• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm calling it since Sabi's been outed-

Doomguy or Geno at the TGAs
Ayy I second that

I only really started to push for Geno in Ultimate, but I truly feel everyone's dedication.

I've been pushing for Banjo for a long time. I know what it's like when you're the butt of the joke. Last year alone, Banjo fans were a laughing stock. We've had our threads and Discord servers raided over and over and were humiliated during the Grinch Leak. I know Geno was in that too but Banjo took the brunt of it

Despite all the low points and being very close to giving up.: We got the last laugh

Banjo getting in makes me a believer that Geno is on the way. They said it was impossible, but the impossible happened anyway.

So cheers, I believe that Geno's time will come
Personally, I actually only started to really push for Banjo and Geno less than an year ago. And despite all the hard times both of them had just this year, I never let my hopes down completely and at least with the former, I got to see the impossible happen once again by the hands of papa Sakurai himself. Banjo's fans are such a dedicated bunch even against all odds that it's no wonder there's so much overlap between them and Geno's, myself included.

The bear, bird and puppet should serve as inspiration for fans of all other characters as far as I'm concerned, both went from pipe dream laughing stocks to reality (yes Geno's on his Smash, whaddya talking about?) and that's simply incredible no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I want to trust Naz and Fatman's NOA source that says FP5 isn't Bamco. That Reimu/Hayabusa/KOSMOS leak looks a bit dreary for Geno fans

D

Deleted member

I doubt Kos-Mos for a number of reasons but the latest is Jon from GameXplain guessing her in their VGA prediction video. Guy complains on Twitter about not being a leaker and then unironically leaks Kos-Mos for the VGAs? Can you imagine the **** show? Dude would lock himself in a suitcase and ask Andre to punt him into a lake if that happened. He wouldn't get any peace for a year after that.
I feel bad for a good part of the Gamexplain crew at times.

They mostly just tend to speculate on stuff for the sake of fun and without attempting to hint at anything... but a huge part of the community is sadly so desperate for clues that they get to look for them at places where they aren’t, awfully to extreme points at times.

The internet is quite a tough place to talk about games.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm not expecting kos-mos to show up either and even if she does that really doesn't prove the rest in any meaningful way. Only if we see reimu get revealed sometime in the next 6 months who unlike the rest actually stands out from the general chatter should we maybe start to get worried but to be frank the only leaker upset I see happening next week is doomguy, small hope for wah but mostly doomguy.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I doubt Kos-Mos for a number of reasons but the latest is Jon from GameXplain guessing her in their VGA prediction video. Guy complains on Twitter about not being a leaker and then unironically leaks Kos-Mos for the VGAs? Can you imagine the **** show? Dude would lock himself in a suitcase and ask Andre to punt him into a lake if that happened. He wouldn't get any peace for a year after that.
I mean, that almost seems like the ultimate proof that he is not a leaker(Would not be shocked if he legitimately did not know if Nintendo is being very secretive about this). Wouldn't stop what would happen after though.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
This is unironically also the reason I highly doubt Rex and Pyra are FP5. He used them as his example for "who" he thinks FP5 is, I think he predicted them for the VGA too.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm not expecting kos-mos to show up either and even if she does that really doesn't prove the rest in any meaningful way. Only if we see reimu get revealed sometime in the next 6 months who unlike the rest actually stands out from the general chatter should we maybe start to get worried but to be frank the only leaker upset I see happening next week is doomguy, small how for wah but mostly doomguy.
I consider Reimu to be part of the general chatter at this point. She's been ****poster's Choice for half a year at this point, the period since shortly before Terry has been especially bad.

I think we're at this interesting point in Smash speculation where literally every fake leak could have an off the wall character pick and turn out to be at least halfway right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for a good part of the Gamexplain crew at times.

They mostly just tend to speculate on stuff for the sake of fun and without attempting to hint at anything... but a huge part of the community is sadly so desperate for clues that they get to look for them at places where they aren’t, awfully to extreme points at times.

The internet is quite a tough place to talk about games.
To be fair, they did happen to just "predict" the 3DS version of the Yarn Kirby games, that a bunch of Final Fantasy games were coming to switch (exactly which ones if I'm remembering right,) and maybe some other stuff. Plus with Jon's otter posting, they obviously know SOME STUFF. Not saying that we should take everything they predict as a fact that it'll happen, just that they have or had at that point some level of inside info.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, they did happen to just "predict" the 3DS version of the Yarn Kirby games, that a bunch of Final Fantasy games were coming to switch (exactly which ones if I'm remembering right,) and maybe some other stuff. Plus with Jon's otter posting, they obviously know SOME STUFF. Not saying that we should take everything they predict as a fact that it'll happen, just that they have or had at that point some level of inside info.
Yeah, maybe you are kinda right with that.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Yeah these leaks are sketchy. Geoff keeps this stuff tightly hidden, and no one but him knew Joker last year. Sounds like a case of real info sprinkled with fake smash info. Plus that fourchan cat thing is likely unconnected, with the other cat one probably not the same guy. I’m not trusting any chan text leak this easily

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Granted, GameXplain knows stuff but doesn't blast it, just like Resetera mods. Sometimes they're cheeky but it's esoteric and flies over a vast majority of their audience's heads. That said, it's not like every video has secret info but, for example, I note their Smash predictions and line them up with what I've heard. This is why, from GameXplain predictions alone, I'm not expecting Geno, Kos-Mos, Travis, Ryu, Sora, Rex/Pyra, or Doomguy for 5. Leaking Kirby games is one thing but leaking a Smash reveal would probably put them in a world of **** given their channel's size.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Made it page 1994, Gargoyles release year, what a great year and congrats to being the biggest character speculation thread on the site. :bluejump:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Similar consensus but with less negative energy. His statements are worth noting but there’s a good chance he’s been baited or that he’s just full of ****
Vergeben has gotten a lot of stuff wrong too like stating that Minecraft stuff was in Smash. He also missed on the Banjo-Kazooie FP3 reveal saying that Banjo wasn't coming.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Granted, GameXplain knows stuff but doesn't blast it, just like Resetera mods. Sometimes they're cheeky but it's esoteric and flies over a vast majority of their audience's heads. That said, it's not like every video has secret info but, for example, I note their Smash predictions and line them up with what I've heard. This is why, from GameXplain predictions alone, I'm not expecting Geno, Kos-Mos, Travis, Ryu, Sora, Rex/Pyra, or Doomguy for 5. Leaking Kirby games is one thing but leaking a Smash reveal would probably put them in a world of **** given their channel's size.
I dont know if theyd get in trouble for just “speculation”. At E3 they talked about Banjo iirc

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I have nothing against KOS-MOS (never played a Xeno game lmao) but after Joker, Banjo, ect she just seem so underwhelming? Especially as the finisher to the Fighter's Pass.
Sadly, that follows Smash's usual roster pattern: fizzled out finale. Smash ends on a more lackluster note compared to its beginning or middle.

If Kos-Mos makes it, good for her fans. But its meh to me.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It will turn out that all their Captain Falcon thumbnails were hinting all along.

Finally, Captain Falcon will be added to Smash.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
In a post-Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo world, every character that isn't Geno just annoys me at this point

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I consider Reimu to be part of the general chatter at this point. She's been ****poster's Choice for half a year at this point, the period since shortly before Terry has been especially bad.

I think we're at this interesting point in Smash speculation where literally every fake leak could have an off the wall character pick and turn out to be at least halfway right.
My point is ryu has been talked about by leaks, insiders, and the general public to the point where he was considered a lock for like 2 months. Reimu has been mostly focused in one particular site up until September and the insiders have done nothing but make a joke of her since the topic became commonplace. If we somehow actually saw her get revealed next year then that would easily be the biggest shocker in smash history and probably won't be topped until maybe phone characters or 4th parties enter the mix and would give those text leaks a massive authenticity boost kos-mos or ryu never could.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I doubt the KOS-MOS leak is real for one reason:

Remember the TGA leak from last year? It got everything except for Nintendo's segments... or well, segment. The big thing they popped was Joker in Smash. The leak got everything right except for that, wherein they stated Metroid Prime Trilogy was going to be shown instead.

I don't think anyone knows FP5, let alone the two characters after that. KOS-MOS would still be super neat, though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sadly, that follows Smash's usual roster pattern: fizzled out finale. Smash ends on a more lackluster note compared to its beginning or middle.

If Kos-Mos makes it, good for her fans. But its meh to me.
Yeah, Smash Ultimate's last trailer just killed the hype for me. Fighter Pass 5 has been mostly a drag as well. The height was E3 with Hero and Banjo. I loved those characters but wasn't a huge Joker or Terry fan. I have warned up more to Terry but still not a fan. There is so many great IP out there and I feel like Sakurai is fing it up with the FP. Give us Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, DoomGuy, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, etc.!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Woah, the page number doubled since my last post. What's up?

I saw the GameXplain predictions video as well as PapaGenos latest video. KOS-MOS seems likely, but I've been reading what people are saying about Jon predicting her and how he wants his reputation to not he associated with leaking things... and that is a compelling point. But also PapaGenos video made a compelling point for KOS-MOS.

But honestly, as PapaGenos said, every seemingly likely character keeps getting deconfirmed. I'm done trying to follow anything and give Nintendo credit for keeping Fighter #5 so tight-knit. I look forward to the surprise! (Assuming Fighter #5 is at the VGA.)

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I doubt the KOS-MOS leak is real for one reason:

Remember the TGA leak from last year? It got everything except for Nintendo's segments... or well, segment. The big thing they popped was Joker in Smash. The leak got everything right except for that, wherein they stated Metroid Prime Trilogy was going to be shown instead.

I don't think anyone knows FP5, let alone the two characters after that. KOS-MOS would still be super neat, though.
Yeah, this is true. We've seen plenty of leaks before that had correct information but the rest was completely off.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I finished my Geno moveset. Now to wait until page 1996 to post it. [Rubs hands together.]

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
even if the leak is true or partly true we have SMTV news and a clock tower remaster coming and that sounds pretty good.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

volbound1700

Smash Master

What if Sonic is part of Fighter 5's reveal trailer? I don't see Geoff casually teasing a new Sonic game if he said nothing leaks, and guessing a new game is a little too obvious
As crazy as this sounds, I was thinking Shadow as an option the other day. He is another popular character that people whined about after the November direct.

BZocky

Smash Ace

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

What if Sonic is part of Fighter 5's reveal trailer? I don't see Geoff casually teasing a new Sonic game if he said nothing leaks, and guessing a new game is a little too obvious
-Baseless speculation- It opens with Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, eventually turning into a Smash trailer with Sonic helping Waluigi into Smash.

D

Deleted member

What if it's a Dr. Eggman reveal? It's like Joker's reveal but instead it's Eggman hacking into the game awards and they make a joke on how they keep on getting hacked into.

"Dr. Eggman makes an announcement!"

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t discard the idea of it having to do with a promotion for the Sonic movie.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

What if Sonic is zipping through the World of Light and bashing through fighter clones and suddenly, another famous speedster catches up to him and they have a race

20191208_214228.png

Wouldn't that be a Game Awards moment to have Sonic and Tracer have a race?

Yes yes, I know she's supposedly deconfirmed and she's kind of a sore spot for the Smash fandom but still

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What if it's a Dr. Eggman reveal? It's like Joker's reveal but instead it's Eggman hacking into the game awards and they make a joke on how they keep on getting hacked into.

"Dr. Eggman makes an announcement!"
How about "Dr. Eggman gives himself a PROMOTION!!!"?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Woah, the page number doubled since my last post. What's up?

I saw the GameXplain predictions video as well as PapaGenos latest video. KOS-MOS seems likely, but I've been reading what people are saying about Jon predicting her and how he wants his reputation to not he associated with leaking things... and that is a compelling point. But also PapaGenos video made a compelling point for KOS-MOS.

But honestly, as PapaGenos said, every seemingly likely character keeps getting deconfirmed. I'm done trying to follow anything and give Nintendo credit for keeping Fighter #5 so tight-knit. I look forward to the surprise! (Assuming Fighter #5 is at the VGA.)
You and me both, dude. I'm fed up with the constant deconfirmations by Sabi and Verge and have gone back to betting it's either Doomguy/Geno or Waluigi at the GAs, because why not? But not too hard though, as I'm just predicting for the fun of it and am totally prepared to get floored if I'm wrong, which I think will be the case. Overall I'm just happy we're in for a surprise and that there are more characters beyond the Fighter Pass.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom