• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
In the least specific way as possible I would like to say that it's frustrating that certain points of conversation can be shut down and warnings can be issued for very minor things that happen in this thread yet there is a clear example of someone borderline flaming and trying to incite a raid on another site and it's absolute crickets.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You know what, if anybody else gets Sword/Shield, I want to do some online battles at some point. I think it'd be kind of fun. I know what I'm naming my Impidimp. *Wink wink, nudge nudge.*

The joke is that Geno's a gremlin

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Hey Fatman, I was just curious; where would you personally put the chances of smash getting an indie rep before the support has ended?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
You're getting my words twisted. In my original comment I never said "they don't care about hearing requests" I said "they're not interested in hearing requests," there's a big difference between the two. What I also said was that they probably didn't care about the Grinch Leak over in Japan since it probably didn't affect them. I wasn't bloody saying they hate fan request this time around, I'm saying they don't care for the Grinch Leak so that's not going to be a deciding factor for Sakurai to chose characters. Sakurai ain't going to be "well a bunch of people in the west fell for this leak thinking it was real, I guess we can make Season 2 of DLC and take this leak into considerations," it's going to be more like "What? People in the west fell for that leak and they called the Grinch Leak? That's really weird, but oh well. There's no need to look at it for consideration of DLC."

Aw i see. Well for that i humbly apologize. I thought this was just another big sakuari does not care thing you usually post. It just that im used to those post so i thought it was just the same thing again. I hope you can forgive me.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
In the least specific way as possible I would like to say that it's frustrating that certain points of conversation can be shut down and warnings can be issued for very minor things that happen in this thread yet there is a clear example of someone borderline flaming and trying to incite a raid on another site and it's absolute crickets.
“Sigh”

I have no intention of flaming this thread. I just found some of the stances took to be very questionable imo. If I did, I wouldn’t have corrected myself a couple of times.

The whole “raid” thing I thought of before I came to this thread, and then I saw some posts that rubbed me the wrong way afterwards. I wouldn’t even call that a raid in my books, I just thought it would be a funny prank to do for this thread and to entertain everyone here. Idk why people are so upset about the latter

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
All this talk about 'We should not raid other places, we are better than this' I get it. We are...but here me out.

Can we at least agree that if/when Geno gets in, some of us should head over to 4chan and leave humble posts?

For example: "Hey 4chan! Thanks for coming over and supporting Geno. It means a lot." Since they CONSTANTLY link our page when our resident Fatman shares some juicy info.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I support any high road approach to anything.

“Kill them with kindness” is better than “stooping down to their level” all day, every day.

The reality is most of the Geno hate would die down if he gets in and find it’s way to someone else.

“Geno’s not bad. Actually, you know who would suck and be terrible in smash, ‘X’ or ‘Y’.” - GameFaqs, Reddit, 4chan.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
All this talk about 'We should not raid other places, we are better than this' I get it. We are...but here me out.

Can we at least agree that if/when Geno gets in, some of us should head over to 4chan and leave humble posts?

For example: "Hey 4chan! Thanks for coming over and supporting Geno. It means a lot." Since they CONSTANTLY link our page when our resident Fatman shares some juicy info.
That's an interesting way to spell GameFAQS.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Aw i see. Well for that i humbly apologize. I thought this was just another big sakuari does not care thing you usually post. It just that im used to those post so i thought it was just the same thing again. I hope you can forgive me.
It's alright.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That's an interesting way to spell GameFAQS.
I just remember one instance where we had a lot of guests viewing us. I forget what the context was (Something Geno obviously), but later someone found that 4chan linked to our page with the words "GO NOW! MAKE FUN OF THEM!"

This would be my only reason to want to do a humble brag. Anyways, I am dropping this subject. I just want to see Kirby with a Geno hat.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I just remember one instance where we had a lot of guests viewing us. I forget what the context was (Something Geno obviously), but later someone found that 4chan linked to our page with the words "GO NOW! MAKE FUN OF THEM!"

This would be my only reason to want to do a humble brag. Anyways, I am dropping this subject. I just want to see Kirby with a Geno hat.
Would Kirby just get the hat? I kinda wanna see Kirby get the cape too

D

Deleted member

GameFaqs is a strange bizzare place with even more bizzare strange people at times. My respect to them though. Their all cool.

If Geno gets in let's just thank them for the support for our favourute doll.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm still not sure how geno Kirby is going to work. The aesetics will iron out as the always do but since n b is likely to be geno beam I don't see what there going to do unless they have Kirbys hands unscrew lol.

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice

I understand you, but I wouldn't do anything that has the potencial to increase the hate against Geno/SMRPG. Maybe we can have more Smashs in future or other opportunities for Geno to appear in it. Maybe even a SMRPG remake or sequel? Who knows, it's better to keep things in our favor anyway.

Also, I would rather spend my time enjoying him, his stage, his musics and thanking Sakurai who is away more important than 4chan.

T2by4

Smash Lord
The takeaway isn't Geno's a lock, the takeaway is that it's a stark contrast from a year ago. Around this time last year most people wanted to pack it in because there was literally just Sabi's NoA source saying "yeah, I've heard Geno from several people at work" going for him but now it's considerably more optimistic and with much more supporting evidence. "I lived, *****"- Geno 2019.
Kind of wish we heard more from one person about how good his chances are. You seem extremely confident, but you're the only one I've noticed that feels that way. Nobody else has come out and vouched which is why i still have my heavy doubts at this time.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Kind of wish we heard more from one person about how good his chances are. You seem extremely confident, but you're the only one I've noticed that feels that way. Nobody else has come out and vouched which is why i still have my heavy doubts at this time.
He has said other insiders he talks with says geno chances are really good. I feel like no one else like sabi says this is because they are mainly focused on leaking stuff then speculating. Fatman on the other hand hears info but uses it to speculate so it probably the reason why he is the one who talks about geno the most. Besides someone like papa genos.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He has said other insiders he talks with says geno chances are really good. I feel like no one else like sabi says this is because they are mainly focused on leaking stuff then speculating. Fatman on the other hand hears info but uses it to speculate so it probably the reason why he is the one who talks about geno the most. Besides someone like papa genos.
Heck, you can see 'em floating around, too. I believe Ryce and everyone from GameXplain finds Geno extremely likely. Of course, they're simply speculating like the rest of us, but it is nice to see that people with an inside look have confidence in Geno again.

D

Deleted member

Heck, you can see 'em floating around, too. I believe Ryce and everyone from GameXplain finds Geno extremely likely. Of course, they're simply speculating like the rest of us, but it is nice to see that people with an inside look have confidence in Geno again.
Even Ryce thinks Geno is likely?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Since Sora was on topic:

Let's say Geno and Sora are competing directly for a spot. (Which, I mean' c'mon.) Who do you have your money on?

A) a character whose claim is skewed between the likes of Square Enix and Disney

or

B) a character whose claim is skewed between Square Enix and Nintendo

C'mon, like...
C'MON! :ultfalcon:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So what route do you all think they are going to take for Geno's reveal trailer?

Do you think they are going to do this awesome battle sequence where Geno drops from the sky to save his best friends from an onslaught of evil spirit clones.

or

Geno gets off a bus and says "Sorry I'm late! I overslept 23 years. Is my invitation still good?"

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So what route do you all think they are going to take for Geno's reveal trailer?

Do you think they are going to do this awesome battle sequence where Geno drops from the sky to save his best friends from an onslaught of evil spirit clones.

or

Geno gets off a bus and says "Sorry I'm late! I overslept 23 years. Is my invitation still good?"
I think only the Fighter Pass characters are getting proper trailers. We'll get something Cloud-esque I think.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

or

Both

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Is this based on a statement from Sakurai I missed, or just an assumption?
Sakurai said it costs a lot of money to make trailers, and he's said (although jokingly) that they've run low on their budget. It's not unlikely that future trailers will be more similar to Terry's or Cloud's with much lower production cost.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I would prefer more game themed reveals. That would be pretty cool.
Geno's reveal trailer has all the Square Enix-created Super Mario RPG characters trying to grab the Smash invitation, before finally ending with Exor grabbing it... then Geno hits him with a Geno Whirl, inflicting 9999 damage, and grabs the invitation instead.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
If only the FP are getting CGI trailers then I kind of hope whatever is going to end the FP has a tease of the currently planned post-FP characters like silhouettes or something. A trailer made to be a more SMRPG in-game style would be cool but I want to see a CGI Geno.

D

Deleted member

I support any high road approach to anything.

“Kill them with kindness” is better than “stooping down to their level” all day, every day.

The reality is most of the Geno hate would die down if he gets in and find it’s way to someone else.

“Geno’s not bad. Actually, you know who would suck and be terrible in smash, ‘X’ or ‘Y’.” - GameFaqs, Reddit, 4chan.
This. The Smash community always downplay and complain about characters and once that character is in Smash, they will shut up about it and move on to the next.

“Ridley is just a meme, stop asking about him!”

“King K. Rool is irrelevant, Dixie should be in!”

“Incineroar has a horrible design, why not Decidueye or Lycanroc?”

“Banjo is from a dead franchise and Nintendo would easily go for Minecraft! LOL”

“Erdrick is just another anime swordsman”

“Terry is literally Ken with a hat!”

Once Geno comes, the haters will quietly lick his boots despite being “irrelevant one off side character” because they may find him fun to play as. So yeah, the haters are not worth listening to at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom