• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
If somehow one of the characters deconfirmed as being 5th FP entry comes out, man, that is going to bring serious ire to the leakers.

Besides the usual UPSET SCANDALOUS LADIES~

:dazwa:.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Spencer Tweeted 2 days after the Ballot went live. Smash Ballot era Banjo & Kazooie was peak popularity for him to specifically because he got his huge boost of support at that exact time. I don't think you can just waive away the absolutely perfect timing for Banjo & Kazooie in that regard, as it was the momentum needed to make him a reality.

Golden Sun, if anything, was on more life support because Dark Dawn bombed so hard it killed the franchise and Golden Sun was largely missing from Smash 4. You had the dedicated fans mobilizing a bit for it, but it's honestly the complete opposite of Banjo & Kazooie as that was a situation where hope was directly into a fan base and the Isaac one was more disenfranchised at the time.
You have it backwards mate. Holy crap was it a challenge to get people to take Phil's tweet seriously at first, whereas the lack of AT seriously bolstered the Golden Sun fans.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'm just tired of all this

"Maybe its them!"
"Maybe...Nope."
"Well how about them?"
"I'm not so sure....yeah nope try again"
"Do they stand a chance"
"I'm starting to think.....Not at all"
"Then who is it?"
"I dunno lol"

We keep jumping around different characters when different leaks become more "credible" before they are struck down and it's starting to get really annoying.
And this is why people should stop believing in every leak that comes their way. Stick to this moto "Every Smash Leak is fake until it's actually proven from Nintendo"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is some Loz 2.0 dude spreading fake rumors about Gordon Freeman or some crap. IDK I think a lot has happened since I knew what was going on. lol

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Anything big happen today other the fatman’s info on Capcom? I may have binged Halo Reach the past couple days and may or may not have cried at the end :(

And now I want Master Chief and Noble 6 in even more

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I actually talked about this today on Sabi's Public Discord so I'll see if I can just copy and paste from earlier today:

"I know people are frustrated at Sabi and Verge about it but it kind boils down to the heirarcy of info sharing. Some of Sabi's bigger sources don't even want people to publicly know that they spoke or even know each other. Beyond that, people don't realize that a lot of these bigger contacts flat out don't take questions. They tell people like Sabi stuff but will typically ghost them if they "forget their place." A lot of it is kind of haughty and elitest, honestly."

"For example, only reason why we know things like "no Crash and no Ryu" is because the contacts just flat out told them this. It wasn't a Q and A. The bigger contacts tend to only speak up if they personally want to squash misinformation themselves. This is why we're playing "Guess Who" with #5."

"And now you all understand why it's become a game of who it's not than who it is. Almost all the deconfirmed characters for #5 were from rumors that higher up insiders were so annoyed about hearing that they personally came off Mount Olympus to smite certain names."
Just so you know fatman, Sabi just called you out on this interp of yours in Forest Maze:

sabi1.PNG

sabi2.PNG

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
- Miyamoto wants to be less rigid with Mario and his games.

- Sakurai likes to "resurrect" characters that haven't appeared in a game in recent years, such as Banjo and K. Rool.

He's in.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I´m always puzzled that No soul calibur is never mentioned within the Namco characters as a possibility:dizzy:.
TBH, LLoyd seems the most likely and the most nintendo move ever. Nintendo always seems to not drive hype trains good. :mybodyisreggie:
Corrin as the last addition to smash was very weak. Keep your expectations tempered. For some of us, we got Banjo and that was good enough:denzel:
Anyways, if Geno has a chance, he won´t be the fifth fighter. He´ll be one of the bonus characters, a release that is relatively more low key and without as much fanfare as the V.G.A´s. Then again, as I said, Nintendo doesn´t drive hype trains good and does whatever they want.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just so you know fatman, Sabi just called you out on this interp of yours in Forest Maze:

View attachment 248140
View attachment 248141
I'll just say that I'm trying to provide some degree of transparency and if someone like me who has been in the Private Discord for over a year and on an almost daily basis still doesn't apparently "get it", there's a frying of lines of information and it's no wonder so many people are incredibly frustrated right now.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
And this is why people should stop believing in every leak that comes their way. Stick to this moto "Every Smash Leak is fake until it's actually proven from Nintendo"
Speculating on the leak du jour doesn't necessarily constitute believing the leak. We have precious little else to talk about, so for better or worse, leaks will be discussed ad nauseum regardless of plausiblity.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
See this is where people like you and @RingJ5 seem to miss the idea that Lloyd...
  • Is a big enough deal to announce at the VGAs, as every FP character has had a level of niche.
  • Would make complete sense if Tales Of Arise gets any news at all.
  • Thinking Lloyd is a small pick when he has been requested since Brawl
  • Thinking one of the consistently most loved characters in the Tales Of series is a small name.
Adding onto that...

• The Tales Of series is the 7th-best-selling JRPG/RPG series of all time, beating out Dragon Ball RPGs but getting beat by the Souls franchise. Also outsells both the Persona and SMT franchises by a rather wide margin.
  • Smash has been infamous for it's final reveals being pretty mediocre. It's just kinda it's thing. Not that Lloyd is really all that mediocre, but he's also not as big a pick as they could get, like Sora or Sephiroth or Doom Guy or Master Chief.
Also, fun fact, the top three are Pokemon (duh), Final Fantasy (again, duh) and Dragon Quest (oh baby, a triple!) but what I found very interesting was the giant disparity between the kings of RPGs. Pokemon has roughly 340,000,000 in sales, and Final Fantasy doesn't even make half of that, and Dragon Quest just barely makes half of that. Makes a lot more sense now why GameFreak thinks they are immortal, as they have no direct competitor and even other great RPGs don't come close to measuring up.

Another thing I noticed is that the Mario RPG series is just barely holding onto the 9th spot which I really find interesting what with all the other RPGS out there and apparently the original Bowser's Inside Story is the best selling Mario RPG game. Huh.
Luckily I edited my post to further elaborate on what I meant do it didn't really confuse you and the other guy. I am not trying to undersell Tales of as a series so preferably it would be nice if you didn't make out I was. Secondly I was comparing Lloyd to Joker. This may be the reason we didn't have The Hero revealed and just to shoot down the one person that says Joker was already finalised and in development joker never started development which is why we got no gameplay. So there is a slight chance no matter how large or small that they could have easily just announced the hero first especially considering all the leaks spreading. And just because a character has been requested for a long time doesn't mean much if it wasn't a significant amount of requests. Lloyd although had been requested since Brawl he hadn't had a significant amount of votes to rival characters like Banjo, K. Rool and Ridley all of which seem to have set the standard for how popular a character has to be to be added solely due to popularity with other reasons but not as big a decider as popularity (which is one of the reasons Geno is likely). Just to elaborate as a TL:DR Lloyd although is a relatively large name in the tales of series it's no contest when comparing him to a juggernaut like Joker and if Nintendo announced Joker at the VGAs it's safe to assume they know what characters to and to not announce at the VGAs

Griselda

Smash Lord
..When Geno gets 'hurt', do you think he repairs the doll's body with star magic, or does he have to be manually fixed or have the broken parts replaced? ..For that matter, why does he go unconscious after taking enough damage? Is his actual star body feeling what's happening, or is it just that the doll is too damaged for him to make it move at that point?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
..When Geno gets 'hurt', do you think he repairs the doll's body with star magic, or does he have to be manually fixed or have the broken parts replaced? ..For that matter, why does he go unconscious after taking enough damage? Is his actual star body feeling what's happening, or is it just that the doll is too damaged for him to make it move at that point?
He does get healed the same way as the other characters, though honestly I’m not sure how eating a mushroom heals anyone. I’d guess it’s the former, with his star power holding the doll together, and then he falls unconscious when the doll becomes too damaged for him to stay active.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Spencer Tweeted 2 days after the Ballot went live. Smash Ballot era Banjo & Kazooie was peak popularity for him to specifically because he got his huge boost of support at that exact time. I don't think you can just waive away the absolutely perfect timing for Banjo & Kazooie in that regard, as it was the momentum needed to make him a reality.

Golden Sun, if anything, was on more life support because Dark Dawn bombed so hard it killed the franchise and Golden Sun was largely missing from Smash 4. You had the dedicated fans mobilizing a bit for it, but it's honestly the complete opposite of Banjo & Kazooie as that was a situation where hope was directly into a fan base and the Isaac one was more disenfranchised at the time.
The big 5 has always been:
-Ridley
-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Banjo
-Geno

Banjo was pretty much nonexistent until the Phil Spencer tweet back in Smash 4. Meanwhile Isaac was still speculated/supported a good bit due to his missing trophy.

I'm pretty sure Isaac's thread was beating Geno's all the way back until he got deconfirmed in terms of page count. Even in terms of polls; Isaac usually ended up in the top 3, with only Sora and Banjo really consistently beating him.

I don't know why people are calling it the Big 4 requests and excluding Isaac, when it has always been the Big 5. Heck, if we were using the "Big 4", chances are Geno is the least likely to be there as all of the others popularity exceed his.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Imagine Geno, but instead of our star friend, it's GLaDOS inside the doll.

AKA: I think I have the flu and I need to sleep.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Plot twist: the third party company used for character 5 will be.......Nintendo. Hey, to the other companies, Nintendo is 3rd party.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Didn't Fatman say that there was an announcement on Tuesday?
If so, where is it?

D

Deleted member

That'd definitely put a pin in the "Everyone in the FP belongs to a third party company" fanrule.
Speaking of which, is there a Nintendo series that's yet to be in Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom