• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
https://youtu.be/XcyU8LVl8zc
Here it is the Geno rip from Silva's King for another Day tournament. Remember to vote for him! Last year we let him go out round 1 we have to make a comeback from that as it was such a shame and we absolutely need to do better.
It's been a while since I followed SiIva outside of just doing my favorite hobby (lurking) in a couple of their videos. but this tournament of theirs and more specifically this remix is awesome. and it's some damn fine Smash material right there wink wink nudge nudge

I'll be rooting for Geno and Wario and Waluigi, but it seems like every contestant has some bops by their side so I'm probably fine with whoever wins.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where do you even vote for this event?
Silva's upload schedule for the tournament usually follows as such: A rip for one character, A rip for the other, A rip for the battle between the two (this one is optional and doesn't always happen) then a video for Character 1 vs. Character 2 or in this case Geno vs. Weird Al.

We're currently waiting for the Weird Al rip and then that final video should be uploaded if not two videos then it'll be uploaded, For example the schedule would go:
We'll have to wait for a video like that last one to vote for either Weird Al or Geno.
That last video should have a link to a google polls thing to vote for whichever character you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I’m gonna do a trademarked GAME SHOW WITH PLANK to pass the time:
What’s your most wanted Non-Character addition? Like a new mode or a new feature or fixing the horrendous online
My most wanted Non-Character addition is a tie between an upgraded special smash or Smash run with online, the ability to fight other players, more customization, and new maps.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
New boss fights, easily. Give me Dark Matter, Perfect Chaos, Petey with a larger moveset, Tabuu, Rayquaza, Porky, M. Bison, Geese,and so many more.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
What’s your most wanted Non-Character addition? Like a new mode or a new feature or fixing the horrendous online
My most wanted Non-Character addition is a tie between an upgraded special smash or Smash run with online, the ability to fight other players, more customization, and new maps.
An actual Story Mode with The DLC Characters included, perhaps a prequel to the World of Light.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Smash Run was addicting on the 3DS, imo.
Smash Run all the way!

D

Deleted member

An actual All-Star mode as the All Star mode we have now is so dumb and such a big downgrade plus I really wanted a Smash Ultimate version of the All-Star rest area theme as those are so relaxing and I love listening to them so we'll never get that and it saddens me greatly.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
That's a tough one. My most wanted is to just fix the online because... I mean, it's pretty obvious.

But then there's brilliant ideas like Boss Battle mode, a Target Smash/Board the Platforms stage builder, a proper All Star mode etc, the possibilities are endless

T2by4

Smash Lord
Yeah geno aint winning against weird al. Geni barely got any buffs. Weird Al got MICHAEL JACKSON as a buff for his songs.

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
Only about 150 more pages before this thread surpasses Ridley's Smash for Wii U thread. Wonder if we can hit that milestone before the video game awards.
https://youtu.be/XcyU8LVl8zc
Here it is the Geno rip from Silva's King for another Day tournament. Remember to vote for him! Last year we let him go out round 1 we have to make a comeback from that as it was such a shame and we absolutely need to do better.
Weapons Factory is a criminally underappreciated song. If all of his rips are this good, then I'll be excited to vote Geno for so long as he's in the running.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It’d never happen, but besides “fixing online” and “finally adding local co-op to World of Light”, my largest want is to have them totally revamp character selection and end-of-match options. Yes, I know they have that whole “stage is picked first to load it in the background while everyone selects” thing, but I would be more than okay with waiting just a few more seconds to not have to re-pick my character and color every single time.

On top of that, the addition of some sort of rematch option to the end screen would very much help.

Yeah geno aint winning against weird al. Geni barely got any buffs. Weird Al got MICHAEL JACKSON as a buff for his songs.
And Geno now has the entire Kingdom Hearts series, which specifically for this crowd is pretty big.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
And Geno now has the entire Kingdom Hearts series, which specifically for this crowd is pretty big.

Er, typed that into the wrong box, meant it as an edit. Can a mod collapse the double post?
Can't believe we gotta unite with sora to win this thing. Well, if that's what it takes, hopefully next round they release some KH music. Cause Weird Al absolutely stomped round 1.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I want a "sort by series" option for the CSS and SSS so incredibly badly. The "in order of appearance" is great in concept but god I ****ing hate having to hunt for certain charscters/stages sometimes.

ESPECIALLY AFTER A NEW DLC CHARACTER COMES OUT AND SHIFTS THE DAMN CSS AGAIN, PUTTING RYU AND KEN ON COMPLETE OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SCREEN

D

Deleted member

Yeah honestly Geno got stomped so hard during the first round as he's going up against Weird Al the "original Silvagunner". I honestly hope we can make a loser's bracket run and that Johnny Bravo loses the first round cause I think that would be a much more even match-up.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Only about 150 more pages before this thread surpasses Ridley's Smash for Wii U thread. Wonder if we can hit that milestone before the video game awards.
If you asked me a month ago I would have had my doubts, but I think it's very doable for us.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
My most wanted non-character addition is some sort of mode where you platform and fight enemies. Smash Run would be the best but I’d even take something like Melee’s Adventure Mode. Just being able to fight Goombas and Octoroks with characters from other games is really appealing to me, and simultaneously fighting Starmen, Waddle Dees, Kritters, and Pookas with Captain Falcon was a trip.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
909954D6-C4B4-4AE2-9F19-4187709C1ACF.jpeg

Got these coins from a local Facebook garage sale page. Sadly no Geno. There’s 18 of these that were made in Japan by Bandai in 1996. Bronze, Silver, and Gold for each of the 5 party members and Yoshi. Kinda pricey on EBay as is most of the SMRPG merchandise, but at least there’s not a whole lot that was made from the game so it wouldn’t cost as much as some other collections to complete if one wanted to.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I agree with both @ShotoStar: Endgame , and 3DSNinja 3DSNinja that it'd be great if we could get a true All-Star Mode (like the one in 3DS/Wii U), and a legit Boss Rush Mode with a few more bosses added into the list. So far we have the following bosses:

-Giga Bowser (SSBM original)
-Galleom (SSBB original)
-Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Marx (Kirby)
-Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
-Master Hand & Crazy Hand (SSB & SSBM original)
-Galeem (SSBU original)
-Dharkon (SSBU original)
-Galeem + Dharkon (SSBU original)

Bosses I'd like to see added, in order to represent other franchises are the following:

-Mother Brain (Metroid)
-Porky Minch, or Gyigas (Mother)
-Eternatus (Pokémon Sword/Shield)
-Wily Machine (Mega Man; either Machine 4, 8, or 11)
-Death Egg (Sonic)
-Andross (Star Fox; either SNES, or Zero version)
-Hades (Kid Icarus)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Aside from the obvious answers like online or boss run, I really want all the reveal trailers to be added to the theater section. It feels so empty tbh. If they take up a lot of space just have them be optional downloads

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I agree with both @ShotoStar: Endgame , and 3DSNinja 3DSNinja that it'd be great if we could get a true All-Star Mode (like the one in 3DS/Wii U), and a legit Boss Rush Mode with a few more bosses added into the list. So far we have the following bosses:

-Galleom (SSBB original)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Marx (Kirby)
-Galeem (SSBU original)
-Dharkon (SSBU original)

Bosses I'd like to see added, in order to represent other franchises are the following:

-Mother Brain (Metroid)
-Death Egg (Sonic)
-Hades (Kid Icarus)
Honestly, I'd prefer Necrozma as the Pokemon boss, since he fits the theme of light vs dark exceptionally well.
Another good boss idea would definitely be Klungo but...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

-Galleom (SSBB original)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Marx (Kirby)
-Galeem (SSBU original)
-Dharkon (SSBU original)

-Mother Brain (Metroid)
-Death Egg (Sonic)
-Hades (Kid Icarus)
I'd Like to See Grima, Gruntilda, and Tabuu be bosses.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

-Galleom (SSBB original)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Marx (Kirby)
-Galeem (SSBU original)
-Dharkon (SSBU original)

-Mother Brain (Metroid)
-Death Egg (Sonic)
-Hades (Kid Icarus)

Give me Gill as a boss. That would be rad.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I've already accepted that what I want most out of Smash Bros. (mode wise) are never going to happen again. Target Test is dead and so is a Subspace like mode. It's never happening. I wish you could at least make your own Target Test stages in stage builder...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
For me, it would boil down to two things:
1 - An Adventure Mode a la Melee. You go through a mix of platforming levels and themed battles, culminating in a boss battle at the end. Unlike Melee, the platforming levels have multiple exits that allows you to branch off to different levels, fights, and bosses. To give you an idea of what I mean:
AdventMap.png

The sections with the small white circle are platforming levels, whereas the series icons are levels you go to. If anyone wants me to elaborate on this, let me know.

2 - Target Test, but with a twist. Once you've picked your fighter, you can either play that character's pre-built stage, or select a stage made in the Stage Builder. They add in a Target item for the Stage Builder, and you place them around your levels. (Minimum 10, maximum 20) You can then share your levels online like other Custom Stages, however these can only be used in Target Test.

Last edited:

-Galleom (SSBB original)
-Dracula (Castlevania)
-Marx (Kirby)
-Galeem (SSBU original)
-Dharkon (SSBU original)

-Mother Brain (Metroid)
-Death Egg (Sonic)
-Hades (Kid Icarus)
So shocked Sakurai never put in a boss rush mode.

If it got in, though, as cool as making a few more new bosses for the mode would have been, I think Sakurai would have just ported over the last remaining bosses from Subspace and call it a day, prehaps with some minor updates.

Not that I'd complain, it would be ****ing awesome to fight every boss in Smash history.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I´m sorry but who is this "Weird Al" that keeps getting mentioned?
A popular American music artist known for incredibly inventive parodies, and being the one to bring such a thing into the “mainstream”. He’s going up against Geno in a weird sort of music popularity contest, and for a couple people here it’s an incredibly difficult choice.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
A popular American music artist known for incredibly inventive parodies, and being the one to bring such a thing into the “mainstream”. He’s going up against Geno in a weird sort of music popularity contest, and for a couple people here it’s an incredibly difficult choice.
Thanks man, i understand it much better now

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I´m sorry but who is this "Weird Al" that keeps getting mentioned?
Weird Al's a parody musician who's been on the game for several years, here's one of his most notable songs:

I'm not that familiar with his work, but he's been mentioned a lot here because Siivagunner is holding a contest and him and Geno are going against each other.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Please be sure to credit the artist who drew that, my friend! (The Geno in the Switch, not the obvious official Mario art.) Aside from that...

Mario seems awfully distressed to see Geno. Does he know something Luigi doesn't? Is it possible for Geno to possess a Switch? Does that mean they effectively detached his limbs by detaching the Joy-Cons? Mama freaking mia...

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
If hero didn't get Geno and chocobo, and Terry didn't get heihachi, then who the hell did banjo loose?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Another mode I’d like to see, music composer mode. It’d have a bunch of soundfonts and instruments, so you could recreate your favorite songs that didnt make the cut (cough chrono trigger cough). It’s too ambitious but I think it’d be awesome

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If hero didn't get Geno and chocobo, and Terry didn't get heihachi, then who the hell did banjo loose?
No one. I'd say the two Rocket Grunt clothing options count as two separate outfits. Those two, Goemon, Zero, Protoman, and Sans? That makes six. That is, of course, if the Power of Six theory is correct.

ETA:

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/11/...ng-to-be-less-rigid-with-the-mario-franchise/

Also, this could be good news for Geno, by the way. If Geno doesn't get into Smash, I don't know if it'd be because of Miyamoto interfering. It sounds like he's more open to exploring different characters and deviating (including past characters, presumably, given Pauline's return).

C'MON, Y'ALL! BRING MY BOY HOME~!! :drflip:

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
No one. I'd say the two Rocket Grunt clothing options count as two separate outfits. Those two, Goemon, Zero, Protoman, and Sans? That makes six. That is, of course, if the Power of Six theory is correct.
Plot twist: Banjo got lumped with other companies’ Mii costumes because the Banjo-Kazooie Mii costumes are coming with Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom