• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Congrats man! Have a great wedding and an even happier marriage!

I’d like any of the big three valve series to get in, but I don’t see how chell would function as a fighter. I’d love to hear a moveset of you have one in mind
I unfortunately am not the most creative when it comes to moveset ideas... as I said, I don't have the most experience with Portal (or any Valve games for that matter), I just thought there could be something cool with her ability to create portals.

I'm of the opinion that Sakurai and his team can creative a moveset for any character they want. Just look at Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Piranha Plant, etc. (especially Duck Hunt). So while I don't know if Chell can do anything aside from creating portals, I just think she'd be cool. She definitely isn't my most wanted or anything, I'm just saying I'd probably prefer her over Gordon Freeman (but I'm fine if he made it in Smash, even though I don't see a Valve character as especially likely).

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Ey Datboigeno congrats on getting engaged dude!
Couldn't congratulate you earlier because i was asleep.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I might be late to this thought process.........

But it just hit me, Geno shoots his hands out as weapons too

O_O

Please. Please.

1574493024674.jpeg

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The community is so rabid for news on fighter 5 that people are reporting on Sakurai doing his job and acting like it's news. Man December can't get here fast enough.

D

Deleted member

So Mashed Potatoe Samurai appeared on the Famitsu game stream and said he's working on an unkown fighter before coming to the stream eh?

That's pretty awesome. Because A thank you Mashed Potatoe Samurai

and B looking forward to find out who it is.

Course we're still up in the air hopefully in time. We find out About who it is hopefully at Game Awards.

Last edited by a moderator:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I am not even remotely a fan of Valve. In fact, I’ve gone as far as boycotting them(for reasons that I would rather not go into detail on) for over five years now. A part of me would be legitimately quite disappointed if they got a
character.

...However, with all that said, another part of me would be actually quite okay with that as at this point I would practically take anything that’s not “Lloyd, Heihachi, Dante, or RE Hero” as #5. The endless conversation over these four particular returning company reps has, in my opinion, largely stagnated speculation at a pretty underwhelming point.

So, sure, throw in a character from a company that I despise, I already went through this kind of thing with DQ’s composer anyway, albeit for very different reasons. Just make it surprising, first and foremost.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I am not even remotely a fan of Valve. In fact, I’ve gone as far as boycotting them(for reasons that I would rather not go into detail on) for over five years now. A part of me would be legitimately quite disappointed if they got a
character.

...However, with all that said, another part of me would be actually quite okay with that as at this point I would practically take anything that’s not “Lloyd, Heihachi, Dante, or RE Hero” as #5. The endless conversation over these four particular returning company reps has, in my opinion, largely stagnated speculation at a pretty underwhelming point.

So, sure, throw in a character from a company that I despise, I already went through this kind of thing with DQ’s composer anyway, albeit for very different reasons. Just make it surprising, first and foremost.
I don't think it is entirely fair to not want characters just because discussion on them has stagnated in your eyes. But similarly how you feel about Valve, it is your personal opinion and I'm not gonna tell you how you feel.

However, the four characters you listed all have sizable fanbases and would have interesting movesets, so hopefully you wouldn't too disappointed (especially because Geno is quite likely as post pass DLC). Also, I think characters such as Crash, a Valve character, etc., shouldn't be judged based on their companies. Both characters have big fanbases and it would be unfair to not include them just because of their company. Heck, if that mattered Konami shouldn't be anywhere near this game (so say goodbye to Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania content). I understand the initial perspective on not giving scummy companies recognition, but beloved characters shouldn't be gated off because of a company's decisions. Characters should transcend a company's politics and greed (aside from specific examples that people could list... but those are the exceptions, not the rule).

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I don't think it is entirely fair to not want characters just because discussion on them has stagnated in your eyes. But similarly how you feel about Valve, it is your personal opinion and I'm not gonna tell you how you feel.

However, the four characters you listed all have sizable fanbases and would have interesting movesets, so hopefully you wouldn't too disappointed (especially because Geno is quite likely as post pass DLC). Also, I think characters such as Crash, a Valve character, etc., shouldn't be judged based on their companies. Both characters have big fanbases and it would be unfair to not include them just because of their company. Heck, if that mattered Konami shouldn't be anywhere near this game (so say goodbye to Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania content). I understand the perspective on not giving scummy companies recognition, but beloved characters shouldn't be gated off because of a company's decisions.
Oh, to be clear, I’m not talking about DLC in general, I’m very specifically talking about #5. When it comes to post-pass, anything goes, but in my opinion those characters would be quite underwhelming as #5, especially since they’ve been in constant discussion for the past year. I want to see something surprising, and not “oh, the big finale to the Pass is that exact character people speculated about since the Pass was announced.” As much as we in this thread would absolutely love Geno, I have a similar sentiment that he wouldn’t really work at all as #5, but would be quite likely for post-pass.

The whole discussion about companies’ actions affecting their characters is really messy and maybe not something to really derail the thread over, so I’ll leave that at that and just say that I personally wouldn’t want the character(or Crash, for similar reasons), but I get why others would.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The community is so rabid for news on fighter 5 that people are reporting on Sakurai doing his job and acting like it's news. Man December can't get here fast enough.
This could have been an hour after Terry’s presentation and had the same effect. I don’t think it really speaks to us being more rabid than usual... which to be fair, is just completely bonkers all the time.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, for presentation value, what would be the better day to show character 5:

On Ultimate's anniversary or the VGAs? Granted, for hype the answer is clearly the VGAs, but for appearance what would look more right?

RingJ5

Smash Ace

On Ultimate's anniversary or the VGAs? Granted, for hype the answer is clearly the VGAs, but for appearance what would look more right?
Character #5? VGAs, absolutely. However, it legitimately is a bit of a shame that the anniversary takes place before that does, because otherwise an anniversary event would be the perfect place to also reveal the first post-pass character.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

For presentation value, the VGA’s. Huge crowd watches it live.
For our collective sanity, Ultimate’s anniversary, cause it’s sooner.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1805 pages.. God...

Anyway, hi. I thought to check in here for fun. I kinda think a remake of Super Mario RPG is quite likely honestly. Square seems to like the Switch and we've been seeing quite a lot of RPG remakes already. Alpha Dream is also bankrupt, and Paper Mario hasn't impressed anyone since Thousand Year Door (even tho Super Paper Mario was good, but whatever). So yeah, Super Mario RPG remake? Seems likely to me.

So Geno could have a decent chance.

That's what I wanted to say.

Bai

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I think VGAs are probably more likely, since it's a great big event with a ton of people watching. That said, I think it's also possible, albeit less likely, that they'll do a one year anniversary stream.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Since the top dogs are deconfirmed to be fighter 5 that leaves us with the only reasonable option for a character...Funky Kong.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
If neither Doom Slayer, nor Crash, nor Ryu Hayabusa, Scorpion, Geno, are Fighter #5, then I'd be hype if any of the following ends up being it:

- Klonoa (Bandai Namco)
- Gunvolt, or Jason Frudnick (Inti Creates)
- Adol Christin (Falcom)
- Quote (Nicalis)
- Goemon (Konami) (I know he's a Mii Costume, but PLS!!!)
- Dante (Capcom) (please have both classic and DMC 5 skins)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Nobody's deconfirmed and there is no evidence to those "supposed deconfirmations" other than word of mouth that has never been once explained in any detail.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hypothetically, lets say those fighters are deconfirmed for fighter 5 (Being Geno, Scorpion, Ryu H, Crash, Tracer and Doom Slayer ). There are 4 names from 4 different companies being thrown around...Who could they be? I think I have a couple of ideas.

1) Gordon Freeman. With the recent "leaker's" knowledge of Half-Life Alyx, before it got revealed, it could be possible we could be getting one hell of a curve ball. Also, would be a pretty big reveal at VGA.

2) Dark Souls Rep. This one kind of follows the "Company already in Smash, uses side company for Rep" Example is Sega with Atlus. Though it is a different company, it is owned by Sega. Dark Souls is published by Bandai Namco (FIXED). Could happen?

3) Bandai-Namco Rep. The absence of the old Namco costumes is very peculiar and raises some eyebrows. As far as who? We could see our very first 3rd Party Mii Costume upgrade in either Lloyd Irving or Heihachi. HOWEVER the one thing to consider is this fighter's pass was, potentially, the only bit of DLC we were going to get. So if it is Namco, then perhaps it is a new one. There are some pretty neat choices, such as KOS-MOS, Agumon, Dig Dug or Klonoa. Time will tell.

4) Danganronpa Rep (Monokuma). I am mainly putting this here, because of Sabi's tweet with the very on-the-nose wording. Those who do not know the game, the words 'Hope' and 'Despair' are thrown around A LOT in that game. How much you may ask? Think of Kingdom Hearts with "Heart, Light and Darkness". However, they did say "Its not a Smash hint" So it could just be either A) a new Dangan B) ports of Dangan to Switch or C) Sabi is playing 4D chess and it is a Smash hint (Not likely)

This is what I think at least. Like to know what others think.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
2) Dark Souls Rep. This one kind of follows the "Company already in Smash, uses side company for Rep" Example is Sega with Atlus. Though it is a different company, it is owned by Sega. Fromsoftware being owned by Namco. Could happen?
From Software isn't owned by Bandai Namco, or any other company. Bandai Namco just publishes and owns the Dark Souls IP.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
1805 pages.. God...

Anyway, hi. I thought to check in here for fun. I kinda think a remake of Super Mario RPG is quite likely honestly. Square seems to like the Switch and we've been seeing quite a lot of RPG remakes already. Alpha Dream is also bankrupt, and Paper Mario hasn't impressed anyone since Thousand Year Door (even tho Super Paper Mario was good, but whatever). So yeah, Super Mario RPG remake? Seems likely to me.

So Geno could have a decent chance.

That's what I wanted to say.

Bai
Hai and bai, Diddy Kong! Here's hoping one or both of those will become a reality. :)

(Also, your starring DKC2 role is the best, and DKR is better than Mario Kart 64 any day.)

OffBi

Smash Ace
If there is a reveal at VGA, then it must be someone hype that the west would know.
So unless vergeben says that it's not him, I think that it's Gordon Freeman

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hai and bai, Diddy Kong! Here's hoping one or both of those will become a reality. :)

(Also, your starring DKC2 role is the best, and DKR is better than Mario Kart 64 any day.)
Well here's something I'd like to read every day!

D

Deleted member

https://youtu.be/XcyU8LVl8zc
Here it is the Geno rip from Silva's King for another Day tournament. Remember to vote for him! Last year we let him go out round 1 we have to make a comeback from that as it was such a shame and we absolutely need to do better.

Last edited by a moderator:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Here it is the Geno rip from Silva's King for another Day tournament. Remember to vote for him! Last year we let him go out round 1 we have to make a comeback from that as it was such a shame and we absolutely need to do better.
I’m so sad that he’s being paired against legitimately the only competitor that I would personally vote for over him, Weird Al.

Luckily, though, they’re having a loser’s bracket this time around, so whoever loses of that pair still has a chance.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So remember that claim months ago that said that character 4 would be a female no one asked for? I have to wonder: was that actually legit but they saw a close up of Terry, looked at the long blonde pony tail and assumed it was a woman? Even the name could be thought as female.

D

Deleted member

I’m so sad that he’s being paired against legitimately the only competitor that I would personally vote for over him, Weird Al.

Luckily, though, they’re having a loser’s bracket this time around, so whoever loses of that pair still has a chance.
Yeah him pairing against Weird Al really makes me think he won't win the tournament let alone the first round. He just seems to have bad luck with his matches. I'm still voting for him though cause I gotta rep my boy no matter the odds.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So remember that claim months ago that said that character 4 would be a female no one asked for? I have to wonder: was that actually legit but they saw a close up of Terry, looked at the long blonde pony tail and assumed it was a woman? Even the name could be thought as female.
No, that was just another random 4chan post with no basis whatsoever.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Jeez, if he wasn't against Weird Al I honestly would..... But Al got robbed even harder last tournament.
Sorry Geno.... I'll help you get through the loser's bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom