• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone06

Smash Ace
“Its not justified, but at the same time, do it to get your most wanted!”

I’m sorry, but this is exactly why so many people regard this fanbase as an absolute joke.

This game has so much blood, sweat, and tears put into every last line of code. And yet all of you still insist on flooding/harassing the devs with constant complaints, just because your most wanted did not get in (Not just this thread, a ton of other fanbases too.)

Its fine to want a character in. Acting completely entitled when they get deconfirmed isn’t
I literally said in the next post "I feel pretty great about this game". So I don't know where you're getting a sense of entitlement coming from me. If anything I was backing the developers in the initial post. Don't go making problems that don't exist. I don't come here to argue. So if that's what you're going to do, find someone else to troll.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I skipped a bunch of pages so this could've already been asked before, but Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what are your thoughts on the possibility of Echo Fighter DLC for post-pass?

There was a Sakurai article linked here the other day that said more or less that Sakurai puts more effort into the DLC fighters to make them stand out because they have their own price tag attached, so I could see that hampering Echo Fighters if they're just carbon copies of existing characters, because once you apply that philosophy to make them unique and stand out, well then they're not really echo fighters any more, are they?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Real late to this discussion but I would 100% be down for Five Nights at Freddy's Mii costumes in Smash a la Sans.

They're haunted costumes in canon so it would be cool in a funny, meme-y kind of way. Again, like Sans.

But as a playable character? Eh. I wouldn't be mad but I don't really want it either.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t even be mad if Fighter Pass 2 was the Grinch Leak DLC and we got Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
I know I’m probably public enemy number one in this thread right now, but I have a great idea to troll Gamefaqs if anyone wants to listen.

If any of you has an account (I cant do it since I got permabanned for no reason), I want you to make a poll that says “Serious question, would you cut Mario for Geno?”. And then, the plan is for everyone in this thread right now to vote “Yes” on that poll.

The reactions will be a sight to behold, especially if certain users on that site get a whiff of it.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The funny part is that Mach Rider was one of my more anticipated characters during the Grinch leak days. I wanted him in just to see how he would work.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
He was literally stating he would reap the benefits from complaining.

How is that not inciting this thread on doing the same thing?
You didn't say inciting, your statement implied that was something we were already doing. All of us, devoid of any specificity, save that we post in this thread. You can't lay the blame on one person for other people acting like children, a person who, in this instance, isn't even condoning the behavior mentioned. Everyone makes a choice whether or not they throw a tantrum over a video game. I'm of the opinion that most of the people in this thread share that sentiment, and agree that it's a horribly petty thing to do.

Here's the reality. If nintendo adds Geno to the roster, I'm not going to magically decide not to buy him because I'm less than pleased with how the fanbase acted prior to his inclusion.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
On more relevant matters... so Grinch Leak supposedly got noticed by Nintendo and convinced them to both go whole hog on Banjo & Kazooie and make the push for Geno? Did I get that right?

Taking it with a grain of salt but things just got juicy. :yoshi:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I know I’m probably public enemy number one in this thread right now, but I have a great idea to troll Gamefaqs if anyone wants to listen.

If any of you has an account (I cant do it since I got permabanned for no reason), I want you to make a poll that says “Serious question, would you cut Mario for Geno?”. And then, the plan is for everyone in this thread right now to vote “Yes” on that poll.

The reactions will be a sight to behold, especially if certain users on that site get a whiff of it.
Kind of a dumb troll, really. Especially since you decided to discuss this on an open forum rather than in private where the people you're intending to troll have no idea what you're planning.

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice

Inciting forum raids should be a bannable offense here.
Something tells me you weren’t permabanned there for “no reason”.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
On more relevant matters... so Grinch Leak supposedly got noticed by Nintendo and convinced them to both go whole hog on Banjo & Kazooie and make the push for Geno? Did I get that right?

Taking it with a grain of salt but things just got juicy. :yoshi:
Banjo & Kazooie were almost certainly in planning if not outright development by the time of the Grinch leak. It had zero effect on their inclusion in the game. Geno is just supposedly another benefactor if you believe Fatmanonice's take.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I can see Contra and the Battletoads being mii costumes that come with Ryu Hayabusa since they are all nes icons
Honestly I would take it - getting ANY Contra representation even as a costume would be mega hype for me; especially if they went with the Contra III armors since they had my favorite appearance in that game.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I think adding the remaining grinchers would be ok. Geno and Isaac are my guys of course. Mach rider would be a fantastic proof of concept for a sigurd idea I've had for a while, shadow is whatever but people seem to like him so thats fine. Chorus kids I really didn't want because I always felt karate joe deserved to rep RH more, but now that sakurai has stuffed the roster full of shotos I doubt he would be well revived so I'll compromise. If it was the agreement to getting geno and isaac I would be willing to deal but a straight port of the remaining 5 wouldn't be terribly exciting for paid dlc. Maybe hold off until smash 6 to fill the other ones out?

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I will take a moment to say that I really love this thread and all of you guys, this place is great and fun to come back to share ideas every day and it really feels like home :3

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I think adding the remaining grinchers would be ok. Geno and Isaac are my guys of course. Mach rider would be a fantastic proof of concept for a sigurd idea I've had for a while, shadow is whatever but people seem to like him so thats fine. Chorus kids I really didn't want because I always felt karate joe deserved to rep RH more, but now that sakurai has stuffed the roster full of shotos I doubt he would be well revived so I'll compromise. If it was the agreement to getting geno and isaac I would be willing to deal but a straight port of the remaining 5 wouldn't be terribly exciting for paid dlc. Maybe hold off until smash 6 to fill them out?
Oh it definitely wouldn’t happen. I’d just be willing to go with it to get Geno and Isaac in. Although I don’t have a problem with the other three.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Inciting forum raids should be a bannable offense here.
Something tells me you weren’t permabanned there for “no reason”.
You don’t even need an account to vote. And I don’t see how a harmless prank should be “bannable”.

Dynamic Worlok

You don’t even need an account to vote. And I don’t see how a harmless prank should be “bannable”.
You're attempting to organize people on this thread into doing something just as petty as what you accused us of doing not three posts ago, in order to provoke the irritation of members of another forum.
I guess it's fine to act like children as long as we aren't doing it towards game devs.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This is why people hate Geno fans lmao
I’m not even a Geno fan. I just visit here often because it is where the most speculation happens. The general thread is too busy talking about Pokemon rather than DLC speculation.

I just had an idea for what I thought would be a funny prank for this thread to do. Since Gamefaqs spends a great deal of their time trashing this thread. That is all.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is why people hate Geno fans lmao
Yo, leave them alone. It was just an idea they had, a harmless prank. Who knows if anyone would do it, but I think you are taking this too seriously. It is just several people on one forum after all. Nothing that will affect how Geno fans are viewed, especially if this were to be done by just one Geno fan, if you know what I mean. It may not be a good idea, I mean, but I don't think the consequences would be that big.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , so I know this is unrelated to Smash, but with you just talking about NoA being aware of the fan regarding the Grinch situation...

how has Nintendo reacted to the Pokémon Sword & Shield uproar? Not just the National Dex, I mean the whole negative/unhyped aura surrounding the game for a chunk of people it seems.
1b9.jpg

It's so bad. Probably can't talk about it in detail in the open for a few months but holy hell it's bad.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I haven't visited GameFAQs since 2008 and there is no reason why anyone else should either

Dynamic Worlok

I’m not even a Geno fan. I just visit here often because it is where the most speculation happens. The general thread is too busy talking about Pokemon rather than DLC speculation.

I just had an idea for what I thought would be a funny prank for this thread to do. Since Gamefaqs spends a great deal of their time trashing this thread. That is all.
I've got no need to get a rise out of Gamefaqs. People can talk all they want, it doesn't affect me.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I remember some people were concerned about Nintendo not trying to take down the mii leak, but I think they may be ignoring it because of how insane the sword and shield leaks are

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I haven't visited GameFAQs since 2008 and there is no reason why anyone else should either
I used to visit it when I was young, before Gamespot brought them out. It was better than it is now, if you ask me. This was during the days of Smash Bros. Melee, by the way.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
You're attempting to organize people on this thread into doing something just as petty as what you accused us of doing not three posts ago, in order to provoke the irritation of members of another forum.
I guess it's fine to act like children as long as we aren't doing it towards game devs.
How is what I suggested to do comparable to getting legitimately angry and flooding real complaints to devs in anyway, shape, or form?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Lmfao at you being all high and mighty about people who called Nintendo because of the Grinch leak (i did not) and then suggesting a website raid essentially.

The only problem with Geno fans is for some reason we attract non-Geno fans into our threads who like to fling **** at the wall

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
View attachment 246420

It's so bad. Probably can't talk about it in detail in the open for a few months but holy hell it's bad.
Geez, really? I thought they would've sided with the Pokémon Company. And I also don't know how much Nintendo would say or care since their ownership over Pokémon is weird.

(Which btw is where people should put most of their frustrations since Pokémon corporate are the ones who decide the yearly game releases. Though I do wish Game Freak would actually hire more developers.)

So if you can't share any specifics, can you at least say if you think the future of Pokémon releases will change? Like do you think the Pokémon machine will keep up its pattern and go along as usual, or do you think this situation will throw a cog in the machine and reevaluation will possibly occur?

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I still check the site on occasion, look at the articles, look for leaks on other game boards (come on MUA3 where’s the XMen pack), and sometimes I like to check the cesspool that is smashfaqs to get a consensus of another side of the fandom. Ive never posted there and never plan to.

Also those old text guides on the site are surprisingly useful sometimes

Dynamic Worlok

How is what I suggested to do comparable to getting legitimately angry and flooding real complaints to devs in anyway, shape, or form?
I consider both to be childish, and a waste of time. That's about the extent of it. Feel free to keep ignoring how you threw a blanket accusation at everyone in the thread, however.

EDIT: allow me to be more specific, I interpret your scenario as people legitimately harassing devs. However, these people are not owed our satisfaction. They create a product for us to purchase and consume. We are allowed to be open when we are dissatisfied.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Fan feedback is the reason why this game is what it is at all. Writing an email to Nintendo saying you're unhappy about something is your right as a consumer.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I consider both to be childish, and a waste of time. That's about the extent of it. Feel free to keep ignoring how you threw a blanket accusation at everyone in the thread, however.
Ok fine, I probably did it without even realizing it. I’ll take full responsibility for that.

I still think angrily calling just because your most wanted didn’t get in is wrong though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geez, really? I thought they would've sided with the Pokémon Company. And I also don't know how much Nintendo would say or care since their ownership over Pokémon is weird.

(Which btw is where people should put most of their frustrations since they're the ones who decide the yearly game releases. Though I do wish Game Freak would actually hire more developers.)

So if you can't share any specifics, can you at least say if you think the future of Pokémon releases will change? Like do you think the Pokémon machine will keep up its pattern and go along as usual, or do you think this situation will throw a cog in the machine and reevaluation will possibly occur?
The sheer amount of things that have gone public should give you an idea on how bad it is:

-Nintendo's allowing people to cancel pre-orders.

-Nintendo's cancelling events around the world surrounding the game.

-Pokedex has legit been leaked 4-5 times since May.

-GameFreak's morale is in the toilet and employees are regularly harassed by fans.

-Nintendo has placed a super strict embargo on reviews.

Again, this is just the public stuff.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

(Which btw is where people should put most of their frustrations since they're the ones who decide the yearly game releases. Though I do wish Game Freak would actually hire more developers.)

I really hope this is a hard blow not only for Game Freak but also for The Pokemon Company and they learn from this mistake so they won't make mistakes like this again in the future

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well I don't know why Nintendo is so attune to what we do online in the past year all the sudden but ok. I'm really glad they don't think it's exclusively about the national dex thing though because dear lord I saw someone post a cutscene in a discord and it looked like someone's college project in source filmmaker. The game probably isn't going to bomb but I don't think it will do nearly as well as they were hoping for initially.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Ok fine, I probably did it without even realizing it. I’ll take full responsibility for that.

I still think angrily calling just because your most wanted didn’t get in is wrong though.
Why? How else are they supposed to know what you want as a person who buys their products? They have feedback lines for a reason and based on the stuff FMOI is saying it's a good thing people did speak up because Nintendo was hilariously out of touch with the wants of the Smash community.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nintendo/Game Freak has never experienced this level of blow back with a Pokemon game before. I don't blame them for thinking the series was indestructible. I mean, it still is. But, I think they are going to be more careful in the future. A bunch of people whiteknighting on Twitter isn't going to make up for a bunch of lost sales.

Like, I think the reason Nintendo has cracked down on leaks with S&S is because the amount of people that were defending all the cuts are seeing them and jumping off the hype train. The leaked information isn't pretty. And Game Freak/Nintendo knows it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom