• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
By all indications, no insiders know at all. That's PROBABLY because the character isn't going to be revealed for a few weeks, and really the only things insiders would find out about are fighters.

If the next fighter is Doomguy and he comes with a Cacodemon mii hat (And it matches the leak), then you can probably bet on the leak being real and getting the Mallow one (and probably a Geno fighter) later. And visa-versa, if we get Geno/Mallow we'll get the Doom stuff later.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Also, just so you all know, about my talking about Mai and censorship, though I thought they could get around that issue, I wasn't a fan of Mai anyway. I just find her lack of clothing to be a bit...for a lack of a better word...sexist. (Please do forgive me for saying that)
Shulk: What does that mean for me?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I was mostly playing around. I am not getting into agenda/social/political stuff. I am ok with Mai not being in for rating reasons. No probs for me.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
By all indications, no insiders know at all. That's PROBABLY because the character isn't going to be revealed for a few weeks, and really the only things insiders would find out about are fighters.

If the next fighter is Doomguy and he comes with a Cacodemon mii hat, then you can probably bet on the leak being real and getting the Mallow one (and probably a Geno fighter) later. And visa-versa, if we get Geno/Mallow we'll get the Doom stuff later.
My thoughts exactly. I'm still putting my money on Doomguy as Fighter #5 with the next smash direct which will then end with Geno being revealed as the first of fighter of FP#2. Honestly, at this point, I'd be more surprised if Geno DIDN'T get in by at least the end of the next fighters pass.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was mostly playing around. I am not getting into agenda stuff. I am ok with Mai not being in for rating reasons. No probs for me.
Despite what I was saying earlier, same here. Still, I can't help but think they could have gotten around that issue for some reason.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Fighters either get leaked a year in advance or a couple of days before they are revealed. There is no in between

Firox

Smash Master
Also, just so you all know, about my talking about Mai and censorship, though I thought they could get around that issue, I wasn't a fan of Mai anyway. I just find her lack of clothing to be a bit...for a lack of a better word...sexist. (Please do forgive me for saying that)
I mean, she was obviously the creation of a male character designer that thought a curvaceous, scantily-clad woman would draw more of the FGC's typical demographic: Males between 16-35 with a liking for curvaceous, scantily-clad women.

To be fair, she's not the first bit of fan service to be shown in traditional fighting games. We've got classics like Cammy, Laura, Mika.....like pretty much EVERY female in Street fighter...and Mortal combat....and Guilty Gear...and....you know what? The FGC just really likes curvy, scantily-clad women.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So we're basically back at square one until the next reveal cause Sabi doesn't know and I doubt if someone faked it they would come out and say it at this point?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So we're basically back at square one until the next reveal cause Sabi doesn't know and I doubt if someone faked it they would come out and say it at this point?
Not only that; in regards to future characters and other things, we are pretty much in the middle of freaking no where with almost no ride to take us anywhere, if you know what I mean.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Don't know if that means we are at square one, usually the idea of square one is when something is proven fake/not true. So far, the Mii costume video leak has not been disproven. If it is fake and gets disproven, then yes, we would be back at square one.

link2702

Smash Champion
Yeah pretty much back to waiting, and the most likely time we’ll get any new news is a month from now during tga.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
We're not at square one. Every fan base that isn't Geno or DoomGuy is on Square One. We have video leaks they don't have so we're on square... 3.5 or something.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't know why people keep calling it square one. I'm pretty sure the company is called Square Enix. :4pacman:

T2by4

Smash Lord
We're not at square one. Every fan base that isn't Geno or DoomGuy is on Square One. We have video leaks they don't have so we're on square... 3.5 or something.
This. The mii costumes for mallow/doom demon has yet to be debunked. We have a lot more going for us than everyone else.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Here is an interesting speculation topic, in a sense.

Before the video was leaked/released, prior to it there was the discovery on the Smash website that added the two "dummy" slots for DLC, indicating DLC after the Faster Pass DLC. I wonder if this connects both Doom and SMRPG rep as the first two DLC AFTER the fighters' pass. This is just for the sake of speculation, so there could be something/someone else for number 5. Recall, Terry wasn't on anyone's PUBLIC radar until the website leak/mistake showing SNK was the company for number 4.

To be fair everything is obviously murky since we don't know if the leak is real, the timing of the video just before the announcement of the Terry video and after the website code mining showing two slots in the code. Just food for thought for pure speculation. Who else could be Number 5 for the pass?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how high are Geno's chances again? 66,666th post, by the way.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Before the video was leaked/released, prior to it there was the discovery on the Smash website that added the two "dummy" slots for DLC, indicating DLC after the Faster Pass DLC. I wonder if this connects both Doom and SMRPG rep as the first two DLC AFTER the fighters' pass. This is just for the sake of speculation, so there could be something/someone else for number 5. Recall, Terry wasn't on anyone's PUBLIC radar until the website leak/mistake showing SNK was the company for number 4.

To be fair everything is obviously murky since we don't know if the leak is real, the timing of the video just before the announcement of the Terry video and after the website code mining showing two slots in the code. Just food for thought for pure speculation. Who else could be Number 5 for the pass?
I'm still confused as to which page had the two extra slots, but if they're there, that could be good.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323

Well, a ton of people were attracted to Sakurai's comments about Pac-Man and him being owned by Bamco, and when going up talk about him he has to refer to him as "your company's character" to get Bamco to recognize what's he talking about. Given how the 4th round of Mii costumes are fighting game-oriented and Heihachi's costume is missing, people are suspecting that Bamco might get number 5 for the pass, which people believe may be Lloyd.
We have to wait and see, however, and it shouldn't be long if everyone's theory of another Smash reveal is VGA is what'll be happening.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Ok so there's a new theory I call "Whale Theory" because I like calling things X-theory.

The theory is that the Yggdrasil's Altar stage in the leaked video may be a "beta" version of the stage, and possibly was made before Yggdrasil's Altar was released. The thinking being is that the white whale (Cetacea) SHOULD be appearing during that point in the animation shown in this video:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587083772248326164/640801610032873483/1572849313689.webm

But he doesn't show up.
He should show up at this point in the stage: https://youtu.be/LFvdKNifT8I?t=72

Can anyone check this and confirm or deny?

If the whale SHOULD ALWAYS show up there, regardless of hazards on/off, then that would indicate this video may be in an early version of the stage, which would give it a lot more credence. Since it doesn't seem likely a modder would just randomly remove the whale.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
HUGE LEAK DEVELOPMENT

Apparently the Whale in the Dragon Quest stage is not present in the leak at all, despite being present all the time in game

#WHALETHEORY

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Ok so there's a new theory I call "Whale Theory" because I like calling things X-theory.

The theory is that the Yggdrasil's Altar stage in the leaked video may be a "beta" version of the stage, and possibly was made before Yggdrasil's Altar was released. The thinking being is that the white whale (Cetacea) SHOULD be appearing during that point in the animation shown in this video:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587083772248326164/640801610032873483/1572849313689.webm

But he doesn't show up.
He should show up at this point in the stage: https://youtu.be/LFvdKNifT8I?t=72

Can anyone check this and confirm or deny?

If the whale SHOULD ALWAYS show up there, regardless of hazards on/off, then that would indicate this video may be in an early version of the stage, which would give it a lot more credence. Since it doesn't seem likely a modder would just randomly remove the whale.

It's not just a game theory...IT'S A WHALE THEORY!

wailord.png

D

Deleted member

4 fighter packs and 4 times the Geno Mii costume hasn’t made a presence.

Things are looking good so far.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, it took me like an hour to catch up with the thread. I'm glad we're still safe, and this sudden Whale stuff is interesting, but..

Can I just bring up how adorable Sakurai is? I just wanna pat his head.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I guess but there are multiple things weird about the footage like that. Like why is ken taunting with his right hand instead of his left?

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Kewl0210 Kewl0210 I just played on the switch on the map with Stage Hazards off. The whale appears.
It is in dev mode. Some elements of the stage may not be there. Also we don't know how early the footage was captured. I don't personally feel like that's strong enough evidence to make it fake. At least not yet.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
The thing is to make sure it would always appear there no matter time the animation loops, and make sure it's in that spot. Some people are checking. It does definitely appear in both hazards on and off though.

If it's not clear, if the whale always appears there at that point in the background animation in the released game, that lends credence to the leak being real.

It's possible the whale just already passed by the time the video starts. So someone's gotta check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom