• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Fatman made a lot of great points but one point he made irks me and I think it might be completely off the mark;

GameXplain

I say that because of this Twitter post

View attachment 245551

And even if Jon hadn’t of said this; he and the rest of the crew still covered and bought into that 5chan leak a while ago that was completely fake and said Steve would be in instead of Banjo and Ryu Hayabusa would be in instead of Terry Bogard.

Regardless, Jon and Andre seem to be very pro-Geno, but I think they just like the character and that has nothing to do with leaks.
After the Grinch I cant trust gamexplain to be entirely truthful to their audience
Uh oh, this page number
*doom theme starts playing*

StarLight42

Smash Lord
StarBot StarBot

I can’t seem to find that post you made, but my response is pretty much;

This ain’t it, chief

No one is defending the leak just because they want it to be real. We’re annoyed at the fact that people who want the leak to be FAKE are taking horrible “evidence” and treating it as end-all be-all FOR the leak.

I mean, I literally just made a post about how the people arguing against the leak said “Ken’s damage can be replicated in the game” (the version under 6.0), and then once the update came out and there was no changes for Ken, they start saying “omfg ken not changed leak fake” even though they JUST said how Ken’s damage could be replicated in the last version.

That’s not healthy leak discussion at all, it’s being petty about something you want to be fake and using evidence that only supports your side, no matter how weak it is.

Inb4 “well ur just geno fans ur BIASED!!1”

Uhh, no? I also just made a post about how I don’t believe the Mallow/Smithy costume leak anymore despite PapaGenos insisting that it’s still true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fatman made a lot of great points but one point he made irks me and I think it might be completely off the mark;

GameXplain

I say that because of this Twitter post

View attachment 245551

And even if Jon hadn’t of said this; he and the rest of the crew still covered and bought into that 5chan leak a while ago that was completely fake and said Steve would be in instead of Banjo and Ryu Hayabusa would be in instead of Terry Bogard.

Regardless, Jon and Andre seem to be very pro-Geno, but I think they just like the character and that has nothing to do with leaks.
They brought this on themselves, ignoring the Grinch leak like they did. I don't care if your dad literally works at Nintendo and told you the whole lineup, cover the goddamned leak. Everyone knows those clowns have deep insider ties and it was totally reasonable to assume that radio silence was something done to stop proliferation of what could have easily been one of the biggest leaks ever.

I might catch flak for saying this but imo Jon and Andre are some of the most insufferable personalities on the internet.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy I sure can't wait for potentially a whole month of insufferable snarkers continuing to trip over themselves attempting to prove the Mii costumes fake.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Oh boy I sure can't wait for potentially a whole month of insufferable snarkers continuing to trip over themselves attempting to prove the Mii costumes fake.
Shoot, I can't wait for all the people to look at sakurai's statement and STILL say geno can't get in... For a whole month

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Once we start getting close to post 66,666 we need to plan for it to be something doom related, like maybe some artwork

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Shoot, I can't wait for all the people to look at sakurai's statement and STILL say geno can't get in... For a whole month
Have you seen Twitter posts using that statement? The comments are full of "lol this is meant to attack people who didn't know who Terry was but also Geno is to irrelevant to get in"

Firox

Smash Master
Once we start getting close to post 66,666 we need to plan for it to be something doom related, like maybe some artwork
I still think it'd be so fun to see more Doomguy/Geno buddy artwork. I feel it's only fitting since their destinies seem to be intertwined right now.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, at this point, I'm taking GameXplain as knowing as much as we do: nothing. They speculate fake because of how elaborate it is, not necessarily because they have info that contradicts it.

It's very 50/50. It's just a wait and see kind of thing. I wouldn't put too much stock into GameXplain's schtick after lauding over that bad 5ch leak like it was real. Their speculation, especially considering they have an inside look, feels rather disingenuous as a result.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Quick! Someone arrange the pentagram so we can exchange a couple of our souls for playable Geno! We only have half a page left before 1666 is over!!

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
I guess I don’t understand why people what to say this leak is fake, with the Mallow Hat and Cacodemon Hat.

I have seen nothing that shows this is fake. Everything, so far, points to these Mii Fighter hats being real.
I say these are real, not from any desperation, but because I don’t think one could fake both hats with the video proof.

That’s just how it is with the Mallow Hat leak right now.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Has anyone here discussed Terry's codename?

Dolly

Not sure if this helps you guys or not (since if Geno were in, he would probably be doll, or star, or his actual name), though even I cannot figure out what that name has to do with Terry...

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Dolly

Not sure if this helps you guys or not (since if Geno were in, he would probably be doll, or star, or his actual name), though even I cannot figure out what that name has to do with Terry...
I dunno what that means for Terry, but... may I please just say that I NEED GENO AND TERRY BFF ART ASAP?!

This is your inspiration, y'all. Do it. I will do it, too... at some point. They can eat cheeseburgers together.

P47

Smash Apprentice

Dolly

Geno was in front of us the whole time

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Honestly, at this point, I'm taking GameXplain as knowing as much as we do: nothing. They speculate fake because of how elaborate it is, not necessarily because they have info that contradicts it.

It's very 50/50. It's just a wait and see kind of thing. I wouldn't put too much stock into GameXplain's schtick after lauding over that bad 5ch leak like it was real. Their speculation, especially considering they have an inside look, feels rather disingenuous as a result.
The issue with GXp is that they _do_ get good intel much of the time.

They're just petulent assholes about it.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing 'Dolly' didn't leak with 'Brave' because oh boy EVERYONE would have thought that one was Geno.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
GameXplain
Can I just say something off-topic about GameXplain real quick though? I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I've really stopped liking their content. Andre seems kinda pretentious about his position and the access that he gets with it and Jon clearly has access to insider information which he masks as "predictions" i.e. him predicting Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. As a channel they just seem more concerned with staying on Nintendo's payroll instead of what they used to be like. Don't get me wrong, both Derrick and Ash seem like they're really nice guys, and I like when they're in on the discussion. They just seem more authentic to me.

Anyways, to keep it on topic, Geno. Geno... Geno?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Vibe check:
Adeleine and Sylux as best friends vibe well with Geno and Doom Slayer as best friends.

Someone please make it happen.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, they could

But knowing how gamers are and how trigger happy to cry censorship

I think it would be best if they didn't brother to try
There has been a lot of censorship people have not been happy about. Yet it was done. Why let it stop them?

D

Deleted member

GameXPlain has been and always will be one of my favourite Youtube channels and I will always enjoy their content! I don't think they know anything about the weather the leak is real or not. But I did like their discussion on the matter and look forward to seeing their reactions to all future updates!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Can I just say something off-topic about GameXplain real quick though? I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I've really stopped liking their content. Andre seems kinda pretentious about his position and the access that he gets with it and Jon clearly has access to insider information which he masks as "predictions" i.e. him predicting Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. As a channel they just seem more concerned with staying on Nintendo's payroll instead of what they used to be like. Don't get me wrong, both Derrick and Ash seem like they're really nice guys, and I like when they're in on the discussion. They just seem more authentic to me.

Anyways, to keep it on topic, Geno. Geno... Geno?
Oh, don't worry dude. What you posted, I am in complete agreement with. I don't really like Andre nor Jon and while I do think Derrick and Ash seem much more down to earth and cool, the GameXplain channel as a whole has gone down in quality since they've gained more and more subscribers. I still remember the good ol' days when they posted highly indepth analysis videos and cool bits, but seems like now every other video is just Jon reporting on sales numbers or something super inconsequential like that.

I also think the way they covered the Grinch leak was all around awful. You want to see good insider coverage of the Grinch leak? Check out Alex from Nintendo Life. He simply said he was told the leak was fake by credible sources and didn't beat around the bush and say "o ma gud da image is blurrey derefore its fake" like GameXplain did.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
GameXPlain has been and always will be one of my favourite Youtube channels and I will always enjoy their content! I don't think they know anything about the weather the leak is real or not. But I did like their discussion on the matter and look forward to seeing their reactions to all future updates!
Wait, what leak are you guys talking about, exactly? The Mallow one?

Firox

Smash Master
Hey, guys, I got a crazy idea for an information sting. Get a load of this:

Someone emails or calls Nintendo's PR department claiming to know the people that leaked the footage of the mii costumes, asking if they'd be interested in knowing who did it. If Nintendo says yes and actively presses for information, then it'll pretty much confirm that the leak is real. If they show complete disinterest or have no idea what you're talking about, then we're none the wiser and no harm, no foul. I highly doubt this would work, but holy hell wouldn't it be crazy if it did?

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Yeah...I think Gamexplain is in the dark like rest of us, but they have special access to gaming events and game premieres in the game industry not top secret inside information with developers.

D

Deleted member

So they took down the video of that leak? I understand not doing the Grinch leak, but for taking this one down, why?
The video was taken down? Huh first I've heard of that. Interesting if true don't know of it points towards anything but it's definetly interesting.

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys, I got a crazy idea for an information sting. Get a load of this:

Someone emails or calls Nintendo's PR department claiming to know the people that leaked the footage of the mii costumes, asking if they'd be interested in knowing who did it. If Nintendo says yes and actively presses for information, then it'll pretty much confirm that the leak is real. If they show complete disinterest or have no idea what you're talking about, then we're none the wiser and no harm, no foul. I highly doubt this would work, but holy hell wouldn't it be crazy if it did?
I think it'd need to be their legal department that'd need to be contacted about that, and they'd probably just ignore it if it didn't already have the information they wanted, and if it did, they'd likely send back a pre-made "thanks for letting us know our copyrights have been infringed" email and leave it at that. Nintendo might live in the 1990s as far as online play is concerned but they're right here in modern times, legally speaking. Their team wouldn't fall for something like that.

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
Yeah That one. I'm assuming it's the Mallow and Cacodemon one people are discussing.
Actually, they’re briefly talking about Gamexplain’s coverage on the old, box art leak/grinch leak.
They are just saying how badly Gamexplain handled and talked about it.

So it’s not about the Mallow Hat leak.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The video was taken down? Huh first I've heard of that. Interesting if true don't know of it points towards anything but it's definetly interesting.
I don't know for sure. I just had the idea because the tweet StarLight42 StarLight42 posted said they covered it up, which may mean they took it down.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also, just so you all know, about my talking about Mai and censorship, though I thought they could get around that issue, I wasn't a fan of Mai anyway. I just find her lack of clothing to be a bit...for a lack of a better word...sexist. (Please do forgive me for saying that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom