• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Ok fine, I probably did it without even realizing it. I’ll take full responsibility for that.

I still think angrily calling just because your most wanted didn’t get in is wrong though.
I agree, blowing up NoA's phones isn't really going to solve anything and just makes you look like an ass. However, consumer feedback is necessary for making a more desirable product. I vehemently disagree with people that think they should harass the game devs over it. But I also disagree with the people that say that we've no right to voice our dissatisfaction and should just be happy with what we get. I can understand that sentiment if we're recieving a gift or a free product. but this is something we trade our hard earned money for, and we are, I believe, entitled to our money's worth.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The sheer amount of things that have gone public should give you an idea on how bad it is:

-Nintendo's allowing people to cancel pre-orders.

-Nintendo's cancelling events around the world surrounding the game.

-Pokedex has legit been leaked 4-5 times since May.

-GameFreak's morale is in the toilet and employees are regularly harassed by fans.

-Nintendo has placed a super strict embargo on reviews.

Again, this is just the public stuff.
Wow this is getting crazy. Hope when all the dust settles you can tell us all about this story too.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The sheer amount of things that have gone public should give you an idea on how bad it is:

-Nintendo's allowing people to cancel pre-orders.

-Nintendo's cancelling events around the world surrounding the game.

-Pokedex has legit been leaked 4-5 times since May.

-GameFreak's morale is in the toilet and employees are regularly harassed by fans.

-Nintendo has placed a super strict embargo on reviews.

Again, this is just the public stuff.
Right right. I just didn't know if this would even effect anything in the future, since Game Freak recently repeated how they won't be retracing the National Dex cut and how this will likely be the future of the series (doesn't give me hope they'll change).
I really hope this is a hard blow not only for Game Freak but also for The Pokemon Company and they learn from this mistake so they won't make mistakes like this again in the future
You know, same. Developers should ABSOLUTELY not be harrassed, but, Pokémon has so much potential that is unused. Sword & Shield didn't have to be Pokémon's version of Breath of the Wild, but my lord, as Pokémon'a first mainline foray into the console space... this is just disappointing. Pokémon games need to take more time in the oven (like 3D Mario and Zelda games). The problem is that Pokémon hates the idea of their next game upstaging the other (no joke). That's why they cut features like following Pokémon, Battle Frontier, etc., because if they added those all in at once and expanded upon them, they feel that the old games will become obsolete. What people who criticize the National Dex outcries don't understand is that people are complaining because Game Freak cited more effort being added to the games as a result of the cut. But clearly that's not the case. At least not the amount of effort seen by utting over half of existing Pokémon.
*sigh* It just sucks that Pokémon is this way.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
You know, i'm seeing a lot of projecting in this thread and...

I don't like it, not one bit.

We are Geno fans.

We are Isaac fans.

We are Shadow fans.

We are whatever character you want that got deconfirmed fans.

But that does NOT mean we called Nintendo after the November Direct and said "hey, **** you. You didn't add Isaac to Smash Bros. I REPEAT, **** YOU. ****YOU****YOU****YOU"

Sure, I was sad that Isaac was an Assist Trophy. I was sad that over 10 years of dedicated fan support and love amounted to a snowglobe prison. But you know what? I sat down, took a break from Smash speculation for a good while, and got better by the end of it.

I'm sure most of us are old enough to realize that harassing Nintendo of America would do nothing either way aside from making an innocent employee's day worse.

This is the exact same type of case with Waluigi where there were like two numb nuts who harassed Sakurai with dumb memes, so as a result everyone started ****ting on the entire Waluigi fanbase and acting like whoever supported the character deserved to go to hell.

That is absolutely pathetic and people who think that way are really no better than the bad apples who committed the bad acts themselves.

Do NOT homogenize a character's entire fanbase with a few bad apples who couldn't control their angsty tempers. It is not cool, not cool at all.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in since everyone else is.

Don't harass the devs, it's a waste of time and makes you look like an ass.
In fact nintendo and practically every other sensible company has gone out of there way to provide places for any and all feedback to be sent to, so if you want to make your voice heard you literally have the opportunity gift wrapped for you. Directing it to anywhere else is a colossal waste of time because that's not where they are set up to receive it and you will accomplish nothing but to annoy people.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
It's sad that some people aren't able to separate bad apples from the bunch. I felt bad for Waluigi fans having to experience that.

Every fandom has bad eggs. It isn't fair to let those bad eggs color your entire perception of the basket.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why? How else are they supposed to know what you want as a person who buys their products? They have feedback lines for a reason and based on the the stuff FMOI is saying it's a good thing people did speak up because Nintendo was hilariously out of touch with the wants of the Smash community.
Key word, “angrily”.

Unless you are ok with receptionists working 9 to 5 jobs getting cursed out on the phone for no reason?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 246420

It's so bad. Probably can't talk about it in detail in the open for a few months but holy hell it's bad.
If the fans don’t get TPC to change back to how they used to be with game releases, I hope Nintendo does, and that Game Freak gets convinced to hire more people/TPC gives them a larger budget assuming the annual releases isn’t the only problem. As someone planning to still play the games and enjoy the new Pokémon, characters, story, and whatever, and while I still appreciate Game Freak, the stuff that has come out about the games has me very concerned and the dip in quality is frankly bullcrap, even if it still looks fun.

Heck, someone’s reply on twitter made me realize Pokémon doesn’t even get spinoff games anymore, aside from the mobile ones. They need to bring those back, too; they could be fun and keep people satisfied between main game releases.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Most people have echoed my sentiments on the matter. Harassing game devs and any involved persons is the WORST way to go about things. Vocally expressing criticism and explaining, without a load of ad hominem, why you have problems with a game is the way to go. Our voices shouldn't be stifled, but they shouldn't be doled out with nothing but abrasion and hate.

Our voices have been loud and clear with Operation Starfall, and in a very positive light, at that. I'm sure our large book made people at Nintendo smile, because it was just so heartfelt and full of appreciation. THAT is how you express what you desire.

That said, hooooowee, SwSh's launch has been a massive mess and the games aren't even actually launched yet.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Story time later. Want to talk about stuff that happened last year that Sabi's NoA source shared with me about how Nintendo handled the Grinch Leak. At first it was kind of a cheap laugh but now that Banjo's in and Geno's MIA, I've come to realize that the Grinch Leak was a weird blessing in disguise.
With all due respect, this ain’t it chief.

I’ve read your posts over the past day or so. And correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me like you are spinning all of the harassment/hate NOA got from angered fans into “oh, this could help Genos chances! The entire ordeal will help us in the future!”

Don’t you think you could be indirectly inciting more people into doing the same thing? And how do you know all of that wouldn’t hurt any of their chances? Could be another Waluigi situation, you know (Where the hate/harassment decreases a characters chances).

Griselda

Smash Lord
Right right. I just didn't know if this would even effect anything in the future, since Game Freak recently repeated how they won't be retracing the National Dex cut and how this will likely be the future of the series (doesn't give me hope they'll change).

You know, same. Developers should ABSOLUTELY not be harrassed, but, Pokémon has so much potential that is unused. Sword & Shield didn't have to be Pokémon's version of Breath of the Wild, but my lord, as Pokémon'a first mainline foray into the console space... this is just disappointing. Pokémon games need to take more time in the oven (like 3D Mario and Zelda games). The problem is that Pokémon hates the idea of their next game upstaging the other (no joke). That's why they cut features like following Pokémon, Battle Frontier, etc., because if they added those all in at once and expanded upon them, they feel that the old games will become obsolete. What people who criticize the National Dex outcries don't understand is that people are complaining because Game Freak cited more effort being added to the games as a result of the cut. But clearly that's not the case. At least not the amount of effort seen by utting over half of existing Pokémon.
*sigh* It just sucks that Pokémon is this way.
It's funny you bring up BoTW while talking about missed potential - BoTW itself is a pretty flawed game that just reeks of potential for it to have been more than what it was. It's a more than decent game, on its own, but as a Zelda game - and the Zelda game that was meant to replace the series' previous conventions and gameplay, no less, it doesn't quite cut it. The abundance of copy/pasted elements as well as the entire weapon durability system tell the tale of a development that spent a little too much time building its physics engine and not enough on the game itself. But since we've been on the topic of Nintendo listening to feedback and reacting accordingly, I personally feel pretty good about BoTW 2 being a better and more fleshed-out experience, overall.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Not true actually. The tweet said they did not want people to spam Nintendo or his twitter with request not that they did not care for requests. Stop trying to spread misinformation.
That's what I said. They weren't interested in hearing request for characters. "It’s great to dream about your favorite character joining the battle and I appreciate your passion, but please try to stay on topic when replying to tweets and refrain from flooding us, and other users, with requests when we're not specifically asking for feedback. Thank you!"
Right there, they're not interested in hearing requests since DLC was already decided at the time. I'm not spreading misinformation.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
To be fair; I think calling in to voice dissatisfaction is totally within a persons rights. Hell; if they didn't, Nintendo would have had no idea how upset the assist trophy-ing made Isaac fans and it helped them see how much demand there actually was.

Although on the other hand, maybe people should just stick to meme-ing on SaS and not buying it. That's plenty enough effective to get a message through,

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Gotta give probs to the mad lad who sacrificed themselves so that more people didn't fooled into buying by nintendo's information blackout tactic. I mean they kinda brought it on themselves by making such an absurd blunder like not blanking out their info but still.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
By the way, I REALLY want to avoid spoilers for SwSh, but I want to know if the exp. share really can't be turned off at all. If anyone doesn't care about spoilers and can find out for certain (I've heard people have access to the game already via cracked copies and such) I'd really appreciate it. It's kinda the most important thing to me, because a brain-dead game I can't make more challenging is not gonna be fun.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Personally, The dex cuts never mattered to me at all. I never "catch 'em all" in any game and I have no attachment to any pokemon, so...*shrug*. If that was the only issue I'd have no qualms buying the game.

What's kind of concerning me about the game is the open world. I'm always skeptical of large open worlds in games tbh, as I guess I'm not as into the idea as others, and whatever games I've played with them have always eventually turned very tedious and painfully bacmntracky. hell, while I did enjoy Breath of the Wild, even that game felt that way and I eventually got bored of playing it after finishing the story. So with all that said, I was always skeptical to how gamefreak/TPC would handle it considering they were really only familiar with handheld stuff IIRC, and yeah, looks like my concerns may have come true. Another thing that kind of kill me interest in SwSh, if leaks are true is
The difficulty. Apparently SwSh is (somehow( easier than the previous games, and that's really saying something. one thing that always bothered me was how only the pokemon champions would have 6 pokemon and everyone else would have less, many times only having 2 or 3. yet in SwSh Even the Champion might only have, luike, 4 I think. Damn I get that they probably want to appeal to young'uns and whatnot but they could atleast add a hardmode...

that said, I've never been THAT huge of a Pokemon fan, and never considered Pokmeon a high priority to buy, so it's probably easier for me to skip a Pokemon game

Still, while I think it's fine to criticize SwSh (as it's should be fine to criticize anything), and while I get why some would be upset and concerned over things, I'm still not a fan of all the toxicity that has occurred over SwSh. Whether it be all the harassment towards GameFreak/TPC employees or the treatment towards other pokemon fans, because heaven forbid some people maybe still want the game and maybe aren't as bothered by some issues as others.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Most people have echoed my sentiments on the matter. Harassing game devs and any involved persons is the WORST way to go about things. Vocally expressing criticism and explaining, without a load of ad hominem, why you have problems with a game is the way to go. Our voices shouldn't be stifled, but they shouldn't be doled out with nothing but abrasion and hate.

Our voices have been loud and clear with Operation Starfall, and in a very positive light, at that. I'm sure our large book made people at Nintendo smile, because it was just so heartfelt and full of appreciation. THAT is how you express what you desire.

That said, hooooowee, SwSh's launch has been a massive mess and the games aren't even actually launched yet.
It's funny to look at SwSh and think that anyone should feel that we deserve something more out of Ultimate at this point. This game is huge, the workings of a nine year old me's olvatine fueled fever dreams. Sure, I signed Starfall's letter. But aside from wholesome efforts to usher a character into Smash Bros. Stardom, I really just be coasting out hurr. Development could cease tomorrow and we'd still be working with a game that's galaxies away from the one we deserve.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I’ve read your posts over the past day or so. And correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me like you are spinning all of the harassment/hate NOA got from angered fans into “oh, this could help Genos chances! The entire ordeal will help us in the future!”

Don’t you think you could be indirectly inciting more people into doing the same thing? And how do you know all of that wouldn’t hurt any of their chances? Could be another Waluigi situation, you know (Where the hate/harassment decreases a characters chances).
So you literally just come here to bait people eh?

Thank christ for the ignore feature

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
By the way, I REALLY want to avoid spoilers for SwSh, but I want to know if the exp. share really can't be turned off at all. If anyone doesn't care about spoilers and can find out for certain (I've heard people have access to the game already via cracked copies and such) I'd really appreciate it. It's kinda the most important thing to me, because a brain-dead game I can't make more challenging is not gonna be fun.
Last I checked it can't be turned off, see people compare it to let's go's quite a lot

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I'm pretty sure nothing fatman has said has been an incitement or an endorsement of people's bad behavior. Do you intend to guilt everyone who tries to see a positive outcome of the whole grinch debacle?

D

Deleted member

So Game Freak and Pokemon Sword and Shield huh? Yeah figured this pop up other places eventually. Not just the Lycanroc, Zacian:Zamazenta, Sobble, Scorbunny support threads ECT.

I love Pokemon always have always will one of my Favorite game series, along with Super Mario, and Super Smash Bros. I like Galar, the Dynamax, even Sobble's final evolved form is a favorite Pokemon of mine.

But offering little to no change, having the game look like a 3DS port, not being able to have every Pokemon available. Plus it being essentially the same game is just disappointing..

Yes we shouldn't harass the developers. But criticism is warranted here. I think Game Freak really needs to change a lot of stuff up. I feel bad if they were bugged to the point of misery they don't deserve that. But please try and change these games up a bit.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter you'll ether like Sword and Shield or hate it. Like I said I like it. The people that don't or don't want it or entitled to their opinion and I agree with a lot of their points.

Last edited by a moderator:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
That's what I said. They weren't interested in hearing request for characters. "It’s great to dream about your favorite character joining the battle and I appreciate your passion, but please try to stay on topic when replying to tweets and refrain from flooding us, and other users, with requests when we're not specifically asking for feedback. Thank you!"
Right there, they're not interested in hearing requests since DLC was already decided at the time. I'm not spreading misinformation.
Its not that they dont care about request. You have to remember that sakurai is a human as well and does not want to see smash request every single day especially if the tweet is not smash related. Just because they dont want to see request all the time does not mean they dont care so stop acting like it does. A good example was back in november sakurai was paying respect to the Japanese voice of incinaroar but the comments were full of smash request and hate. It clear that getting a bunch of request can get annoying but that does not mean sakurai hate request at all it just mean they dont want to be spammed all the time. Stop trying to say they hate fans request when is has been pretty clear that they dont.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'm not inciting anything. I'm recanting how things went down and pointing out how the event possibly triggered other events that could affect the future. I've already explained in agonizing detail that even without this, Geno's chances would still be great. It's just an amusing anecdote. I don't know if it played any real role in deciding Geno's fate. I brought it up for the sake of speculation because, again, it's kind of ironic given how about a year ago things were super serious and it was a struggle to convince the Geno fanbase to not totally disband. It's a "things suck now but maybe we'll be laughing about it later" sort of thing and the Grinch Leak has kind of turned into that for Geno and Banjo fans.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So you literally just come here to bait people eh?

Thank christ for the ignore feature
How am I baiting in anyway?

I just disagree with what he was potentially implying.

And if I was here to troll, I wouldn’t have corrected one of my previous statements earlier.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'm not inciting anything. I'm recanting how things went down and pointing out how the event possibly triggered other events that could affect the future. I've already explained in agonizing detail that even without this, Geno's chances would still be great. It's just an amusing anecdote. I don't know if it played any real role in deciding Geno's fate. I brought it up for the sake of speculation because, again, it's kind of ironic given how about a year ago things were super serious and it was a struggle to convince the Geno fanbase to not totally disband. It's a "things suck now but maybe we'll be laughing about it later" sort of thing and the Grinch Leak has kind of turned into that for Geno and Banjo fans.
Banjo fans I completely understand. They eventually got the last laugh.

But Geno hasn’t been confirmed yet. For all we know, he still could get Mii Costume’d and Sora could take his spot. So why are you lumping him in that category?

(Double posted by accident, sorry bout that everyone.)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It cannot be turned off, yes. Also, much like Sun & Moon before it, your team gets healed rather frequently. One such example is very late into the game and is every bit as insulting as you'd think it is.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I may get destroyed for this but... I like Sword/Shield.
Don't get me wrong, it looks awful in terms of what it should be, but I'm loving the Pokemon. People have been complaining about them but some of the regional variants and stuff are really good references and I love them to death.
I unfortunately have to relinquish Duns (my Dunsparce) for this game which I may have on launch so...I'm in the minority?

Ovaltine

Smash Master

But Geno hasn’t been confirmed yet. For all we know, he still could get Mii Costume’d and Sora could take his spot. So why are you lumping him in that category?

Okay, you gotta stop right there.

If Sora gets in, he would NOT be taking 'Geno's spot'. I just plain don't believe in 'slot-taking' period. If a character gets in, they get in, and if another character doesn't, they simply were not in the cards. Banjo-Kazooie didn't take Steve's or Chief's spot. Joker's didn't take Shadow's. They were just not in the plans, bar none.

Along with that, Sora is mostly (albeit not entirely) Disney. Yeah, he's a hybrid, but he's still pretty damn separate from Geno. The only way he'd be a death knell to Geno is if the costume came alongside him. Even then, I wouldn't take it as Sora 'taking his spot'. They just had plans for Sora and happened to not have plans for Geno, so they put the costume there. If they had plans for both, they'd both get in without one taking another's spot. It's as simple as that.

Inciting character wars over 'slots' is the bane of the freaking Smash community... or, err, ONE of the banes of it. All it serves to do is stir a load of toxicity, which is kinda funny to see when you're upset about toxicity on one end, then desiring to stir the pot on another (GameFAQs raids and all that rofl). It's ridiculous. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't condone individual harassment but to a certain extent, people should out and **** on a company if they feel like they've pulled some sketchy ****. Corporations are not people, after all and I've never felt the need to "go easy" on a company that deserves their criticism. But maybe I'm too hard or whatever lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

The takeaway isn't Geno's a lock, the takeaway is that it's a stark contrast from a year ago. Around this time last year most people wanted to pack it in because there was literally just Sabi's NoA source saying "yeah, I've heard Geno from several people at work" going for him but now it's considerably more optimistic and with much more supporting evidence. "I lived, *****"- Geno 2019.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Okay, you gotta stop right there.

If Sora gets in, he would NOT be taking 'Geno's spot'. I just plain don't believe in 'slot-taking' period. If a character gets in, they get in, and if another character doesn't, they simply were not in the cards. Banjo-Kazooie didn't take Steve's or Chief's spot. Joker's didn't take Shadow's. They were just not in the plans, bar none.

Along with that, Sora is mostly (albeit not entirely) Disney. Yeah, he's a hybrid, but he's still pretty damn separate from Geno. The only way he'd be a death knell to Geno is if the costume came alongside him. Even then, I wouldn't take it as Sora 'taking his spot'. They just had plans for Sora and happened to not have plans for Geno, so they put the costume there. If they had plans for both, they'd both get in without one taking another's spot. It's as simple as that.

Inciting character wars over 'slots' is the bane of the freaking Smash community... or, err, ONE of the banes of it. All it serves to do is stir a load of toxicity, which is kinda funny to see when you're upset about toxicity on one end, then desiring to stir the pot on another (GameFAQs raids and all that rofl). It's ridiculous. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
Poor choice of words, I’ll admit.

I was just speaking hypothetically, that is all.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Dude, none of us could control the Grinch leak, and none of us encouraged Nintendo harassment. I thought I already made it quite clear that we all know doing that does nothing aside from ruffle an employee's feathers. While I see where you're coming from a distance away, you're making it seem like we encourage this behavior when we don't.

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, it looks awful in terms of what it should be, but I'm loving the Pokemon. People have been complaining about them but some of the regional variants and stuff are really good references and I love them to death.
I unfortunately have to relinquish Duns (my Dunsparce) for this game which I may have on launch so...I'm in the minority?
No I like a lot of them too. And am excited about the games. I mean some of them are whoa yikes. But consindering we have Pokemon like Trubbish, Garbodor and the Vanllite line their not the worst looking things ether. So in general yeah pretty excited about Galar and it's Pokemon myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Sword/Shield, too, and didn’t mind the Dex cut, but the new stuff that has come out has drained some of my hype not gonna lie. I’m still looking forward to playing the game and having some fun, experiencing the new Pokémon (I like them all), characters (I’ve liked them all so far as well), and story.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
When it comes to grinch leak stuff, I dunno. While people talk about how promoting AT characters could open a pandora's box of sorts, I could potentially see promoting some Grinch characters but not others as one too?

To be honest, while I have nothing against Mach Rider or Chorus kids and obviously don't have anything against Geno, if those 3 characters got promoted and Isaac didn't (Isaac being my most wanted), it would probably rub me the wrong way.

if only Geno got in but not Mach rider and Chorus kids then that would be fine, since at that point it would be easy to think that plenty of other factors may have contributed Geno's inclusion outside the Grinch leak, but throwing the other 2 non-ATs in there? yeah...

(Not that I think Mach Rider or Chorus Kids are coming, just kind of speaking hypothetically I guess or I guess find it iffy how Sakurai would be against opening on pandora's box but be okay with opening another one)

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
It's funny you bring up BoTW while talking about missed potential - BoTW itself is a pretty flawed game that just reeks of potential for it to have been more than what it was. It's a more than decent game, on its own, but as a Zelda game - and the Zelda game that was meant to replace the series' previous conventions and gameplay, no less, it doesn't quite cut it. The abundance of copy/pasted elements as well as the entire weapon durability system tell the tale of a development that spent a little too much time building its physics engine and not enough on the game itself. But since we've been on the topic of Nintendo listening to feedback and reacting accordingly, I personally feel pretty good about BoTW 2 being a better and more fleshed-out experience, overall.
Regardless whether or not you or I like Breath of the Wild, the developers' ambitions for the game were undeniable. There is a clear distinction in the effort put into Super Mario Odyssey as well as Breath of the Wild, and Pokémon SwSh. My point is that there is a clear lack of ambition in SwSh, and if that is due to time constrains, then that strict timetable needs to be reevaluated.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Its not that they dont care about request. You have to remember that sakurai is a human as well and does not want to see smash request every single day especially if the tweet is not smash related. Just because they dont want to see request all the time does not mean they dont care so stop acting like it does. A good example was back in november sakurai was paying respect to the Japanese voice of incinaroar but the comments were full of smash request and hate. It clear that getting a bunch of request can get annoying but that does not mean sakurai hate request at all it just mean they dont want to be spammed all the time. Stop trying to say they hate fans request when is has been pretty clear that they dont.
You're getting my words twisted. In my original comment I never said "they don't care about hearing requests" I said "they're not interested in hearing requests," there's a big difference between the two. What I also said was that they probably didn't care about the Grinch Leak over in Japan since it probably didn't affect them. I wasn't bloody saying they hate fan request this time around, I'm saying they don't care for the Grinch Leak so that's not going to be a deciding factor for Sakurai to chose characters. Sakurai ain't going to be "well a bunch of people in the west fell for this leak thinking it was real, I guess we can make Season 2 of DLC and take this leak into considerations," it's going to be more like "What? People in the west fell for that leak and they called the Grinch Leak? That's really weird, but oh well. There's no need to look at it for consideration of DLC."

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I feel like you don't have to worry about Mach Rider getting promoted. That was a pretty "The Grinch Leak" thing. People were cool with her, but their wasn't a very sturdy fanbase like Shadow, Isaac or even the Chorus Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom