife kinda like Geno, so that'd be fun to see :drflip:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think the most interesting thing about KOS-MOS getting in is how that would support other leaks going around, which is discussed in the video.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hello! Coming from the Doomguy's thread!

Just checked the drama that is going on, and I am more than elated knowing Sabi is self-destructing himself... I never believed his whole schtick of leaking characters that turned out not true or that came from something else... (Terry, for example...) How come no one has challenged him yet with revealing in exchange of prize money? Could be extreme, but it's effective (Can't do it because I'm poor, haha)

Anyways, I didn't come here for that... I came here to say you guys more than deserve to be a playable character from all the flak you guys get constantly... Kind of sad seeing others having a laugh at your expense because either they have a chance or their character already got in and Geno didn't...

In fact, I'd prefer Geno to make it in rather than Doomguy... Doomguy can always wait more... You guys waited for years and years, since Melee, I believe?

And if it turns out we get a double-reveal with Geno/Doomguy, then we can celebrate together!

Good luck all of you in the VGA! Just keep expectations low and don't overhype.
Our day might be ruined if our most wanted doesn't make it in yet. Pretty much learned it from experience, lmao.
Won't lie, half an year ago I was actually mildly opposed to Doomguy, but now I hope the best for you guys too! Even before the Cacomallow leak, I've seen the rampant support for him and have since warmed up to his potential inclusion. And I absolutely love all the fan art with him and Geno, even I made a couple edits with the two, lol. I'm keeping my expectations in check, but here's to a double reveal with our boys at the GAs, which in my opinion is the best case scenario for that event in regards to Smash.

Also the year of Wario’s existence, as he made his rivalrous debut in 1992’s Super Mario Land 2:6 Golden Coins :warioc:
Truly a blessed page number that was. And aw man, I'm kinda disappointed I probably won't be around for SMRPG's release year (1996) and my own year of existence (1999). I'm too tired right now and will probably got to bed soon. Bummer.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS is one of Namco's big crossover babies, so... I could see it happening. Plus, she's cute and cool, and she's a swiss army knife kinda like Geno, so that'd be fun to see :drflip:
It would be but the problem I have with KOSMOS is one there are far more notable additions which Sakurai prefers and two Namco crossovers its stuff all the time. They like self-referencing to the point of insanity and are fans of lending out a variety of characters. It could happen but I'm not sold yet.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, indeed things happened.

I am not going to say much on the whole situation since it has been said by a lot of people by now, some of which I actually agree, but yeah, I figured something was up with this person, in the wrong way, especially after the while ordeal with the messing with this other individual on Discord.

Something something Joker quote something something "you get what you fuc**** deserve" line. Karma got to them, at last.

Anyway, I guess this means that all of the "fallen" are back in the table and possibilities are everywhere again.

Hopefully this means good in the long run, not only for Geno but also for my Hellish Boy, Doom Slayer.

Crossing my fingers for them but still in expectation and excitement for what comes next. Either at the VGA, or later on.

Don't dwell on the bad stuff and just keep moving forward, everyone. We're all here for Smash anyway, so let's keep that in mind.

With that said, it's just a few days away, so well maybe know something.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
KOS-MOS would be really neat. I don't know much about Xenosaga but I have been watching some video of it lately.

I'm so ready to put this pass behind us and continuing to hope Geno is still on the table moving forward.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Kos-mos would be meh for me. No real ties to the character like I would have to Nightmare. I'm low-key still hoping it's a Doomguy/Geno reveal leaks and deconfirms be damned.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
“The Game Awards is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Thinking about retiring until The Game Awards, or fighter #5 is revealed if they're supposed to be announced later.

It's not that I don't want to know who the next fighter is, it's just this past week or so has been REALLY exhausting to follow.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
“The Game Awards is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”
This sounds awesome

D

Deleted member

I still wonder if someone on this world will ever find the lost Geno plushie from that obscure line themed about SMRPG back in the 90s.

T2by4

Smash Lord
YiapL2a_d.jpg

>watch papa geno's latest video
>instantly feel dread for Geno's chances if reimu and hayabusa leak was real

Not a good feel bros... What's gonna happen to Geno?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
i Came to the conclusion that Geno is definitely Coming to the roster.
I only really started to push for Geno in Ultimate, but I truly feel everyone's dedication.

I've been pushing for Banjo for a long time. I know what it's like when you're the butt of the joke. Last year alone, Banjo fans were a laughing stock. We've had our threads and Discord servers raided over and over and were humiliated during the Grinch Leak. I know Geno was in that too but Banjo took the brunt of it

Despite all the low points and being very close to giving up.: We got the last laugh

Banjo getting in makes me a believer that Geno is on the way. They said it was impossible, but the impossible happened anyway.

So cheers, I believe that Geno's time will come

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I only really started to push for Geno in Ultimate, but I truly feel everyone's dedication.

I've been pushing for Banjo for a long time. I know what it's like when you're the butt of the joke. Last year alone, Banjo fans were a laughing stock. We've had our threads and Discord servers raided over and over and were humiliated during the Grinch Leak. I know Geno was in that too but Banjo took the brunt of it

Despite all the low points and being very close to giving up.: We got the last laugh

Banjo getting in makes me a believer that Geno is on the way. They said it was impossible, but the impossible happened anyway.

So cheers, I believe that Geno's time will come
To be honest, the Smash community always likes to create fan rules to rule out the characters they don't want in the game
Banjo: "no one would recognize him"
Ridley: "it's too big"
King K Rool: "he's irrelevant"
i love seeing Sakurai break those rules and add the "impossible" picks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 251380
>watch papa geno's latest video
>instantly feel dread for Geno's chances if reimu and hayabusa leak was real

Not a good feel bros... What's gonna happen to Geno?
Just because two characters in a pass would hypothetically get in before Geno doesn't instantly disconfirm him as playable as they could upgrade a spirit anytime any place if they felt so inclined plus with how Banjo was kind of the fan favorite character within the first pass they could reveal Geno at E3 to be the fan favorite pick of the second pass.

Even then we don't know the order so if KOS-MOS gets in and that Ryu Hayabusa/Reimu leak is real Geno could still be the first character in the pass as they never stated when those two would appear. Plus as PapaGenos tries to say and tries to say with how big Smash is even if leakers hear the name of a character that doesn't mean they're next as proven by Verge and "The Square character is the first DLC character".

So even if the leak was real it doesn't mean anything for Geno's chances though even if it does personally at least I would hypothetically get one character I wanted in Reimu which would be better than Geno not getting in and I also get not a single character I wanted.

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS is such a weird thing to latch onto as a Geno supporter. Like, Feel however you will about Sabi and Verge, but Verge said Namco is out, Sabi backed him up on it. If we're just gonna disregard insider info when it involves a Namco character, we might as well go ahead and disregard insider info when it involves Geno and say that the Mallowdemon leak not having anything to do with Challenger Pack 5 is fake news.

Also KOS-MOS has her bazingas out so unless they want to water that design down I'm not sure how she's any different than Mai.

EDIT: lmao we're all children here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If I remember right Sabi didn't back Verge on no Namco rather the NoA source did which came from Naz. I'm pretty sure Sabi still is only saying no to Llyod.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I remember right Sabi didn't back Verge on no Namco rather the NoA source did which came from Naz. I'm pretty sure Sabi still is only saying no to Llyod.
I trust the NOA source a lot more than I trust Sabi. Maybe that's just me.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I have nothing against KOS-MOS (never played a Xeno game lmao) but after Joker, Banjo, ect she just seem so underwhelming? Especially as the finisher to the Fighter's Pass.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I still wonder if someone on this world will ever find the lost Geno plushie from that obscure line themed about SMRPG back in the 90s.

Man I'd really like to have these. I've got the full keychain set, all but 5 of the coins, and about half of the cards that went with them but these plushes are very rare.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I doubt Kos-Mos for a number of reasons but the latest is Jon from GameXplain guessing her in their VGA prediction video. Guy complains on Twitter about not being a leaker and then unironically leaks Kos-Mos for the VGAs? Can you imagine the **** show? Dude would lock himself in a suitcase and ask Andre to punt him into a lake if that happened. He wouldn't get any peace for a year after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom