• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
:ultness::ultpit::ultrob::ultpiranha::ultjigglypuff:
Anyone else find it real suspicious that after all the posts sabi made about determining the legitimacy of the mii costumes and now all of the sudden they're all like "cant wait to find out what's at the TGA's ;)) teehee x3"
Are they actually going to make us watch the game awards?

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
If there is a reveal at the VGAs, then I don't really understand why they would reveal a character at the VGAs two years in a row unless Smash Ultimate wins some type of award (which is probably likely).

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If there is a reveal at the VGAs, then I don't really understand why they would reveal a character at the VGAs two years in a row unless Smash Ultimate wins some type of award (which is probably likely).
Well, it is the highest-selling fighting game of all time now, so it would be pretty improbable for Smash to *not* get one.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The same reason they would reveal a character at events like E3. It's a big showcase. And since it is likely they will win something, it's even more fitting.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
GX gets into a very strange habit whereby if they know something, they really half-ass their analysis of it, including trying to obfuscate their reasoning as to why it's fake and downplay why it might be real, then they get mad and indignant when people tell them as much.
Nailed it. It's definitely the elephant in the room. People know they're connected. Other insiders talk about it all the time but, on that same note, it's also known that they're so deep in Nintendo's pocket that they might as well be a baby kangaroo. I've noticed that it's kind of a sore topic but Nintendo's kind of more chummy with GameExplain then it is a lot of their ambassadors.

D

Deleted member

Im just upset that the VGAs are on a thursday. Like really? Why a thursday
Seriously? Can nothing be convenient? First Terry's presentation is at the asscrack of dawn and now the VGAs are gonna run until nearly 1 in the morning on a week night?

In other speculation themed conversation: was there ever any follow-up on that rigmarole from the Vishera Games discord? Did they contact or provide any proof about the two modders who had "definitely made this leak"? Genuinely curious, since every potential debunk needs to be looked at seriously and considered true until "proven" false if we don't want to fall into a Grinch-tier self made trap again. I don't want to look back on this and have to say "well in hindsight..." like with that one.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Nailed it. It's definitely the elephant in the room. People know they're connected. Other insiders talk about it all the time but, on that same note, it's also known that they're so deep in Nintendo's pocket that they might as well be a baby kangaroo. I've noticed that it's kind of a sore topic but Nintendo's kind of more chummy with GameExplain then it is a lot of their ambassadors.
Did you see their latest video? They seem dead set on not thinking the leak is real because the costumes wern’t in the Terry video... i’m like....

C0BB7DEC-0A5B-4E1E-B5F5-BAD9627E3E11.jpeg

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess it's just a question of what they know. I mean, either way, I am sure Nintendo itself would tell them to say it's fake.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yea we’re getting a reveal at VGA
This could mean almost anything relating to video games - there are a LOT of announcements at the Game Awards, and Nintendo having some kind of announcement or presentation is extremely likely since (from what I've recall) they've had one every year, or at least every year for the past few years.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be a Smash announcement. The timing seems to work out (especially since there's usually a few months between a character's announcement and release, and the fifth Fighters Pass character is going to be released by February), but that doesn't guarantee it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seriously? Can nothing be convenient? First Terry's presentation is at the asscrack of dawn and now the VGAs are gonna run until nearly 1 in the morning on a week night?

In other speculation themed conversation: was there ever any follow-up on that rigmarole from the Vishera Games discord? Did they contact or provide any proof about the two modders who had "definitely made this leak"? Genuinely curious, since every potential debunk needs to be looked at seriously and considered true until "proven" false if we don't want to fall into a Grinch-tier self made trap again. I don't want to look back on this and have to say "well in hindsight..." like with that one.
No. They had a "hunch" about who did it but that's it. It was looked into in private and those two people were cleared very quickly. It's been asked that the names aren't made public so that those people don't get harassed despite their innocence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. They had a "hunch" about who did it but that's it. It was looked into in private and those two people were cleared very quickly. It's been asked that the names aren't made public so that those people don't get harassed despite their innocence.
Well, that's good news. I really want to keep seeing people try to debunk this one, and not just because it's funny that a lot of folks seem tone deaf to what makes it hard to pull off.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This could mean almost anything relating to video games - there are a LOT of announcements at the Game Awards, and Nintendo having some kind of announcement or presentation is extremely likely since (from what I've recall) they've had one every year, or at least every year for the past few years.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be a Smash announcement. The timing seems to work out (especially since there's usually a few months between a character's announcement and release, and the fifth Fighters Pass character is going to be released by February), but that doesn't guarantee it.
Honestly, if they just do a reveal in a direct, that'd be fine too, especially if it drops earlier than the game awards

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did you see their latest video? They seem dead set on not thinking the leak is real because the costumes wern’t in the Terry video... i’m like....

View attachment 245652
Lol! Seeing this image reminded me of Black Yoshi from Super Mario Logan for some reason. Probably because it's a Geno plush holding a gun lol! I could picture a episode of Super Mario Logan where Geno teams up with Black Yoshi to rob a bank lol!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Lol! Seeing this image reminded me of Black Yoshi from Super Mario Logan for some reason. Probably because it's a Geno plush holding a gun lol! I could picture a episode of Super Mario Logan where Geno teams up with Black Yoshi to rob a bank lol!
Oh Please, don't make me remember that channel. Black Yoshi is alright but the rest of the content from the channel onwards was annoying.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh Please, don't make me remember that channel. Black Yoshi is alright but the rest of the content from the channel onwards was annoying.
I stopped watching Logan's content about three years ago because every episode or two of the week was always about damn Jeffy. Man is his character annoying and tedious.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Here have some wholesomeness during these limbo times

18B2709D-1800-47A2-BB06-5D03EE80047E.jpeg

(Note: making memes on iPad sucks. Photoshop mix exports horrible quality lmao)

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Except Smash has been the biggest discourse this week with the mii hats bar none. This is Sabi whose been badgered over the legitimacy of the leak for the past few days. It’s pretty obvious she’s alluding Smash. I am so confident in this and FP5 being revealed at the VGAs that if it is not I will eat a raw carrot. And I hate raw carrots.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Maybe its because the VGAs score an incredible amount of viewership and hype each year? That its practically an E3 mini now for almost every company?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Something just doesnt sit right with me about the next reveal being at the VGAs. It feels like the pass is ahead of schedule and could end before february,

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Smash is still a huge deal no matter how you slice it, and those characters are big announcements even in something as jam packed as The Game Awards. Keighley will find time for Nintendo to announce a character if they have one ready and this is the biggest confirmed event between now and the February end date (and certainly the biggest even that lines up with a reveal a month out on the final character assuming they come in January close to the Amiibo).

I don’t really get why people are so doubtful of a showing at TGAs...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Something just doesnt sit right with me about the next reveal being at the VGAs. It feels like the pass is ahead of schedule and could end before february,
Well for the pass to end before February the next character would have to be revealed in the next month or so. And I highly doubt we’re getting any other information in November. So VGAs in December is the most logical choice especially if they’re going to want to end the pass with a bang and make social media implode over it like Joker’s reveal last year.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Except Smash has been the biggest discourse this week with the mii hats bar none. This is Sabi whose been badgered over the legitimacy of the leak for the past few days. It’s pretty obvious she’s alluding Smash. I am so confident in this and FP5 being revealed at the VGAs that if it is not I will eat a raw carrot. And I hate raw carrots.
I'll bet VGAs will get the reveal, too, so uh...

If you don't eat that carrot, good sir, I know a certain bunny duck queen who would like it... :drflip:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
At the same time, isn't the Fighter's Pass, for these last few fighters, shows its "reveal and release" schedule? If number 5 is revealed at VGA (December) then the fighter can be revealed in February, which was the end date per Sakurai, which fits the "current mold."

Also, it would be poetic to reveal the last character where the first one was announced/teased.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'll bet VGAs will get the reveal, too, so uh...

If you don't eat that carrot, good sir, I know a certain bunny duck queen who would like it... :drflip:
I will gladly mail you my carrot if we get a reveal. If the reveal is Doomslayer I will send you two carrots. If we get both Doomslayer and Geno I will send you 7 carrots each dyed to represent one of the seven stars.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Honestly, who cares what GX thinks about leaks. Even if they knew something was real they wouldn’t say anything because of their connection to Nintendo.

So I’m not really sure why so many people in this thread are talking about what they said. Whenever they talk about leaks just ignore what they say.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

God, I can't wait to point and laugh at idiots like this.

Also, these hilarious Sora arguments have been just mind-numbingly stupid. People really don't know how to debate.

Example: in one of these tweets, someone was like 'I don't get Geno. Why would you want him?' To which a brave Geno bro says 'Because we want him back in games and he would have a unique moveset.

Response? 'That can apply to any character though.' Wow, great job with that debate there, bud! What a cop-out response.

Also people are doing that whole 'But Samus and Megaman have a gun for an arm AND we have Mii Gunner, so how could Geno bring anything unique?'

Oh gee, idk, maybe something to do with the fact that he combines HEAVENLY STAR MAGIC with FINGER BULLET AND ELBOW CANNONS?!

Someone show me where I missed that Samus or Megaman shot specifically out of their fingers or shot muthafreaking stars out of their wrists.

People are pathetic and desperate. And worst is, when Geno makes it, they will all turn and be fake as hell.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Real quick. I got a tip for pulling off Buster Wolf with Terry a little more easier imo. So instead of doing two quarter circle just do a 360 + quarter circle. So start from downwards and spin the controller stick around until you land on the right/left the second time. I'm scrub when it comes to fighting games, so it's easier doing this then try the 2 quarter circle.

AbeSoddus

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4523-2453-0333
It absolutely could end before February. They might've just said "February 2020" to give themselves a month or two in case something goes wrong and they need more time.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am still speculating/theorizing that we will get someone else for Number 5 than DoomGuy. Why?

Let's assume a few things:

The Mii video is real.
The Smash website's two "dummy" slots for DLC after the Fighter's pass.
The development of the "new" DLC has begun prior to the annoucment, however long. (This isn't too hard to believe since it would be unlikely Nintendo would announce DLC being developed just RIGHT when they decide it. It is more likely that is has been in th works for a bit, however much.)
The new DLC does NOT have to follow the mold of the Fighter's Pass.

With those assumptions in mind, here is my thinking:

The Mii costumes come from 2 different franchises, so it could logically mean there would be at least 2 fighters.

With that number in mind, we can see the POSSIBLE connection to the two slots on in the website's code.

Mii costumes/helmets/hats take a whole lot less time than a fighter to develop. A Mii Costume could be made any time after the character has been confirmed for development. So it could be developed early, in the middle or at the end ... there isn't any confirmation when that occurs.

Now lastly, look back to Sm4sh DLC. Fighters were announced in groups, not just solo announcements/releases. So with this new batch of DLC, it does not have to follow the Fighter's Pass style ... it can take a cue or two from Sm4sh.

Ok, time to get ready for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom