• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Why I think it's real
-Came out of absolutely nowhere
-Promises nothing in particular
-Isn't even out of the ordinary. There's nothing implied in there that we haven't been talking about for the last year
-Makes sense re: Mallow/Smithy costume thing
-DOOM evidence I don't even need to post since you've read it all
-Models are incredibly high detailed
-No one has actually replicated it yet despite every clout-chasing modder on the internet saying "how easy it is"
-Can't replace another hat unless the filesize is smaller than the hat being replaced
-Modders do not have access to Nintendo's compression software
-Models are completely unique, Mallow looks like a higher-poly version of the "on-model" 3D render that came alongside SMRPG's promotional material. Cacodemon was made E10 friendly while still looking incredibly faithful to the original (1993) material, which is exactly what Sakurai would base his designs off of. I want to say that this alone is the biggest piece of evidence for me and why I keep going back to that demon. If you were making a "Real Ghostbusters" esque DOOM cartoon, Cacodemon would look like the Mii costume.
-No leaker has any idea what is going on. They are all frantically trying to go up-line to find out what their source's source has to say about it and no one is saying a damn thing
-No one has been able to poke any holes in it either. Every attempt winds up being a laughable imitation of what we got
The compression thing particularly is what pushes me toward believing the leak is real. I think that's the big difference between Grinch and Ken 2.0. Making the image a small, blurry bracelet gave the Grinch leak a large margin of error in faking the banner artwork. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo uses proprietary compression software, so slipping these hats into the game is a real, tangible skill check if this does turn out to be fake.

To me, Grinch was, "Is there really someone out there willing to put in dozens of hours repainting that background?" Ken 2.0 feels more like, "Is there really someone with enough knowledge to get around Nintendo's compression limits out there willing to do a fake leak rather than something more constructive with their talent?" The answer is, "Probably," but I think the number of people that fits this description is much, much smaller than with the banner.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I was on team fake, but honestly, the more time goes by and stuff is analyzed beyond the skin-deep possibility of it being a mod, the more I start leaning towards it being real.

If such is the case, Doom Marine or SOME Bethesda rep is surely in the works, same with either Geno or another SE rep (given Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo all being related costumes, an awful lot to put from one company in a completely unrelated pack). If not Doom Marine, I can see the Dragonborn, and if not Geno, I can see 2B.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I was on team fake, but honestly, the more time goes by and stuff is analyzed beyond the skin-deep possibility of it being a mod, the more I start leaning towards it being real.

If such is the case, Doom Marine or SOME Bethesda rep is surely in the works, same with either Geno or another SE rep (given Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo all being related costumes, an awful lot to put from one company in a completely unrelated pack). If not Doom Marine, I can see the Dragonborn, and if not Geno, I can see 2B.
I am thinking Doom Marine would be the chosen character, as it is not often that a series outside of the fighters would get two costumes(So far the exceptions have been Monster Hunter and Virtua Fighter, which both came from Smash 4), and I don't see them choosing a demon over Doom Marine for the Doom costume if he was not represented.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know what would be great? They stop making Mii Costumes and move the development onto Echo Fighters DLC instead. I think Rock Howard would be a great Echo Fighter for Terry if he was given the Ken treatment. (Change out Power Wave to be Reppuken, both act pretty similar)

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Glad that Geno made it past the presentation today. Here's to hoping we get something soon so we're not stuck in limbo with this for too long.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
You know what would be great? They stop making Mii Costumes and move the development onto Echo Fighters DLC instead. I think Rock Howard would be a great Echo Fighter for Terry if he was given the Ken treatment. (Change out Power Wave to be Reppuken, both act pretty similar)

I disagree. I personally think that they are a great way to rep series and third parties that otherwise would have been completely passed over, especially if more of them come with music tracks

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
When you meant (based on the discord pictures from earlier) that something was going to happen based off of events that had happened that day, what did you mean by that? The CacoMallow leak? (or is that information you can't share)
VR Plant gave me their prediction for characters. Not a leak, they will only leak something if they know it 100%, but just their prediction.

I don't want to say specific character names and get those names attributed to VR Plant only to have people take their speculation and misinterpret it as a leak. People would take their prediction as fact simply because of their past 100% track record when actually LEAKING something, and this was not a leak just speculation, but no matter how much I stress that I know how people would take the prediction. They could lose credibility if their current speculation ended up wrong.

The last time they speculated characters their prediction was Erdrick/Banjo for E3, and that is what we got (well basically with hero).

Their current speculation for which characters they think are coming is essentially the same speculation everyone has lately ever since the Mii Costume Video. This is not hard to figure out I just do not want to outright say character names haha.

Despite SPECULATING and giving their own personal prediction to me about who they think is coming they did not think a character would be shown off for the "Sakurai presents Terry" video. They had heard no leaks for a new character, which they usually do have before a character happens. This of course was right as we did not get a character reveal today.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

True that it could absolutely be a completely different Bethesda rep, but who else do we think has a shot? Dovahkiin from Skyrim is surely an alternative, but Skyrim was one (albeit hugely successful) game. DOOM is one of the first FPS games, and has a history with Nintendo consoles. I don't really know if the two are comparable in terms of legacy and stuff. I know Sakurai did say that having an interesting moveset was more important to relevancy, but I'm not sure. Other than Elder Scrolls and DOOM, I guess there's Fallout and Wolfenstein? I don't see either of them having a real shot, simply because of the other two that could be candidates. Curious to hear others' thoughts though!

Griselda

Smash Lord
True that it could absolutely be a completely different Bethesda rep, but who else do we think has a shot? Dovahkiin from Skyrim is surely an alternative, but Skyrim was one (albeit hugely successful) game. DOOM is one of the first FPS games, and has a history with Nintendo consoles. I don't really know if the two are comparable in terms of legacy and stuff. I know Sakurai did say that having an interesting moveset was more important to relevancy, but I'm not sure. Other than Elder Scrolls and DOOM, I guess there's Fallout and Wolfenstein? I don't see either of them having a real shot, simply because of the other two that could be candidates. Curious to hear others' thoughts though!
Doom has more history, I suppose, but Skyrim did come to the Switch relatively recently along with the BoTW gear being added in-game.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Ok one more. Can anyone actually get the camera to be at this angle without mods? Folks are saying it's impossible to get the camera at this angle:

And that the camera goes more like this:

This is at the start of the game where the platform is still on the ground. Note since the timer and the stock icons and other UI are still there, it means it has to be using a dev build camera. I guess. Since it would seem unlikely a modder would just make the camera slightly different.

The idea being that the Ken leak was also from an angle you can't produce in-game with the UI there. People tried to reproduce it and even if you get as close as you can, the camera angle is still higher, on top of the UI still being there.

(This is a really small version that someone tried to reproduce, but that doesn't get you the UI elements).

We can call this uh, Camera Theory or something.
Anyhow, folks are checking this one out too. Seeing if anyone can reproduce the angle.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
VR Plant gave me their prediction for characters. Not a leak, they will only leak something if they know it 100%, but just their prediction.

I don't want to say specific character names and get those names attributed to VR Plant only to have people take their speculation and misinterpret it as a leak. People would take their prediction as fact simply because of their past 100% track record when actually LEAKING something, and this was not a leak just speculation, but no matter how much I stress that I know how people would take the prediction. They could lose credibility if their current speculation ended up wrong.

The last time they speculated characters their prediction was Erdrick/Banjo for E3, and that is what we got (well basically with hero).

Their current speculation for which characters they think are coming is essentially the same speculation everyone has lately ever since the Mii Costume Video. This is not hard to figure out I just do not want to outright say character names haha.

Despite SPECULATING and giving their own personal prediction to me about who they think is coming they did not think a character would be shown off for the "Sakurai presents Terry" video. They had heard no leaks for a new character, which they usually do have before a character happens. This of course was right as we did not get a character reveal today.
Not sure if you can answer, but is VR Plants most recent speculation solely BECAUSE of the Mii Costume Video or was there other reason to have this speculation and the Mii Costume Video just kind of solidified his guess?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Allow me to respond to this post with a totally unrelated gif chosen at random.
1573073057156.gif

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well damn Sakurai, just casually drop 50 more songs into Smash Bros. why don't you. People have been asking for music DLC for a while, so it seems like we accidentally got it with Terry. I still can't believe he got 50 ****ing songs from SNK's titles so casually. I have way expected fighter #5 to be another SNK character with just how much content was showing up in that presentation. Speaking of, I've been playing a bit of Terry and my god is he so much fun. Like basically all of the DLC characters thus far, he does a great deal to separate himself from the rest of the roster and has some super interesting mechanics of his own that have been brought in to Smash. I'm sorry for ever doubting him, and I think he goes to show, much in the same way Hero did for swordsmen, that fighting game characters have plenty of opportunities to still be super unique and interesting in Smash. I never vibed with Ryu or Ken, but Terry is a whole different story. And his stage is perfect! I love when Sakurai implements stages with brand new mechanics, and this is such a cool way to throw a wrench in the usual Smash proceedings. Especially when there is 50 songs to pay on the damned thing!

Some other takeaways:
  • I kind of figured people would take the "It's more important for characters to be fun than popular" line and run entirely too wild with it. Like, yes, Sakurai prioritizes fun over everything else. But in 20 years of making Smash has he genuinely ever made a "not fun" character and how many people have gone out of their way to show how you can make all kinds of characters fun to play as. We've had Hero and Terry completely prove that a boring initial perception can lead to incredibly diverse and unique characters still. Most of the "popular" characters would have no issue being "fun" or "unique" in Smash. And it really doesn't confirm anything that we didn't already know and I don't think it really changes anything at all.
  • No Heihachi Mii costume should be the absolute biggest red flag ever today and I'm confused as to how that isn't getting more attention here. This was "the" moment to bring back the Heihachi Mii costume alongside all the other fighting game content, and Heihachi is kind of a huge deal so expecting his costume to ever be dropped when Bandai Namco helps make Smash seems more ridiculous than others to be honest. Either he's coming with a Bandai Namco character later or he's going to be playable. And I mean, Tekken is still a huge deal in the fighthing game community and would make so much sense to include. Seriously, I see people allying with Doom Slayer over the leak, and I think the much more convincing Mii costume development is this Heihachi situation (I'm all for that video being real, but it's a leak, and that's never something I will build a basis for theories on).
  • I'd be super sad about the lack of Garou Terry... if we didn't just casually get dropped such an insane amount of content and unique stuff around Terry to immediately dispel any sense of disappointment.
  • People are going to get super antsy waiting for any new of the future of Smash. We're just full on in the Joker - E3 period, and people are going to slowly go more and more crazy, I can already tell lol.

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
The compression thing particularly is what pushes me toward believing the leak is real. I think that's the big difference between Grinch and Ken 2.0. Making the image a small, blurry bracelet gave the Grinch leak a large margin of error in faking the banner artwork. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo uses proprietary compression software, so slipping these hats into the game is a real, tangible skill check if this does turn out to be fake.

To me, Grinch was, "Is there really someone out there willing to put in dozens of hours repainting that background?" Ken 2.0 feels more like, "Is there really someone with enough knowledge to get around Nintendo's compression limits out there willing to do a fake leak rather than something more constructive with their talent?" The answer is, "Probably," but I think the number of people that fits this description is much, much smaller than with the banner.
I know you were simplifying it for the comparison, but it’s even bigger then that when you consider that the leaker would have also to make legit-looking costumes/hats, and not only that... but fully functional so that they actually run in the game silky smooth. With no bugging out or anything.
And then there’s the compression limit, like you said, on top of all that.
Not to mention, it’s in a video, and not a random screenshot or photo.
Oh, and also replace the artwork in the Mii Fighters’ Damage Percent screen.

I know I said it already, and I know you were agreeing about it too, but I’ll say it again:
It’s real.

Could be fake somehow like you said, but I just don’t see how.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know you were simplifying it for the comparison, but it’s even bigger then that when you consider that the leaker would have also to make legit-looking costumes/hats, and not only that... but fully functional so that they actually run in the game silky smooth. With no bugging out or anything.
And then there’s the compression limit, like you said, on top of all that.
Not to mention, it’s in a video, and not a random screenshot or photo.
Oh, and also replace the artwork in the Mii Fighters’ Damage Percent screen.

I know I said it already, and I know you were agreeing about it too, but I’ll say it again:
It’s real.

Could be fake somehow like you said, but I just don’t see how.
The artwork isn't really a necessary point. The "artwork" is just a rendered model.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice

So they speculate we might get Doomslayer and Geno as characters as well but really want to push that it's only speculation since there is no insider info to confirm or deny whether it's legit. They are in the same spot as the rest of us then and I respect they are making that very clear. Overall the Cacomallow leak is looking pretty good with all things going for it and no one able to reproduce it at the same quality or insiders able to give any comment on it.

I am curious on your opinion, papagenos papagenos . How do you feel about the Reimu leak now that SNK got such a massive list of songs and Sakurai stating that recognition doesn't outweigh fun gameplay when it comes to characters? I feel like this significantly boosted her chances along with giving more foundation for the Tohou music leak with so many songs being potentially selected. Might be wishful thinking though.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I really have to say we've been doing really well surviving these presentations with the Mii costumes and whatnot. I remember when a lot of people thought for sure Geno would show up for Hero's presentation, but he was a no-show.

Someone mentioned pages back if Geno gets into Smash Ultimate they wanted to hear Sakurai's reasoning for taking this long; my best guess is it's because of the timing of Smash Ultimate's development coming so close to the end of Smash 4's DLC cycle, so he likely didn't prioritize making Geno into a playable fighter and left it at Bayonetta and Corrin, and gave us the costume so we could at least get something like he said. Given the possible Mii costume leak preview of Mallow which lines up with that leaked costume list, the DLC continuing well beyond the fighter's pass, no Geno Mii costumes up to this point and Sakurai's clear statement about characters being fun taking priority over relevance and I'd say it just keeps looking better all the time for Geno to make it this time around.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
My preference would definitely be Vault Boy, but I definitely think Doom Marine is more likely and has the legacy and enough moveset variety to back them up.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't look like it's possible to in-game reproduce that camera angle with the UI elements in those places from what we've tested so far.
Has anyone else been able to? I'm not sure if you can in like a replay mode or something.

I'm not saying this is definitive or anything but I feel stuff like this is worth checking since it doesn't look like this leak is gonna be confirmed or not within a few days, given the Terry broadcast didn't say either way and nobody's come forward claiming the leak as theirs (and fake) or any insiders claiming it's fake withing a few days now.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well damn Sakurai, just casually drop 50 more songs into Smash Bros. why don't you. People have been asking for music DLC for a while, so it seems like we accidentally got it with Terry. I still can't believe he got 50 ****ing songs from SNK's titles so casually. I have way expected fighter #5 to be another SNK character with just how much content was showing up in that presentation. Speaking of, I've been playing a bit of Terry and my god is he so much fun. Like basically all of the DLC characters thus far, he does a great deal to separate himself from the rest of the roster and has some super interesting mechanics of his own that have been brought in to Smash. I'm sorry for ever doubting him, and I think he goes to show, much in the same way Hero did for swordsmen, that fighting game characters have plenty of opportunities to still be super unique and interesting in Smash. I never vibed with Ryu or Ken, but Terry is a whole different story. And his stage is perfect! I love when Sakurai implements stages with brand new mechanics, and this is such a cool way to throw a wrench in the usual Smash proceedings. Especially when there is 50 songs to pay on the damned thing!

Some other takeaways:
  • I kind of figured people would take the "It's more important for characters to be fun than popular" line and run entirely too wild with it. Like, yes, Sakurai prioritizes fun over everything else. But in 20 years of making Smash has he genuinely ever made a "not fun" character and how many people have gone out of their way to show how you can make all kinds of characters fun to play as. We've had Hero and Terry completely prove that a boring initial perception can lead to incredibly diverse and unique characters still. Most of the "popular" characters would have no issue being "fun" or "unique" in Smash. And it really doesn't confirm anything that we didn't already know and I don't think it really changes anything at all.
  • No Heihachi Mii costume should be the absolute biggest red flag ever today and I'm confused as to how that isn't getting more attention here. This was "the" moment to bring back the Heihachi Mii costume alongside all the other fighting game content, and Heihachi is kind of a huge deal so expecting his costume to ever be dropped when Bandai Namco helps make Smash seems more ridiculous than others to be honest. Either he's coming with a Bandai Namco character later or he's going to be playable. And I mean, Tekken is still a huge deal in the fighthing game community and would make so much sense to include. Seriously, I see people allying with Doom Slayer over the leak, and I think the much more convincing Mii costume development is this Heihachi situation (I'm all for that video being real, but it's a leak, and that's never something I will build a basis for theories on).
  • I'd be super sad about the lack of Garou Terry... if we didn't just casually get dropped such an insane amount of content and unique stuff around Terry to immediately dispel any sense of disappointment.
  • People are going to get super antsy waiting for any new of the future of Smash. We're just full on in the Joker - E3 period, and people are going to slowly go more and more crazy, I can already tell lol.
I agree I found the missing Heihachi mii costume to be really suspicious. It would make sense to release it along all of the other fighter Mii costumes. I definitely think Bandai Namco will get a 2nd rep, now whether it’s a Tales of character or Tekken character is still up in the air. If it is a Tekken character and Ryu Hayabusa does happen later on. It will be the first time all major globally popular fighting game franchises have a crossover Street Fighter, Fatal Fury/King of Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive.

I definitely think Geno has a good chance, his mii costume has also been suspiciously missing. Not sure of the validity of the mii costume leak, but hopefully Geno happens either way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It doesn't look like it's possible to in-game reproduce that camera angle with the UI elements in those places from what we've tested so far.
Has anyone else been able to? I'm not sure if you can in like a replay mode or something.

I'm not saying this is definitive or anything but I feel stuff like this is worth checking since it doesn't look like this leak is gonna be confirmed or not within a few days, given the Terry broadcast didn't say either way and nobody's come forward claiming the leak as theirs (and fake) or any insiders claiming it's fake withing a few days now.
I don't know why they're analyzing the camera angle; the angle ingame looks normal to me, especially with that closeup you got, but the picture is taken using a phone or something, and it's not facing the monitor perfectly.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The camera angle thing is definitely interesting and if nobody can reproduce it, that would add quite a bit to the cacomallow leak. I would argue that this leak already has more and better evidence than the Grinch leak. Looking back, the Grinch leak was definitely sketchy as it was blurry when it really didn't need to be and the blurriness ended up hiding evidence of its fakeness.

But with the cacomallow leak, it is a video leak, and there are very few video leaks for Smash, with some of the few being real. With Ken giving the thumbs up and the seemingly unreproducible camera angle, I wonder if this came from the same dude who leaked Ken. I'm personally 65/35 on cacomallow being real. Especially since no one has been able to disprove it. Not to mention, usually people come out and claim the leak is fake and is theirs soon after the leak comes out. i don't know guys, this might just be the ESRB leak 2.0.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
all I know is, if heihachi is gonna be a fighter, they better give me a taunt where he eats a hatchet.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
You know, I really hope Geno doesn't get the same treatment as other Square characters when it comes to music. I mean, Yoko Shimomura does a ton of remixes for Smash and would totally have no problem with her music being used! I guess it's just a matter of who controls SMRPG music. Yoko or Square?
Square Enix most likely controls the music, not Yoko. As far as I’m aware Yoko does not own any of the music she has composed for Square Enix.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Not sure if you can answer, but is VR Plants most recent speculation solely BECAUSE of the Mii Costume Video or was there other reason to have this speculation and the Mii Costume Video just kind of solidified his guess?
We were talking about the Mii Costume Video leak and they said who they think is probably coming, just as SPECULATION like the rest of us. What they based that speculation on beyond the Mii Costume Leak I have no idea for sure but that was the topic of conversation.

If I were to speculate doomguy, the Mii Costume leak would be a major part of why I would speculate that BUT I also already thought doomguy had a good shot because of the bethesda interview mentioning talking to nintendo about smash and stuff. So I can't really speak for what has lead them to guess what they are guessing but the Mii Costume Leak was what we were talking about at the time. But it is definitely just speculation.

So they speculate we might get Doomslayer and Geno as characters as well but really want to push that it's only speculation since there is no insider info to confirm or deny whether it's legit. They are in the same spot as the rest of us then and I respect they are making that very clear. Overall the Cacomallow leak is looking pretty good with all things going for it and no one able to reproduce it at the same quality or insiders able to give any comment on it.

I am curious on your opinion, papagenos papagenos . How do you feel about the Reimu leak now that SNK got such a massive list of songs and Sakurai stating that recognition doesn't outweigh fun gameplay when it comes to characters? I feel like this significantly boosted her chances along with giving more foundation for the Tohou music leak with so many songs being potentially selected. Might be wishful thinking though.
I hadn't thought about the Reimu music leak and the large number of tracks Terry got until you just brought it up actually.

It could be real I'm really not sure. my own guess for right now is Doomguy next then Geno as some kind of a bonus or happening a bit later or something, any characters beyond that I'm not sure how I feel about their chances (hayabusa/lloyd etc... all the likely ones still seem likely to me for later dlc) but if Reimu is DLC later I wouldn't be too shocked if she actually happened or if that music leak was true.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Heihachi's costume being missing is pretty suspect. Either Bamco is getting another rep (I'd bet you ANYTHING it would be Lloyd or Heihachi at this point) or something weird is going on.

Whatever the case, today proved that B-K were, indeed, the big outliers in Fighter Packs and the Mii costumes with each. So far, they're literally the only one to go with a bunch of Mii costumes unrelated to them.

Joker? SEGA costumes.
Hero? Square Enix costumess (mainly DQ and stuff tangentially related to DQ).
Terry? SNK costumes and fighting game representation.

The cases I could see Geno's outfit returning is with one of these conditions:

1) A weird outlier condition like B-K, which would likely only be with an uncooperative or rival company a la Microsoft. This is highly unlikely.
2) An RPG rep of some kind coming with the outfits. I'd look at Lloyd Irving for this possibility. Geno to ToS feels like such a far cry from Virtua Fighter to SNK's fighting games, however, so I 'unno.
3) Another Square rep that is not Geno gets in.
4) We get Mii packs that are NOT connected to any character releases. We do not yet have any kind of precedent for this, so this is also pretty unlikely for now.
5) Geno is in; therefore, we party like it's 1999.

The things I'd look out for are 2, 3, and obviously, 5. I'd say of those three, strictly speaking on FP, we'd have to look for 2. If we get Lloyd, he might come with Geno's costume and the Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo hats/costumes. It's a lot, so I'd call it pretty unlikely that he'd get all that SE material with him, but since they're also from JRPGs (just as Akira/Jacky are also from fighting games a la Terry), it is a slim possibility. Outside of the Fighter's Pass, if we get more Mii costumes with further characters (highly likely, imo), we'd have to look for either Geno or another SE rep. If Mii packs are done when the pass is done, then we'll either see the last pack having Mallow and such in it with Geno as a separate, playable fighter, or they'll all be in with Geno's outfit included and no playable Geno.

There's a loooot of ways this could go tbh.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice

Hmm. So, no one can seemingly replicate the leak's "angle". And also seemingly the Ken leak also had a similar "different angle". See how it's slightly higher than the in-game angle? This is the highest replay mode lets you go.

Here they are overlayed:

It's not just "zoomed in" or anything, the angle is actually higher. The lines on the stage are at different angles.

Special smash's fixed camera modes are also totally different from this.

If there really is no way to get that camera angle in-game, then the if this IS a fake leak, it would mean the fake-leaker would need to have noticed the unusual angle on top of everything--which of course they COULD have--and then modded that in as well as the two hats and the timer. So maybe this bodes well for the leak being real? Someone let me know if I've missed something.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Hmm. So, no one can seemingly replicate the leak's "angle". And also seemingly the Ken leak also had a similar "different angle". See how it's slightly higher than the in-game angle?

Here they are overlayed:

It's not just "zoomed in" or anything, the angle is actually higher. The lines on the stage are at different angles.
That would lead credence to the Mii leak being legit. Sakurai did say the dev builds have slightly different camera angles for ease of testing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Hmm. So, no one can seemingly replicate the leak's "angle". And also seemingly the Ken leak also had a similar "different angle". See how it's slightly higher than the in-game angle? This is the highest replay mode lets you go.

Here they are overlayed:

Special smash's fixed camera modes are also totally different from this.
My only problem is that the camera isn't facing the monitor perfectly, so you can't get a perfect match with an overlay.

Though, I see a bit more of the stage at the bottom in the leak.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I'm most afraid of Lloyd having Geno costume in tow, but if Mallow and Smithy come too, that would be alot of Mario RPG stuff for just Lloyd , particularly when there are SO many Tales costumes that would be more likely represented ala Yuri, Cress, Zellos, Elise, Collete, Gene, Kratos, etc) so I'm not particularly worried.

The lack of Heihachi costume was a big red flag to me, however, bias aside, Doom or Lloyd seem more likely to me. Still in the Doom corner.

Character pack 5's mii costurmes is gonna be rough for me to watch, unless its Geno himself. My anxiety has been (rip) and tearing me a new one I'm terrified of that accursed costume despite my confidence otherwise. Though I'd literally pay someone to confirm our boy for me right now, cause my brain is just wracked with nerves.

Today really has bolstered my already optimistic attitude on things, despite the aforementioned costume and the way that sounds.

For now I'll enjoy Terry and root for my new favorite friendship GenoDoom. Also, team real

EDIT: I also want to add that a lot of my confidence for Geno as a bonus comes from still believing in some significance to color theory. As I've previously said, I think the colors are deliberate nods to the seven stars culminating in Geno. This carrying over to second wave of DLC would make no sense.
Many of the speculated options left would fit orange well, and I dont think that's coincidence.

Only time will tell, but I'm keeping the faith. Sorry for rambling, this is just my two cents

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Is our plan to basically watch out for leaks (including seeing if the mii costume leak is real/fake), and wait to the game awards or the next upcoming possibility a smash reveal will happen to end out seeing if Geno/Doom guy get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom